Minecraft - My Survival made wheatfarm


My Survival made wheatfarm

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 05:03 AM PST

My attempt so far at making world generation more like those realistic worldpainter/worldmachine maps people make.

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 10:41 AM PST

I made a library/archive inspired by a video I saw a little while back!

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 01:08 PM PST

My wife is a teacher. She assigned a "how to" assignment. This kid told us how to play minecraft

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 04:42 PM PST

Some of us take a different approach to Wheat Farms

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 04:59 PM PST

Stairway to Heaven - Made a long path up to my player shop above my base

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 01:50 PM PST

Ya know, we really don't see too much underwater screenshots...

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 10:11 AM PST

[::] I Made Some Huggable Pandas

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 03:16 PM PST

Thanks to the debug stick this annoying thing where you elevate a bit of a block and are able to jump over a fence when it's connected to the block can finally be removed!

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 10:57 AM PST

Hiding in Chests

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 06:38 AM PST

Today I died in hardcore mode

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 03:11 PM PST

I was really invested in my world. Had already finished the house and was in the process of making a long road to another biome (large biomes mode).

After more than 50 hours playing I was really invested in the world, even to an emotional levels. I knew by memory all the hills next to my house. I had explore many of its cave systems and had even found diamonds!

This world really help me get through a rough month. For no apparent reason I started feeling sad and Minecraft helped me get some alone time and meditate while building the coolest world ever.

So here I bid you farewell my beautiful world of blocks. I had a really good time looking for cows in your forests and descending your ravines. I will never see you again, but I carry your geography in my heart.

As a last gaze into this magnificent prodigy of biosphere, here is the screenshot album with a few pictures taken before my demise.

PS: You always die in the most pathetic and embarrasing way. I fell into a cave because I was peeking at it and a creeper appeared. I tried to run past it but an skeleton arrow threw me back and boom goes the dynamite.

submitted by /u/Groctel
[link] [comments]

Fancy Medieval Bridge With Speed Build In Comments

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 01:25 PM PST

Optifine 1.12.2 HD U C7 just got released! (Enjoy the high render distance, that nobody uses!)

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 06:21 PM PST

Nether Diorama

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 09:45 AM PST

A quick overview of how inconsistent, untidy and incomplete the Minecraft Statistics are.

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 06:31 AM PST

I don't know if the statistics are only be renamed in 1.13, or if they're having a little development done to them as well as the renaming, but either way it seems like an opportune time to give a quick overview of the inconsistent, untidy, and incomplete system that is Minecraft Statistics, because I feel like there isn't enough awareness of how crazy this gets.

  • Some things have over-arching statistics that trigger any time that things happens (eg. stat.animalsBred triggers for any animal but don't have any statistic for the specific mobs).
  • Some things require you to specify your statistic (eg. stat.breakItem.minecraft.iron_shovel works for iron shovels, but there is not stat for any time something breaks).
  • Some things have both (eg. stat.drop and stat.drop.minecraft.bone).
  • One has neither (eg. animal taming).
  • Some are supposed to have specific statistic, but are missing at least one (eg. stat.mineBlock.minecraft.mob_spawner is missing, but the specific stats for mining blocks are supposed to exist).
  • One has a statistic that is partially over-arching but is missing the over-arching statistic (eg. fish caught).

This table details 21 topics, 18 of which are missing some component for their statistics:

- Topic Over-arching stat? Specific stats? Comment?
1 Time Yes: stat.playOneMinute Few: eg. stat.sneakTime Feels like some are missing, like stat.blockTime to measure time spent blocking would be most useful.
2 Distance No. Mostly: eg. stat.flyOneCm Bugs: Some distances aren't tracked. See MC-101297, MC-121541 and MC-122116.
3 Damage Taken Yes: stat.damageTaken No. -
4 Damage Dealt Yes: stat.damageDealt No. -
5 Deaths Yes: stat.deaths Partially: Only when killed by mobs. No stats for some deaths. eg. Death by fall damage.
6 Mobs killed Yes: stat.mobKills Yes: eg. stat.killEntity.Creeper Complete.
7 Animals Tamed No. No. No statistics whatsoever.
8 Animals Bred Yes: stat.animalsBred No. -
9 Players Killed Yes: stat.playerKills OR PlayerKillCount Yes: eg. teamkill.aqua Complete.
10 Killed by Players No. Yes: eg. killedByTeam.gold -
11 Talked to Villagers Yes: stat.talkedToVillager No. -
12 Traded with Villagers Yes: stat.tradedWithVillager No. -
13 Blocks interacted with No. Yes: eg. stat.dropperInspected Could do with a better naming system, like stat.blockInspected.dropper.
14 Times fished an item Partially: Only for fish-type items, stat.fishCaught No. -
15 Times crafted a block/item No. Yes: eg. stat.craftItem.minecraft.boat Bug: stat.craftItem.tipped_arrow doesn't exist. See MC-98823.
16 Times used a block/item No. Yes: eg. stat.useItem.minecraft.fishing_rod Bug: stat.useItem.minecraft.shield never increases. See MC-87949.
17 Times mined a block No. Mostly: eg. stat.mineBlock.minecraft.stone Bug: Some specific stats missing. eg. mob_spawners. See MC-36191.
18 Times depleted an item No. Yes: eg. stat.breakItem.minecraft.iron_shovel Bug: stat.breakItem.minecraft.elytra never increases. See MC-122656.
19 Times picked up a block/item No. Yes: eg. stat.pickup.minecraft.ender_pearl -
20 Times dropped a block/item Yes: stat.drop Yes: eg. stat.drop.minecraft.redstone_lamp Complete.
21 Records played Yes: stat.recordPlayed No. -

What does this mean? Why do we care?

It means that for technical players who want to make something cool, the odds of the mechanic they want to build having to use some horrible time-intensive workaround, or that mechanic not being possible at all when it should be is quite high. We care because people make these using these statistics that are really cool, and we want to encourage that as much as possible.

Oh, but you can use Advancement Triggers for xyz!

I know some of these missing statistics have advancement triggers and technical players can use those instead. I don't want the conversation to get distracted from the topic of statistics, but I will just say that Advancements have their own set of problems, perhaps a topic for another post.

TL;DR: The statistics system seems like it's missing a lot of statistics, and I think it could do with some developer attention in 1.13, beyond just the renaming of statistics.

submitted by /u/PaintTheFuture
[link] [comments]

[::] Ender Wyverns

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 03:30 PM PST

BobcatNoah (?) - Thank you!

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 05:57 PM PST

I'm not a Minecraft player so I'm not clear on the terms but I'll do my best.

My 8 year old daughter was killed in-game today and lost a lot of diamond enchanted gear. She was really bummed.

A few hours later she texted in the Minecraft game that she died. She says you saw her hotbar was full but had no gear and nothing in her hands so you gave her one of your two pick axes to use to dig to her dead spot to get her gear. I'm watching from the periphery and how she pauses to turn to me and tell me what's going on and you are standing there patiently waiting to get your pick axe back.

She said "I feel a lot better about life now because I got my gear back."

BobcatNoah, you are a sweetheart. You didn't have to do what you did. You didn't have to pause your game to help a stranger. But you did. And the smile on my daughter's face is beautiful and bright right now thanks to you.

Now she's happily harvesting sugar cane to help a friend you just invited until the group.

I don't know who you are, BobcatNoah, but I hope you see this and realize you made our day.

-EndorKitty's mama

Note: names are approximate. Not all characters are included, on purpose.

submitted by /u/taterhotdish
[link] [comments]

A little birch house on the lake

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 05:56 PM PST

After seeing a couple of posts of trains over the past few days I thought I'd share this.

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 05:41 AM PST

Why does minecraft.net only feature creative builds?

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 04:20 AM PST

I was a bit surprised that the only community creations shown on the official minecraft online presence minecraft.net were builds made in creative mode. I scrolled back 10 pages and not a single redstone creation has been shown or any other part of the game the community spends time on.

Is this Mojang's vision of the game? Being nothing more than a simple 3D-modeling software?

submitted by /u/wanderingstar1
[link] [comments]

Am I the only one who thinks that the reason they gave for not adding sharks was extremely dumb?

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 01:22 PM PST

Because they're "misunderstood" is not a reason to not add them to a game. People understand that this is a game. Minecraft also has lava, polar bears, wolves and TNT, should those be removed too? You wouldn't want kids diving into the ocean to find a shark (which would be hostile in the game anyway) or go into the wilderness to tame a wolf would you?

submitted by /u/canceroustumor1337
[link] [comments]

Somethings not right...

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 02:32 AM PST

Dragon Skip Glitch (x-post /r/speedrun)

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 08:16 PM PST

What do you think of my house?

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 01:37 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.