Just got the game. I’m absolutely loving it, but holy shit I have no idea what I’m doing. 7 Days To Die


Just got the game. I’m absolutely loving it, but holy shit I have no idea what I’m doing.

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 07:55 PM PST

Just cleared out a Pawn shop (getting wrecked by Ferals in the process) and was so excited about having a place to stash all the loot I had found. Put it on a box on the shelf and throw an armored door up behind me to go look for food. Come back to a missing door and the loot box destroyed. No idea how anyone manages to get started.

Edit: and there's fucking snakes?!

submitted by /u/Back_To_The_Oilfield
[link] [comments]

Lockpicks, a question about modding.

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 05:07 PM PST

I have found this mod link https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?41282-Lockpick-Mod

For a lockpick mod.

I tried adding Alpha 16 in my search and still was directed to this.

The information in the file says it's for 14.5 or so.

Now, I'm not a "super hacker" but I understand enough about how to properly add an item and a recipe to the game files (but not necessarily build one from scratch).

I am wondering if anyone knows of an easily addable lockpick mod for the current Alpha or would be willing to help me understand how to edit this mods information in instead of trying to use it's outdated "auto injector"

If it were just a matter of adding an item and recipe I'd be golden, but looking at the files it seems there would be a lot of changes to door behavior and this mod seems to add a skill related to lockpicking.

Also if this question would be better suited elsewhere please don't just delete it, just tell me where to go and I will. (I find the auto/manual "deleted ur postz suck get gud go elzwhere nub" things that happen sometimes rather frustrating).

submitted by /u/WolfeBane84
[link] [comments]

ALPHA 17

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 11:25 PM PST

when will alpha 17 be out for pc? also when will ps4/XB1 get electricity and turrets? and will cross platform be a thing in the near future? LOVE THE GAME. bought copies for my family and they love it

submitted by /u/killerzor63
[link] [comments]

Ravenhearst wiki?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 10:44 PM PST

I was curious if anyone has any wiki type info for ravenhearst mod. With all of the crafting changes it is decently difficult to get started in knowing what items I am picking up are worthwhile or not. I end up with a full inventory and no clear indication of what I should be keeping vs scrapping vs dropping. I have read through the mod posting on the official forums but it is extremely lacking. I end up just restarting over and over again due to feeling overwhelmed.

submitted by /u/dLo187
[link] [comments]

Respawning special zeds at pharma skyscraper

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 10:40 PM PST

Does anyone get infinite respawning of the special zeds in the pharma skyscraper, too? I'm talking especially about this one room, far up, where feral zeds are sleeping on some benches. I get infinite radiated cop spawns, really annoying since I'm not even mid-game and every single one is freakin hard to kill.

submitted by /u/HempelsFusel
[link] [comments]

Strange textures

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 11:34 AM PST

I just recently picked up the game and am still figuring things. Recently, I had begun to do some digging not far from my base. When I returned to continue my dig, I could not find my hole. It was like it had never existed. That was until I ran straight into it and almost broke my leg. Ever since I have noticed that holes I have dug seem to get covered over with the grass textures. Is this a common thing? Or is there something on my end that I need to fix?

submitted by /u/axe_dash
[link] [comments]

How to teleport friend to me?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 09:31 PM PST

I can't seem to find a command that works for this. Me and my friend made a game and I want to teleport him to me

submitted by /u/AyyyyyLAmAO
[link] [comments]

Insane hidden loot stash. (Location)

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 09:28 PM PST

There is an insane loot spot. The best I've ever found. Go down through the roof of a pawn shop above the area to the left after you would walk in the front door. Or go up through the ceiling. Guaranteed insane loot. No one I've talked to knows this exists.

submitted by /u/NatesNewLife
[link] [comments]

I haven’t played this game in a year and a half has the game been fix or drastically improved? (PS4)

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 01:45 PM PST

Drowning when not in water? WTF

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 01:18 PM PST

I as digging a hole in my garden and was under some water. started drowning. No big deal. I climb out of the hole and still am drowning. So I log off and log back on a few hours later. Drowning, I run far away and use a few health kits.. still drowning and die. WTF.. I had 0 deaths, I like to play with only one life. Very frustrating

submitted by /u/snowdogJJJ
[link] [comments]

Changed my singleplayer map to multiplayer, can't change it back.

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 04:37 AM PST

I took the steps in this video (skip to 4:00 for the process) to change my singleplayer map to multiplayer so my buddy could play. Now I want to change it back to singleplayer so I can pause again but doing the steps in reverse does nothing. This is driving me nuts, if anybody has any ideas I'm all ears.

EDIT: Just got home, gave the video u/jerwa posted a watch. I made a backup and started the same map I was on in sp, transferred "Region","HubCellData", and "Player" from my backup to the new save and it worked! I'm single player again! Thank you very much everybody that commented, now I can have smoke breaks with impunity!

submitted by /u/Snatchamo
[link] [comments]

Sudden & unexpected crashing on linux. Anyone else?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 10:10 AM PST

Every now and then I'm getting crashes when playing on linux debian. After it crashes, the task manager still has the 7daystodie process running, which has to be killed manually.

This happening to anyone else?

submitted by /u/Drach88
[link] [comments]

Anybody know how to fix xb1 random crashing?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 11:12 AM PST

Just downloaded 7days (xb1) and was just curious anything I should know being new?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 06:30 AM PST

I got this game so that my girlfriend and I could play split screen together. It's downloading at home while I'm at work. I'm just curious if there is anything I should know so that we don't get destroyed right away. Or that we aren't missing any main thing to help us survive. Haven't played it yet so even the most obvious things might help. Thank you

Edit: By the way thank you so much for all of this information. It looks look you are a great community and I hope I can make my girlfriend love thing game. My biggest thing is I have been trying to find a game to play with my girlfriend and have her be apart of gaming. She liked pubg but kinda bad but wanted to play with me so I wanted to find the closest to that that we can coop and this looked like the best option if not it seems right up my ally I loved rust and this seems pretty damn close but add in zombies lol that's all thanks again everyone.

submitted by /u/El-Negro93
[link] [comments]

Xbox horde night question

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 12:01 AM PST

I'm on day 68 on a survival multiplayer game save. I'm still experiencing the same normal zombies every horde night, when will new zombies spawn each horde night for example like a cop.

submitted by /u/Westyboihd
[link] [comments]

Skyscrapers ...where are they .. someone show me on a map of Nav??

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 09:23 AM PST

LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 08:49 AM PST

Does it works the same as the BlockDurabilityModifier property for players (me and my allies) ?

Because when i would raise the BlockDurabilityModifier percentage, it actually takes longer to chop wood and mine stone as well and giving you less wood/stone per swing. if i would put down this landclaimblock, would this also increase the mining/logging time for me?

submitted by /u/1869_Flame
[link] [comments]

Hi, is is possible to install Valmod on an existing game?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 08:04 AM PST

Our server is 30+ days in and wouldn't want to start over, but that mod looks really cool. Will it ruin our current game?

submitted by /u/KillerInYourCloset
[link] [comments]

This is my first attempt back in alpha 15.... i think its about time to do another series.. don't judge ;)

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 12:15 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.