Dota 2 - StarLadder i-League Invitational Season 4 Day 3 Match Discussions


StarLadder i-League Invitational Season 4 Day 3 Match Discussions

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 05:37 PM PST

StarLadder i-League Invitational Season 4

Presented by Starladder & ImbaTV

Need info on the event? Check out the Survival Guide.

See here for yesterday's VODS and results


Coverage

Liquipedia | JoinDota | GosuGamers | Dotabuff

Streams

English | Russian | Chinese


Group A Group B
LGD Gaming Team Kinguin
compLexity Gaming Mineski
Team Liquid Newbee
Infamous Team Empire

Day 3 (Saturday Feb 3)

ID Team vs Team Result Cntdwn (SGT) PST EST GMT CET SGT AEDT Frmt
A-L1 vs 10:00 18:00 21:00 2:00 3:00 10:00 13:00 Bo3
B-L1 vs 13:00 21:00 0:00 5:00 6:00 13:00 16:00 Bo3
A-LF vs 16:00 0:00 3:00 8:00 9:00 16:00 19:00 Bo3
B-LF vs 19:00 3:00 6:00 11:00 12:00 19:00 22:00 Bo3

Group A Losers' Round 1: compLexity Gaming vs Infamous

Game 1 Winner:
Game 2 Winner:
Game 3 Winner:

Result:   2:0  

Match thread

VODS


Group B Losers' Round 1: Team Kinguin vs Team Empire

Game 1 Winner:
Game 2 Winner:
Game 3 Winner:

Result:   1:2  

Match thread

VODS


Group A Losers' Final: LGD Gaming vs

Game 1 Winner:
Game 2 Winner:
Game 3 Winner:

Result:   2:1  

Match thread

VODS


Group B Losers' Final: Mineski vs

Game 1 Winner:
Game 2 Winner:
Game 3 Winner:

Result:   2:1  

Match thread

VODS


Countdown times are in SGT. All times are subject to change based on the length of matches and delays.

submitted by /u/D2TournamentThreads
[link] [comments]

Natus Vincere - SoNNeikO leaves Natus Vincere

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 05:58 AM PST

Enigma drawing by RNA1SSNC

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 05:11 AM PST

【League of Assassins】artwork by ZhabgTianyu

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 05:10 AM PST

CIS drama continued#2

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 08:13 AM PST

https://twitter.com/dvoryrom/status/959802697112276992?s=17

Long story short, gm of Virtus Pro threatens Lil. So, if Lil spokes truth he will be fined and he will lose money that he earned. Gg VP

submitted by /u/dvnconia
[link] [comments]

TIL Chinese call Battlefury "Babaev"

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 08:11 AM PST

dota不出狂战斧, 不如回家卖红薯

After rtz builtbf on pl on tb, an ancient Chinese meme was reborn, "If you don't buy battlefury on melee hero, you'd better go home and farm potatoes.

submitted by /u/ttmp3
[link] [comments]

AdmiralBulldog stack vs Synderen Stack in Open qualifier

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 07:05 AM PST

Get your PogChamps ready boys. Game is about to go live right now

https://www.twitch.tv/admiralbulldog

submitted by /u/skinsaremylife
[link] [comments]

Salty tears already running from the 6month bans (screenshotted from a post on Wykhms facebook)

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 08:51 PM PST

If you don't ask her out, how do you know if she share the same feeling for you?

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 01:13 AM PST

Before > After

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 03:12 AM PST

Team 'is GG'.

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 08:32 AM PST

The team consists of (in order)

BananaSlamJamma

KvH

Monkeys-forever

FrancisLee

Stan King

submitted by /u/the_D_devil
[link] [comments]

[Translation] Na'Vi.Lil: I don't think there's a player in the world who's as versatile as me

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 10:07 AM PST

Source.

Again, I omitted a couple of question I thought were irrelevant to the English-speaking community. Nontheless, it's quite a long one.

WARNING: WALL OF TEXT


A couple of days ago you posted photos from VP's bootcamp, and now you play for Na'Vi. What happened?

Nothing special. We returned from Malaysia (ESL Genting) and I had an opportunity to go home for a bit, but since I live quite a long way from our bootcamp, I decided to stay with the guys. There were three of us (me, Ramzes and No[o]ne), and nothing seemed out of order. One evening our GM turned up and they announced that they don't want to play with me anymore and I'm kicked.

Out of the blue, like that? No warning signs or anything?

Not at all. Maybe there were, but not to my knowledge.

Who initiated this conversation?

Ramzes and No[o]ne, probably. Regardless of how I played, they thought RodjER was better in every way.

EternalEnvy once famously said that everyone deserves a second chance. Did they give you one, or just cut the cord entirely?

No one ever said anything to me personally. And I'm a bit bitter about that. But I know where I fucked up and where to grow. I'll do it on a different team, though.

What do you thing about your recent performances? Is it really a slump, or some other factors played into it?

Dota is a team game. You win and lose together. As No[o]ne said on Twitter, team atmosphere is important. If it's tense and you feel pressure within the team for no objective reason, you won't succeed. Even if you know you perform well, I still felt that the team blamed me for everything. Thought it's understandable that a regular viewer might just feel my level of play dropped.

In any case, it all depends on relationships between players. If the team trusts your every word and action, and you know that, you'll shine. And if there's tension in the room, skills won't connect and BKBs won't be pressed in time. The human factor is enormous in Dota.

Your VP chapter is over for now. What were your best memories from that era?

I won't name specific moments. It wasn't in-game; it was about how we gelled as as team. It was genuinely refreshing. I felt like I've been reborn. It wasn't a typical team of nerds that come to New York and sit in their hotel rooms watching anime instead of, you know, going for a walk. I've finally seen the world of Dota from the other side.

If strictly speaking about in-game results, then the ESL Hamburg win and, of course, the Kiev Major finals were really cool.

Objectively speaking, did the trade benefit VP?

Maybe in the short term, yes. A lot of top teams are kinda slumping right now, so that could help. And regardless of their human qualities, they're still insane Dota players, so they might win something just off of that.

Was Na'Vi the only option to fall back on or did you consider something else?

When I was kicked, I evaluated my options. Considering that I was out of the team 5 days before the transfer window closed - again - I didn't have a lot of options. Most top teams have already locked in their rosters. I would've liked to go to an EU team, and even wrote to OG and Liquid asking if they had a slot available, but, understandably, they didn't want to mess with what's working.

Na'Vi were the only good option for me, though that wasn't the only reason I joined. My comments on the Na'Vi website are true: I really wanted to play under the Na'Vi tag for a long time. At every LAN I saw the organization and how it deals with its players. For a lot of people Na'Vi are the gold standard of esports, organization-wise.

Obviously, when big sponsors started coming in, ESForce and such, VP caught up with Na'Vi, and probably even surpassed them due to results. But Na'Vi were always there.

I'm kind of happy it turned out this way. For me, the most important thing in life, Dota included, is so that people believe in me, even when I don't believe in myself. And I felt that trust from the few games we already played together. I genuinely think it's going to work out fine.

The Na'Vi site was awash with comments like "I rooted for the team since 2011 and now I won't cause Lil is there". Any comments?

These are 12-year-old kids that saw something on Twitter and repeat that, since they don't have their own opinion. I've always ignored them.

Now people are claiming that you and RodjER are very similar in terms of playstyle. Is it true, in your opinion? How VP and Na'Vi are going to adjust to new players?

I personally don't thing RodjER is a tier-1 support, at least not at the level of JerAx, GH or YapzOr. These guys can legitimately make magic happen, it's amazing to see. RodjER is a decent player, but without this "wow!" factor.

For Na'Vi, I consider myself a versatile player. In my opinion, Dota has a support position and 4 roles within that position: 4, 4.5, 5 and 5.5. They differ in terms of how much networth you have, what exactly you do on the map etc. I believe I can play all of them: I can roam, I can lane, I can ward, I can be greedy, even to the point of being a de-facto core hero. I have the hero pool for that, too.

I don't think there's a player in the world who's as versatile as me. JerAx is a roamer with a pool of 3 heroes: Earth Spirit and the other two rotate depending on the meta. GH also has three heroes, though maybe now it's four: Earth Spirit, Earthshaker, KotL and Io. YapzOr has Rubick, Earth Spirit and something else. They can play 3-4 heroes and locked into one playstyle.

Maybe it sounded pretentious, but I don't care. People see me play all these roles all the time, though no one will ever admit it.

I think that's important. The way Dota works is that the more you do on the map, the better your chances of winning are. I know a lot of players (and was like that myself) that start to tilt the moment they go out of their comfort zone. Until a certain point in my development as a player I just couldn't bear having a low networth. What do you mean wards? I need boots and a blink by minute 10! And I was very uncomfortable with having to play these sacrificial roles. Now I can do everything my team asks me to.

submitted by /u/Vitosi4ek
[link] [comments]

VP General Manager threatened Lil with monetary penalty for speaking bad about his former teammates

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 08:37 AM PST

Source

Translation:

Roman Dvoryankin: In 15 minutes there will be a big interview with @LilJke at @champ_cyber from which we'll learn many interesting things. I personally will learn how much money will Ilya lose if he decides that hype is more important for him than the money he have earned while playing Dota or relationships with his former teammates.


There's a relevant to this situation dialogue between Roman Dvoryankin and Andrey "xeozor" Yatsenko: link

Translation:

Andrey Yatsenko: Wait a minute, I overslept and missed everything. Did @LilJke said on his stream that Rodjer is not good, and @dvoryrom took offence? But wasn't Roman himself so proud that Lil is such a straight-shooter in the social media, when he acted like this in VP? Where's the logic and what's the deal?

Roman Dvoryankin: I was surprised and upset that Lil, while still formally being a VP player, made such unflattering comments about his teammates. There's quite a significant fee for such actions in his contract.

Andrey Yatsenko: But he was speaking in exactly the same way about players from other teams while being in VP?

Roman Dvoryankin: We stand up for our players. When Lil is our player - we stand up for him. When Lil attacks our players - we strike back.

Andrey Yatsenko: Thank you for your comments, I have no further questions. P.S. seriously, I'm not being sarcastic.

submitted by /u/Suobig
[link] [comments]

Big interview with LiL

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 07:21 AM PST

This new patch is AMAZING. THANK YOU Icefrog!

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 04:33 AM PST

I know there's lots of threads like this already but I'm just so enamored with this patch I couldn't help making another one. Let's recap:

  • 6 month AUTOBAN for really toxic players with no warning as soon as the patch hit.
  • The worst players are now banned half a year and matchmaking quality greatly improves.
  • Everyone is so much nicer and trying to get commends instead of reports.
  • Every game actually has two supports and proper lineups.

I've played over 20 matches since the patch. I got only one griefer who ended up being reported by 4 people after the game and got low priority instantly. Even if people are toxic by nature they're too scared to show their true colors and risk a 6 month ban.

submitted by /u/MrCHAJPER
[link] [comments]

How valve agreed to implement 6 month bans (a scene from The Dark Knight)

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 06:39 AM PST

Na'Vi fans right now

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 06:21 AM PST

It's-a-Me-rana!

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 03:11 PM PST

This is what Valve helped me to achieve, and you Reddit guys as well!

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 04:21 AM PST

A big interview with Lil

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 07:48 AM PST

It was posted just minutes ago.

https://www.championat.com/cybersport/article-3333671-intervju-s-ilej-lil-iljukom.html?utm_source=champcybertw&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=-eksklyuziv-bolshoe-intervyu-c-@liljk

Some main points from it:

  • Lil says he didn't know it was coming: VP had returned from Malaysia, he went to bootcamp with team, once he was sitting with Noone and Ramzes when manager came and told him that he is kicked;

  • there were no signs of it coming in his opinion;

  • he thinks that Noone and Ramzes just thought that Rodjer was better than him in every aspect;

  • he thinks that it will be harder for VP now to overcome losses because he was always a "shield" protecting other teammates;

  • he states that he has reached OG, Liquid and other "european teams" to offer himself, but they just "wished me good luck" because they are already full;

  • he thinks that Na'Vi is a very friendly team and he doesn't understand the reason for people hate them so much;

  • he says that Rodjer is not a tier-1 support and he is mediocre;

  • he almost directly says that he is more versatile than Jerax, GH, or Yapzor who have only 3-4 heroes in their pools;

  • he says he will continue to roast people in Twitter, but now he will roast VP for their mistakes;

edit: thanks Yana Medvedeva @ladyfrika (sorry, I don't know your reddit name) for this big great interview, maybe she will translate it later.

submitted by /u/gatterius
[link] [comments]

Experienced player gives helpful advice to someone who just started.

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 06:47 AM PST

One of my friends, who doesn't play Dota, described Tidehunter as a "Watermelon with teeth", this was the end result of that conversation

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 04:34 PM PST

singSing discovered a new feature

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 11:46 AM PST

Day9 explains Artifact a little bit more without breaking NDA [X-POST /r/artifact]

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 03:17 AM PST

Davai by NaVi.Lil

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 04:37 AM PST

This trophy is only achievable with the old source 1 client. Why not update it with the new last hit trainer?

Posted: 03 Feb 2018 09:11 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.