RuneScape ProTip Tuesday - 12 December


ProTip Tuesday - 12 December

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 04:11 PM PST

ProTip Tuesday is a bi-weekly thread in which you can share your RuneScape tips and tricks.

Help out your fellow redditscapers with advice for bossing, skilling, money-making, or any other part of the game.

Past ProTip Tuesday threads

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Someone trying to say something?

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 08:31 PM PST

[Suggestion] Reaper Task Counter Improvement

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 04:40 AM PST

All we want for Christmas

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 04:26 AM PST

Jagex, you should do this for RS too: Overwatch will tell you in-game when your reports result in bans, starting Tuesday

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 03:38 PM PST

2 Years and 3 Months...

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 07:53 PM PST

Seriously though Jagex, can we get platinum tokens or any alternative set value currency?

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 12:06 AM PST

Rs3 needs this bad. We have loads more in game gold than osrs and osrs has this..

submitted by /u/GoAwayK
[link] [comments]

Guide on Efficient Use of Personal Slayer Dungeons (Level 99+ Slayer required)

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 04:07 PM PST

With the release of Menaphos, we saw the release of the Sunken Pyramid, the Slayer Codex, and the ability to build our very own Slayer Dungeons (that others can visit if we let them).

== Getting There ==

Talk to Portmaster Kags found at the southwestern dock in the Ports district of Menaphos and select the Sunken Pyramid among the travel options.

== Getting Started ==

There you'll meet the ghost Slayer Master Faiza. If you haven't completed Morytania Hard Tasks, then you'll need to bring/wear Ghostspeak Amulet.

Faiza will give you between 25-50 Ushabtis (think Pokeballs for your Pokedex Slayerdex) depending on your Slayer level 99-120. You can buy more from Slayer Masters at the cost of 20 Slayer points each.

The Slayer Codex currently has 149 monsters you can collect. It will become 151 monsters early next year with the release of Seekers and Soulgazers (the original 151).

Monsters with Slayer level 80 or less are really easy to collect their souls within 5-50 kills, so you don't need to be on a Slayer task for them (which doubles the soul chance). If you are level 120 Slayer, then the soul chance is already double (does not stack with being on-task).

Using captured souls to build your dungeon does count for completion in Slayer Codex, so only offer the soul to the Chest of Souls if you don't want/need that monster in your dungeon.

== Common/Efficient Uses ==

  • 1 Ripper Demon (avoid getting piled once lifepoints is low, easy to avoid special, place at 2nd or 4th circle spawn with 4 Hill Giants on the other spawns)

  • 1 Hydrix Dragon (great AFK Slayer XP, stand melee distance at spawn point and they'll never use special, place at 2nd or 4th circle spawn with 4 Hill Giants on the other spawns)

  • 1-2 Tormented Demons (convenient access, can avoid getting piled, quicker kills with 2)

  • 2 Kal'gerion Demons (they don't use their special attacks, great for Slayer XP and farming the title drops)

  • 2-5 Hill Giants (good for Champion's Challenge, added to large rooms so (AoE) attacks can restore 100 Prayer points via Demon Horn Necklace)

  • 5 Manifest Shadows (great AFK Slayer XP, use Aggression potion, great way to farm Elite Clues, best in small room)

  • 5 Muspahs (2 more than usual, faster spawns, best in small room)

  • 5 Crystal Shapeshifters (more dense and good for AoE, best in small room)

  • 5 Earth Warriors (good for Champion's Challenge, best in small room)

  • 5 Abyssal Demons (when Slayer Tower or Kuradal's Dungeon is absolutely packed, best in small room)

  • 5 Elf Warriors (All Elf souls become Lletya Elves, farming Crystal Teleport Seeds, good for Crystal/Faceted components, best in small room)

  • 5 Spiritual Mages (farming them for their valuable common drops and Warpriest pieces, best in small room)

== My Personal Setup ==

  • Small room: 5 Manifest Shadows

Great for AFK Slayer XP when using Aggression potion and Deflect Melee with Enhanced Devoted 3 perk. It beats the 3 spawns in the natural location, and the monsters in the Personal Slayer Dungeons (PSDs) respawn every 4 seconds (much quicker than natural).

  • Large room 1: Hydrix Dragon on the 2nd (or 4th) circle, 4 Hill Giants

The center circle is considered the 3rd circle (the rest is obvious). Great for AFK Slayer XP, just use Aggression potion and stand melee distance from the Hydrix Dragon while ranging them. The 4 Hill Giants are great when paired with Demon Horn Necklace and Bonecrusher, for prayer regeneration. Since the Hydrix was placed at the 2nd circle, all 4 Hills are pretty close by for AFK prayer regeneration.

  • Large room 2: Kal'gerion Demons 1st/2nd circle, Hill Giants 3rd/5th circle, Ripper Demon 4th circle

Kal'gerion demons do not use special attacks in PSD. Having 2 right next to each other ensures very quick kills. The Ripper Demon does not aggro even if you fall below 35% lifepoints in PSD and you also can't be piled by other Rippers if there's only 1. With 2 Hill Giants (3rd/5th circle placement), you'll have access to quick prayer regeneration close by.


Use "Slayer Dungs" friends chat to find other players' Personal Slayer Dungeons.

submitted by /u/KagsPortsV4
[link] [comments]

Can we get these options switched on WWM?

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 02:01 AM PST

Found this gem of an examine.

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 06:55 AM PST

As a skateboarder and snowboarder, I'm triggered.

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 09:05 PM PST

Game Update feedback - 11th December 2017

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 03:38 AM PST

Hey all,

To try and gather all of your comments/feedback on our update feel free to post away in here.

Also, if you're still having issues with something in-game also feel free to post away!

Using this as a chance to try and find what annoying issues you have in-game and then circulate it around the teams where necessary :)

submitted by /u/Shaunyowns
[link] [comments]

Throwback this

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 07:23 AM PST

Its been years and nobody in Varrock has cleaned up this trash, not even for the holidays.

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 11:53 AM PST

My First Experiences of RuneScape (2002)

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 06:48 AM PST

I started in playing in early 2002, back when the main-site had a game client for both members and f2p the website.

Updates were generally every 2 weeks, this was before Tutorial Island, at the time you could pick a starter class such as Adventurer and Warrior which marginally changed your starting gear and stats.

My friend who i played with from school introduced me, I thought he said "roomscape" so I went to his house to see the game, he had an ancient pc, the game took 30 minutes to load on dialup.

His PC was that bad too, he couldn't move from Lumbridge well (where you started). Every hour or so I'd walk back from killing goblins, I'd say "HI!" and he would reply (not moving), and I'd get on with my adventure. We went to the internet cafe every week to play too which had some really high level players.

The internet cafe was also rife with RWT and keyloggers, so you'd risk compromising your account by going there.

I remember LadyKilljoy patrolling the wilderness, she was above level 120 at the time and although she couldn't attack me (which I didn't know) I was very scared of her.

Being 11 years old my first issues were finding out how to light a fire, in classic you had to drop your log, then use the tinderbox with the log on the floor, it took me around an hours game time to figure this out.

When trying to figure out how to use RuneScape Classics game interface (how to open the general store) I tried everything, from trying to write out what the dialogue said on my screen, "I'd like to see your stock please" this took me at least a day to figure out.

NPCs could only be talked to once per person which was difficult when certing items and it also made banking difficult.

Some other nooby moments included the lack of an integrated world map, you had to load this separately and it was rarely updated.

Mid 2002 I introduced some friends of mine to the game, one of them brought every page of tip.it printed to study whilst in class, such as the fishing levels of fish, what you needed, where you'd go. I pretended I didn't know him that day.

I remember doing the Pirates Treasure quest, being 11 I thought I'd be rich and never have to worry about money again. I was lost at Rimmington Mine, I had to go back to a pub somewhere (Varrock) which I didn't know where this was, I was pleading players to help me find the treasure and I would split it with them, making them rich too (I was really disappointed when I found it was just some gems).

Another moment with quests in Classic was being a new player and going to the dark wizards circle, Nobody was attacking the demon (Delrith, he wasn't named in Classic on right click), I tried rallying players to attack him, we could do 3 rounds each, we could beat him. When I plucked up the courage after 20 minutes I realised, he was a quest NPC, FML.

It was around the time I pressured a guy into selling me his bronze large helmet, I needed to complete the set. I also convinced myself bronze was better than iron (because I couldn't afford iron).

Fast forward around 4 months my first run ins with rares firstly were trading my Rune Full helm (now a rune large) at the time for a Red Partyhat (I begged the guy at Ardougne which was newly released with the thieving skill) the whole of Ardougne was a really interesting new area. Likewise the release of the Agility in December 2002 had a thousand players all running laps at the Gnome Stronghold, another iconic moment for me, the Grand Tree quest felt a million miles away though.

To give you perspective on prices at the time, when I started a Rune 2 hander was the most sought after item in F2p, and this was 1 Million gold each (only players like Bluerose13x could make them), Members were lucky as the two dragon weapons in classing (battle axe and longsword were 200k each). R2Hs could be worth a few phat sets a piece. It also took me around a week to find someone with 80 crafting to be able to make me a dragonstone amulet (I believe it was Daverick who made this for me, LTAngel was far above any other crafter).

Rune Larges then were only dropped by greater demons, and to kill those you'd have to brave the wilderness, or kill them in Entrana dungeon.

I remember when The Dwarf Cannon quest came out, you had a thousand players trying to reach a one-spawn only resource (dwarf remains) for the quest, doing quests on release meant spam clicking one tile waiting for a drop, this was hugely frustrating.

I had another run-in with Partyhats (which being 11, I generally gave them away to help friends, in total I've owned around 4 sets and I have none left) but this was a moment the game would never forget.

I believe it was November 2002, the infamous Phat dupe, I logged in one morning to an American friend of mine telling me, someone had dropped hundreds of Partyhats in Varrock and noobs had got hold of them all. at this point Pink Partyhats were 13 Million gold, Sharks were around 1k each (I fished mainly).

I went to school that day, I told two of my friends who I played with, and we spoke about our plan of action when we got home, when I got home I traded a rune chainbody for a white partyhat. A runechain was around 300k. Jagex said they would be able to trace how hats were duped so I promptly sold my white, Jagex couldn't trace the duped items. At this point Jagex realized that players used a cheat client which packet-sniffed and changed the item id when trading, (basically trading something like oak logs and changing them to christmas crackers). The people in question also duped dragon square shields (the highest alch value at the time).

I also remember late 2003, I was fishing one day and a guy walks into the Fishing guild called Zezima, saying he just got 99 smithing (or very high 90s I don't remember the figure). I thought to myself "who the hell is this guy", at the time I knew The Old Nite, TKS was a legend for being at the top for so long even after quitting to play another MMO. The rest was history with Zezima though, his name always stood out.

Classic culminated in the last quest being released in Legends, I believe Mage Arena was the last real miniquest, and the only minigame in RSC was the Trawler (which is fitting with Deep Sea Fishing coming in 2018).

Jagex started pumping resources into RS2, updates were non existent at this point, players had the option of keeping their items in RSC or the default options of taking them to RS2.

There was a poll in RSC for bunny ears, should Jagex do a holiday event? we could have a "pancake day" or Jagex could focus on RS2, players voted and we got bunny ears (back then you had a system message (a black box) which said "SYSTEM MESSAGE: HAPPY EASTER!") and the floor was scattered with bunny ears. The shift to untradeable rares was that Jagex didn't want players complaining about "missing out".

I played with my sister at the time, after the first message I kicked her off the computer (literally) and got my own ears, we'd watch each other scape and she quit in 2006 but it was fun playing the game with siblings.

The RS2 beta only had a few areas to begin with, they were added as they were created, one but in the beta was if you used an item with a cooking range it would dupe it (quickly patched!).

My favourite moments in the game (post classic) have been: Dungeoneering in 2010, also in January 2005 me and my friend got a Dragon Chain drop (30M at the time).

We sold that and bought 2 Blue Partyhats (which I sold to fund her 99 fletching) again I sold rares stupidly and always have! but also a favourite moment of mine!

My fascination with Runescape didn't end, I continued from 2002-2012, I recently started playing again, with RSMobile coming I look forward to seeing the influx of new players as it happened with RS2 and miniclip. I just thought I'd share my experiences!

submitted by /u/TheGreenGuy11
[link] [comments]

New Runecrafting cape Trim Color idea. Sparked from Aubury's event cape.

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 01:51 PM PST

Question about possible upcoming Comp cape changes

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 11:37 PM PST

On the last live stream it was mentioned that the Reaper title requirement will likely be removed in the future seemingly due to the difficulty of raids or potential newer bosses. However wouldn't the need for all music tracks being unlocked still negate this considering some tracks are locked behind phased of certain bosses?

submitted by /u/maukingbird
[link] [comments]

By far the best examine I've ever seen.

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 05:34 PM PST

New bossing meta: multiple magic shortbows?

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 09:13 PM PST

Shower thought: Zaros spent millennia trying to create life, World Guardian accomplishes this in 15 minute Christmas event

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 02:22 PM PST

In the distance, you think you hear somebody screaming.

submitted by /u/dankdees
[link] [comments]

Using camel dung on bronze items in the dealing with scabaras quest will turn them into the old models :) Almost had forgotten what they had looked like

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 09:45 AM PST

Change demon slayer Armor to Hybrid

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 01:23 PM PST

I personally think that it would go so well with the darklight. Plus a large amount of demons are melee oriented, so range really does limit it's use

submitted by /u/Cynder_Burn
[link] [comments]

You vs. the girl Santa tells you not to worry about

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 12:19 PM PST

Disassembly interface update idea

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 10:57 AM PST

I posted this over the weekend, but someone recommended I post it again today to have a better chance of being seen by the devs.

The idea is to have the interface keep track of all materials gained during one session of disassembling. While open, the interface would remove the "Materials gained" messages sent to the chatbox. It could be minimized to restore original functionalitiy with the yellow minimize button.

It could also be cool to show your total counts for each material gained as well as the icons for each material as well.

https://imgur.com/a/jKC93

submitted by /u/metalCactus
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.