Halo - Friday LFG Thread


Friday LFG Thread

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 08:09 AM PST

Welcome to the r/halo LFG Thread!

This thread is for finding groups to play any of the Halo video games! Make sure to mention which game you're playing, what the events are, and to list your GT. Here is an example of how to construct your post.

 **GT:** Vorked **Game:** Halo 5 **Event:** General Matchmaking and then we can move to custom games. 

If you have any questions please message the mods.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Why hasn't 343 asked Marty to do a soundtrack?

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 01:28 PM PST

So, ever since Marty left Bungie and began his own studio, Highwire Games. He's a very busy man, however, he has openly said that he would gladly do another Halo soundtrack, all 343 has to do is ask him. My question is, why hasn't 343 asked him? Yes they have Kazuma Jinnouchi, and he's been awesome, however they can do the soundtrack together. I myself would love for them to call Marty up, and it turns out he's working on the soundtrack for Halo 6. What do you think?

submitted by /u/DaTruestEva
[link] [comments]

Mjolnir Meets Motorsport | Halo News | Halo

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 05:56 PM PST

Go long!

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 06:45 AM PST

A recap of my last game of Warzone:

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 02:00 AM PST

Halo 5 Campaign

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 03:13 AM PST

Only recently got back on Xbox (One X) after being with PlayStation for the past 4 years.

Loving it!

Started Halo 5 campaign and it is sooo good! I have always loved everything about the Halo franchise. The characters, the scenery, the colours and sounds. Everything is just wonderfully done!

To me it is the best shooter out there and the amount of new weapons in Guardians carries a lovely touch.

Got Halo MCC ready and waiting to play through the first 4 Halo's as soon as I am done with Halo 5 campaign.

Xbox, it is good to be back!!

submitted by /u/MowgliCap
[link] [comments]

A little snow never stopped the Chief (OC)

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 10:39 AM PST

I fear that Halo 6 will make or break this franchise given its current state.

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 05:58 AM PST

First, and foremost, I know that this subject has been mentioned before. I understand that some people feel that this concept is a dead horse at this point. However, I'm still going to express my own concern for the franchise.

I don't think there's anyone who would argue against the fact that Halo has had a rough couple of years. Halo 4 was extremely controversial and lost its player base extremely quickly, MCC was a broken mess, and Halo 5 had issues relating to the amount of content it had, included a lackluster campaign, and was, and still is, highly controversial for its enhanced movement gameplay.

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐨, 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 - 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 - 𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐨 𝟔: Corny use of Halo 3 quotes aside, I truly fear that Halo 6 will have a more direct impact on the franchise as a whole than most of the previous Halo titles. It blows my mind that Halo 5 didn't receive more criticism than it did given how it launched. Halo 6 cannot launch in a state similar to that of Halo 5 (missing fan favorite modes such as BTB, no social arena modes, etc.). One of the most controversial features included in Halo 5 is the req system. While I personally want microtransactions to be done away with, I know that they are unfortunately here to stay. With this in mind it is important that the system is implemented in a way that doesn't impact a good portion of the game and doesn't interfere with customization unlocks. If Halo 6 flops (making it the 4th mainline Halo title to have such significant issues), I truly believe that the franchise would suffer irreversible damage.

𝐖𝐞 𝐠𝐨, 𝐰𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠; 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫, 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫. 𝐈𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝, 𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞: Halo was always a known for how innovative it was. A fair amount of the common tropes you find in modern games today were either started or perfected by Halo. With this in mind, it feels odd that Halo has been taking cues from other FPS games for the past couple of years. This is just my own opinion here, but it is my firm belief that Halo 4s biggest issue was its inability to win over the previously existing long time Halo fans prior to trying to bring in other people from other franchises (yes, you could make the argument that 343 was just following the path that Halo Reach had started, but this being the case would actually be more concerning to me, as it would mean that 343 completely ignored the copious and noticeable amounts of controversy that followed Halo Reach). Halo 5 has only furthered the divide between players as it includes enhanced movement gameplay that many (myself included) would argue doesn't belong in Halo. This has inevitably lead to a divide between competitive players and casual players. With these issues in mind, I believe that Halo 6 needs to do the following in order to succeed: 1. Be innovative: Instead of basing the gameplay off of what's popular in the market today (which ultimately makes the game forgettable IMO), try to be more original in terms of gameplay. 2. Don't cater to only one audience: Look back to Halo 3. Halo 3 was known for having some of the best modes in terms of casual gameplay as well as having a great competitive side. Forge was introduced with Halo 3, which allowed both demographics to rapidly expand. It is this variety in modes and players that made Halo so appealing to old and new players alike.

𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐨... 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐨 𝟔 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡?: Like I said, I know that this horse has been beaten to death. Expressing concern for Halo 6 is nothing new. However I feel that it is necessary. Halo has a special place in a lot of our hearts and watching it die (which is a fairly valid statement given the amount of decline we've seen in the past few years) is difficult to say the least. Halo used to be the king of console gaming, and I think many of us want nothing more than to see it succeed like it used to. Halo 6 will be a large determining factor in Halos future, so let's hope it succeeds.

Sorry about typos, this was all done on mobile

Edit: yes, the Halo 3 quotes are hyperbolic

submitted by /u/YourFriendTheEND
[link] [comments]

If 343 shares next Halo news soon, I will shave my head and glue the hair to my face as a beard.

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 03:04 PM PST

Whipped up a quick comparison of Elite Minor helmet shapes. (Wanted to see them side-by-side.)

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 03:56 PM PST

In the UNSC-Covenant War, did any members of the covenant defect to the UNSC because they didn't agree with wiping out an entire species?

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 12:11 PM PST

I've played every single game and read a few of the books (but not all of them) so i wouldn't know. But judging from i have seen and read the only covenant species who weren't down with wiping out humanity where the Huragok, but they're not even really members of the covenant, they just like fixing shit. And they don't really take sides.

Back to the question. Aside from the elites who teamed up with the UNSC post-schism, Has any member of the covenant defected to the UNSC in any halo lore?

submitted by /u/wowsuchtitan
[link] [comments]

Which halo, have YOU had the most fun in?

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 03:15 PM PST

I'll start.

Halo 2, didn't care about 15 melees for a kill. The maps, the BR and the button combos made it fun as hell. It was a bit stupid but oh well, I had tons of fun.

submitted by /u/1magnetic123
[link] [comments]

Liberation of DRACO III - A Halo Machinima Filmed in Arma 3

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 12:08 PM PST

Halo 6 Forge should have adjustable object weight/mass

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 01:08 PM PST

T4R. This combine with the welding feature would allow us to create incredible vehicle creations without them being completely uncontrollable. Maybe even to go so far as to be able to adjust an objects' center of mass.

submitted by /u/-Chakas-
[link] [comments]

I think hunting my first nair is gonna drive me crazy..

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 03:04 PM PST

PSA for those still on Halo Reach

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 05:01 PM PST

I get it now that Grifball is the new place to farm for credits but don't be a dick during the game. If you're using the opponents spawn to complete challenges let them do the same to you. It help makes the wait more enjoyable.

submitted by /u/Boi_when
[link] [comments]

I feel like MM in both MCC and Halo 5 has gotten pretty frustrating...

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 03:34 PM PST

I'm just gonna say...I'm not a bad Halo player by any stretch. But playing either Halo right now is very unfun, because MM seems to be comprise almost wholly of two groups;

  • Players who eat, breathe, sleep and shit Halo 24/7
  • Player either just got the game(s) on sale/with their console and/or have a motor skills problem

And winning or losing depends entirely on what mix of these kinds of players you get; it seems you can usually tell who is going to win/lose a match within the first 90 seconds or so now.

What makes it worse is that former group of players (the super tryhards) like to travel in premades, particularly in Warzone, so you get to experience GROUP sodomy while you or maybe the other one average player tries to carry Johnny No-Thumbs and Tammy Only-Thumbs.

Matches seem to consist mostly of only absolutely zero challenge or "prepare your anus for you never had a chance at all" gameplay nowadays, depending on which side of the coin you fall on for that particular match.

submitted by /u/ParagonFury
[link] [comments]

Halo 5 REQ Packs

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 10:21 PM PST

I think that this may have been discussed some time ago but lately my Gold pack turnouts have been shit and have had more luck with Silver packs when it comes to armor/helmets. Is there a preferred pack you like to stick with?

submitted by /u/OlafsCarrot
[link] [comments]

I WILL TAKE THE CHIEF'S SPECIAL AND CHIEF'S SURPRISE. THANK YOU!

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 08:16 AM PST

[Discussion] Can I be a fan if I haven't fully played the series?

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 05:08 PM PST

I don't know how to word this so bear with me, if the post isn't appropriate for the sub then I'll delete. So, story time: I have no idea but Halo has been a small part of my life for as long as I can remember. My brother and his friends played 1 and 2 while I watched with curiosity, I watched arby n' the chief multiple times as a kid and I played the free Halo 1 pc demo a lot but I've never properly played the series until now. I just got an xbox one s this summer so I got the MCC and 5 on Game Pass. I start playing 1 and I love it until the flood intro level and I drop out. I have severe arachnophobia so I'm not a huge fan of the flood. That being said, I haven't played since and i'm not sure if I can play any story mission with the flood. But I still like the series, the characters, the world etc.. Question is: Do I belong in the fandom or should I play more to earn the right to say i'm a fan, wear merch etc.. This was a litlle rambly so if you need me to clarify I will.

submitted by /u/creative-heart
[link] [comments]

Games as Lit. 101 - Literary Analysis: Halo 2

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 04:54 PM PST

Oppressor |A 1v1 Map for Halo 5

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 07:07 AM PST

Will Halo 5's game hub ever be fully functional?

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 11:33 AM PST

I'm surprised this is still an issue, as its one that has been around for at least a year, but the game hub's stat tracking is... spotty at best to flat out broken.

Normally, this would be a neat little feature and one that could be easily ignored. However, the 'Warlord' achievement's progress tracking is done using the game hub instead of your service record for some inexplicable reason.

The main issue comes down to the game not tracking "Matches Won" even when play time, spartan kills, and boss kills are all updated properly. On the game hub, my "wins" are stuck at 14, but my service record has me at 50 wins.

Specifically for the 'Warlord' achievement:

  • Won on all 3 required maps 2-4 times each

  • Achievement progress at 0%

The only 343 support I've been able to find on the topic was on a halo waypoint post with the response "Thank you for your report. We're looking into it."... This was in march.

submitted by /u/teh_halo_guy
[link] [comments]

Problem with 343 Community Playdates

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 03:52 PM PST

If/when the Flood returns in H6, what do you want to see?

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 06:58 PM PST

Personally I'd want the Juggernaut.

submitted by /u/ComradeVladislav
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.