Fallout - Given how Fallout 4 was much more vertical than the other games, I find it odd that there were no settlements on top of high locations.


Given how Fallout 4 was much more vertical than the other games, I find it odd that there were no settlements on top of high locations.

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 04:55 AM PDT

A town on top of a highway overpass or skyscraper could have been a cool thing to stumble across. What do you think?

submitted by /u/LighthousePilgrim
[link] [comments]

Listen, it's been a while and I think we're beginning to forget that the Tunnel Snakes rule.

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 01:40 PM PDT

Tunnel Snakes rule!

submitted by /u/nthdayoncaprica
[link] [comments]

So i turned Fallout 4 into a surreal Mirror's Edge game, 2 year project, hours of challenging fun!

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 06:26 AM PDT

VIDEO: (20 minutes long, its been a while since i rendered something, so i wasn't sure about codecs. Used MP4 since it gives reasonable filesize. The x264 render wouldv't been 10GB or something... Thus the quality is a bit bad at some parts unfortunately, but it's acceptable for the most part. So apologies beforehand)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=379G2ULgHjc


NEXUS link with all files and additional info:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27713?


Greetings

I have posted about this a year ago and then kinda stopped working on it, but in the recent weeks i started working on it again and it reached a playable state. Over the course of 2 years on/off, i built this by hand. It is an attempt to combine Mirror's Edge freerunning gameplay with Fallout 4. I got the idea during developement of Mirror's Edge Catalyst in Jan.2016 when i heard it goes open world and went on from there. The final game was exactly what i imagined and i quite achieved something similar in FO4.

My goal was to use Bostons environments and tall buildings to build nice and challenging running routes, which are easy to learn but hard to master if you run them with fullspeed. You have to try it out yourself and judge, if it's something that is fun to you!

In the video i explain everything in detail and you also got many exciting runs to see what it's all about. I aplogize for the quality at some parts ion the video, it's a been since i rendered a video and youtube kinda obliteres the mp4 codec. x264 was better quality, but too big in filesize. That wouldv'e resulted in a 10gb videofile or something, maybe ill upload it at a later date, my potatoe and my relatively slow internet are not really up to the task for this.


I even set up a little lore for this. Basically they found something in the Memory Den, the device was upgraded and allows to enter this surreal world. It's purpose so far is unclear, all there is now is that you have to complete the runs to progress further. I was planning a lore part for the video aswell, but it's better to leave that up to creative minds for now.

This is something completely out of the ordinary and not lore friendly or something, you could call it a 'Themepark savegame' with a new gamemode. Like you insert game cartridges in your Pip-Boy, you load up the savegame and try running the tracks.

I hope you enjoy the video and give this a shot. I worked really hard on this and it would be a joy to hear feedback from you, especially the Mirror's Edge fans who are lurking.

MODS USED: F4SE (Fallout 4 Script Extender) Place Everywhere DDP AIO Standalone

DDP ramps & rails Snap n' Build Greenhouse (both not available anymore, DDP is even banned..) check download section, youll need these two since back in 2016 i used these to build and the newer packages made all parts dissapear. Only needed for the Mass Fusion Marathon savefile, the newroute i built, uses the new files.

Decoration (not really needed): Homemaker OCDecorator Do it Yourshelf Wall Oil Lamps Cryo Pods and Memory Den Beds Hide Pip-Boy Faith Connors Customization Colored Workshop Lights Spiral Staircases by DDP (optional downloads) Wasteland Workshop DLC (power generator)

If you got feedback or tried it yourself, please let me know. I am excited to know if enjoyed it!

ENJOY!

submitted by /u/BroccoliThunder
[link] [comments]

Why did Fallout 4 add the Gunners when there were already Talon Company?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 09:31 AM PDT

I've been playing Fallout 3 again recently and I am getting hunted down by Talon. And then I realized that they are literally the Gunners to a T. They have combat armor, heavily militarized, do contracts, and are generally assholes. So why did we get Gunners in Fallout 4?

Another example of something be replaced for seemingly no reason, is why did Centaurs get replaced by Mutant Dogs? In Fallout 3, Centaurs are the watch dogs for the Mutants. So they literally created a whole new creature (which IMO is way less cool) instead of making Centaurs. There were even Centaurs in the concept art book and they looked damn cool!

submitted by /u/ShadowLegionary
[link] [comments]

Is the Lone Wanderer happy in your play-through?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 09:45 AM PDT

This is a weird question but I was thinking about my character in Fallout 3. My role-play style is a character who is resistant to the call-to-action but perseveres in order to save his father and return his life the way it was.

He becomes a very capable survivalist but ultimately wants nothing more than to return to the vault and his former life. After his father dies and he is barred from returning to his vault, his world crashes around him. He is stuck in the wasteland.

He has become a hero to the Capital and the Brotherhood, has the best armor and weapons available to a wastelander, and has destroyed an army base practically single-handedly.

But to me, my character is miserable. His family, friends, and lifestyle are gone. His innocence forever destroyed because of things he has seen and had to do.

He kept fighting because he had something to fight for. To find his dad and return to his vault and to Amata. But now those goals are lost to him.

With the way you play, is the Lone Wanderer happy? What is their outlook? How do they see their past? And what do they see in their future?

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/weplantsarehappy
[link] [comments]

TIL The Legion Coins have weight ingame... and they are equal to their real life equivalents

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 02:22 PM PDT

I found this out while messing around with the GECK.
1 Legion Denarius = .008 ingame and 3.9 grams in real life. 3.9 grams = .0085 pounds in real life.
1 Legion Aureus = .0176 ingame and 8 grams in real life. 8 grams = .0176 pounds in real life.
Neat!

submitted by /u/AngryMudcrabWantsRum
[link] [comments]

TIL That Diamond City celebrates Halloween

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 12:13 PM PDT

I knew about Christmas never knew about Halloween cool to seeDiamond City Halloween

submitted by /u/vaulttecdweller111
[link] [comments]

What's the most annoying thing in fallout?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 02:01 PM PDT

for me it's talon mercenaries, I'm sick of getting out of the metro station full of ghoul scratches and then having to deal with these douchebags

submitted by /u/AnonCaptain002
[link] [comments]

What mods to any of the Fallout games do you consider canon?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 11:08 AM PDT

Personally I have always considered almost all of /u/someguy2000modder mods personal canon, in particular his New Vegas Bounties series, but I would like hear what everyone else thinks

submitted by /u/jamminjon
[link] [comments]

Tips for survival mode?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 10:20 AM PDT

What guns/ammo, and equipment should I take in to the canyon wreckage?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 09:41 AM PDT

I just did the Big MT and was totally unprepared and was having such a hard time, but in the end I did it. Now I want to be prepared for this next one, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

submitted by /u/gorrillamist
[link] [comments]

NV What happens to Benny?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 09:34 AM PDT

So I went to Caesars camp and killed every legionary upon entry. I chose to free Benny, as I've always killed him on other play throughs. Does he just vanish from the game? Can he be found hiding somewhere after the fact?

submitted by /u/KEKtheKid
[link] [comments]

Just hit 400 hours in New Vegas

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 04:10 PM PDT

This game really is one of my favorite games ever. This isn't even counting from when I played on PS3!

submitted by /u/aaronhowser1
[link] [comments]

Fallout 3 ironical bug (you're off in your own world)

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 04:01 PM PDT

Why don't different strains of fev have different effects

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 01:24 PM PDT

Why do all super mutants look pretty much the same in fo4 the super mutants you encounter are the results of the institute's experiments with Fev so why don't they look different the ones from new vegas Vegas and fo3 look the same cos they were the result of pre war research but why does the institute's modified Fev not have different effects

submitted by /u/adamp2003
[link] [comments]

Power Armor/Weapons in FO1

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 03:00 PM PDT

Hello! Does anyone know the location of Power Armor and useful weapons (Gatling, Missile Launchers, etc) in Fallout 1? I'd like to access these locations at a very low level (I'm level 2).

submitted by /u/rokingpug
[link] [comments]

What did you do with Chief Hanlon?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 05:59 AM PDT

So here's the deal I respect and love the Rangers as well as Chief but I didn't know what to do when I found out in the quest Return to Sender but he forging communication intelligence. You learn that he's lost faith in the NCR and doesn't want to see any one else die in the battle of Hoover dam or at all. He attempts to make fake information and lower the troops moral so they can be pulled out at some point. He believes that the war against Caesar will never end. So he tries to end it himself. (This is only what I got out of it correct me if I'm wrong)

I knew that I couldn't let this happen if I wanted to be loyal to the NCR. It was wrong to let him get away with this. But at the same time he sort of has a point. I ended up turning him in because I didn't want the Rangers to have a liar as a leader and I knew that Cesar ultimately had to be stopped. By pulling out Cesar would win.

But at the same time I felt terrible for the poor old bastard. He had seen hell and didn't want any of its troops to die, he knew what was to come. he is it all by putting a gun in his mouth and shooting himself. (This was completely unexpected) and overall I regretted my decision I wish I could keep him alive. I know that I could've gone back and re-done it through loading up a previous save but it was already too far in the game to go back I would've had to re-done at least 10 quests.

My question to you is what do you do and how did you handle the situation. I'd love to hear what you think of the chief and if you agree or disagree with him. Thanks guys!

submitted by /u/Brennan_Bennett
[link] [comments]

So I just ran out of the Ultra Lux with Ted Gunderson and his dad died... is he just gonna run around with me forever or something?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 02:28 PM PDT

[Fallout 4] NPC Pathfinding Question

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 09:28 AM PDT

Is there any way to get these moron provisioners to use the bridge in Sanctuary? I built a fence around the place to force raiders and whatnot over the bridge, but now I just get these stupid traders bumping along the fence after they go through the river.

submitted by /u/IReleasedMewtwo
[link] [comments]

Getting into fallout 4

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 08:52 AM PDT

Been playing the fallout franchise since fallout 3, dabbled a little with the older titles too. I know that fallout 4 is more linear and overall less roleplay friendly than fnv, my favorite game from the series, and being into roleplaying I'd like a few suggestions for fallout 4 regarding mods or maybe different ways of playing the game that would make it more enjoyable for me. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Otter_Apocalypse
[link] [comments]

If you were to make a new DLC for Fallout 4, what would it be like? What new stories, quests and environments would be included?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 07:55 AM PDT

"Blind Betrayal Quest": BOS quest or Affinity Quest?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 02:54 AM PDT

i would just like to know if the quest: "Blind Betrayal" part of the Brother Hood of Steel quest line or it's Paladin Danse's Affinity Quest when you reach max affinity?

submitted by /u/Gamesaremylife_
[link] [comments]

New Vegas NPCs and automatic reputation loss

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 08:54 AM PDT

Which NPCs give you automatic reputation penalties if you kill them, even when Hidden and using a silenced weapon (or melee/unarmed)? I know Ambassador Crocker, Caesar and Cursor Lucullus but I'm sure there are others. I did try Googling but I'm not having much luck!

submitted by /u/electric-eel-stew
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.