Fallout - Why didn't the Vault Dweller go back to the Brotherhood of Steel?


Why didn't the Vault Dweller go back to the Brotherhood of Steel?

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 07:46 AM PDT

He was a member of that organisation, according to the canon ending. So why didn't he go back to it after getting kicked out of the Vault?

submitted by /u/Mox5
[link] [comments]

The game was rigged from the start (New Vegas Fanart)

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 10:10 AM PDT

http://i.imgur.com/KOC5EXT.png

Made this one over the last couple of days as a bit of Manga Studio practice. Actually an updated version of this piece I did a couple years ago.

If you'd like to see more of my work check out http://www.jacksaint.co.uk/!

submitted by /u/lackingsaint
[link] [comments]

What I love about the Fallout games

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 07:38 AM PDT

Honestly when I played my first fallout game I was a little iffy, but after continuing the games only got better as they went on. But that's not my favourite part, what I really love about these games is replaying them and always being able to find something new. I still find new places or quests I've never done before in these games just because I decide to walk somewhere else this time. It's great honestly. I still read new stuff about some of these games that I never knew you could do to this day.

submitted by /u/DJSmells
[link] [comments]

Loot Crate's: FALLOUT Crate - Reveal Trailer

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 10:36 AM PDT

I'm new to the Sierra Madre - Please tell me this gets better!!!!!

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 12:43 PM PDT

It started off really creepy/cool bit has quickly devolved into tedium... am I alone in this?

http://i.imgur.com/EnWBCNo.jpg

Dean you wimp!

submitted by /u/LittleRedDev
[link] [comments]

Fallout New Vegas stories

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 12:45 PM PDT

Tell about interesting or weird things that happened while playing Fallout New Vegas.

submitted by /u/jock512
[link] [comments]

I built the Commonwealth Nuka Cola Museum to compete with Sierra Petrovita's Capital Wasteland Museum (design process in description)

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 02:18 PM PDT

Album: http://imgur.com/gallery/oCHwK

One of my longest planned projects and probably my main goal for my third playthrough of the game. I had already built the structure and added the neon lettering of the building even before I started Automatron and well before I began Far Harbor.

DESIGN PROCESS

  • I wanted to keep the colour of red running throughout the whole build since it is basically the trademark colour of Nuka Cola.
  • I wanted to focus on the Nuka Cola drink, the Nuka World park, and Nuka World merchandise rather than the DLC or the raider gangs themselves.
  • I didn't want a massive warehouse to build in but rather a small, shack-looking building because I wanted it to be unique but also be small like the Nuka Cola Museum in Fallout 3.
  • I wanted the build to be as realistic as possible i.e. not include every single weapon, Nuka World decoration, or clothing item in the whole DLC but rather have each segment of the museum divided well enough that it would showcase the spirit of Nuka Cola but not overdo it to the point where it would seem unrealistic that I, the sole survivor, would hold all that is in the Nuka World park.

IDEAS THAT DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT

  • The Nuka Girl costume where the cardboard cutouts of Bottle and Cappy are located (next to the display of all Nuka Cola flavours). I thought to myself that I wanted just two mannequins in the centre since it would create a unique atmosphere of that place rather than have the same atmosphere spread throughout the museum.
  • The Thirst Zapper pistol because I was not able to place it on any of the displays neither from the Functional Displays mod (it glitched and faced weird directions) or the Contraptions Workshop DLC.
  • A Nuka Cola rocket the Nuka Girl sits on that would've hanged above the middle area where the mannequins are located because it just looked awkward floating there plus the roof is too low so it looks plain weird and bad.
  • A bumper car or one of the rail cars from Kiddie Kingdom in the centre where the mannequins are since it took up too much space and there wouldn't be enough walking room.
  • Whack-a-Commie (whack-a-mole) arcade game again where the mannequins are since it fit in but it covered the Nuka Cola Vending Machine behind it so it just looked poorly made.
  • The Nuka Cola Vending Machine with the animated cartoon that plays on the vending machines in Nuka World (if anyone can mod it in, with the animation and all to use in building I would greatly appreciate it) would replace the standard machine that is in the current build.
  • A Nuka Cola flag hanging somewhere (probably the back wall where the vending machine is) since I couldn't find a standalone Nuka Cola flag mod.

IDEAS FOR THE FUTURE

  • I would possibly like to add a gift shop to the side or the back of the museum that would sell souvenir items like plates and Nuka Cola lunchboxes as well as Nuka Cola flavours as well.
  • I would like to create a museum of similar size for the Far Harbor DLC that would include the Vim! drink and would focus more on the weaponry and factions of that DLC.
submitted by /u/Balling101
[link] [comments]

I made an minimal Fallout artwork

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 03:27 AM PDT

My Fallout inspired take on the TT Combat Dinogas Filling Station

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 05:09 AM PDT

Hi folks. Long time Fallout player getting keen for the upcoming Fallout tabletop RPG later this year. This is my first piece of Post Apocalyptic terrain. Had a lot of fun putting this together :-)

http://www.richbuilds.com/articles/build-review-tt-combats-dinogas-filling-station-28mm-mdf-wargames-terrain/

submitted by /u/richardathome
[link] [comments]

I might not be able to mod on creation kit, but I have experience modding Dungeons & Dragons. My friends and I have spent a good portion of our summer creating this... FALLOUT[5e]

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 03:10 AM PDT

This is a complete overhaul of dungeons and dragons fifth edition to the fallout universe. This is my attempt to bring Bethesda and Obsidians vision of Fallout to the tabletop. The core rulebook is in 3 sections and I have made a home brewed setting based on my own home state that consists of a guide and sample adventure.

I wanted to make this a true blend between the screen and table and with the help of many I think I've done it. At the beginning of part 3 you can see everyone who knowingly or not contributed to the creation of this system. Many of the rules are not mine, but I'm not trying to take credit for them either. I'm merely curating many rules of my own and others to truly recreate the fallout experience.

We have yet to test this (next tuesday!), but I couldn't wait to get these rules out to the people to play and get feedback! This is purely a passion project and I hope everyone and their dungeon masters appreciate the work!

My setting is in West Virginia and is kind of a suped up Far Harbor where the valleys are stuck in perpetual nuclear winter while the mountain tops allow humanity to thrive. I've made many new factions and curated two new radio playlists one of which has a Protectron DJ, and the other is full of classic country and blues. I have made new monsters using mechanics that probably wouldn't work in the games, so hopefully they feel unique and help you dungeon masters bring the setting to life with unique fauna.


Here is the link to the google drive containing all the PDF's! (I have also optimized most of them for mobile) Have fun wastelanders!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2I0JNtRinA3dXcxa0dHRFZzeHc?usp=sharing


TL;DR FALLOUT DUNGEONS & DRAGONS GO BLOW SHIT UP WITH DICE.

submitted by /u/dm_t-cart
[link] [comments]

Voice Actor Wanted! $20 Steam gift card reward for best submission.

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 02:03 PM PDT

Hello Reddit! I'm searching for a voice actor that can record themselves reading from a script in the tone and likeness of Ron Perlman. By that, I mean read it as if it were an actual Fallout intro cut scene. The reason why I want this is because my friends and I are doing a D&D-like Fallout campaign, and we wish to make it feel as authentic as possible. As promised in the title, the author of the submission I choose to be the one we use for the campaign intro will be rewarded with a 20 Dollar Steam gift card. Below is the script that I'd like to be read and recorded, and the requirements for the recording. Feel free to modify the word choice as you see fit, however please if you do choose to modify the script, please keep the locations and names the same, as they are all crucial to the campaign's plot.

--SCRIPT--

War, <short pause> war never changes.

Since the Bronze Age, war has been mankind's universal solution to conflict. The first recorded war in history was between the nations of Sumer and Elam in 2700 B.C.E., over the settlement of envied land. The ancient civilizations of Mesopotamia were constantly threatened by the chaos of warring kingdoms. Soon, more reasons for war would be introduced. Religion and politics would kill more than ever before. Many scholars would hope for an armageddon to end the need for war. But they would soon learn that war, <short pause> war never changes.

200 years after the great atomic war of 2077, the world has finally begun to recover from its last encounter with war. The end of humanity as we know it has been prolonged, thanks to the events of the past two centuries. The Forced Evolutionary Virus (FEV), has been eradicated for good, and clean drinking water is distributed to all from the Brotherhood of Steel in the Capital Wasteland. Because of this, civilization has been able to rebuild itself. Soon, mankind will be strong enough to wage war once again...

In the barren valleys of New Mexico, the NCR and remnants of a once influential organization, calling themselves the Populus, butt heads over control of the Rio Grande river, and the settlements surrounding it. Their stirring has caused a great deal of trouble in the New Mexico territories, and the local inhabitants are becoming worrisome.

This is where you come in. You are a resident of Vault 121, one of the very few in New Mexico. Before you were born, the door to Vault 121 mysteriously opened, and refused to shut, making the inhabitants of the Vault completely vulnerable to the dangers of the wastes. However, instead of panicking, the dwellers of Vault 121 made due with the strange phenomenon, and began coexisting with the outside world. Today, Vault 121 is the largest trading hub in the Rio Grande commonwealth. Everything that has happened thus far for Vault 121 has been smooth. However, life in the Vault is about to change.

--REQUIREMENTS--

A microphone of decent or better quality is preferred, but not necessarily required. As long as the audio doesn't clip, any quality is ok.

Nothing other than the recording of your voice is necessary for submission. However, you are welcome to have your own creative liberties (background ambiance, music, etc.).

Please send submissions to halb1rd#2281 on Discord. I will reply to you as soon as possible.

No time limit. I will choose a winner when I find a submission that I feel fits best with what I'm looking for.

Thank you for reading!

submitted by /u/halb1rd
[link] [comments]

[HYPOTHETICAL] Fallout: Raiders

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 01:31 PM PDT

Upon going to bed one fateful night, your mind is transported into the mind of a baby belonging to one of the various Raider Clans. At age 10 all your knowledge from your past dimension comes to you in dreams. With knowledge from your world and some of the acclimated knowledge you gained from being a Raider for the first 10 years of your reincarnated life, how do you influence the Fallout Universe?

You can be apart of any established Raider Clan of your choosing and choose what year you were born in the timeline(2141-2525)

Your age advances of course, you don't get stuck at age 10, just to clarify

(x-post from r/hypotheticalsituation due to no interest)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Raiders

submitted by /u/DOMKU
[link] [comments]

[FO4] PipBoyShadows vs Pip-Boy Flashlight (x-post from r/FalloutMods)

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 12:48 PM PDT

These two mods should conflict according to their mod authors but I have seen a number of lists with both installed. Can they actually co-exist? If so, which gets loaded first? If not, which is better?

PipBoyShadows

Pip-Boy Flashlight

submitted by /u/PorkChoppington
[link] [comments]

Best build for just fun in Fallout 4?

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 01:12 PM PDT

I'm in college and want to play some more fallout 4. I have beaten it once already, but don't have time for a serious play through. Thanks

submitted by /u/JBXX155
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 Creation Club

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 12:29 PM PDT

Did the creation club get scrapped? I haven't heard any news on it in a while and I thought they said summer of 2017 was when it would release.

submitted by /u/Jose9012
[link] [comments]

I am playing through new vegas, and I think this is the most invested I've gotten into characters. (SPOILERS)

Posted: 25 Jul 2017 07:08 PM PDT

I just did the quest where you kill Papa Khan, and I feel like shit about it. Like, I did most of the quest and even had him kill Karl, but then snuck in and killed him to secure an alliance with the NCR. He just wanted to do what is right for his people. Damn this game is good.

submitted by /u/clandevort
[link] [comments]

The Sole Survivors relation to synths

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 10:35 AM PDT

This thread goes off of the assumption that generation 3 synths are essentially built humans with a few robotic parts, if you believe synths are nothing but machines (Brotherhood) than you might as well leave now.

I've been thinking for a while and I was wondering, what exactly do you see the Sole Survivor's relationship to synths as. We know Shaun's DNA was used to make synths, that's why they refer to him as father. It also seems that Shaun has a higher view of synths than anyone else in the institute, as it honestly seems he sees himself as their father. But that brings into question, what about "Father's" father? Do you see the Sole Survivor as the grandfather of all synths? I mean genetically they ARE, but what about relationship wise? Do you see them that way? Or do you think that since they weren't born, and have memories of different parents, that they're essentially just random people. What about the Curie romance with this in mind? Is that incestuous?

Just trying to provoke some thought.

submitted by /u/Naga_Sake727
[link] [comments]

Help me understand the appeal to Power Armor

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 05:46 AM PDT

I'm serious about this, to me it seems cumbersome, clunky, loud, can barely fit through a door, and not nearly as invulnerable as it should be. I can see the argument of replacing tanks/APCs, but most brotherhood members walk around with a laser rifle or some other small-arm weapon. Even carrying a mini gun, a large caliber sniper rifle would go right through the thinner parts/joints of the suit. What is the appeal of Power Armor?

submitted by /u/Mursenery
[link] [comments]

Fallout Crate - Reveal Trailer

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 12:09 PM PDT

[Other] Johnny's Story - Random Generator Roleplay Story

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 03:52 PM PDT

Well, here's first part of a my game using https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/6nyoqu/for_fun_i_made_a_random_generator_for_new_vegas/ this random generator as base for my roleplay.

Enjoy and comment what I can improve please :)

Here's link: http://imgur.com/gallery/Br1EW

submitted by /u/Fadlanu
[link] [comments]

Bethesda's Secret Agenda

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 03:51 PM PDT

Bethesda has a secret agenda with the fallout series. It's evident. They're still running fallout releated adverts even though the most recent release Fallout 4 is about 2 years old now. Now I've spotted something in 2 of the adverts so far. And it has lead me to this conclusion.

Fallout is getting a TV Show.

How did I come to it? With the 2 real-life fallout adverts. But hold on. There's more.

The first one is called "The Wanderer" and it came out back in 2015. Now at the time the same speculation occurred. However this advert is merely CGI with hyper stylised art elements and a bit of real life. The power armour is animated onto the actor for example. The comments to it were pretty positive.

The newest one is about the Fallout Crate partnership. It's only like 2 seconds but it shows props! Why is that important? It means that Bethesda hasn't given up. I think that "The Wanderer" was a test run while the Fallout Crate sneak peak was a hidden announcement.

I believe in the two years since any irl fallout Bethesda has contracted someone into making the TV Show. Now that's all my facts let's get onto speculation.

----------------------------Speculation Line don't cross------------------------

I think the wanderer was contracted to a studio that Bethesda trusted for example Netflix or HBO or AMC. It was a mere test if the fans liked it and the studio knew how to Fallout. From there that studio went into pre-production and even casting. At the time of Fallout Crate the studio had finished the casting and pre production and writing and is ready to film.


I really hope this is what Bethesda is planning, if it isn't I'm kinda pissed tbh. But what do you think? Do you want a TV show? Please tell me in the comments.

submitted by /u/TXIuIENvZGU
[link] [comments]

Accidentally killed Caesar halfway thru the game and need to go back a few steps [New Vegas]

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 03:50 PM PDT

Soooo, thing is, I sided with yes man and sympathised with the NCR, so the Legion hates me now. And I dont know why I went to the Fort to see what happend. Now I kinda killed almost everyone(including the caesar) and have a lot of the game to play yet. Is there a way I can go back before killing him or maybe something that makes it seem nothing happend? Or do I have to start again from my last save? If there is some kind of command for this and you know it, well, help me...

submitted by /u/DylansUniqueBlues
[link] [comments]

[FO4] Question regarding Factions, Possible Spoilers

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 12:04 PM PDT

How The Minutemen Could Have Been Better

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 09:22 AM PDT

They should have been the anarchy/independence faction, like Yes Man. When you saved them from concord, they would be under your command, like now. However, you could guide them in any direction you wanted to. You could decide which factions to leave alone, enslave, or destroy. If you went down a darker path, Preston would leave you. For example, you could kill off every faction, wiping the slate clean. You could also bring every faction under your command. But those are extremes. You could decide the exact fate of the commonwealth.

You could also equip your troops with different weapons and armor and choose the size of your army. For example, if you destroyed the brotherhood and took their stuff, you could have your minutemen in power armor. If you enslaved the Institute, you could use it as your base of operations. Factions would also offer schematics for helping them. For example, if you helped the railroad by saving synths, they would equip your troops with heavy railroad armor.

As for your army, you can bring them with you wherever you want. You can choose who joins, their equipment, and the size of the force. You can also assign them to certain places.

As for DLC, it would tie into them and give you unique dialouge if you worked with the minutemen to overcome the DLC. You could confront the children of atom with them, and you could convince the confessor to abandon the nucleus. In nuka-world, you could make them into a gang.

That's it.

submitted by /u/Mysteriex
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.