Minecraft - This is a build that I've been working on for the past 6 months by myself on the survival server I play on. I wanted to show this off here b/c I just hit the halfway point. So, welcome to Oum Cathedral.


This is a build that I've been working on for the past 6 months by myself on the survival server I play on. I wanted to show this off here b/c I just hit the halfway point. So, welcome to Oum Cathedral.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 11:21 AM PDT

i wonder how this texture i just download loo-JESUS CHRIST

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 11:06 PM PDT

A perfect day to go ice fishing!

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 01:32 PM PDT

The Minecraft texture color palette has always bothered me, so I'm renewing all the textures by recoloring them the right way.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 02:57 PM PDT

(xpost from r/woahdude) How I like to build.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 04:33 PM PDT

My friend and I wanted to give our sheep one simple message. OBEY.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 03:48 AM PDT

Here is a quick update to my vanilla retexture that shows off everything I've done so far. I'm hyped that you guys are looking forward to it!

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 06:36 PM PDT

Mildly Interesting Pattern Found in Nether

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 03:14 PM PDT

Made a game where the goal is dominating the world with alliances. (I in the yellow team with no allies and my cousins are red blue) I can't tell if I'm losing or not. (Gold blocks are capitals of a nation and diamond blocks are cities).

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 11:28 AM PDT

Instead of buffing mobs because the player can become too OP, the player should not be able to become so invincible against everything at once in the first place

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 07:41 AM PDT

Problem with straight out buffs is early game players get an impossibly hard game, while late game players get a slight challenge.

So instead of buffs, I think there should be changes to just how powerful a player can become.

A huge problem with this games balance is the Protection enchantment. It reduces all damage. Why would I bother with Projectile Protection, or Blast Protection when a full set of Protection IV does the exact same and more? You don't. Any player who's played for more than a month knows that Protection trumps all other Protection types.

Protection should be removed. Hold on though, I know what you're thinking: "What about melee mobs or players? Melee will become too OP with nothing to protect against it!" That's why I also suggest a new enchantment:
Piercing Protection.

It would go to tier IV just like all the other Protection enchants. It would affect melee damage from mobs or players just like the current Protection does, except that's all it protects against.

There should also be Magic Protection, protects against magic damage like Protection but not anything else.
And as you may know, Protection enchantments can't be combined with other types.
So now we have a system where you can decide what you want to be protected against the most, or use one type on each armor piece to be protected a good amount against anything. Or you could go full melee tank. Or if you're better with a bow you might go full Projectile Protection.

TL;DR: You should be able to excel in some areas with enchants, or have a decent amount of protection against anything, but not all around full damage protection against everything like the Protection enchantment does.

submitted by /u/cookieyo
[link] [comments]

I animated the cubic bucket textures that /u/nox-cgt made.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 11:38 AM PDT

What could I add to this small space here? (Desert Village)

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 10:04 AM PDT

Decided to make myself a comfortable home

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 04:53 AM PDT

TIL the map gets smaller and fits in the right hand when the off-hand is occupied.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 10:56 AM PDT

Hey r/minecraft! Here is a picture of a mansion I built. How is it?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 06:29 PM PDT

AirBoat in Minecraft.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 09:08 AM PDT

I've got a big ol' tower, and now I need to spice the area around it up! Any ideas?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 09:42 AM PDT

Small Moon Base!

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 02:15 PM PDT

The nether looks better without the fog and 32 chunk rendering.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 03:35 AM PDT

Microsoft Adds Marketplace and "Minecraft Coins" to Pocket and Windows 10 Editions

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 04:19 AM PDT

What moment in survival made you want to quit playing for awhile?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 02:19 PM PDT

For me, I was spending at least 2 hours in the caves, got 7 diamonds, 2 stacks of gold, found a enchanted apple, and stacks of iron and then suddenly a zombie comes out of nowhere and kills me with a iron sword that was enchanted, what were the chances. I think I'm done playing minecraft for a few months.

I think I'm just going to play the game of life instead...

submitted by /u/neonpad
[link] [comments]

Japanese castle on a flying island I built

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 02:32 PM PDT

Why I Think the (MCPE) Plugin API Won't be Worse than Forge

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 02:24 PM PDT

So occasionally, I have seen some stigma towards the upcoming Plugin API for Windows 10/Pocket/TV/VR/Education(?)/XBox One Editions of the game (a.k.a Bedrock Codebase Edition), with the general attitude being "this won't be great at all compared to Java Modding". Well, if we were just comparing the capabilities of editing the base game, then that would be correct. However there are more factors to consider when it comes to this, so here are my reasons why the Plugin API will not be as bad as people make it out to be:

  1. Not the JSON files: First of, I would like to clear up a common misconception (from what I've seen) that people believe the JSON stuff they came out with is the whole API. Well, it's not. The Plugin API is going to be based around C#, as shown at Minecon.
  2. Sever Compatible: The problem with Java Mods editing the game engine is that they are not really compatible with servers, or at least in the sense that a vanilla client can't connect to a modded server. As stated by u/sliced_lime in this topic(scroll down) MCPE Plugins will be server compatible. This not only means you can join a "modded" server without a "modded" client, but also gives server owners a lot more power, making MCPE a better Edition of Minecraft for servers than Java Edition currently is.
  3. Realms Compatible: If you looked at the topic I linked in 2, then you will noticed that Realms compatibility was also confirmed. This is something Java mods will never be not only because they are already server compatible, but the fact that they edit the game engine directly means that they would pose a huge security risk to Mojang if they were Realms compatible. Well, unless they wanted to curate all 7804+ mods every time they have an update. Ain't nobody got time for that!
  4. Negating Security Risks: I already said that Java Mods would pose a huge security risk to Mojang if added to realms. Well, there's more to it than that: Mods pose a security risk to anyone that uses them as they basically have access to your entire computer. Heck, you could disguise Malware as a Minecraft mod, something that people have already been doing. There is very little I can do to sugarcoat that other than telling you that yes, there are many mods you can trust not to delete your system32 folder. Because Bedrock Codebase Plugins do not edit the game engine, Mojang is able to negate that risk while still giving plugin-creators lots of power to alter the game.
  5. Negate Issues Caused By Editing the Game Engine: As Java Mods directly edit the game engine, issues are bound to arise. It's kinda like directly hard-wiring your computer directly to your house's electrical grid instead of using in outlet. Sure, you can be careful and doing it right, but someone else not doing it right/carefully will inevitability cause major problems. Similarly here, modifying the game engine results in many mod incompatibilities. However, by having a Plugin API as the "outlet", so to speak, Mojang can mediate the way in which plugins interact with the source code. This will help prevent these kinds of issues, though it is important to note that this will not be flawless.
  6. More Devices: Currently a limitation for modded is that it can only be played on PC. As Bedrock Codebase edition spreads to every possible platform, all platforms will have access to almost the same capabilities as modded Minecraft, while just like Realms, they basically have nothing like modded.
  7. Can be per world and bundled with worlds: While this has not been said by the devs directly, it is been heavily implied that Plugins can be bundled with worlds in the same way that Behavior and Resource Packs currently can. This will completely eliminate the need for separate launchers and directories for different mod packs.
  8. Add-Ons Allow Easy Modification: Despite what I said earlier, Add-Ons are a part of the larger Plugin API. As many of you already know, you can mix and match components for mobs and some items for a large amount of customization. Soon, this will be extended fully to items, blocks, and who know what else. When you combine these with Plugins, you get a very high level of customization of those things. Currently, you have to use hacky methods on Java Edition to get that level of customization, which will may break compatibility with other mods. And before you point out this is a limitation with the current system, u/sliced_lime did say that was something he wanted to fix in the topic linked in number 2. Edit: Keep in mind though that Add-Ons may very well be brought to Java Edition some day.
  9. Will Actually be Very Powerful: While it is true that they may not have as much raw power as Java Mods, it has been stated (in the topic linked in number two) that Plugins will be able to access every part of the game. While this does not mean they will be able to access everything, it does mean they will be a lot more powerful than many people make them out to be.

Long story short, Plugins may not have the same raw power that Java Mods have, but have a lot more than people think, but it makes up for the power it doesn't have in so many ways. Thank you for reading, hope you found this informative, and feel free to point out anything that I missed.

submitted by /u/ZoCraft2
[link] [comments]

Here is a part of my base, I need some suggestion guys

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 09:46 AM PDT

Pumpkin Farming

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 04:13 PM PDT

I am making a pumpkin farm, using 2000 pumpkin stems. If the stems are fully grown, how many pumpkins would I be able to farm an hour?

*This is automatic - sorry for any spelling mistakes//not detailed, its coming 2am and very tired and want to do this as I wake up tomorrow!

submitted by /u/KhajitSkooma
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.