World of Warcraft - Thursday Loot Thread


Thursday Loot Thread

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 02:07 AM PST

Let us know what you got this week! Achievements, meta-achievements, mounts, pets, actual loot drops, gold thresholds, or other things that you can say, "Oooh, I got this" and be excited about. Post them here! Screenshots are encouraged but not necessary.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

So with scaling old world zones you can finally level to 60... By killing 65,340,285 boars!

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 03:48 AM PST

As a long time player, if there's something I miss from the past it's the Night Mode. PLEASE Blizzard bring it back as an option in BFA

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 07:06 AM PST

When people realize how long it's going to take for Classic to release

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 09:11 AM PST

(fanart) Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent sculpture

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 06:31 AM PST

Draenei Males Are Finally Badass Next Expansion

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 10:42 AM PST

Whether or not you're a fan of Sylvanas, I think we can all agree who the next Warchief should be...

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 11:00 AM PST

We know...

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 07:59 AM PST

I am completely obsessed with the BFA cinematic. Anyone else?

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 11:00 AM PST

I can't stop watching it. I've watched the actual trailer....probably dozens of times at this point. I love watching the reaction at Blizzcon and other reaction videos. (I NEVER watch reaction videos!)

The music, art direction, just everything is so damned good. And no matter how many times I watch it, I still get goosebumps at "For the Horde!"

I'm curious: Does anyone have anything they dislike about it?

submitted by /u/bgzkinsella
[link] [comments]

Shaman T21 makes a bit more sense now that we know next expac will be Troll heavy

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 01:04 PM PST

The only thing I want in BfA: Icepick Grip Dagger Animations

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 04:42 AM PST

Battle for Azeroth summed up

Posted: 08 Nov 2017 03:41 PM PST

And people say Sylvanas did it...

Posted: 08 Nov 2017 07:21 PM PST

Eastern Kingdoms Making Some Room

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 01:50 PM PST

Outlaw Rogue Jaecyn of Area 52, by Jarett Walen [me! I'm the artist!]

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 11:52 AM PST

This week I accidentally discovered that most people are terrible...

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 09:10 AM PST

I've been levelling/gearing my disc priest and I made a ton of "target of target" macros for my damaging abilities so I could keep a group member targeted and DPS his current target.

The amount of time that some players spend with a dead enemy as their target would amaze you. Well to be fair it's not always a dead enemy, some times it's an enemy way far away that isn't even in range of my casts much less their melee abilities. And sometimes they have nothing targeted at all for alarmingly long periods of time!

It's unbelievable. And by that I mean that I did not believe it and thought my macros were broken, but they aren't. Your average PUB random in group finder is just that bad. It's freaking crazy.

My favorite moment so far is the rogue who had a dead mob targeted and just kept running in circles around the group we were fighting like he was doing something for the entire pull.

I'm not even an elitist jerk, I haven't raided above normal this whole expansion, I've been super casual for years now, but this just baffled me.

TL;DR: Make a target of target macro for one of your frequently used DPS abilities and learn how much time your group mates are spending trying to kill dead guys.

edit: Since so many people aren't reading the other comments where I explain my setup and keep saying the exact same thing let me explain something:

My heals are all on macros the macros choose their target first by checking my mouseover target, if it is friendly it heals the mouseover target, if it is hostile or if I have no mouseover target then it heals my current target, if my current target is hostile it heals his target, if all of that fails it heals me, if I hold my modifier it heals my focus target.

The way this works in practice is that I can keep the tank set as my focus, whichever DPS needs the most attention as my current target, and mouseover heal the group/raid as needed. To DPS I simply press an offensive ability and it will be cast on whoever the DPS I have selected as my current target is attacking.

submitted by /u/feeling_shitty
[link] [comments]

This entire time, Blizz had a quest to teach us how to NOT keyboard turn

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 07:29 AM PST

I had a sudden realization while at the Darkmoon Faire today: the shooting gallery quest was designed for you to use your right mouse button to turn and aim.

submitted by /u/acctg
[link] [comments]

The thought of possibly losing the Undercity..

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 11:10 AM PST

I can't imagine it, I've always played forsaken and always spent a lot of time in the UC. I can't wait to see how BfA will transpire.

submitted by /u/RafteredThane
[link] [comments]

Why must blizzard tease thy taurens?

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 02:10 AM PST

Not sure how I feel about this battle for my doomguard

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 05:12 AM PST

Got a pretty interesting name for my abomination.

Posted: 08 Nov 2017 10:27 PM PST

Changes to character services. Can no longer use credit card on services besides in game

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 11:13 AM PST

Blizzard: Let engineers summon in BfA... With a chance to kill or swap places with the target.

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 01:19 PM PST

Summoning is perhaps the last remaining relic of a time when individual classes were allowed complete monopolies on various raid utilities. At the same time, engineer's haven't received an item with any meaningful raid value since Jeeves, in Wrath of the Lich King. (I'd give goblin gliders an honorable mention, but as of Legion they're useless in dungeons/raids).

.

With due respect for the Warlocks' iconic ability, and in keeping with the fun, high risk, niche theme of engineering, here is my proposal:

.

Allow engineers to construct an item that can be used to summon a target party/raid member on a 1hr cooldown, with a 15% chance to have the engineer and the target simply swap places. This way, engineers couldn't replace warlocks as raid summoners, but could allow for the summoning of, for example, a replacement tank after someone has to leave, or a re-summon of a player who forgot his seals, etc. (You could add potential for other minor, amusing malfunctions as well, such as a 10% chance to successfully summon, but instantly kill the target, or to have the summoned player and the engineer swap appearances for 10min!) In my vision, the summon would require only the engineer, allowing solo players to summon a friend in the open world, or bring a second player to a summoning stone to start summoning the rest of a party/raid.

.

As is tradition, it'd be a bigass gold sink for the engineer to grind/purchase the required materials to build it (which is always nice for the economy as a whole), but it would add a renewed sense of fun and value to the profession, without undermining the usefulness of warlocks' unfettered ability to summon an entire raid.

.

What do you think?

Edit(s): Words, formatting, added another minor-malfunction idea.

submitted by /u/Aieoshekai
[link] [comments]

The Mag'har -- or AT LEAST the Warsong -- should be an Allied Race (I'd also vote Vrykul, maybe using Human animations to fill in the missing animations)

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 07:09 AM PST

Seriously; the brown-skinned Orcs look great, ESPECIALLY those with the Warsong tattoos! That, coupled with yellow eyes, to be would make for the baddest of Orc Warriors.

Also, if Vrykul ever make there way into the game, I demand a harpoon to drag your opponent to you, titled "Get over hjere".

submitted by /u/Jcorb
[link] [comments]

FeelsBadMan

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 02:13 AM PST

Logged on my old main from Cata, sad to see a dead guild. Like looking at tombstones of old friends.

Posted: 09 Nov 2017 09:29 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.