Pokémon GO - Attention Trainers! Some changes are being made to the sub.


Attention Trainers! Some changes are being made to the sub.

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 08:45 AM PDT

Welcome, Trainers.

Today we're announcing some changes being made to the sub.

Complaints and Declarative Posts

As of late we have seen a lot of users using this subreddit as a board for complaints. Many of these threads generate no discussion, have little thought behind them, and are generally people just venting to themselves. These threads clutter up the subreddit, and provide no avenues for discussion.

As such, we are going to remove all non-constructive complaints, and redirect simple statements and declarative posts to the "Dear Niantic" thread, that will be stickied weekly. This is not a ban on all complaint threads, this is a ban on simple statements.

Image Macros & Memes

Recently we had a poll regarding whether or not to allow image macros/memes on the subreddit.

We will now be allowing image macros/memes that use a Pokémon GO asset. This means that templates and images must have a Pokémon GO related theme/background. Examples of the type of allowed posts can be found here, here, and here.

Moderation and Rules

We will also be changing how we moderate this sub in 3 ways.

Instead of a comment reply, removed posts will now be flaired as removed with a reason as to why.

We will also be taking a harsher approach with repeat offenders and uncivil users. This will hopefully push the discussion towards a more constructive path, whilst losing behind those that are unable to interact with others in a civilized manner.

We have simplified the full list of rules, hopefully in a way it is easier to follow. Rules are now labelled properly, and are simplified. This is to help any complaints or feedback with the rule list, as well as having them easier to refer to. The new rule list can be found in the sidebar, and here.

We hope this changes are a welcome one, and as always these will be used in a trial period effective from today. We welcome feedback from everyone, so please use this thread to discuss the changes, or alternatively you can send a modmail. Thank you for your support and involvement in our community.

The r/pokemongo mod team.

submitted by /u/TARS-CASE
[link] [comments]

[Humor] Our blessed combination for this event

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 06:32 AM PDT

[Other] Thanks for extending the bonuses, Niantic

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 07:29 PM PDT

Thank you for extending the bonuses, Niantic. That was huge for a lot of us as we were able to progress far into the game, have fun playing, and meet other players.

submitted by /u/therealac3
[link] [comments]

Candy drop, spawn rate; and honestly egg distance, should probably stay the same or be slightly tweaked down.

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 05:25 PM PDT

This event had reinvigorated my love for this game, I felt like I was making genuine progress towards my goals. It was the most I have enjoyed playing. It's amazing that I don't feel the grind as hard, snd honestly makes me want to play longer. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

submitted by /u/AndromedaNexus
[link] [comments]

[Idea]Niantic, hear our plea: Please keep at least somewhat increased spawns permanently to help nests feel better.

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 10:41 AM PDT

As we've all seen how nice the increased spawns are, I really find myself having so much more fun with the game.

I like all the bonuses, but the one I think would hamper normal gameplay the least is letting spawns stay a bit higher than usual once the event ends. I'm not suggesting to keep it double, but maybe 1.5?

My main point isn't that I enjoy all of the pokemon being all over the place, no.

My main point is that nests actually feel good to visit, now.

I know they all vary, but to use some examples of nests near me, there is one that, in the past, has been a single nest-pokemon spawn about every hour or two. It was so slow, it often got unmarked on the Atlas.

But with this update, it's now visibly a nest! 2-3 Nest pokemon per hour is now happening there! It feels so much better.

As for another park near me, the norm was maybe finding 2-3 in one visit. With the increased spawns, there are 6-7.

With the double candy at the moment, this is overpowered, but once the candy bonus ends, I see no reason why that 6-7 isn't perfect. Aren't nests meant to be where we grind out candy?

And aren't more spawns better able to make people purchase pokeballs in the store?

In my head, this is a no-brainer. It would also fix the touch of irritation I feel to know that Niantic had the spawns throttles so far back.

submitted by /u/Tarcanus
[link] [comments]

I've now seen more Legendary pokemon than I have Doduo.

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 12:39 PM PDT

So I have now seen more Legendary Pokémon than I have Doduo. I have a full gen 1 dex EXCEPT Doduo and the other four legendary. At what point does Doduo become the real Legendary bird?

submitted by /u/Eikcammailliw
[link] [comments]

Double candy plus reduced distance for egg hatching is the greatest combination ever

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 09:47 AM PDT

I've hatched four 10K eggs. Two Larvitars, one Snorlax, one Dratini. For roughly 60 candy each. It feels like I'm playing with cheat codes on.

submitted by /u/Meteorsaresexy
[link] [comments]

Stop Awarding Premier Balls Based on Team Affiliation

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 05:12 PM PDT

I picked yellow the day the game came out. I had no way of knowing what Niantic knows now, that no one really plays yellow.....at all. It's infuriating to me that I get 3 less chances to catch a legendary each raid because I chose an unpopular team and there's no way to change it unless I destroy all my progress.

submitted by /u/rarbox5
[link] [comments]

My dog about to lunge at a wild Stantler as he uses stomp

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 03:39 PM PDT

[Art] In honor of the 7 people that helped me beat (but not catch) Articuno this morning. Gotta keep trying.

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 08:33 AM PDT

[Art] I made a comic about working together for Legendaries.

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 05:25 AM PDT

[Story][Discussion] This event has been the best one yet in my opinion

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 06:11 PM PDT

One week ago I was halfway through level 27. My strongest two Pokemon were a Vaporeon and Flareon - maxed out but not super impressive.

I had one Dragonite around CP1800 with great IV's but no candy for it, and I had one Larvitar with around 40 candy.

During the week I faced off in large groups versus raid bosses. The most people I'd seen gathered for a raid before this was four, but we had groups over 20 at times. The result of which was catching two Lugia, Articuno and my first Tyranitar. I hatched two Larvitar and a Dratini. Blew through all the Poke and Great balls I'd been meticulously hoarding as I don't live near stops. For this week, I spent them as though I was urban.

At the end of the week I've got two legendary birds, two Tyranitars, and my Dragonite is now my strongest at cp2555 (with a ways to go, but I ran out of Stardust). I also got over 500 Magikarp candy via Pinaps and a nest, and am under 1k XP away from level 29.

I now have only 4 Pokeballs and a bunch of Ultraballs left, but I don't mind. This week was the time to spend them. To me this was the game living up to all the hype. I know a lot of people had different experiences, but I loved it.

submitted by /u/walkingcarpet23
[link] [comments]

I'm not sure why there's a Caterpie on their picture but they're 25 comments in and nobody else has noticed.

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 06:38 AM PDT

[Idea] Evolution should reward Stardust

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 07:58 PM PDT

Evolution should reward 100 - 500 stardust per evolution depending on the evolution stage. Ranging from pidgeys giving 100 to pokemon that evolves with 100 candies / special item giving 500. Evolution already rewards some candies so why not add some stardust to go with it? Every little bit counts! Each time I sneeze I'm already out of it.

submitted by /u/phnatx
[link] [comments]

Best Pokémon Go Bug Ever

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 03:46 PM PDT

Saw this on an askreddit thread

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 08:16 PM PDT

I'm happy we had this event, it's too bad it's over

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 05:52 PM PDT

Okay, so hopefully the title in innocuous enough for Niantic to not see this, but does anyone else notice that it's been nearly an hour and the bonuses are still active? Or is that just for me?

submitted by /u/indiemike
[link] [comments]

[Idea] Feeding Meowth berries in a gym will rarely drop a coin or two instead of a its candy

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 10:55 AM PDT

It would be a cool little easter egg and a nod to meowth's signature pay day move from the main games.

submitted by /u/gr33nss
[link] [comments]

[Complaint] Why is the unlimited-use incubator not the one that appears first in the list when selecting incubators?

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 11:17 AM PDT

I mean, I know why, but it's still pretty bullshit. Just wasted one of the 3-use's charges on a 0.7km egg.

submitted by /u/ReallyForeverAlone
[link] [comments]

The new update is a little more honest about the berries...

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 08:57 AM PDT

One year later, I finally managed to get the full deck including all Regionals!

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 11:43 AM PDT

https://i.imgur.com/4FN1jNH.jpg

Today I finally caught Articuno after the 6th try or so and completed the dex as it is now, including all Regionals for which I traveled around the world.

Besides Unown which I only found thanks to my local Whatsapp group, the hardest one was definitely Farfetch'd. When I arrived in Taiwan, the local map got taken down and the only alternative was a local scanner. So I scanned and scanned. Two times I had missed him just by minutes and I decided to have lunch first. While I was eating my noodle soup I scanned again and then, yeah, there he was: Two metro stops away. Despawning in 15 minutes. So I ran to the metro, got off and finally, with just one minute left, arrived at the location. In the end I left with only four, while for example I managed to catch around 20 Kangashkhan. Thankfully I caught Tauros before Gen2, otherwise this would be an impossible job to do as well.

Now I have to wait for the other legendaries!

submitted by /u/kraven420
[link] [comments]

Joining a group is honestly the best thing to do for raids.

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 07:49 PM PDT

[Suggestion] Implement a "Streak Bonus" every time a Legendary runs from you

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 12:30 AM PDT

What I mean is it would be a good feature that for each time you have a legendary run from you, you build up a "streak" which gives you a higher chance of catching it the next time. Obviously there would be a limit so you couldn't hit 100% but for example after 5 consecutive raids you have Lugia run from you, you could have a streak of 5 which gives a 10% higher chance of catching it next time. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/DSK108
[link] [comments]

[Screenshot] The tapirs at the Omaha zoo are getting kinda big

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 09:46 AM PDT

Thank you jigglypuff we have a long car ride ahead of us and the baby wouldnt sleep!

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 12:51 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.