Do you ever salvage the weapons and gear of Modern civilization or do you craft your own? 7 Days To Die


Do you ever salvage the weapons and gear of Modern civilization or do you craft your own?

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 07:53 PM PST

I'm talking about a challenge you give yourself when playing the game. For example, if you go the DIY route, you're pretty much limiting yourself to weapons, clothing, and armor you make by your own power without any help from manufactured gear and from the trader. It's an interesting concept that occured to me while I was reading George R. Stewart's Earth Abides, which is about a pandemic that killed off 99.9 percent of humanity in the late 1940's. The way Stewart puts it is that future generations resort to more primitive and preceding technologies after the tools and equipment of an industrial society wore out.

Since this nuclear war/ zombie apocalypse destroyed society, I could see how the player in the game can be in this situation. In fact, you pretty much make your own gear out of stone, sticks, and grass to start off the early game. During mid to late game, using manufactured weapons requires the knowledge to craft and assemble weapons and ammunition. However, crafting ammo is expensive and firearms wear out from use. The trader is there to make purchasing ammo easier, but you can also gather stone, paper, and gunpowder from the natural environment to make blunderbuss ammo; or you can gather stone, sticks, and feathers to make improvised arrows for the bow. They're easier to attain on the fly and you do not have to spend a lot of time on the forge to craft bullets, buckshots, and arrowheads to make more ammo.

In my playthrough, I managed to acquire purple quality weapons and used the hell out of them, then I realized I do not have repair kits on hand to maintain them. Making the repair kits is expensive and takes a long time, so I switched back to the blunderbuss and bow for my casual chores and only use the weapons when I need them. (I kept the rifle on me for hunting purposes only, not for shooting zombies at a distance.)

TD;DR: Managed to get factory-made gear until they wore out, switched to the DIY improvised weapons in the meantime. Anyone have a preference on what to use?

submitted by /u/Posternal
[link] [comments]

Can anyone fill me in on what's changed since around console release?

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 12:57 PM PST

I'm just getting back into the game recently. I played a good amount when the game first released on PS4, but gave up when my worlds kept corrupting and the game crashed every twenty minutes.

Can anyone fill me in on what's changed since then? I'm aware most of the crashing has been fixed, but is there anything content wise I need to know? Also, should I start up with Navezgame again or go to random Gen?

submitted by /u/BeyondKaos
[link] [comments]

Can you open gun safe with a weapon/gun?

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 03:55 PM PST

Hello all,

I know you can use axes/pickaxes to open the locked gun safes but do any weapons work? Could I take a blunderbuss or shotgun and blow open the lock? Or am I confined to beating on the safe until it opens?

Thanks

-Caradog08

submitted by /u/Caradog08
[link] [comments]

New player performance issues.

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 04:07 PM PST

Hello peeps,

Basically I have bought the game long time ago and I ve been watching many yt videos. I have now decided it's time to play!

Well, unfortunately the game does not go past 20fps, like it's stuck, but it does go below 20!!!.

Now my pc isn't the best rig in the world, but I can easily say its above average -> Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M

RAM 16 GB

I've googled quite a bit and tried quite a few easy fixes but nothing seems to work.

My question for you guys is, what can I do ?

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/freyafo
[link] [comments]

Weird thing I’ve been experiencing on Xbox one version

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 07:57 PM PST

While playing my character as randomly been tilting his head to face the sky even though I'm not touching the right analog stick and I don't know how to fix it or what is causing it

submitted by /u/Hunterreaper
[link] [comments]

Structural integrity bug?

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 01:18 PM PST

I have no idea what is causing this, but it is absolutely infuriating. And if i'm messing something up/doing it wrong, any tips would be appreciated.

so i am trying to build a farming plot on stilts, which i have done many times, but for some reason it's just not working out, let me explain..

so normally i make a 3x3 pillar, with the last row before the floor having three extra blocks on each side, making it look like a plus https://gyazo.com/9a901a8af0c200cb9dbea87bba29565f

and then the top is 9x9, then the soil gets put on the 9x9 top and its fine, it stands, its got about 50 mass wiggle room before collapsing, and all is well, then i make the exact same structure down to a tee, 10 blocks away, and it just collapses non stop, its on the same surface type, its the same 3x3, the same plus, into 9x9, same soil, same literally everything, but it collapses. i have no idea why, and it's really getting on my nerves. On a different server i managed to make an 11x11 top off of a single 3x3 middle pillar, and now it's shitting itself to hold 9x9. someone help. i can add screen shots if needed

submitted by /u/zylon0217
[link] [comments]

Don't want boring horde nights and want faster gamestage for more intense gameplay. This is the video for you!

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 12:44 AM PST

Trader never opens.

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 12:44 AM PST

Playing on PC. How do I put that tag in the title?

Anywho. Has anyone found a fix for the trader not working? Tried restarting the server. Doesn't seem to have any effect. If there's a console command for it, I can't find it.

submitted by /u/xxxtogxxx
[link] [comments]

PS4 weird bug.

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 05:20 AM PST

Ok so I have a game where I took over the trailer park southeast of the hospital. I read you can prevent spawns inside your base by covering the ground so I covered the entire ground with wood frames and repaired them all twice. It was fine for awhile but now I have a 2X2 empty hole in the middle of my frames where I can't build. The weird part is I can actually hit something inside the hole, but when I destroy it a frame 2 squares away breaks. Any idea what's going on? I tried a restart and that didn't work.

submitted by /u/Konebred
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.