Minecraft - Think you have to travel a long way for a woodland mansion? Here's how long it took to find my mooshroom island.


Think you have to travel a long way for a woodland mansion? Here's how long it took to find my mooshroom island.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 12:01 PM PST

Yesterday, Minecraft completed 621 in game years

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 05:56 AM PST

Minecraft was initially released in May 19, 2009 (Classic). As of January 1st 2018, it's been 4533840 minutes since.*

Each day in Minecraft takes 20 minutes to complete. Which means that since the first version of the game, if you had a world open until now, 226692 in game days have passed, which equals 621 years, and 27 days.

However, 27 in game days only take 8 hours to pass IRL. Which means that on 4 pm of December 31st 2017, Minecraft completed 621 in game years! So...

 

Happy 621!

 

Oh and by the way, the year 622 is in just 4 days, 16 hours and 40 minutes. Time does fly by fast.


* This assumes that the game was released on midnight and that the calculations were done at midnight.

submitted by /u/HenryFrenchFries
[link] [comments]

This village just got a new road!

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 03:32 PM PST

Volcanic Eruption

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 10:21 AM PST

From our community yours, to each of you, Happy New Year!

Posted: 31 Dec 2017 09:16 PM PST

I made an Overworld Map with a Vendor and MOB Legend for my RPG Game Map I've been Building over the past 5 years.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 12:34 PM PST

A Bug Which Causes Chunk Corruption is Back. please Upvote This Bug On The Bug Tracker.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 03:24 AM PST

Update on my White House build!

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 12:14 PM PST

[Discussion] 1.14 would this be the best time to start adding audio loops?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 03:01 PM PST

Long ago when they talked about the oceans and things being added, there use to be sounds we could find in resource pack and game files that were unused things like wolves howling at a full moon, and ocean tides and ocean seagals and an under water ocean ambience sounds.

Wouldn't this be the best time to add these back into the game on top of other sounds they already planned?

Just makes sense doesn't it? Or is it to late?

submitted by /u/CraftTV
[link] [comments]

My modding team has been doing some biome reworks in our mod, The Betweenlands. What do you guys think?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 04:07 PM PST

Well. Thats a first time I've found a fortess like this. Sorry for tv glare.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 05:25 PM PST

I have traveled more than 1 million blocks by minecart

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 01:34 PM PST

Woke up this morning to my world being Bugged. (PC. Java Edition. 1.12.2)

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 04:36 AM PST

Why isn’t this working? I have a villager under too.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 03:29 PM PST

Today I Learned baby husks can ride other creatures too. Not just baby zombies.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 10:48 AM PST

Countdown fireworks made by my friend. Happy New Year :)

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:09 AM PST

Please help! A skeleton horse spawned in my survival and i cant put a saddle on it?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 04:49 PM PST

In me and my girlfriend's game a skeleton horse spawned and when I got close four more Horseman spawned we killed all the skeletons. (and two horses by mistake) i put the horses on leads and can direct them and ride them in the direction i want... but cant saddle them or open their inventory? Its not trying to buck me at all either to tame. More importantly the massive amount of hearts i read up on arent there either. Thanks

submitted by /u/BladePhoenix
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] What is your mining technique?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:09 PM PST

Hopefully this doesn't spark off any heated debates. Just a discussion to share little tips and tricks with fellow miners. Here's how I mine:

It's essentially the branch technique, except I dig 2x2 branches instead of 1x2 (diagram below for those unfamiliar). It takes longer to mine each branch, but you're also mining half the number of branches. If you're running back to the main branch before starting each new side branch, this saves a not insignificant amount of time.

I dig the main branch lines standing on the 10th block up from bedrock. I know this is a hotly debated topic, but that's what works for me.

I also place two torches on the ground at the entrance to each branch line. Before I did this, I would sometimes run right across the main branch and halfway down a side branch I already mined before realizing I was heading away from my work area.

Mining this way at this level opens up access to a lot of caves, and I cherry pick them as fast as I can. It's not uncommon for me to come back with a stack of iron, a stack of lapis, a half stack of gold, and a handful of diamonds in the time it would take to dig out one branch line.

Lastly, I commit the cardinal sin of mining; getting all the redstone I come across. This is just personal preference and I do it mainly for the experience. I do a lot of enchanting and this speeds up the process. If you're after just ore, it would probably be best to skip this.

Here's a top down of my mine shaft:

x = Main branch X = Side branch O = Not mined B = Work camp

XXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOOOOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXX
XXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOOOOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXX
XXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOOOOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXX
XXOOXXOOXXOOXXBBBBBBBXXOOXXOOXXOOXX
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBBBBBBBxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBBBBBBBxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XXOOXXOOXXOOXXBBBBBBBXXOOXXOOXXOOXX
XXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOOOOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXX
XXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOOOOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXX
XXOOXXOOXXOOXXOOOOOOXXOOXXOOXXOOXX

So that's how I do it. What improvements could be made, or how do you dig up all that tasty ore?

submitted by /u/PM_UR_FactorioLayout
[link] [comments]

Are there any other mods like MCEdit?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 04:32 PM PST

Hey, I got minecraft back in 2012 but stopped playing a few years ago. I'm back home on college break and I want to build some things in creative but I noticed that MCEdit hasn't been update in about a year. Are there any other mods like MCEdit out there right now?

submitted by /u/NattyLightNattyLife
[link] [comments]

HELP > Is it possible to make lava spread infinitetly (plugin or commandblock)

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 04:16 PM PST

some servers use this feature, like EscapeRestart on their Lava survival. is there anyway i can get a plugin or a commandblock that can provide this feature?

submitted by /u/LimitedHDlew
[link] [comments]

I was messing around with teleportation on MCPE at i tp'd to x29999999 y100 z29999999 and apart from a huge stuttering in the chunks and being unable to move. Appearntly transparent blocks Shrink the farther u are from the center or your spawn. Any explanations?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 03:47 PM PST

Is the current version of Minecraft on Mojang’s website that is compatible with Windows Seven?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 04:51 PM PST

I have Windows Seven in my Laptop, and I don't want to purchase the game if it won't work on my Operating System.

It says you are purchasing the Java Edition that includes the Windows 10 version. Will this work on my System?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Takamisen
[link] [comments]

Minecart Turning?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:51 PM PST

I'm trying to record a video of a PC minecart track I made, but I don't want to use my mouse to turn the screen because my mouse isn't the best and it will randomly turn in different directions. Is there something I can do to make the minecart turn the screen for me, like on console versions?

submitted by /u/ProfessorMalasada
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.