Fallout - Little touch in Shaun's room


Little touch in Shaun's room

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 10:32 PM PST

So I recently made a new FO4 character so that I could side with the institute, and for the first time I decided to look at the blocks in Shaun's room on his shelf. They actually have the letters ICBM facing towars you (which stands for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile) and just thought I'd share it with the community because I thought it was a nice touch.

submitted by /u/OGYoungSammich
[link] [comments]

Feelin a bit festive this year, so I got myself some nice little fallout ornaments!

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 10:20 AM PST

200 best gaming hours ever - Fallout 4 Survival

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 02:14 PM PST

First of all, I pretty much ignored the main story and only progressed it when it was convenient as this is my second playthrough. Now that that's out of the way, here are my settings and mods plus rationalizations. Also, Far Harbour is amazing.

Mods list

Survival Go-Bags. I just use the plain duffel bag as I rationalized the long guns would fit inside.

All the Vivid Fallout graphics mods though I'm not sure if they are doing anything on top of the HD Textures patch

Realistic Ragdoll

Survival Options. The only non-vanilla setting I used was 3.2x damage received/given to increase realism of combat AND autosave when waiting. Another Redditor suggested I adjust the timescaling to make bodily needs more realistic. I'm currently using timescale 4.

Enhanced blood textures

Fallout 4 Color Correction.

True Storms with Rad rain

Parameters:

Initial Strength set to 2 which allows for 100 pounds of weight. Apparently that's what a real marine lugs around on extended patrols. Strength never to exceed 3 to maintain realistic inventory weight.

I also put a +2 hard cap (from initial) on stats that would not realistically improve no matter how hard I trained (Intelligence, and Perception). +4 hard cap on stats that would improve in real life with training (Endurance, Charisma, and Agility). Modifiers from chems and gear OK though. I understand this meant missing out on a lot of perks.

No limit on Luck.

Companions only as plot required

No settlement crafting beyond setting them up as I would likely never do this in real life. I do return to Diamond City and nearby settlements every once in a while for a good night's sleep on a bed. But it's far between, especially with no fast travel.

This resulted in a very thoughtful, if not highly conservative play style. As I got further along, I found myself avoiding a lot more fights than I was used to. This mirrored how I played Neo Scavenger, Long Dark and likely what I would do in real life ie. sneaking around and only fighting if I'm absolutely sure I will win unscathed. Fighting not only risks injury, but drains chems and drink. The search for chems, aid and food/drink and safe place to sleep became all consuming in service of the various quest tasks.

All in all, I've got to say, as someone who's enjoyed the Fallout universe for as long as it's been in existence, I think FO4 has become my favorite of them all. As many say, it might not be the best Fallout game, I think it's the best overall game of them all.

Any mod suggestions on how I may improve realism? Thanks

submitted by /u/civgarth
[link] [comments]

Who's the worst fallout character?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 07:40 AM PST

Not who is the most evil or corrupt just who is the most unlikable. Who did you personally think was the most insufferable annoying character

submitted by /u/hazylight
[link] [comments]

What Fallout 4 companion really appealed to you after travelling with them for a while?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 05:03 AM PST

Was there a FO4 companion that you genuinely felt close to, as if they were an actually friend of yours? This is mostly based on a companions personality rather than their ability in combat. Very curious of people's opinions. Thank you in advanced for your contribution :-)

submitted by /u/Renroh2003
[link] [comments]

My Condensed Fallout Collection

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 10:22 PM PST

Interview with Rob Vogel (fadingsignal) about his work on Creation Club.

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 07:31 AM PST

The creator of the modular backpack and modern furniture pack gives an interview with some interesting insight into the creation club. https://bethesda.net/en/article/R7ZiPWMmqsQiaCwQWYKgq/creation-club-spotlight-rob-vogel-fadingsignal

submitted by /u/jcvynn
[link] [comments]

[F04] Where can I learn to make mods?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 10:11 AM PST

Title says it all, interested in modding.

submitted by /u/dantheman162
[link] [comments]

I don’t know if people know this, but apparently Emil Pagliarulo is now a Design Director at BGS and no longer Lead Writer

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 11:09 AM PST

I see this as them moving him somewhere to where he feels more comfortable, as well as an opportunity for a new Lead to step into the fold.

submitted by /u/rfriar
[link] [comments]

Playing fallout 3 and still don’t have a companion??

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 11:28 AM PST

I'm lvl 13 and I've just discovered the ghoul city and got the quest to kill tenpenny from one of the ghouls. I've also blown up megaton. I still haven't ran into a companion yet can someone point me in the right direction . This is my first play through and I'm trying not to spoil the game by looking up guides just need a nudge in the right direction.

submitted by /u/philskrill
[link] [comments]

[TIPS]Just started FO4, gimmie some pointers

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 03:04 PM PST

Hey yall I just started my playthrough and I had a couple questions:

  1. How does modding work? I made a new .ini folder with the stuff NexusMods told me to put in it and I installed NexusMod installer and downloaded a couple mods with it but theyre not showing up in game even after I installed the mods and stuff. What am I doing wrong?

  2. Power armor. You guys werent wrong about me getting the power armor early holy shit. If I hop out of my power armor and leave it, where does it go? I dont wanna lose my armor forever but I also dont wanna walk around wearing it all the time.

submitted by /u/Banbaur
[link] [comments]

I still can’t believe diamond city had one bookcase where the wall used to be. God when piper told me that I fell off my bed laughing!

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 12:01 PM PST

Swamp Pip Boy and Power Armour is now free on the creation club.

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 02:31 AM PST

Good for PS4 users.

submitted by /u/HarraReeves_
[link] [comments]

Relaxed melee stance

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 06:08 AM PST

Hi... is there a mod that allows the character to hold the bat down by his side when walking or standing relaxed?

submitted by /u/civgarth
[link] [comments]

[FO4] [XBOX] Will I lose games and mod compatibility if I buy GOTY?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 02:29 PM PST

My boyfriend gave me his Xbox One now that he bought the One X. Fallout 4 is pretty much the only game I play on it, but it's on disc and I would somewhat prefer to have the game digitally instead just because it seems simpler for moving and stuff. But I am also super slow at the game (30+ hours and level 17...) and don't want to lose my files or achievements, plus I'm not clear if mods will still be compatible with GOTY and I'd like to still be able to use them eventually. My instinct is that it should all work together with no problem because GOTY is essentially just a bundle package of the base game and all the DLC but I know so little about the mechanics of video games that I'm doubting my instincts. Help?

submitted by /u/Hurdlelocker
[link] [comments]

Need some quick weapon help.

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 01:35 PM PST

Ok so I'm not sure if I'm just stupid or what but i never pick off guns off of enemies because I thought there were only better if they had that plus next to them. Well now I'm fighting guys and it takes way more bullets than I expected to kill them. So I picked up a laser pistol from a gunner and it looked way better than a couple of my guns. So my question is-do i pick up guns off of enemies?

submitted by /u/emtpilot
[link] [comments]

Could a realistic fallout game be fun?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 11:20 AM PST

I realise that RPG nature is ingrained in Fallout as a series, but would a realistic survival game based on this universe be fun? I personally believe yes, if done right.

submitted by /u/Kiesa5
[link] [comments]

Grufffydd’s signs and posters mod

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 07:40 AM PST

So I recently installed this and I was hoping to be able to put railsigns but they require "GSP White Paint". I've checked the vendors and no one seems to have it. Anyone happen to know where to find it? (I'm on XB1)

submitted by /u/chipm8
[link] [comments]

So can somebody explain what the controvers About creation club is?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 03:01 PM PST

So I was admiddliy one of the people who were pissed about creation club. However beyond being a somewhat disappointing announcement at an event at e3 (and some of the it being overpriced imo) I don't remember why I was so angry about paid mods.

Obviously I prefer free mods but Bethesda has continued to support them and as far as I see creation club is just a way to pay a bit to ensure quality and compatibility (and support the modding community)

I'm just pondering because I'm considering buying some workshop things.

The only complaint I have is that you can't just pay in dollars for a particular md and have to purchase points

submitted by /u/BatmanofSteeI
[link] [comments]

I played in a row all Fallout games, from original to 4, including PS2 version, tactics and etc. Here is what i can say.

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 06:49 PM PST

I gathered huge Fallout merch collection, bought all Fallout games, from original to Fallout 4, including PS2 version, Tactics, etc. (I did my research). Played them all.

I say, you simply can't compare Fallout games one to another. Every single game is a unique and different game in the same universe. I think it is just hype, to find insignificant differences between Interplay's Fallout and Bethesda's Fallout, and make it big.

Here is my collection i was able to gather looking all over eBay. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5fhR8mjkng

submitted by /u/Lizzardboy2010
[link] [comments]

What's the best way to make a 4 replay feel different?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 04:15 AM PST

I finished Fallout 4 about a year ago, and have since realised I missed a lot of content. I'm not really a fan of replaying story driven games (even NV I usually get bored of whatever gimmick I'm trying and either rush to the end or give up entirely), but a tonne of the content I missed sounds interesting and I want to try it without going on a scavenger hunt for it post-game or starting afresh and replaying a tonne of content I've already seen.

Last time, I played a CG high charisma Railroad agent with no mods. What mods/gimmicks/different story routes would give me the most different experience?

EDIT: On PC, gun playthrough last time.

submitted by /u/MontgomeryKhan
[link] [comments]

Opinions on survival mode in Fallout 4?

Posted: 16 Dec 2017 02:22 PM PST

I completed the main story in Fallout 4. I am playing from the beginning on survival mode difficulty. Has anyone completed the game on survival mode or find it a huge challenge?

submitted by /u/Hyperiongame
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.