Games The End Is Nigh - 2017 Game Discussions


The End Is Nigh - 2017 Game Discussions

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 07:11 AM PST

Name: The End Is Nigh

Platform(s): Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 (TBA), PC

Genre: Platform, Adventure

Release date: July 12, 2017

Developers: Edmund McMillen, Tyler Glaiel

Publishers: Edmund McMillen, Tyler Glaiel


Trailer/Review Scores/Discussion

The End Is Nigh is a 2017 platforming adventure video game developed by Edmund McMillen and Tyler Glaiel. The game was released on July 12, 2017 on Microsoft Windows via Steam, with future releases planned for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. The game has been described as a spiritual successor to McMillen's Super Meat Boy.

Gameplay Trailer

Metascore: 84 / User Score: 7.5 (PC)

The End Is Nigh a new game by Edmund McMillen & Tyler Glaiel just released! - /u/Youracannonball

  • Did you play The End Is Night? Did you like it? Why or why not?

  • How does it compare to other games from 2017?

View all 2017 game discussions

submitted by /u/Vespair
[link] [comments]

Nintendo Switch has surpassed 10 million sales worldwide

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 05:05 AM PST

Sounds in Super Mario Odyssey Harmonize with the Background Music - [03:50]

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 12:49 AM PST

Square Enix will not add microtransactions to its single-player games

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 06:51 AM PST

Battlefield Bad Company 3 leaked by guy who leaked Battlefield 1 back in March of 2016

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 01:04 PM PST

ATOMIC HEART - Official Reveal Trailer (New FPS Soviet-Union Game)

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 04:36 AM PST

Final Fantasy XV version 1.20 update now available, adds character swapping

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 09:54 PM PST

Kojima Explains Death Stranding Gameplay and Lore - IGN

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 11:29 AM PST

PUBG is now available for the Xbox One

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 09:14 PM PST

Reborn - Official Trailer | Single player shooter with elements of horror

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 04:28 AM PST

Life is Strange coming to iOS on December 14

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 02:40 AM PST

GOG Winter Sale - Get Grim Fandango Remastered for free, and a new batch of games on GOG Connect!

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 07:02 AM PST

Frogware's Sherlock Holmes series is criminally under-rated.

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 04:28 PM PST

I just completed Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter and it dawned on me that I never hear anyone talking about these games. They very loosely follow each other, but can each be played on their own with zero confusion at all. I started out with Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper on a whim and just fell in love. Iv'e played every game after that and each title is better then it's previous.

The gameplay is sort of a mix between point and click adventures and puzzles. The later titles even feature you making your own deductions about a case and picking your own end based on what you believed happened. The clues are always there but the game doesn't hold your hand when it comes to figuring out what happened, It's all based on your intelligence. Will you wrongfully condemn a man because you missed a clue? Possibly, but it's oh so satisfying finding everything and having it click in your head "Oh! It must have been this guy because of his shoe size and glasses!"

Each game as been a joy to play and I can't recommend this series enough. Graphics aren't anything great but story and gameplay are like no other game I've played. The Sherlock lore is really well implemented in the game too. Seriously, pick up one of these games and give it a go. Devils Daughter is free with xbox gamepass right now and I can't recommend it enough.

submitted by /u/Hurricane12112
[link] [comments]

DayZ is Dead: Four Years in Early Access

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 08:59 AM PST

Bandai Namco games show announced for the 16th

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 09:31 PM PST

Now Available on Steam - Fallout 4 VR

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 04:09 PM PST

Killing Floor 2: Krampus Christmas Seasonal Event

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 07:04 AM PST

Assassin's Creed Origins Patch 1.1.0 deploying tomorrow - adds "Nightmare" difficulty, enemy scaling, "Horde Mode" and HDR for PC

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 09:18 AM PST

Monster Hunter: World introduces Bounties, Research Quests, more

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 06:43 AM PST

Humble Monthly Review: December

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 01:28 PM PST

Hope everyone is getting ready for The New Year.

I wanted to say Thank You for those who's read my reviews or added to the discussion. I had originally started this as a fun New Years Resolution but soon I found myself invested in playing and researching these games. You're all amazing and I hope I managed to help expand your horizon on a lot of the extra games. If I accomplished this goal with a single person then the whole thing was worth it.

As 2018 fasts approach I wanted to find a another gaming based New Years Resolution but I haven't decided on what. Rest assured, I will continue to review The Humble Monthly Bundle for the foreseeable future.

I'm making a small change to Humble Original Games by removing The One Hour Rule as most of these games contain less than an hour of content with little replay value. Instead I will be focusing more on my opinion on purchasing the full game.

Finally, you'll notice that H1Z1 is missing from the list of games. Since that game ended up being such a rabbit hole and easily twice the length of an average review so I wanted to take extra time making sure I have all my information correct before I post it. Look for that review tomorrow.

And don't forget about the Humble Monthly Discussions Steam group!

EDIT Thank you for the Gold!

Intro

Decembers early unlock is H1Z1, which has had some controversial microtransaction decisions in the past. I decided that for this game I'm going to make a special review to take into account its usage of microtransactions. I have not heard of Rivals of Aether and Blazblue but I'm not surprised since they're both fighting games. They do look interesting so I am looking forward to giving them a try. I am not looking forward to Nex Machina and Strafe. I don't like Roguelike's, Twin Stick shooters or voxel world designs. The Sexy Brutale and Passpartout: The Starving Artist look like weird artsy adventure game and are what I'm looking forward to the most. And for our Humble Original games we have two first person adventure games, THOR.N and Crescent Bay and Way of the Passive Fist, an arcade brawler. I'm always hesitant to put stock in these games but I have a good feeling about this group.

Rules

Description: Using my own words, I will describe the story and gameplay

Opinion: I will offer my own feelings on what works and what needs improvement.

The One Hour Rule: I will play each game for a minimum of one hour. Afterwards I will decide if I wish to continue playing.

Who would Like This Game: My personal opinion on who would or would not find this game enjoyable

Nitpicks: Small issues that, while not deal breakers, are annoying and I wanted to bring up.

Additionally, there will be a sixth category for Humble Original Games.

After taking everything else into consideration I will decide if I would I purchase the full version if or when it is released.

Rivals of Aether by Dan Fornace

  • Description: Rivals of Aether is a 2D fighting game. Taking place in a land of anthropomorphic, magic animals you follow the six main characters as their stories intersect while uncovering an evil conspiracy. Rivals of the Aether has retro pixel graphics and online multiplayer.

  • My Opinion: Rivals of the Aether has a really cute aesthetic. The sprites are lively and show off the characters personalities and the scenery is beautiful. Combat works similar to Smash Bros. Each character has their own moveset which changes depending on the direction you point the joystick and damage based on a percentage that makes it easier to get knocked off the ledge the higher it gets. I played the story missions which is made up of five fights with a single image cutscene in between each battle. The cutscenes only set up the final fight and it feels a bit jarring when the scene talks about a character running into another character atop of giant wall but the next fight is against someone else on a pier. I did find it fun and I liked the characters and world building. The world is fleshed out and the story plays out like a comedy of errors as characters are flawed, make assumptions and sometimes cause more harm than good in their own personal quests. This game does have some flaws, some of the moves feel unfairly balanced against the computer, which can see through smoke screens and body doubles but the can also be a bit stupid and get stuck on an upper platform where you can uppercut it from below to wrack up easy damage so I guess it evens itself out. While I wish this game had a larger focus on platforming, I still found it quite fun.

  • The One Hour rule: I found the game enjoyable but the limited number of characters and gameplay types weren't enough to keep invested. Maybe if there is more platforming in the next update but until then Rivals of the Aether doesn't pass The One Hour Rule.

  • Who would like this game: If you're looking for a pixel version of Smash Bros with a smaller cast, you'll like this game.

  • Nitpicks: Kragg is completely unfair. He's a heavy hitter, his attacks alter the scenery and yet he's super effective at dodging and feels impossible to knock off a ledge.

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend by Arc System Works

  • Description: BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend is a hybrid 2D fighter and Visual Novel game. Blazblue follows the adventures of a massive ensemble of characters as they cross paths to aid or hinder each other's plans. Chronophantasma Extend is the 6th game of the Blazblue series and contains multiple story modes.

  • My Opinion: Blazblue starts off strong with a flashy anime opening showing off the large cast, each giving a sample of their personalities and movesets. I decided the first place to start was the tutorial but then changed my mind when I discovered it had, like, 20 categories so went into the story mode instead. I'm not really sure what the story mode is meant to be. All I did was just watch a typical visual novel interaction with two characters having a conversation at each other using static sprites, although this game has sprites with animated faces which I thought was a bit weird. The scene just kept going on and on and whenever the characters would have a heated argument, which with most games would lead to a fight, one would say something to calm the other character down and they'd go back to talking. After about twenty minutes the moving faces on still sprites I switched to the arcade mode. Fighting is fast and fluid and each character design has a certain attention to detail that makes them all feel different, although I feel like some characters animations are unclear on their purpose. I'm still not sure if one character's animation is bugged or their trying to block me. I'm also getting the impression I'm not taking full advantage of the fighting system as the UI has a lot of bars and meters and the game keeps throwing terminology at me but there is no way I'm going back to the tutorial to confirm this. I actually got pretty far just mashing the B Button and Right Trigger. Pretty and fluid this game may be it feels incomprehensible to newcomers unless they want to make a considerable effort, which I don't

  • The One Hour rule: I do enjoy the style of this game but I was really turned off by the sheer depth in gameplay and lore. Plus, I'm not sure if the story mode actually has real gameplay in it. BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend fails The One Hour Rule.

  • Who would like this game: I'm sure fans of the previous Blazblue games will enjoy it. I can't speak for fighting game fans but if you're new to the genre you could do better.

  • Nitpicks: Blazblue, you don't need to ask if I have eight megabytes to make a save file. I'm pretty sure I have at least eight megs on my computer.

Nex Machina by Housemarque by Tequila Works

  • Description: Nex Machina is a bullet hell, twin sticks shooter. Taking place in a dystopian future where robots have begun exterminating humans who have become obsessed with portable media you play a mysterious warrior who goes on a quest to save the world. Nex Machine is inspired by arcade games like Smash TV and features voxel destructably environments.

  • My Opinion: Nex Machina doesn't spend much time setting up its plot. You're a mysterious warrior and you need to blow up a lot of robots. It's a plot setup seen a million times in video games. Gameplay feels like it was ripped straight from an arcade cabinet. You have a rapid fire machine gun as your main weapon a large variety of secondary weapons you pick up along the way that can be used to deal extra damage or do radius attacks. I'm not sure if secondary weapons have a shared ammo or they only have a limited use because that would require looking away from the battle at the incredibly sparse interface. If you get hit once, you restart that stage and if you lose all your lives you get a game over. Nex Machina is dedicated to keeping you in the action. Whenever you move to a new stage you're assailed by a massive horde of killer robots and once you kill the last one you're whisked away to the next stage to do it all again.. The game is challenging but I'd still consider it very fair. Enemies moved just fast enough to be a threat but not too quickly as to be difficult to hit. The variety of enemies and stage designs also kept me on my toes. Some stages I'd just find a safe corner and let all the baddies come to me while other stages may contain flying enemies or robots with laser canons that would turn that same strategy into a death trap. I did dislike the level select system. After beating a level I can access it in the level select menu but if I wanted to stop playing and come back to the main game I'd have to start all over.The voxel destruction doesn't serve much of a purpose as destructible environments don't alter the landscape and the random particles kicked up from walls and certain enemies can obscure vision. I confess, going in I was not looking forward to this game but I soon found myself eating my own words. Nex Machina is really fun.

  • The One Hour rule: Despite my misgivings and my own personal dislike of bullet hell shooters, I actually found myself having fun with the game and enjoying the style and design. Nex Machina passes The One Hour Rule.

  • Who would like this game: Bullet hell and twin stick fans will really like this. If you're new to the genre and want a fun but shallow experience, you'll find a great time in Nex Machina.

  • Nitpicks: I wish I had more time between fights to look for secrets. I get the game is supposed to be fast pace but sometimes I just want to do some exploring.

The Sexy Brutale by Tequila Works

  • Description: The Sexy Brutale is an adventure mystery game. You have been invited to a masquerade at The Sexy Brutale mansion and have been trapped in a time loop until you solve a series of grisly murders. The Sexy Brutale features time manipulation mechanics and was made by the same studio behind RiME and Deadlight.

  • My Opinion: The Sexy Brutale has a really cool style. The modern swing music and art-deco designs help create an atmosphere of a 1930's mansion full of danger and intrigue. I admit, I wasn't a big fan of the isometric camera angles and squat sprites but I feel like the game makes the most of it by having characters wear large, exaggerated masks to show off their personalities.The game is based on a twelve hour cycle where characters go about their days, chat with other people and get murdered at different times during the day. I liked this mechanic and feel like it's never used enough in other games. The world feels organic as people move and events occur whether or not you're not around and helps add to the mystery. Gameplay works a lot like a typical adventure game. You look for clues and solving puzzles to complete objectives and open up new areas. Your main objective is to prevent the murder of the other guests. You can't be in the same room as an NPC because their possessed masks will attack you on sight so you have to work behind the scenes like loading a gun with blanks or using a CCTV to help a man find his wife before she's eaten by a spider. The Sexy Brutale regrettably falls into the same pitfall of many adventure games by having a single, sometimes esoteric solution to a puzzle. I felt like this clashed heavily with how little direction the game gave me. I was given the impression I could find any solution I wished or at least solve the murders in any order but as it turns out the whole experience is very much on rails. This is a shame as I feel like the world would be a lot more fun if I could act more freely

  • The One Hour rule: The Sexy Brutale definitely has a lot of style and a fun idea but in the end I felt too constricted to continue. The Sexy Brutale does not pass The One Hour Rule.

  • Who would like this game If you enjoy murder mystery and want to see fun use of time travel mechanics, you'll love this game. Just be aware it's not much of a sandbox experience.

  • Nitpicks: The animations when interacting with a door are super jerky. It started to get on my nerves after awhile.

STRAFE: Millennium Edition by Pixel Titans

  • Description: Strafe is a first person shooter roguelike. You are a scrapper who comes across a horde of space monsters as you board random derelict space vessels. Strafe takes inspiration from 90's shooters and contains randomly generated levels and permadeath.

  • My Opinion: Strafe strives to combine old school first person shooter elements with a modern twist. Gameplay is your typical run-and-gun where you have to fight and endless swarm of enemies to make your way to the exit but death means restarting from the very beginning. There is a side mission in every stage to find components to fix a teleporter but I never managed to find all the pieces. There are a large variety of enemies and each one is incredibly well designed with their own style and attack patterns. Where Strafe disappoints me is in its difficulty. Gameplay itself isn't terribly hard but some of the gameplay elements don't mesh well together. In addition to permadeath, respawning enemies and limited health pickups, rooms are randomly generated and nothing despawns, including the acid spit out by certain monsters. There were times I wanted to explore a room but the hallway leading to it would be covered in acid. I'd walk across to find a dead end so I'd have to walk back, taking 10+ points of damage each way. Strafe felt like a battle of attrition as I'd slowly lose health to one thing or another before dying to an unlucky hit from a monster that spawned behind me. This actively discouraged me from exploring and made me want to focus on just finding the end as quickly as possible. I also tried easy mode to see if that helped but all it did was slow enemy attacks, decrease spawning and reduce damage slightly, which honestly made the game just feel boring. I went into Strafe with low expectations with the hope of being surprised but in the end I was just disappointed.

  • The One Hour rule: After about 30 minutes I was about to give up but I toughed it out for the sake of this rule. Suffice it to say, Strafe fails The One Hour Rule.

  • Who would like this game: If you like frustratingly hard roguelike games, go for it. I would strongly advise against it if you're looking to scratch that Quake itch.

  • Nitpicks: I feel like the Easy Mode would be more useful if it allowed for respawning instead of feeling like the game is just taking pity on me.

Passpartout: The Starving Artist by Flamebait Games

  • Description: Passpartout is a starving artist simulator. You play an actor playing a starving artist on the streets of Paris as you make and sell paintings to become famous. Passpartout is the first game by Flamebait games and contains actual painting.

  • My Opinion: Passpartout started off feeling like a silly gimmick game. You start by working out of a storage unit and selling paintings on the street. You actually have to make the paintings similar to using MS paint. You only start out with one type of paint brush but as you continue your tools grow. You have to sell paintings as your character consistently wracks up a bill of baguettes and wine. There is a hidden depth to this game. After making a few simple images of male genital I found most of my patrons were insulting my work and labeling it as boring. Upon looking online I discovered that the paintings you make actually matter. Different people want different things. Old men want paintings of objects with darker tones while punks want more vibrant colored abstract works. As you progress and focus on a core audience you run the chance of getting noticed and move on to other locations. The soundtrack and graphics are quite amazing, creating an unreal atmosphere of a low-budget play. I wish this game gave a bit more direction as I had no idea there was a progression path, much less how to obtain it. To be honest, if I didn't look online I would have given up on this game after the first hour.

  • The One Hour rule: If I hadn't bothered looking up a guide online I would have passed. But after finding tips on how to succeed I found the experience rather engrossing. Passpartout passes The One Hour Rule.

  • Who would like this game: If you're looking for something with more structure or a faster pace, you'll hate this game. If you want something calming and quirky to pass the time, give this a try.

  • Nitpicks: The baguette guy is such a jerk. No, I am not selling my first attempt at phallic impressionism for zero dollars.

Way of the Passive Fist (Sneak Peak) by Household Games Inc

  • Description: Way of the Passive Fist is an arcade pseudo-brawler. Taking place on a desert planet, you play a non-violent mysterious wanderer who travels the world in search of answers. Way of the Passive Fist features rhythm and timing based combat and a combo system.

  • My Opinion: Way of the Passive Fist has a very strong presentation. The game opens like any 90's brawler with a text scroll over an images that gives the necessary story details. The graphics are colorful and unique and give this underlying sense of parody. As the name would imply, combat involves not harming your opponent. You have to learn each enemies attack patterns and dodge or block their attack which reduces the enemy's stamina. When an enemy's stamina bar reaches zero you knock them over with a body check. I was never quite able to get the timing right with certain enemies. There is a big guy who likes to grapple but every attempt I made to dodge always failed so I ended up just walking back a few steps every time he started to telegraph. Despite my issues, I thought combat was handled well. Enemies only attack one at a time and switch out every few attacks. This kept combat fresh in an organic way as you have to keep changing up your strategy. There is also a power move where you can just punch your enemy to win an encounter but I never got the hang of using it.

  • Would I buy the full release: It's cute but this game didn't quite manage to grab my interest enough. I don't think I'd purchase the full version.

  • Who would like this game: When you boil this game down, Way of the Passive Fist is just a rhythm game. If you're a fan of that you'll like Way of the Passive Fist.

  • Nitpicks: I can't help but feel the power up attack conflicts with the rest of the game. I'm supposed to be a passive warrior, why would I just punch people?

THOR.N by Advect Productions

  • Description: THOR.N is a first person adventure game. You are a citizen in a dystopian future who has left their bedroom for the first time to begin their journey to citizenship. THOR.N features minimalist gameplay and in game achievements.

  • My Opinion: THOR.N does not have much in the way of gameplay. The gameplay consists solely of interacting with computer terminals to complete a set of skinner-box tasks to earn credits. Credits are used to buy upgrades and unlock other terminals to identical tasks with different names. The purpose of buying upgrades is to gain "citizen points" which will unlock a door to the outside world. As you complete simple tasks your personal overseer, a giant glowing face with a motherly voice, spouts words of encouragement and not-so-subtly hint at the state of the outside world. What little space you can move around has a lot of non-verbal storytelling. Just by looking at the wall art and the state of your bedroom you can tell your character has been alone for most, if not all, their life. THOR.N's main selling point is its meta-narrative, which runs parallel to the main narrative. As you work you're given achievements for completing the exact menial tasks your overseer is praising you for. THOR.N is a fascinating idea with a lot of character. I'd love to see more of the world the story is set in.

  • Would I buy the full release: I couldn't get past the ten minute mark because the game kept crashing and I had to start from the very beginning. I'm also not sure there is much gameplay opportunity with its basic mechanics. If it ever gets a full release, I'd consider buying it.

  • Who would like this game: THOR.N doesn't have much in the way of gameplay but Walking Sim fans or people who like odd game ideas will get some entertainment out of it. If you want something with more substance, I'd give this game a pass.

  • Nitpicks: I understand that adding in a save system would have been a lot of effort but I really wish I could skip the opening narration. It got really old after the third time.

Crescent Bay by Advect Productions

  • Description: Crescent Bay is a first person murder mystery game. You play a man who comes across the murder of his friend and must use his phonetic synesthesia to solve the mystery behind her death. Crescent Bay was developed by an indie studio with developers from games like Ether One and Q.U.B.E.

  • My Opinion: Like its sister game, Crescent Bay tries for the minimalist gameplay. You play in a small environment and use a small set of gameplay mechanics to complete the end objective. The main character has the ability to use words to view ghostly after images of past events and must connect them in proper order. I found myself having a lot of fun watching each event play out and determine the order of how everything played out. The game gives only a little instruction but after a few tries I finally figured out how the mechanics works. Crescent Bay is a fairly short experience but still somehow feels a bit artificially lengthened. The introduction where you walk along a path feels like it takes just a little too long and barely connected to the story. I got curious on a second playthrough and just sat it out and I discovered that walking along the path doesn't accomplish anything. The game is also a bit buggy as certain after images will disappear and reappear without warning or reason and I had to restart the game because the playback system didn't work despite getting all the events in the right order. Still, as what is effectively a tech-demo I found the idea fascinating and the atmosphere to be wonderfully thick.

  • Would I buy the full release: While the game certainly lacks polish I think there is a lot of potential for a more indepth game. I certain would purchase the full release.

  • Who would like this game: If you're like me and enjoy first person exploration games, give this a go. Just be aware this game isn't quite finished.

  • Nitpicks: I get this game having one out of place intro but does it really need two?

Final Thoughts

I feel like I owe an apology to fans of BlazBlue and Rivals of Aether. as I realize now that I disliked one for being too complicated and the other for being too simple. Fighting games are fun with friends but I've alway preferred fighting larger groups of enemies over squaring off against single opponents. I don't know if I'll ever find a fighting game I'll enjoy on a personal level but I'm always willing to explore. Nex Machina was a pleasant surprise for me while STRAFE was a sad disappointment. Passpartout was a weird experience and I hope the developers make more games like it. The Sexy Brutal makes me feel disappointed in myself. I really want to like this game but I just couldn't get into it. If I could offer any advice to Way of the Passive Fist I would say that it needs to embrace its rhythm game mechanics more. I get the feeling that Advect Productions wants to carve out its niche with First Person exploration games with THOR.N and Crescent Bay and I applaud them for their efforts. I hope they make a name for themselves.

Next Month we're continuing a new trend by offering three games: The Long Dark, Quantum Break and Dawn of War III. I'll let you folks guess which one I'm looking forward to the most!

submitted by /u/BW_Bird
[link] [comments]

Why is Ubisoft still lumped in with EA and Activision as the 'unholy trinity' after years of great games and continued support?

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 07:54 PM PST

Title.

Whenever I see a thread relating to Ubisoft, there's always the obligatory "Ubi$oft" remarks where people give them an unnecessary amount of shit for being evil, money-grubbing publishers and developers that bring forward awful games and don't do anything consumer-friendly, and for the past several years now this is just wrong.

Rainbow Six Siege redefined first person competitive shooters and is about to overtake CSGO in popularity. The game has an absolutely fair business model and has some of the best post-launch support I've ever seen, rivaled by only Overwatch and maybe Halo 5 as far as support for a first person multiplayer shooter goes.

AC Origins showed that they are willing to listen to their community and take a formula that's proven to work and sell millions of copies every game (Syndicate and Unity still sold very well despite fans becoming tired of the same old thing every year), but they wanted to reinvent the wheel with AC because they care for the franchise and want to see it do well and make fans happy, and now it is one of the best of the series, if not the best, with numerous free post-launch updates, patches and support for a single player game that doesn't just fix bugs but also adds new content, similar to Witcher 3.

The Division had some necessary hate when it first launched for not quite being what was advertised, but since its launch and as of the latest patch is it an absolute blast to play with a plethora of content and rewards and reasons to log in every day. It is a better Destiny than Destiny.

Ghost Recon Wildlands may not appeal to everyone, but even that game has been getting unrivaled, free content since release and is still being supported today.

They put out some of the best-developed games every year. Many good, innovative single player titles would not exist without them, from Child of Light to Rayman. Watch Dogs 2 was innovative and an incredibly great experience, building off of the feedback from the previous game and giving players ways to do the entire story without engaging or killing anyone at all.

I get that in the past Ubisoft has been guilty of misadvertising their games, but this has not been a problem they've had since the whole fiasco with Watch Dogs and it seems strange to me that people refuse to accept or realize how many quality games they bring out every year, for all audiences. There would be a major dent left behind in the industry if they were to suddenly stop making and publishing games.

Or is this just me?

submitted by /u/BrySighz
[link] [comments]

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - 2017 Game Discussions

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 03:03 PM PST

Name: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Genre: Role-Playing

Release date: July 11, 2017

Developer: Square-Enix

Publisher: Square-Enix


Trailer/Review Scores/Discussion

Final Fantasy XII is a fantasy role-playing video game developed and published by Square Enix for the PlayStation 2 home video console. Released in 2006, it is the twelfth title in the mainline Final Fantasy series. The game introduced several innovations to the series: an open world, a seamless battle system, a controllable camera, a customizable "gambit" system, which lets the player control the artificial intelligence (AI) of characters in battle, a "license" system, which determines what abilities and equipment can be used by characters, and a hunting side quest, which allows the player to find and defeat increasingly difficult monsters in the game's open world. Final Fantasy XII also includes elements from previous games in the series, such as Chocobos and Moogles.

Launch Trailer

Metascore: 86 / User Score: 8.0

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age's new additions include having a second job class for characters, and 8 new music tracks. - /u/Solariss

  • Did you play Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age? Did you like it? Why or why not?

  • No shade, but doesn't the game improve if you pretend that Vaan and Penelo don't exist, and that Basch or Balthier (or Ashe) are the main characters instead?

  • How does it compare to other games from 2017 (and the original)?

View all 2017 game discussions

submitted by /u/Vespair
[link] [comments]

Sword Coast Legends to be delisted from Steam at the end of December (currently discounted)

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 05:38 PM PST

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood - 2017 Game Discussions

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 10:23 AM PST

Name: Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

Platform(s): Mac, PC, PlayStation 4

Genre: Massively multiplayer online role-playing game

Release date: June 20, 2017

Developer: Square-Enix Business Division 5

Publisher: Square-Enix


Trailer/Review Scores/Discussion

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed and published by Square Enix. Directed and produced by Naoki Yoshida, it was released worldwide for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and OS X on August 27, 2013. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn takes place in the fictional land of Eorzea, five years after the events of the original release. At the conclusion of Final Fantasy XIV, the primal dragon Bahamut escapes from its lunar prison to initiate the Seventh Umbral Calamity, an apocalyptic event which destroys much of Eorzea.

Through the gods' blessing, the player character escapes the devastation by time traveling five years into the future. As Eorzea recovers and rebuilds, the player must deal with the impending threat of invasion by the Garlean Empire from the north. The first expansion pack, titled Heavensward, was released in June 2015. The second expansion, titled Stormblood, was released in June 2017, which also marked the end of service for the PlayStation 3 version.

Announcement Trailer

Metascore: 87 / User Score: 7.1 (PC)

Final Fantasy 14: Stormblood PC Gamer Review 92/100 - /u/MetaLink13

  • Did you play Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood? Did you like it? Why or why not?

  • Were you there for the infamous battle of Raubahn (Extreme)?

  • How does it compare to other games from 2017?

View all 2017 game discussions

submitted by /u/Vespair
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.