Halo - Weekly REQkoning Thread


Weekly REQkoning Thread

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 09:10 AM PDT

Hello everyone!

Welcome to this week's Weekly REQkoning thread!

Manage to snag that elusive Nornfang in a Daily REQ? Maybe goose it in a Gold Pack? Post it here and share it with the community!

Please only use this thread to post your best REQ pulls. All other REQ posts will be removed.

If you have any questions please message the mods.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Matchmaking Feedback Update – July 24

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 11:03 AM PDT

Where do you think you're going?

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 08:28 AM PDT

The release we're all waiting for.

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 09:08 PM PDT

Dailymail snapchat showing off an awesome iron man cosplay!

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 10:38 PM PDT

Best double betrayal of all time

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 04:20 PM PDT

Still the greatest site ever made! Tip: hit F11

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 03:56 AM PDT

Stop. Don't. Come back...

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 06:43 PM PDT

Halo 3 had some great looking armor sets.

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 01:54 PM PDT

Kelly-087

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 01:21 PM PDT

ICYMI: The tournament-winning game at Dreamhack Atlanta. OpTic vs. Splyce Game 6 Grand Finals, Coli CTF. One of the best games of Halo 5 I've ever seen. Starts at ~9 minute mark

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 04:29 PM PDT

Bring back Invasion!

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 09:55 AM PDT

Just picked up Halo Reach for the first time in years and was reminded why i used to play it so much. why did we lose invasion? it was alot of fun, the campaign is better and the Spartans are way more interesting.

submitted by /u/FierceMundy
[link] [comments]

Took some shots of my Mcfarlane Halo Reach Noble Team figures. Thought this sub might find them interesting.

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 03:19 PM PDT

Look man he has had a bad day

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 10:34 PM PDT

Why can't we talk in lobbies and kick people in game??

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 08:13 PM PDT

I love halo 5 and play it routinely, however, with the large custom games community and customs focus. You'd think we'd be able to kick unruly players without ending the game. Not only that, but lobby communication is also vital to keeping people in a lobby rather then quitting.

submitted by /u/TheWarlockk
[link] [comments]

Halo Wars 2 Patch Notes - July 25th

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 04:54 PM PDT

My ATL Dreamhack Experience

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 12:43 PM PDT

Greetings fellow Spartans!

I wanted to take some time to jot down and share some thoughts and observations I had after attending Atlanta Dreamhack this weekend.

Some background on myself

I'm 32 (and a half-ish) and I've been playing Halo since CE. I haven't played competitively ever but I gravitate heavily towards that type of play (in H5 I mainly stick to the Team Arena and HCS playlists). Being 32 and doing that whole adult thing now I don't have the space in my life to devote to being a true competitive player though I've always desperately craved being in that type of environment. I played something like 10,000+ games of H2 and was lightly involved in the montage community back on H2F before H3 came out when I was in college. Although I played a lot less during H3 and Reach (I switched over to COD for a bit), I've been pretty much H5 only as far as video games go since it came out.

Fast forward to this weekend.

As luck would have it, I had to travel down to Atlanta last week for work (my company is based there). So I had the good fortune to have free airfare to Dreamhack essentially and just had to pay for a night in a hotel in order to finally realize a longtime dream of attending an event in person. I had never attended one in person but I've watched them all on Twitch for the last year or so at least starting with the 2016 HWC. I wasn't planning on participating in the event because I had a company event Friday that prevented me from attending that day however I noticed the FFA didn't start until Saturday so I signed up.

The FFA was really fun and over extremely fast for me (I hadn't played in a week and didn't warm up enough, which I only say because my performance improved significantly after the first game). I placed dead last in the first game and tied for third in the second one. FFA isn't really my cup of tea but I wanted the chance to compete and it was free to enter so I figured what the hell.

Playing on "LAN" is much more drastic a shift than I expected from traditional online play. I know that H5 doesn't actually support LAN but the shared connection of all the consoles does make a pretty LAN-like experience and it's something to behold if you haven't tried it before. My shot was so off it was ridiculous, but it finally got where I needed it to be. Also the adrenaline of playing next to all of your competition is really quite a rush.

After my quick exit I walked around and took in the Saturday bracket play while getting some pics with some of my personal Halo heroes:

StrongSide

Walshy

Tsquared

Snip3down

I also got to chat with Towey a bit which was awesome. That man works super hard and seems extremely passionate about his current role now, it was inspiring to watch him work.

Aside from all of that I just took in all the action and also got to sit pretty close during championship Sunday during which I caught a shirt and drank a really delicious beer I brought with me (security is super lax there).

Some observations I had

While I did really enjoy this event, I can see why some people have frustrations with ESL and 343 and how things are run. Some of the issues seem to be simple organization and efficiency related (timing/logistics stuff), others are things baked into the game (seriously though, how is there no LAN?). I can go into more detail if you have questions about my opinions, but that isn't really the purpose of this post so I won't go into that unless asked.

Every single pro or personality I met and talked to was incredibly nice and personable. I was admittedly a little star struck when going up to them but they were all extremely accommodating of my picture requests (especially Tsquared whom I'm pretty sure I caught after his team got relegated, but he couldn't possibly have been nicer). I made every effort to be as polite as possible as they are there to do a job after all.

Thee vibe in this event was unlike anything I've ever experienced. Being around so many people who love the game as much as I do was pretty much the definition of heaven for me.

I had no idea they would have a Free Play section on Sunday so that was super fun as well to go in there and run a few games with some random but in person teammates who were all talking and all pretty good (much better than me at least). My random team won every game and it was pretty exciting.

Conclusion

This was an amazing event for me to attend, I missed Friday so perhaps that would've changed my impression of things. Overall though I'm super happy that I got to experience this, it was absolutely incredible and an experience of a lifetime for me. It's now my goal to get to as many events as I can (I'll be going to the ones at the Columbus MSFT Store) and all I want to do now is play Halo all the time (my wife wasn't pleased that that was my takeaway from the event).

Anyways, that's all, hope you enjoyed reading it and if you haven't ever been to a Halo event, you should absolutely try to get to one.

GT: Darth Hulk

submitted by /u/venom316
[link] [comments]

Requiem's environments and setting explored with the blind skull.

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 05:45 AM PDT

ATT 343i: This guys has an amazing idea for forge in HALO 6.

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 03:42 PM PDT

Really Nice Halo 5 Smart-Link Tutorial by Bullet Rebel!

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 01:59 PM PDT

MCC should give players the option to filter out versions of Halo they'd rather not play in social playlists

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 12:26 PM PDT

Top 20 plays from Dreamhack Atlanta

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 01:01 PM PDT

Keep still gosh darn it!

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 12:54 PM PDT

Any good Halo: Spartan Assault/Strike box art?

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 07:40 PM PDT

I want to look at my Halo collection from a distance. I own both games, but want something that I can see and hold. Any help?

submitted by /u/sage2001
[link] [comments]

Total Halo 5 playtimes

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 09:25 PM PDT

Just curious about total playtime and ranks everyone has! I'm at 147 with 25 days of game time. Starting to wonder if I'll hit 152....even with another year or two before 6 comes out.

submitted by /u/orionthefisherman
[link] [comments]

SPV3 mod for Halo CE releases Aug 19

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 07:02 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.