Civilization - For CivIII addicts- the latest Windows 10 allows 4k


For CivIII addicts- the latest Windows 10 allows 4k

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 11:59 AM PDT

First "Kampung" attempt

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 10:58 AM PDT

VI - The Grand Canal of Aomori-Gifu

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 01:51 PM PDT

[Civ V] Which natural wonder would you argue is the best for Spain to get in their capital?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 06:34 AM PDT

Hey guys,

So, I'm playing as Spain for the first time in Civ V and...I get now why people say it's so incredibly broken if you get lucky with wonders. I managed to get Mt. Sinai in my capital, getting me a whopping 16 faith per turn. Got my Desert Folklore belief the very next turn, and got first religion not long after that. I had a bit of a delayed start due to the scouting I did at the start of the game to find a wonder, but I'm playing on Epic, so I had the time needed to scout.

Anyways, I was wondering; what you think is the best natural wonder for Spain to grab in their capital?

Lots of amazing choices come to my mind, but one I think would leave the biggest impact early game would be El Dorado, especially if Spain discovers it first. We're talking not only 10 culture per turn, but 500 gold if they get it first, PLUS the additional 500 gold Spain gets from their unique bonus. 1000 gold starting out is incredible...it's either an instant settler, or 2 instant workers if you're playing on Epic...

submitted by /u/Jamey4
[link] [comments]

The Campus Behind The Mountain.

Posted: 02 Nov 2017 11:23 PM PDT

[Civ V] I'm sorry reddit. But this addiction ends NOW.

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 04:59 PM PDT

Tutorial for Beginners?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 01:30 PM PDT

Hey guys,

I've just bought CIV V and I'm so ready to play it. Thing is, that there is so much going on and to explore, especially for someone like me, who's never played a CIV game before. I kinda fell very overwhelmed by the game right now. So I thought that I would ask you guys, what would be the best way to properly learn the game (videos, written guides, in-game tutorials)? How have you guys "learned" to play it? How long do you think it'll take, to be able to have a "fluent" game, in the sense that I know what everything does?

Thanks :)

submitted by /u/vanilla_thvnder
[link] [comments]

Who here is familiar with the various versions of Civ I? I have a question about the soundtracks?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 07:48 PM PDT

So, I played a lot of Civ I on the SNES, and I have always been a big fan of the era music...but it seems to me that of all the releases of Civ I, only the SNES version had that music.

In addition, the SNES version had a bunch of different music for the leaders as well.

Is there some story or explanation for that?

submitted by /u/subversiveasset
[link] [comments]

Warrior Monks

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 09:54 AM PDT

Which Civ benefits from them the most? I like them on domination Khmer, since their unique unit is from the same era.

I think they should add warrior monks to the civic tree in the medieval era though. As it is, you can get it as soon as your first temple goes up

submitted by /u/Lord_Parbr
[link] [comments]

Is Civ VI worth it over Civ V?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 04:39 PM PDT

I've owned Civ V for years and have always enjoyed playing it. Unfortunately, over the last year or so, I've been incredibly busy and haven't picked it up (new marriage and a baby will do that to you). So my question is this: Is Civ VI worth purchasing?

submitted by /u/rzima
[link] [comments]

Can't attack units with great war bomber

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 05:19 PM PDT

I can rebase fine but when I click the button for attack I get the rid outline along its effective range. Then I try to click on one of the enemy units in that outline and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

submitted by /u/brlynde
[link] [comments]

Some lonely Inuits

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 04:51 PM PDT

Tip about Persian Immortals

Posted: 02 Nov 2017 08:13 PM PDT

They added a melee attack to them so that they can take cities. Their default attack is a melee attack now. To use their ranged attack, you have to click the "ranged attack" button on the unit panel, then click the target. Of course they didn't amend the civilipedia to give this info. It's totally not unintuitive that they work that way

submitted by /u/Lord_Parbr
[link] [comments]

Question for those who have gotten odd starts this last patch

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 09:03 AM PDT

Ever since the last patch, many players have reported starting a tile away from another Civ. I've restarted dozens of times after the patch went live, and I've never seen anything like it. So, for those who have gotten a start like this, what map settings are you using? Perhaps if we find a correlation, we can move toward ending this problem.

submitted by /u/SnowCoffee72
[link] [comments]

Don't miss out on CPL Podcast #8 live in 15min!

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 05:43 PM PDT

Tonight, November 3rd at 9 PM EST will be the 8th CivPlayers Leagues Podcast. Here's what we're talking about this week with our guests: Allfalldown and Taskforcefish! • The CPL [CivPlayers Leagues] and the TCL [The Civ League] have merged! We're finally back together again - how do you feel about it? • With the community reunited, we're excited to work together and take strides forward as a whole community again - What would you like to see change as our cultures merge? • Hellblazer has decided to step away from Civ 6 Modding - You can find the reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nqmod/comments/78yq1f/all_nq_mods_gone_from_steam_workshop_for_civ_vi/ • In response to Hellblazers reasons for stepping away, and while I respect his decision -- How do you feel about the lack of transparency from Firaxis about changes each patch? • Clan KC is running a Civ 6 Training Event on Tuesday, November 28th at 5PM EST! Come and learn with the community! I know i'll be there! • Be sure to be active in chat! We do watch and are happy to answer your questions! • Do you have ideas you'd like to see brought up on the podcast? Make sure to post your thoughts and suggestions in the comment section! • Catch us on YouTube live at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw6b7qVvkbA27lXUYLJjNg

submitted by /u/CanuckSoldier
[link] [comments]

Is Civ V online multiplayer side dead?

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 09:52 AM PDT

No matter what time of day or day of the week, no online servers appear.

I've lost touch with my old Civ buddies from college so I figured I'd meet some online.

Nothing so far

submitted by /u/NomNomKahi
[link] [comments]

/r/Civ Free Talk Friday

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 02:54 AM PDT

Need to say something out of your chest? Share it with us right here.

submitted by /u/Bragior
[link] [comments]

Movember Charity CIV Livestream Starting Now!!!!

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 01:11 PM PDT

Civ V BNW stuck on main menu music

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 12:41 PM PDT

My Civ V with all the DLC installed is stuck on that droning BNW main menu music during gameplay. Restarting the game doesn't help, neither does muting and unmuting the music volume. Cannot find anything related to this problem, any help?

submitted by /u/8bitbananaEC
[link] [comments]

Mod - New Combat Units CIV VI

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 12:18 PM PDT

I've gotten a bit bored of the same military and naval units over and over in Civ VI. Not to mention the end game units aren't as fun as Civ V IMO.

Are there any good mods for new Civilizations or new units to play with? I know they are out there but I've also heard a lot of those are buggy or just bad, so, looking for suggestions please.

submitted by /u/saturnalius
[link] [comments]

G&K civs no longer can be loaded when BNW is enabled.

Posted: 03 Nov 2017 12:03 PM PDT

Whenever the BNW expansion is enabled, the civilizations from G&K can no longer be selected in game.

I've attempted to verify the cache, and even re-install the game and the DLCs. But nothing seems to work. It was all working fine previously, and now it has just stopped.

submitted by /u/CatWheel
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.