RimWorld Typical Tuesday Suggestion Thread -- January 02, 2018


Typical Tuesday Suggestion Thread -- January 02, 2018

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 12:12 AM PST

Please use this thread as a week-to-week suggestions box for Tynan, the /r/RimWorld mods, and game modders. Post whatever you feel would improve your RimWorld experience, but keep it civil! Before you post, please take a glance at the release notes and see if what you're suggesting has already been implemented. I am a bot, so I can't make jokes. If you'd like a Typical Tuesday joke, or if there are any problems with this post, please message the moderators of the subreddit.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

That really is a huge explosion. Wow.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 03:25 AM PST

Never posted a full colony so here it's, Quickcrushers, my 6 years old colony. Cassandra Classic - Rough.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:54 PM PST

Things to Work On (RimWorld Comics)

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 10:38 PM PST

When you spend New Years with the in-laws

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 03:44 AM PST

Recently got the game, after many restarts from starving or infection or even raiding, this makes me feel good. Learn from mistakes

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 05:39 PM PST

This is the most wholesome playthrough of Rimworld I've ever had

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 12:05 PM PST

Power armour sketch

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:11 AM PST

The worst wild boar

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 09:07 PM PST

At the centre of every disaster my colony has befallen so far, there is this one awful boar called Spodge.

It started with the food crisis of the first winter. I came close to starvation, because for whatever reason that dumb pig would ignore the kibble and go for my meal storage. I never saw any of the other ones do it.

Cut to the spring of the second year, where, despite restricting all the animals to deep inside my mountain base, the prick wandered through the bypass door of my killbox, letting a dozen Deep Ones (Call of Cthuhlu monsters) into my base when it fell down and held the door open with its fat ass.

It definitely didn't learn its lesson, because it hung out in the killbox in a Warbourne (Medieval Times melee only faction) raid, and proceeded to soak up no less than a dozen shots for the raiders, allowing them to beach my defences.

And most recently, after I cleared out an ancient danger, he immediately ate the luciferium before I could forbid it in my stockpile.

The bastard has a bond with my best colonist, otherwise he'd be sausages, so instead he's going into one of the ancient cryptosleep caskets forever.

Good riddance.

submitted by /u/Brunners88
[link] [comments]

Have not played in 8+ months. Want to do a clean install to remove current mods. What's new, and what mods would you all recommend?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 10:29 PM PST

Title says it all.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/StrangerFeelings
[link] [comments]

Hmm

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 01:30 AM PST

A prisoner I want to release has a shattered spine. Wtd?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:58 PM PST

In my recent raid a guy got crushed by a deadfall trap, but survived. I want to get goodwill with this tribe that raided me, so I tried releasing him. Unfortunately I can't because he can't walk. I dont want to spend a large amount of time and money in fixing him, but I also don't want to execute/steal his organs, because that will make the tribe hate me more. What can I do?

Edit: Ended up trashing the whole releasing idea and just stole his lungs too cure my asthmatic.

submitted by /u/Kogman555
[link] [comments]

!FUN! times in the early game

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:36 PM PST

So, it's Day Two of my new colony's time here on the planet. We got one of those events where I could take in a refugee (and this guy ended up being pretty good) and fight off an enemy raid. I figured, hey, it's only day 2, so it's not like the pirates are sending their best and brightest...right?

Right. They only sent one guy who was only wearing pants and his only weapon was a heavily damaged, shit-quality pistol. I send my best shooter into cover with the bolt-action rifle to prepare for the incoming pirate.

Now, this pirate has an aforementioned shit-quality pistol and no armor to speak of. He has level 6 shooting and no passion. He also has no cover to utilize when he makes his attack to our colony.

My marksman, named Bob, has 7 shooting, with passion, and a bolt-action rifle. He is behind cover and using aimed shots.

Bob fires three aimed shots at the pirate and misses every time. The pirate gets close, fires a single shot from his shit-quality pistol, and blows Bob's brains out, one-shotting the colonist who had every possible advantage over him with ease.

TL:DR; aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

submitted by /u/notsomeguynamederic
[link] [comments]

Is it OK to place coolers side by side in a room?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:15 PM PST

I believe I understand how coolers work in general as far as room size and ability to cool an area. However if I had a hypothetical 100x100 room and wanted to cool it to a certain degree, is it ok to put all the coolers on a single wall and next to each other, or would it actually be more beneficial to space them out on different walls etc.

Edit: Thank you all very much for the fast and helpful responses.

submitted by /u/Chat_Lethal
[link] [comments]

Cozy Housing Setup

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 12:42 AM PST

Friendly Faction Sends Unwanted Help Against Manhunter Pack. Leaves Hostile.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:52 PM PST

First game of 2018 - Colonist starts the game dead with head 'gone'.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:22 AM PST

fuck

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:20 AM PST

My experience so far with hospitality

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:49 AM PST

Intelligent Design

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 01:02 PM PST

That moment when a full moon hits and you realise you have a werewolf in your colony.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 01:27 PM PST

When was the last time they saw...

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 02:06 AM PST

...a wild prey animal end up killing its predator? I swear, it used to happen with surprising frequency before B18, where you could sometimes find a dead wolf or fox who picked on the wrong tortoise. Now the tortoises, and, for that matter ANY wild animal, regardless of size, will ALWAYS try to run away when attacked. I know it's probably more realistic, but come on.

submitted by /u/colBoh
[link] [comments]

Game Crashes on Loading or Creating New Colony

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 02:04 AM PST

I bought the game a few days ago and have been enjoying it a lot. I've always been a fan of base-building and management games, and Rimworld has enough variance to it that playthroughs probably don't get stale as fast as in some other games.

However, I've started experiencing a problem when trying to load or start a game. When trying to generate the local map, the game crashes, showing an error message stating: "Coudn't switch to requested monitor resolution Switching to resolution 1600x900 failed, trying lower one Switching to resolution 1600x900 failed, trying lower one All resolution switches have failed Screen: could not switch resolution (1600x900 fs=1 hz=0)"

I am running the game on a fairly old laptop, with Intel i5 something or other cpu, and AMD 8700 series GPU. I have made sure that I have the latest drivers, and I have been trying various compatibility modes and other fixes that worked for people experiencing the problem in other games. Nothing works, but rather every 1/10 times I try it just works for no apparent reason. I have also tried reinstalling and verifying the game cache on steam, so I've basically used every idea I could think of.

Anyone have any idea what to do to try and fix this?

submitted by /u/AmnesiaMark
[link] [comments]

Sooooo.... Any Ideas?

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 02:03 AM PST

Im really into terraria and stardew valley but i couldnt get into prison architect. Would I like rimworld?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:42 AM PST

Just based on liking/not liking those 3 games?

submitted by /u/TK503
[link] [comments]

I feel strange.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 05:55 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.