Guild Wars 2 - New set of flair: flashly colors and tournament winners


New set of flair: flashly colors and tournament winners

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 05:56 AM PDT

Completing the rainbow

ArenaNet added new commander colors and we have added the new ones for you to choose.

Cleaning the old

With HoT being almost over few of the current flairs will be taken out. These (might) include: Shining Blade, White Mantle and the adventure flair.

Tournament winners

The first monthly AT was competed yesterday so we have a special flair for the winners to claim if they choose to.

How to claim:

  • Get a following picture:

    • same alt you won the tournament in-front of your statue
    • your name showing
    • write the username of your reddit account while having the chat transparent
  • Send us modmaill that includes:

    • the picture
    • the text you want to be in your flair, if any
  • Wait for us to get it changed

Due to tournament integrity problems on NA's side we are not allowing NA winners to claim this flair before ArenaNet's investigation has finished.


I guess that also servers as the monthly update since nothing really has happened. If you have any suggestions or feedback on the sub leave them in the comments or send us modmail.

submitted by /u/RandommUser
[link] [comments]

[GOAL] Warbringer!

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 03:58 PM PDT

I was lucky enough to have saved all of those tournament tickets, so I forged Warbringer a few moments ago :3

Few quick screenshots

submitted by /u/Pilami
[link] [comments]

A Post about Guild Missions and Commendations (Again)

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 12:28 PM PDT

Spent 700 Gems to be able to poke myself in the eyes :(

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 04:33 AM PDT

The calm before the expansion storm.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 01:16 AM PDT

The jungle at sunset is beautiful.

As you take a deep breath, and just take in the scenery, it really makes you think... In just 2 days, a new expansion will be revealed. The era of Heart of Thorns will finally come to a close, and a new era will begin.

I look back at the time spent in the jungle. Of Tarir's beauty, the awe of Rata Novus, and the dangers of Spirit Vale. It really puts you in the mood of quiet reflection.

Heart of Thorns had such huge impact on the game and indeed so much time of our lives. There was once a time when we had no idea if the game would even get an expansion, when the concept of gliding was inconceivable. Everyone thought the future of the game was stale temporary content with filler arcs, and class balance simply boiled down to whoever could do the most Berserker damage. And then finally... Heart of Thorns was unveiled! Announcing a new class, elite specializations, new regions, new ways of movement, gliding, breakbars, the end of the "zerk-meta", challenging PvE content, PvP leagues, and raids!

Looking back, it was hard to believe that was even the case. Before Heart of Thorns, all we could do was simply imagine what could be. We would salivate on mysterious data-mines, debate theories on Mordremoth's existence, and dream of how Tyria could evolve.

Leaks of the next expansion have been floating around. Rumors that it will completely change how we move around the open world, how we customize our character. It's an interesting bit of information that we just don't understand completely yet, and we crave to know more. And once we do know, we know it forever. Will it change the game as much as gliding and masteries? Will we still even be fighting the Elder Dragons?

I don't want to speculate too much what could be coming. Some of us may already have an idea. Instead, I would like to simply reflect on this last, little quiet before the expansion. Before the reveal drops and permanently changes how we look at Guild Wars 2. This is the calm before the expansion storm.

Heart of Thorns was such an inspiring story of redemption. The launch was among the smoothest ever in an MMO, the music by Lena Chapelle and Maclaine Diemer was exquisite, and the systems HoT introduced were a healthy evolution to the game's mechanics. Despite this, reception began to be mixed as the hype settled down. We realized the lack of maps, meta events were too time-consuming, and the content drought took toll. ANET realized this and completely updated the expansion maps, changing their reward structure, and adding new events. They added gliding to central Tyria, forever changing our movement in the game. The jungle maps were also finally in a state that was still fun to revisit even once the population dwindled down. Although the content drought was not yet over, they added raids, further changing the endgame landscape, and how we looked at the classes. Ascended armor became significantly easier to obtain, and the relevance of non-DPS roles were finally recognized. Suddenly, out of the clear blue moon, Super Adventure Box made a triumphant return, foreshadowing good things to come. The long-awaited LS3 finally arrived. It expanded the size of Heart of Thorns significantly, adding 6 whole new maps, each with their own achievements and dailies, the reintroduction of hearts, greater accessibility of HoT trinkets, and raising the stakes of the plot. We stepped into the Ring of Fire, revisited the Shiverpeaks, and finally after years of datamining and hilarious Map Completion bugs we finally got Lake Doric added to the game. We also reclaimed Calabold, and properly sent off Trahearne in a way that respected the character. Heart of Thorns became content-rich, well-polished, and over time it completely redeemed itself.

In just 2 days, not only will we get the expansion reveal, but we will finally see a restored Orr, something we have been waiting to see since 2012. I have to wonder how exactly it will lead into the expansion? What sort of amazing twist does ANET have in store for us? The waiting over these next 2 days feels like it will never end. And then we will have to wait months after the expansion reveal, in order to actually play the thing. And yet, we can take solace in that fact that in all this waiting, we will be able to play it soon.

In a moment, we will know what they have in store for us. In a moment we will have the future of Tyria. In a moment, everything about GW2 as we know it will change. For now, we can only wait for the great expansion storm to blow us away. So reflect on the Heart of Thorns era, enjoy the serene beauty of the jungle before things change forever.

One path ends, a new one begins.

Thank you, Heart of Thorns.

submitted by /u/Lishy1_5
[link] [comments]

Exactly 5 years ago, GW2 hosted hunger games before beta ends.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 05:43 AM PDT

Mordy look on final fight

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 04:45 AM PDT

"Now You Shall Witness True Ultimate Power!" -Mallyx; Embrace The Darkness & Legendary Armor, again.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 02:59 PM PDT

Asura backpack resize bug

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 11:58 AM PDT

Hey

I'm not sure if it's something only on my end... I reloaded the game twice and it was still occurring (so I'm assuming it's indeed a bug). I've been playing an Asura for 5 years and I don't recall seeing that before.

So basically, it appears that when you jump, backpacks on Asura shrink and regain its intended size once you land... It's subtle if you do long forward jumps and continue to move afterward. But if you jump on place or cancel your jump during the animation, you can see the backpack rescaling itself abruptly.

Screenshot

Edit: Video, courtesy of /u/Karendun

The red line clearly show a difference of scale. Right after the jump, the backpack reverted in less than one second to its original size. It's distracting.

I cannot unsee this now :(

submitted by /u/Chabb
[link] [comments]

Finally joining Guildwars2 family

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 02:09 PM PDT

Hi, I've finally downloaded guild wars 2 after getting a pc worthy of running it (well anything really) I've played neverwinter on Xbone which is most of my experience with mmorpgs and I was wondering what's the class closest to the control wizard from neverwinter? Any help would be appreciated! Looking forward to playing tomorrow!

submitted by /u/dogsugarsugar
[link] [comments]

The Devs will play the new release on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch-Channel

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 04:59 AM PDT

Finally, an [NA] Hero Point Train!

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 07:11 PM PDT

I'll be doing my own NA hero train tomorrow. no peddling the service for money/ecto, no douchebaggery, only speed/efficiency and wholesome fun!

This will start on Monday the 24th of July (tomorrow) @ exactly 7:30pm PST (2.5 hr after reset) - I recommend hopping on early to secure a spot

Type /sqjoin Rexzus Maximus in game chat to join the train!

We will hit enough nodes for 250 HP points for the specialization - I will start out in VB, then AB and TD

What is required of you to make this a fast and efficient run:

  • [&BN4HAAA=]
  • Gliding Mastery #2
  • Itzel Mastery #1
  • Nuhoch Mastery #2

Unfortunately I can't guarantee mesmer portals, if anyone can bring ports I will really appreciate it! This run is meant for players that value speediness and getting quick result for their alt character!

If you want to chat and hang out I'll be in the social channel (S1) on TS3 - maga.etherealguardians.com

A note: I am doing this for my warrior, and alt characters. This is a test event for me to post on reddit as I plan on doing more in the future but everything is TBD at this point in time. This is not an EG sponored event, nor is it something to please the community after what happened yesterday. Those players have been kicked from the guild so please stop harrassing/trolling me and my guildies about it, please, thank you.

If you have suggestions for the run, or date/time for future HP train feel free to PM me on reddit or in game after the train. I know this first one isnt the best date/time but I really want to do it before everyone is preoccupied with LW3 Ep6 on Tuesday.

Hope to see everyone there!

A special thanks to /u/HB_Guardian for optimizing the route, and HP train pioneer /u/Solaxos for inspiring me to command and lead events in game! You guys are awesome!

submitted by /u/R3xz
[link] [comments]

Teach Raid on Tuesday 25/July 20 CEST [EU-Event]

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 02:41 PM PDT

Hello everyone! Most people know me from the fastest HP runs in EU but I'm also a dedicated raid player and leader of a semi-hardcore raid guild. I'm clearing all wings since raids were released in November/2015. I want to share my knowledge in raids with players that are new to raids.

Visit this link for more information: http://tinyurl.com/gw2teach

If you can't find an answer to your question you can still PM me ingame: Xaina.5418

submitted by /u/europaea
[link] [comments]

NA UGO PvP Tourney Sunday July 30th!

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 01:11 PM PDT

Hey all!

A reminder that the JULY NA UGO tourney signups are open till next sunday!

 

NA – 30th July – https://goo.gl/WZCTUv <—- Signup - Starts 2pm EST. Tournament + Stream

 

DONTE 1 FREE $1 with code NAUGO2 at: https://matcherino.com/b/tournaments/6828/description

 

Gold DOnations - We still need 500 gold for the tournament. If you'd like to help out pls send any gold donations to: jebb.6819 or jebro.6370

 

Please use these free codes. At present 30 or so have been used for NA and we have 100 FREE, so take 2 mins out of your day and chuck us a free buck!

 

ALSO feel free to donate to the cash prize of the tournament!

 

We are excited for the 2nd NA tournament and look forward to your participation!

 

Cheers

 

Jebro

 

UGO Team

submitted by /u/JebroCasterGw2
[link] [comments]

[Art] I drew some teaser-inspired Orrian artwork while I was stuck at the laundromat

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 10:49 AM PDT

I didn't finish it all at the laundromat, but that's what got me started. All I had was my sketchbook and a pen, so I just went for it. I couldn't get the "Where one path ends, grew growth begins" teaser out of my head, and tried to create something vaguely recreating the sensation I got from it.

Here it is. I'd love to hear criticisms since I can't hide behind photoshop on this one.

submitted by /u/Chiorydax
[link] [comments]

Human Mesmer noob here, how do I stop my guy from saying "Eat my dust" every 10 seconds when my signet activates?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 07:27 PM PDT

Is there a way to shut off voice lines? I really like that signet since it makes me move around faster. But I've had it for about 45 minutes so far and it's making me more and more annoyed.

Hearing that voiceline every 10 seconds get old realllllllllll quick.

submitted by /u/stupidatstats
[link] [comments]

Condi Engineer - Simplified Rotation - 32k Realistic DPS

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 12:13 AM PDT

Please nerf Signet of Inspiration (but not how you think)

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 07:41 AM PDT

Been giving a lot of thought to Regeneration lately and how difficult it is to make use of with a Chronomancer in the group. Proposed nerfing the base Regeneration from Signet of Inspiration from 5 secs to 3 secs.

More detail in the forum post below if interested.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Please-nerf-SoI-but-not-how-you-think/first#post6652878

submitted by /u/DUNST4N
[link] [comments]

Finally Crafted my First Ascended weapon after 4 years playing

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 07:56 PM PDT

Hey, like 2 weeks ago i made a post about suggestions for my ascended gear on how to get it and finally i crafted my first ascended weapon. Thanks to all your suggestions and thanks for being such a great community

submitted by /u/albondo
[link] [comments]

Xaina's Hero Points Tour takes off in 1 hour [EU-Event]

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 05:53 AM PDT

What I expect from you:

  • [&BN4HAAA=]
  • Gliding #2
  • Itzel #1
  • Swiftness, Blink, Stability, Aegis, ...

What you can expect from me:

  • Mesmer portals
  • 250 Hero Points (= Elite Spec) in ~60 minutes
  • Map currencies
  • Experience for masteries
  • Nice loot ;o

Type in '/sqjoin Xainas Hp Tour' in chat at 16.00 CEST 23.07.2017.

PM me ingame and I send out an invite to our hp tour guild.

submitted by /u/europaea
[link] [comments]

Keep the Legendary or just the skin?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 10:09 AM PDT

I'm trying to craft Flameseeker Prophecies as it's a skin I've always wanted, but with two kids now farming that much just isn't so easy.

I have two gifts of exploration and was planning on crafting one to sell and using the profit a second to keep, but then I started thinking if instead I should craft Twilight, cannibalize the Sunrise I've had for a few years to make an Eternity and sell that to make the shield as it would be a lot more gain. I don't like the Twilight skin so I don't care about Eternity itself.

I know ultimately the practical question is whether stat swapping is important enough to me to keep the actual Sunrise or not, but I'm having trouble deciding on that ground, so I'm looking to hear, apart from this obvious practical matter, how YOU might think about the decision were you making it.

submitted by /u/lazerlike42
[link] [comments]

[WvW] who is your favorite server to fight? Least favorite?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 05:46 AM PDT

Brand new player looking for advice

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 01:53 PM PDT

I am a brand new player to Guild Wars 2. Just bought the game a couple of days ago. I'm looking for advice on a class that is the most forgiving of mistakes as you level. I have mostly played Thief up to this point, and I really like the class but it does seem unforgiving of me making mistakes. And mistakes are something I am making plenty of at this point lol.

What class/weapon combo would you recommend to a player in my position? I really am not concerned if the class you recommend is great in other aspects of the game I just need something good at pve, specifically leveling pve, so I can get a good grasp of the game leveling that class before choosing something to use my level 80 boost on.

Things I tend to like in a class:

  • Passive survivability. This for me helps ease the mistakes. Active survivability abilities are themselves prone to my mistakes.

  • Speed. I like to move fast. Bard in Everquest etc.

  • Simplified rotations that don't rely much on being reactive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/FitzGoneWild
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.