Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs


DEAR NIANTIC - ideas and suggestions for the devs

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:36 AM PST

Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

If you want to complain about the game in a less constructive way please do so in the Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints thread.

Here you will find ideas and suggestions - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

You can not trade a pokemon with your friend, or battle your friend in an AR pokemon game... and its 2018.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:33 AM PST

I've read thoughts along the lines of, the community has asked for other features. Come on though, however many millions of people who tried this game when it debuted wanted 3 fucking things only. Collect em all Trade em all Battle em all

We didn't ever stut-ut-ut-ter on that one. That's core to Pokemon. That's litterally all the shows we're about.

submitted by /u/godweasle
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Why does everyone want trading?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 01:05 PM PST

Is it because they want to obtain rare Pokemon even more easily? Is it because they spoof?

One of the most heard arguments out there is 'that the main games had trading'. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but has Pokemon GO ever been the same as the original games?

Trading would kill the game as it currently is. It will give spoofers even more power.

submitted by /u/denmetagross
[link] [comments]

Anyone else feeling drained of pokeballs from the event?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:01 PM PST

It hasn't been discussed too much but a lot of additional spawn points have been added for this event. I have two spawns on my home now and I live in a suburban area where I don't get to a Pokestop everyday, especially in the cold weather, so I'm almost out of all three ball types (the crazy starter spawns don't help, I have less ultra balls now than I've probably had for a year). Anyone else wish this came with buffed item drops again, or a sale on pokeballs?

submitted by /u/ultron32
[link] [comments]

[Art] "Kid... hold on, and don't let go..."

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:40 PM PST

What if Niantic allowed us to participate in raids again but with no reward?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 12:56 PM PST

My idea is simple. After you finish a raid, you are able to join in another group, but with no rewards for winning.

This way people who cannot wait at raids can battle with the current group and leave, allowing the people who want to wait to battle and help their friends.

There is a HUGE problem right now with this situation. I am an Administrator of a pokemon go community discord with 1000+ members and see it frequently.

There are complaints on the subject about how people dont bother waiting anymore for others since its cold out or they dont have time. This makes the others who want to wait in a troublesome situation. They have to make the decision to either go ahead and start the raid and make the people they are waiting on angry or wait and make the people already there angry.

Do you see the problem here?

Niantic if you see this post I would appreciate it if you fix this issue.

submitted by /u/AtakuHydra
[link] [comments]

Spoofers are Ruining Communities

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:38 PM PST

...and it seems like Niantic can't even be bothered to read the reports, how is this okay?

Short backstory: I have played Pokemon Go since day 1, and was amazed to find an active community of human beings I would have never otherwise communicated with in my area. Some of these acquaintances have grown into friendships, it's one of the best unintended side effects of this game. Spoofers threaten that community bonding experience. In our area of southern MA, "Miltarob" and "BlueGymJacka" are the same person, who we know for a fact primarily plays the game via spoofing. He takes everyone's gyms relentlessly, denying us coins and gym experience. We have reported his accounts hundreds of times. After he dropped the Relicanth when it had been out for 3 days we wrote to Niantic to ask him how his weekend in New Zealand was.

Beyond our local area, there are dozens or hundreds of other communities plagued by these cheaters. In the past month alone the PokemonGo subreddit has had 20+ threads devoted to different offenses of people spoofing. If Niantic ever wants its game to have any sort of credibility, they need to step up and increase their monitoring of these reports. As a programmer, I'd happily dedicate some of my spare time free of charge to help write utility's/logic for detecting extraneous account behavior. We figured if they are going to continue to ignore our in game reports, and so many countless others, we should at the very least try to create a reddit thread to encourage a reaction.

tl;dr Really Niantic, how and when do you plan on dealing with spoofers? They are driving away your customers.

submitted by /u/dumathane
[link] [comments]

First catch of the year. Seems appropriate �� [AR Shot]

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 11:50 AM PST

[Meta] [Humor] This sub

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 09:58 PM PST

Item to Boost Walking Distance

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 05:37 PM PST

Accidentally posted this to TSR sub instead of here. Would appreciate some community support or feedback.

So I feel like we got the Star Piece item as a result of the community's interest/demand for it. But thats important for powering up Pokemon. Niantic's premise for the game has always been, "Get up and GO!" However, for many of us in winter, that desire has been greatly decreased unless you have a convenient indoor location to get good catches/stops/mileage. Having an item that would multiply achieved distance by 2x or even 1.5x would be of far more regular use than Star Pieces or Lucky Eggs.

I can't speak for everyone but it seems the community generally prefers the following:

-Lucky Eggs for at least 2 Legendary Raids or Mass Evolutions.

-Star Pieces for hatching eggs and Lure-a-thons.

-Incense for catching 5 or 6 extra pokes, more if you move at non-social speeds.

-Lures for multiple overlapping stops, extended duration luring, or "I'm stuck at a place for at least 30 minutes so I may as well".

There seems to be a niche for "I'm taking a stroll around the neighborhood with the kids and I just want some extra mileage" item. Maybe "Running Shoes" could serve as a canon item for this?

submitted by /u/Gauwin
[link] [comments]

How do you guys feel about the staggered release of Gen 3?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:36 PM PST

Personally, I wish they gave dates on when a certain batch is coming out. I like that people aren't completing the dex right away. I hope if they made a fourth batch; it would be the third stage evolutions and wailord in the wild since that would be fun.

submitted by /u/DefiniteSauce12
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] New "I am safe" button for hazardous weather

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 10:05 PM PST

[Discussion] When logging in to the game today I was greeted by the Hazardous Conditions box and figured I wouldn't get any weather spawns until I saw this new button on the bottom. Clicking it brought me the second screenshot with a weather indicator with the warning. Any one else? http://imgur.com/a/PchkP

submitted by /u/cowtouchesspace
[link] [comments]

How do you feel about the current raid rewards? Poll in post.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:10 AM PST

Figure it'd be fun to start off the new year with a discussion on if you feel current rewards for raiding are good enough to justify taking time out of your schedule to find something to solo or to join a group and catch them Legendaries.

Straw poll below. http://www.strawpoll.me/14740874

For me, I feel rewards are pretty adequate. The 500 guaranteed Stardust is pretty nice, especially during 2x events. The Guaranteed Golden berries helps a lot to lessen getting RNGed, plus makes doing low level raids feel less of a waste of pass. Most of all, the increased TM drop rate makes it so I can change moves again. I'm still wishing they combined the potion and revive drop pool into 1, but seeing Niantic nerfed the potion/revive drop rate from stops, I can't help but feel it was on purpose to justify raids now being the main source of potions and revives. It'd be nice if Rare Candies could have a higher drop rate, but then again they're supposed to be rare, not Common Candies.

submitted by /u/PootisSpencerHere
[link] [comments]

Is your oldest Pokemon one of your top 10 CP/IV? For fun I sorted by recent and scrolled to the bottom. What your oldest?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:42 AM PST

Hey there and Happy New Year. I'm a level 38.8 Instinct player and for fun I wanted to see what my oldest mon was. My oldest mon is a Dragonite that I caught (as a Dratini) on 7/22/2016 and his CP is 3218, IV 91. What is your oldest? Anyone out there earlier than July 22, 2016?

submitted by /u/snakeman2016
[link] [comments]

[Question] - Quick question... I have some legacy moveset Gyarados and I'm not sure whether to update them.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 09:23 AM PST

I know sometimes legacy movesets are better/fill a niche but I don't know if Gyarados is worth keeping in their dragon-type-using niche or if I should just bring some/all of the powered up ones to double water status. Any opinions?

submitted by /u/clawsandtalons
[link] [comments]

This game has stopped being fun anymore

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 09:50 PM PST

Catch a pokemon? Ok if you used the wrong ball like a pokeball on a 600 cp spheal it flees instantly, no question, no fail. If you pinap a pokemon say a 300 cp slakoth, you have to use an ultra ball or otherwise it's the same.

See a rare pokemon and use a gold razz plus ultra? Have fun because it will flee instantly, again no questions asked.

One out of 3 pokemon will flee without fail and it does nothing but irritating me. Even if they don't flee they attack or jump as soon as the ball comes into contact and pokestops give nothing but useless pokeballs.

How am i supposed to enjoy the game anymore.

submitted by /u/Mrexreturns
[link] [comments]

IV's and highest cp pokèmon

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 05:18 PM PST

I'm nearly level 22, and my highest cp pokèmon are 1400-1800, however I calculated some of their IV's and some of them have 40-55% IV ratings. Is it worth trying to level up better IV pokèmon and ditch my current top ones, or should I keep my current top ones?

submitted by /u/memesdotbiz
[link] [comments]

Shiny female 100%iv snorunt

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 05:15 PM PST

Sorting Pokémons by IVs/Appraisal/Levels

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:32 AM PST

So the game has been around for more than a year. And we're moving into gen3. With the existence of the PoGo Plus and randomly catching every single mon on the screen before moving on to our next (real life) activity - we might not always use the in-game appraisal.

And thus we head home with anywhere between 10 to 500 mons a day. Wondering if we should spend the next hour of our life appraising every single thing as we wish we got lucky with a random hundo - incensed, lured, or otherwise.

We can currently sort out our mons via 1) Recent 2) Favourite 3) Number 4) HP 5) Name 6) CP

Wouldn't it be fabulous if we could do a sort via Individual Values/Appraisal? Or even Pokémon levels?

This way we could simply sort it, decide what to keep and what to transfer.

I know similar ideas would likely to have been shared before. But I really hope something like this comes.

submitted by /u/justmeasures
[link] [comments]

Will 3rd gen starters be rarer again after the winter event has ended?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 05:03 PM PST

Hey folks, I'm a returning player and noticed that compared to 1 year ago, the starters of the current gen are much more frequent than back in my days. Is this due to the event or will it most likely stay even after it ended? Thank you.

submitted by /u/Domus99
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Santa hat Pichu

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:35 PM PST

Has anybody hatched a santa hat Pichu? I'm assuming they're hatchable with this event, but I haven't seen anybody post about it. I've already burned through 14 super incubators trying to hatch one, and I'm thinking about buying one last Ultra Box. But I'd like to hear from somebody who has actually hatched one before I drop another 1680 coins.

submitted by /u/upscumbag
[link] [comments]

High IV/ low CP or High CP/ low IV

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 04:56 AM PST

I feel like every high CP Pokémon I catch has the worst or very bad ivs. But I read somewhere that when you have a very high cp Pokémon the ivs are not that important, because compared to a high IV/low CP Pokémon it will still perform better. So should I evolve my high CP Pokémon which are nearly maxed out thanks to the weather boost or evolve the ones with the good ivs and wait forever to get the candies and stardust to power them up?

submitted by /u/lima72
[link] [comments]

Pokemon with huge power’s moves should have doubled damage

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:45 PM PST

pokemon such as medicham and azumarill should have moves with increased damage so their costs stays relatively low but their moves do much more damage

submitted by /u/Jexand
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.