Fallout - I just found my favorite momment in fallout4


I just found my favorite momment in fallout4

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 12:51 AM PST

So i wandered into covenant with Codsworth and saw Deezer. Before I could start conversation with Deezer; Codsworth hovered over and spoke with him.

Codesworth said how he was glad to meet another Mr Handy but then he got disappointed (and maybe a little sad) after it became clear Deezer's programming was so messed up that he coudlnt see why a robot wouldnt want to buy a glass of lemonade.

Bethesda may not be the best at stories but they can write some pretty good conversations

submitted by /u/ILikeOranges65
[link] [comments]

I think the Brotherhood of Steel is trying to kill me.

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 05:48 AM PST

I just started a new roleplaying playthrough and skirted Sanctuary/Concord (shellshocked and couldn't face the ruins of the old neighborhood) so that the first people I really encountered ended up being Danse Paladin's squad through their radio distress beacon. I ended up helping them with a few more things and accepted Danse's offer to become an Initiate after he was impressed by my impromptu on the job performance.

But now Scribe Haylen - in her very first assignment to me, literally five minutes after I got sworn in - sent me to Rayburn Point in Far Harbor. Other than Righteous Authority I don't have anything but a 10mm pistol. I'm still wearing street clothes that I pulled off a dead body at Wicked Shipping because I was afraid the vault suit would make me stand out too much. It's bad enough that Rhys is mean-girling me every five minutes, but pretending to be nice to me and then sending me to the most dangerous far northern ass-end of the Commonwealth is a little much.

So my question is, should I take this suicide mission at like Level 6 to prove myself to the Brotherhood even though they are very obviously trying to get me killed, or am I going to get smeared into a fine paste? I have almost nothing unlocked on the map and I'm trying to avoid fast travel, so it's going to be a long haul either way.

Also any ideas for a Brotherhood of Steel build while I'm still fresh? So far I've only perked Science! (to study technology) and Attack Dog (because I love Dogmeat).

submitted by /u/danceswithronin
[link] [comments]

What are YOUR ideas for Vault Experiments?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 10:44 AM PST

Ranging from despicable ones like Vault 77 or weird ones like Vault 69, show me what you've got!

submitted by /u/NuclearWalrusNetwork
[link] [comments]

So what happens if you meet Preston Garvey for the 1st time AFTER completing the main quest AND becoming a raider warlord?

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 04:32 PM PST

Over the weekend, I completed the Nuka-World quest "Power Play" and became a raider warlord. This was in a FO4 playthrough where I had literally never set foot in Concord earlier in the game, thus never activating the script that causes Preston Garvey & his entourage to spawn. I just skipped past the town, completed the game on the side of the Brotherhood and then went to Nuka-World.

After establishing my umpteenth raider settlement, I was curious to see how this impacted the "meet the Minutemen" part of the game. After all, by this point in my game the Institute & Railroad were destroyed, the Brotherhood controlled the Commonwealth and most of the potential settlement sites were filled with raiders. What would this do to the script that starts the Minutemen questline?

Well, it doesn't literally break the game but it is funny/strange/kind of sad. The Sole Survivor, about Level 100, walked into Concord in a full suit of maxed-out X-01 Power Armor from Nuka-World, punching the heads off of the raiders. There were some weird glitches, though I don't know what caused them. At one point Preston Garvey fell from the museum balcony area where he first appears, then teleported back inside. Some raiders inside the museum became briefly invisible, possibly because the Sole Survivor avoided the usual route and instead used a jet pack to hop to the top interior level.

In the first meeting, I chose all of the curt, dismissive answers. Sturges does have dialogue where he mentions that the player already has power armor but Garvey still directs the player to the (in this case much shittier) T-45 suit on the roof. The Sole Survivor walked past that and the minigun and instead just punched the Concord deathclaw's head clean off. Back to the museum where Garvey thanks the Sole Survivor, says they may be the salvation of the Commonwealth and announces that he & his friends are moving into Sanctuary. Fast forward just a few minutes later inside Sanctuary where Garvey suddenly loses his shit and cusses the Sole Survivor out: "Did you think I wouldn't find out what you have been up to?!?!"

Well, yeah, given that you have been locked inside a single building for several months now in-game, I kind of figured you were out of the loop, Preston.

He refuses to have anything to do with the person that saved him a few minutes earlier. But hey, he explains, if the Sole Survivor turns on the raider army and kills all of them, then he will forgive and work with them to rebuild the Commonwealth. He tells the Sole Survivor --somebody that, again, he has only known for a few minutes-- that he has faith that I will do the right thing. Why, I have no idea, but he does.

In short, Garvey in this particular scenario comes across as having cracked under the strain of having lost the Minutemen.

submitted by /u/MrFredCDobbs
[link] [comments]

New playthrough - 1950s housewife build?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 03:22 AM PST

Hey all, Decided to start with Fallout 4 again after jut completing Fallout 3. First of all, it is so interesting how everything feels when comparing the two.Now I know that FO3 has some more years to it but still!

Secondly the build. I asked friends and people in my community for a new build to run with and this is what we came up with.

A 1950s housewife. Realizing that the world is gone and she has lost her son she immediatly tries to get a hold of alcohol which later leads to numbing drugs. Addicted to both ofc.

She is an intelligent woman who is polite to the people she meet. Until she gets to know what synths are. She starts to hate synths and the fact that they have been created. She also starts to become paranoid and thinks that every human she meets is a synth so being polite to everyone starts to become more and more difficult with time.

She can only use melee weapons since she has not fired a weapons in her entire life. And she wants to look good even though she is in the wasteland so finding a dress is right now are no. 1 priority ^

That is the basics of this build anyway. Might mix a few things around as it goes.

Any tips on good melee weapons to get in the start? I remember that Pickman knife being quite nasty but any other weapons?

submitted by /u/azeriath
[link] [comments]

Robots and Synths

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 09:23 AM PST

So I've been playing fallout 4 for about a month and have a question: why are synths hated by groups such as BoS for being sentient, but robots like Codsworth and Curie are completely accepted, despite also having a decent degree of sentience? Sure synths appear and act more human, but both robots and synths show 'feelings'. Maybe I'm being picky or missing something, but whatever :P

submitted by /u/Rosie_on_pc
[link] [comments]

Good non game changing mods for New Vegas?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 08:31 AM PST

What are some good mods that don't really change much? I'm looking for quest weapons and utility mods specifically, but other recommendations would be appreciated as well. Thank you.

submitted by /u/gurper_slurper
[link] [comments]

Who is your most hated character in the series?

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 06:37 PM PST

For me it has to be Jeannie May Crawford. She's completely uptight and snobby about Novac, and then there's that "incident" involving a certain companion(not going to release spoilers in the event someone SOMEHOW hasn't played New Vegas). Worse than Marcy Long in my opinion.

submitted by /u/TryAndDoxMe
[link] [comments]

Really interesting video from the US National Archives of a talk given by Garrett Graff about the US Gov't's plan to save itself in a nuclear holocaust. Mentions Raven Rock, makes the Fallout 3 one feel pretty rinky dink.

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 01:41 PM PST

1st or 3rd person?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 07:07 AM PST

Which do you find better? More immersive?

submitted by /u/FriendoftheWastes
[link] [comments]

FONV, looking for a mod that labels which items are food/water

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 10:44 AM PST

I watched a roleplay series a while back that had a mod installed. that labeled what items where food, and water. As well as ammo, weapons, ect. But i can't remember what it was called. I want to download it to make playing in survival mode easier.

submitted by /u/Nizio_Hid-Den
[link] [comments]

New Vegas music issue (horrible skipping/stuttering)

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 09:25 AM PST

Hey, I recently purchased Fallout New Vegas on steam, however the game appears to not play nicely with Windows 10. The problem is that after a while, the music playback stops functioning properly and you get nasty skipping or popping which isn't pleasant to listen to.

I've found out that this might be something wrong with the codecs on my system, I saw this registry patcher that potentially fixes the issue: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35868/? However this was made in 2010 and only supports up to windows 7. I'm hesitant to run anything that affects my registry when it wasn't even designed for windows 10 or 8.

If anyone is aware of any fixes or more information on this problem (or can confirm that program is safe to use on windows 10), it would be much appreciated.

submitted by /u/SpaceToad
[link] [comments]

Who is your favorite companion in the Fallout series ?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 12:39 AM PST

Mine would be ED-E mostly because of the fact that with him I can craft stuff wherever and whenever.

submitted by /u/Motalux
[link] [comments]

FONV: AP doesn't fully refill when using Project Nevada

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 09:49 AM PST

The AP will fill almost all of the way. But will stop 3-4 ticks short of full. It's not a big issue, but it's very odd. Does anyone know the cause?

submitted by /u/GravelsNotAFood
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 keeps crashing[PS4]

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 01:22 PM PST

I'm near the garden oasis with the robots working and the game keeps on crashing no matter what I do. When I quick save it crashes, when I fast travel it crashes or when I discover a new place it crashes. I should also point out that this is a transferred save and that I still haven't downloaded all my dlc on my current system but I have played the game with the dlc on my 2nd PS4 which is the original location of the save file. Is that why this is happening also I'm running the latest patch of the game.

submitted by /u/chewbaka97
[link] [comments]

Just another person complaining about Fall out 4

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 03:11 PM PST

I was playing my character as sort of in shock, not showing much emotion and reluctant to share information or trust anyone. Over time the absurdity of the Commonwealth made her sarcastic and overconfident.
I was pretty bored of the repeated shooting galleries, but when I found Nick Valentine I actually got excited. I did my hair up, put on a sexy dress and walked in doing a PI narration in my head, "Trouble walked in etc etc"
Of course my tough, distrustful character immediately trusted Nick completely and showed a ton of vulnerability. Silly me for starting to enjoy the game any way other than the one intended way.

I loved the Silver Shroud bit though, that was genius.

submitted by /u/niko4ever
[link] [comments]

Your least favorite missions in Fallout history

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 02:19 PM PST

DiMAs puzzle, specifically the last one, or the grade retrieval tests in OWB that you have to do 50 fucking times

submitted by /u/Chaloby
[link] [comments]

Question about activating all random events and others

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 11:58 AM PST

Hello, new to the forum and I am prob gonna do terrible at explaining but here it goes. I would like to play the game with all factions activated. I know that the brotherhood of steel random events don't happen until the Kellogg mission obviously and I'm not sure what others their are. I believe once you get to the institute corsers become a random event aswell? Sorry I'm terrible at explaining if anyone can help me out it would be appreciated very much thank you

submitted by /u/BtwImIron
[link] [comments]

Wow, Rad trick Vincent!!

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 08:30 AM PST

I found this old photo of what appears to be Vincent standing on the back of a motorcycle?! https://twitter.com/deathink/status/938082628263014400

submitted by /u/DeathPaint
[link] [comments]

[Question] FO4: Are there any settlements that exist on top of an overpass? Any mods that might do the trick?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 01:15 PM PST

I'd really love to have a settlement that exists way high up on those overpasses, like some of the raider camps. I'm open to mods that make this possible as well, thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Something___Clever
[link] [comments]

Is FO4 worth a replay on PS4?

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 08:11 AM PST

Hey guys, I bought FO4 on release and completed it with the standard storyline (sided with Brotherhood of Steel). I have been missing the Fallout world and I'm debating diving back in, but I'm wondering if enough has changed/been released via expansions to make a replay worth it? Like, when I first completed Skyrim and then came back a few years later all the mods and DLC were like a new game.

Just looking to gauge opinions and see if it's worth adding back to my list.

submitted by /u/Groundfighter
[link] [comments]

Possible cool idea that would have been cool in fallout 4

Posted: 04 Dec 2017 09:35 PM PST

What if at each settlement you could do a special objective that was kinda substantive. Maybe at spectacle island you could build a bridge to the main land which would allow for caravans to trade with you. Maybe at Abernathy farm you could make some more coops or housing for animals and this would generate some form of revenue from Blake. Sanctuary you could rebuild the bridge with some added defenses, and maybe you could redo your house:patch up the roof and walls, cleaner floors etc. Rebuild the walls at the castle. And many more... Well you guys get the idea what do you think. I think this would have been awesome and would have inspired me to build at each settlement.

submitted by /u/Cado111
[link] [comments]

I just completed Fallout NV and in short.. wow

Posted: 05 Dec 2017 03:36 PM PST

I was a fan of Fallout for a while, mostly just lore videos, I bought Fallout 4 and completed it multiple times and now I've completely Finished Fallout New Vegas.

Wow

It's such a great game and I can now see what all the fame surrounding the game is about. There's so much to do and see with complex stories and characters along the way. It's just so much more satisfying to make your way from Goodsprings to Hoover Dam than from Vault 111 to the Institute.

Thanks Obsidian

submitted by /u/Garbingerby
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.