World of Warcraft - Skirmish Sunday - your weekly PvP thread!


Skirmish Sunday - your weekly PvP thread!

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 03:08 AM PDT

As always, all PvP comments, questions, and discussion are welcome!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

I've been working on a feature-length Warcraft film for over two years, check out the trailer!

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 09:09 AM PDT

Blizz, can the invasions stop overriding PvP WQs which last less than 6 hours?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 06:08 AM PDT

Dear devs, I understand that the idea behind the invasions overriding world quests is that when there is a demon army attacking, there's no time to take care of the squirrels and nuts.

But if bareback brawl pops up at 3PM with 4 marks of honor and I go do it, I don't want it overridden by THE BURNING LEGION DARE TO ATTACK THE LAND OF STORMHEIM. Mainly because the 4 quests (bareback brawl, darkbrul arena, black rook rumble and murloc freedom) take 6 hours, so before the invasion ends, they're over and essentially wasted.

edit: to further prove my point, pet world quests are completely unaffected for some reason.

submitted by /u/Fermander
[link] [comments]

Managed to get 159% Base Movement Speed as a Havoc DH (Mastery Increases Mvt. Speed)

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 08:00 AM PDT

Gross, Aranelle. Clean up after yourself you disgust me.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 08:56 AM PDT

Each Legion patch has been released exactly 77 days apart; Theories on 7.3+

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 02:38 AM PDT

Patch release dates...

7.1.0 - 2016-10-25

7.1.5 - 2017-01-10

7.2.0 - 2017-03-28

7.2.5 - 2017-06-13 (Most likely, since ToS is released the 20th)

Citation for ToS release; http://www.wowhead.com/news=265103/tomb-of-sargeras-raid-unlock-schedule-normal-on-june-20th

7.1.0 - 'Return to Karazhan' dungeon, 'Trial of Valor' raid

7.1.5 - 'Nighthold' raid

7.2.0 - 'Cathedral of Eternal Darkness' dungeon

7.2.5 - 'Tomb of Sargeras' raid

Time between patches

7.1.0 - 7.1.5 - 77 days

7.1.5 - 7.2.0 - 77 days

7.2.0 - 7.2.5 - 77 days

Funny thing about the number 77; it always lands on the day it started it seems, leaving us with the day of Tuesday each time. (Derp, since it's divisible by 7. But still!)

Therefore, we can assume (that the plan is, at the very least)...

August 29th, 2017...

7.3.0 ('Argus' instance + new zone)

November 14th 2017... (shortly after Blizzcon, where 8.0 is probably announced given an expansion has been generally announced on odd number years, released on even number years.)

7.3.5 ('Mac'Aree' or other Argus raid)

If there is a 7.4, though I highly doubt it, it would, by this model, be released on January 30th, 2018.

What do you all think? Reading into nothing, or do we now have 7.3 and 7.3.5's release dates?

submitted by /u/Das_Momo
[link] [comments]

hmmmmmm

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 07:39 AM PDT

When you're not up to date on m+ affixes

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 01:41 PM PDT

Brewmasters have a special unsheathe stance; can clothies get one where they place their staff on the ground?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 04:25 AM PDT

I always feel like the standard unsheathe stance for staves seems so awkward. I half-expect to place the staff on the ground. It would make sense to hold it at your side when you're moving, but switch back after you stand still.

submitted by /u/camclemons
[link] [comments]

When you start Crusadin'

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 04:41 PM PDT

[ANNOUNCEMENT] The Method Majors - Arena tournament series - $8000 events!

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 02:35 PM PDT

For the Alliance!?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 10:02 AM PDT

What are your top3 most wanted races?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 10:54 AM PDT

These are mine, from most to wanted to just wanted:

  1. Naga
  2. Ethereal
  3. Vrykul
submitted by /u/iEXTERMINATUS
[link] [comments]

Finally beat FDK Mage Tower at ilvl 894! Wanted to share a couple of tips that you don't see on the popular guides.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 03:10 AM PDT

I did it!

Took about ~50 tries, the most infuriating one being where I got to the second boss and the EU servers crashed :')

Anyhow, the the fellow stragglers, here's a couple of things I found to be an absolute must:

  1. WW and AMS are exlusively for clone phase. If you blow any of these at any other time you'll die in that phase. Learn to make do without them. Which brings me to:

  2. You don't need any CD's to survive Razor Ice. A lot of guides suggest rotating your defencive CD's to survive those. It's okay in the very start of the fight but I suggest you don't do it there either to condition yourself to deal with it in the future where shit gets more intense. So how to deal with ice you ask:

  3. Bank Rime procs. I can't stress this enough. Whenever you feel like he's about to do Razor Ice or clones, keep that rime proc and just oblit him, even if you're starved, just swing away and keep yourself alive. Hitting the ice with Rime takes a huge chunk of its health, same with clones. Once you get a better feel of the timing on his abilities try preparing by popping RW to have frozen soul coming up when you need it.

  4. Keep the boss in the center. I know that every guide mentions this but I feel like I need to reiterate this. I never did clone-by-clone strategy, which I found extremely unreliable and annoying. I always ran straight to the boss with AMS+WW, which I honestly think is the proper way of doing it. It is, however, impossible if Xylem ports too far away, which will only happen if you're fighting him on the edge of the arena. Get in the habbit of gripping him to the center after he's done a bunch of casts in whichever phase he is. (I know I'm being vague here but I don't think there's a strict sequence to his casts after the initial phases.)

  5. Most importantly, DON'T GIVE UP! I had incredibly stupid deaths where I was otherwise doing well and getting close. I wanted to throw my keyboard bu I kept trying and I got it! You improve on every try, eventually you will get it too!

Good luck!

submitted by /u/Vachna
[link] [comments]

Dynamic Race Expansion

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 01:45 PM PDT

Gonna try to keep this from getting too rambly, cause I know a lot of these ideas have been talked about in depth all over the place. But I wanted to sort of compile everything I think would be great in a character/race featured expansion, similar to how Legion focused on classes.

The Engine

Base Animations

First of all, I'd love to see some more animations added to the mix. I posted a month ago about dynamic falling, and I could see them doing similar things with races for their other basic animations, like swimming and jumping.

Plausibility?

I think it's reasonable. We got the model updates in WoD, which were amazing in my opinion, but some of the animations just don't look as great when they're super repetitive, regardless of how much they polish facial expressions.

Voice Options

I love the character voices my characters have, but I wish they'd be slightly different between characters of the same race. In this instance, I'm not asking for a lot. At the very least, a pitch slider might be nice, but if they really wanted to go all out, they could add a couple actual different voices for each race. Just another level of customization.

Plausibility?

Sure. Again, if they didn't want to put the resources into hiring more voice actors and making more options for every race and gender, I think a pitch modifier could work.

The Gameplay

Race Campaigns

Tons of people have talked about this, so I won't go into detail. Pretty straightforward. Gnomes retake Gnomeregan, Worgen retake Gilneas, I'm sure the Draenei will have a lot to do once we get back to Argus, etc.

Plausibility?

Totally up to their direction for the story. Definitely plausible, but obviously it'd be as much of a commitment as doing the class questlines.

Side Note: I'd also love to see if later on in the expansion, certain races team up. Like Gnomes and Dwarves work together for some things, or even doing some cross-faction stuff like Gnomes and Goblins!

Racial Artifacts

Personally, I haven't seen this discussed, though I'm sure I'm not the first to think of it. Each race would have their own class-specific (not spec-specific) artifacts, and they'd function pretty similarly to the artifacts we have now. I love the artifact system, and I think it'd be really cool to give race-specific buffs to different classes. Like, maybe Worgen Rogues have a special attack out of stealth buff? Granted, I think the buffs would also have to be way more general, and focus more on % buffs to attacks, as opposed to very specific racial abilities. Maybe each class for each race would give you a single new active racial at the end of the talent chain, so things wouldn't get too out of hand.

Plausibility?

It's iffy for sure. It'd be giving a lot more weight to your decision for a race, but I'll touch on that at the end. In terms of generalizing specs, it could work in the same way certain talents do (just have similar spells in the same talent slot for spec-specific ones).

Sub Races

Just wanted to say this here. I love the idea of sub races, but this idea doesn't particularly focus on it. I think it could be doable, but it wouldn't be able to be too much of a story focus. In my personal opinion, the main "sub races" I think we need are Brown Orcs and Wildhammer/Dark Iron Dwarves (I'm sure there are arguments for others, but I think these would be easily the least lore-breaking, and it'd be fair faction-wise). They're solidified members of their respective factions, moreso than some of the other stretches. Like yeah the starting zones may be wonky, but a lot of that history is muddled by now (another thing I'll touch on later).

Starting Zones

Told you I'd touch on it. They need to be updated. Again, pretty straightforward. They could foreshadow the endgame racial campaigns and give you something to strive for the moment you make your character. Also, this could clear up issues with Dark Irons and Wildhammers being in Dun Morogh (Just clarify the place in the story and update the zones to reflect it).

An alternative idea that I will not really go into at all is that next expac could be a new world revamp like Cataclysm. If that's the case, then I wouldn't particularly expect the racial campaigns (though it's possible, it would be a TON of work, in addition to the main story/raids/etc.) If this happens, I could see the starting zones being updated, and possibly the subraces I mentioned being added, but nothing more than that in terms of racial campaigns.

Plausibility?

Depends, really. Can't really say anything for sure, as good a guess as an expansion prediction. Possible, yes. Plausible, no idea.

Other Thoughts

World of Warcraft should be more about the individual races than it is currently. I want my choice of race to go beyond the starting zone and my appearance. Sure, some people choose races based around whichever race is best in the meta, but that's up to those people. Just like there are people who stick with classes through thick and thin, I want to feel that connection to my race. More than my class, in that sense. You can't even get a class change, yet people still complain about "forcing" race changes for a single racial. Granted, class balance gets enough complaining on its own.

The way I see it, it's something that should (and will) happen eventually. So there has to be a point where they bite the bullet if they want to keep the game fresh, even with new expacs. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, and I think they're releasing some great content. But I think the class campaigns are some of the best content they've done, and doing the same thing again wouldn't have the same effect. Doing it with races would.

I'm sorry for the people who don't have a connection to the race they play, and only play whichever one is statistically the best. I'm sure you'll still be able to do that if they add more depth to the choice. It's not how I'd ever want to play the game. And I don't think it's how the the game, set in such a colorful world of options, is meant to be played.

Side Note: Ideally, they'd provide at least one free race change, and possibly the ability to do a scaled version of the new starting zones for your max level characters.

The End

Thanks for reading, if you did. Again, I know everything as been at least touched upon, but I really love the ideas people have come up with and I wanted to start another discussion based on what I personally think would be ideal. I'd love it if people who disagreed also voiced their counterpoints! I've thought about some of these points a lot more than others, so it'd be helpful to know where the holes are. Thanks!

submitted by /u/DrToadigerr
[link] [comments]

Khadgar is a fucking giant

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 06:50 PM PDT

To-do list addon?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 11:32 AM PDT

Does anyone know of a to-do list addon that allows you to set seperate Daily and Weekly tasks and resets With the lockout?

I'm farming a ton of old content at the moment, and i tend to forget some things every day/week.

Hopefully there's some sort of addon out there that fits my needs. Sadly the only i've found from a quick search hasn't been updated for ~5 years.

submitted by /u/About20Pandas
[link] [comments]

This is the only thing I miss from Warlords of Draenor

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 06:32 AM PDT

Anyone got any idea what this thing is?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 08:27 AM PDT

Why is the reward for completing the 10 arena skirmishes such shit?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 10:46 AM PDT

The 1 k honor is nice, I guess. But my beef is with the loot box... the challenge of doing random arenas and getting 10 victories with random teammates seems to be a much larger challenge then most of the other weekly quests.

The 5 time waking dungeons you can get a 900 item lvl piece of gear and you can easily smash through those... but the one that requires some skill in PvP, nah you just got a shit potion. 😡

Am I wrong here? Anyone feel the same and like Blizz needs to fix this shat?

submitted by /u/Da-Moon-Rulez
[link] [comments]

How to Solo Blackrock Foundry Heroic

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 02:34 PM PDT

I modified the sound effects for chaos-bolt and channel-demon-fire to sound more "destructive"

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 03:25 PM PDT

World server ms?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 11:26 AM PDT

Anyone else having latency issues today? Some weird nonsense makes me think world server is having problems..

submitted by /u/forgottenwoden
[link] [comments]

Since Darkmoon Faire is back in town, I had a couple of thoughts ....

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 03:30 PM PDT

wouldn't it be grand if you could fly in DMF once you were exhalted with them ? Or ANY other special reward would be nice. Maybe a quartermaster where mages could learn a DMF port, and transmogs to match the carnies. Anything at all, really.

submitted by /u/avatarofshadow
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.