Pokémon GO - Luring a pokestop next to an active gym raid is like throwing up the Bat Signal. It says, "I'm here! Send help!"


Luring a pokestop next to an active gym raid is like throwing up the Bat Signal. It says, "I'm here! Send help!"

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 07:39 AM PDT

I've been seeing this more and more. If you see someone send up the lure flare, run out there and help them!

submitted by /u/firestormchess
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Since the event is over, Niantic really should take some time to refactor and optimize their code. This app is nowhere near production grade.

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 10:40 AM PDT

I hate it too when clients throw around phrases like "optimize your code" like it is some magic spell.

 

I wanted to write this a long time ago, but didn't think the effort was worth the rant. Today however during multiple buggy gym battles, I really was concerned with the state of the game. I love this game and don't want so many people to get fed up and leave. This community is at a point where people write appreciation threads for the most basic QOL improvements. I feel more like a tester than a customer.

 

Niantic, please get around to actually fixing all your TODOs. I love your app. I can't even begin to imagine how I would go about attempting to implement what you made. Your app is one of its kind. That however doesn't mean your technical burden exempts you from basic QA.

 

Playing Pokemon GO feels like I am playing with a time bomb. At this point I expect the app to function incorrectly at any point. Whenever I use a charge move during a battle, I expect the bar to wrongly fill up again. Whenever I use potions on multiple pokemon, I expect the app to crash. I have now come to wait for the crash. That way I am not mad.

 

Normally I would say Niantic needs to hire more people for QA, but this is above that. I don't even know how to describe the new "go to gym" screen. Did you run your app before shipping? You are Niantic. From Google. You are probably all 10Xers.

 

I think the blame is more on management than the developers. Any dev can see what happened. It is all too familiar. The initial launch of July 2016 was waaaay rushed. So Niantic did not have much time to incorporate extensibly thought-out and tested user experience into their app. And due to lack of content in the game, the number of users declined drastically. This created a vicious cycle where the devs could not take the time to tend to performance issues and bugs, but had to focus more on implementing new gameplay features (like gyms and raids).

 

Thank you Niantic for this great double everything event. Please take some time to make the app itself more robust. I am at a point where I am scared to spend more cash on the game because I think the constant performance issues will kill the game.

Edit: minor text fixes

submitted by /u/Nooonting
[link] [comments]

Hey Voltorb

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 05:40 PM PDT

[Art] I haven't seen it anywhere yet, so I tried recreating the in-game anniversary shirt design.

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 04:04 AM PDT

Why is Niantic so slow with notifications?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 12:58 PM PDT

All the give aways from Pokémon go fest

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 09:18 AM PDT

Niantic being sued for Pokémon Go Fest

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 06:36 AM PDT

New Westeros update [humor][nsfw]

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 02:52 AM PDT

[Idea] In the next Pokemon screen, just select which Pokemon on your team you want to use next.

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 05:40 PM PDT

I'm just happy to have finally found one!!

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 06:21 PM PDT

[Other] Thanks Niantic for turning the 1 Pokéstop that was near me into a Gym!

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 11:32 AM PDT

So, just yesterday my local Pokéstop turned into a gym and I can't be happier. Now I have a gym that I can reach by bike and, because you can spin gyms, get my Pokéstop streaks. I am not old enough to drive so I am kind of limited, so this makes the game a lot more fun for me :)

submitted by /u/Foizuri
[link] [comments]

Bug Fix.

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 08:34 PM PDT

[Humor] When John Hanke takes off his human mask.

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 05:17 AM PDT

[Idea] Unused Premier balls from raids turn into Pokeballs

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 01:38 PM PDT

Given that catching Pokémon is one of three ways to get stardust, I feel like most people tear through their Pokeball supply. It's not much but it would be another extra reward for trained throws and an ever so slight increased incentive to do low level raids. It's not a huge benefit but whatever, it would help.

And who needs 10+ revives per raid anymore... seriously..?

submitted by /u/Ferity2
[link] [comments]

Premium raid passes should be rewarded for leveling up

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 10:49 AM PDT

I think giving players a little more accessibility to do more than 1 raid without spending coins would help more people get out and play longer. Adding them as a reward for leveling up and 7 day poke-stop streaks would be a nice addition. 
submitted by /u/crustyTomato
[link] [comments]

Niantic really needs its own gym raid spawn map.

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 12:24 PM PDT

Feels like everyone is looking at 3rd party gym tracker sites and lots of different ones cause they always go down. Many people even pay these sites for radius in their areas. I myself look at 3 different around my county just trying to find spawns. And everyone I know that shows up for raids do the same thing. In the fb pages, discord chats. This would at least cut down on bots scanning gyms when everyone is looking for spawns.

yes I know this wont bother with bots scanning pokemon

submitted by /u/cavespro
[link] [comments]

Receiving an event message for an event that has been long going is one of hundreds of reasons why I hate Niantic's version of Pokemon Go.

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 02:08 PM PDT

Tip to checking type advantage for Android users. Works on both Google Assistant and Google Now :)

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 01:59 PM PDT

every cat deserves a good home

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 06:30 PM PDT

[Photo] "Pokémon Go is dead" ��

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 10:13 PM PDT

Allow us to put lures on gyms [Idea]

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 06:35 AM PDT

I think using lures on gyms could open the door for new options. For example maybe a lure on a gym could be used to lure a raid boss. I work near a couple gyms and it would be nice to lure a raid during my lunch break.

submitted by /u/Wesbubbles
[link] [comments]

Got this out raiding in Sydney today

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 08:10 PM PDT

[Bugs] [Photo] So wierd thing happened. Took my daughter's to a raid tonight and the raid boss didn't even show up on her phone. We could click on and interact with the gym but nothing else... Could also catch and spin stops.

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 09:29 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.