Learn Dota 2 - Strategy Discussion - The Jungle |
- Strategy Discussion - The Jungle
- EternalEnvy medusa build?
- PSA: Enemy team all late carry? Punish them, don't jungle.
- The State Of The Game & Why I'm Leaving The Modteam
- Items for tankers
- Why does Underlord have such a good win rate?
- Your last item in Siltbreaker should be Eul's Scepter
- What are your favorite matches or who are your favorite pros to study?
- Welp I'm out of sub-1k finally, tips?
- Is there anything I could have done that would've led my team to a victory?
- Arteezy's smurf
- enchantress boots
- How do you lane against sniper mid as a QOP
- What hero should I master?
- Support role needing help
- What is a good carry hero that works well early game but can also scale into late?
- Does anyone have recent Invoker QW replays for me to relearn? Or even WE if it's any viable.
- The relevance of the net worth?
- carrying lower mmr players
- Trying to learn Puck. Help me with contextual skill and item builds?
- Arc Warden Micro help
- Ranked vs Unranked matchmaking and other differences
- Am I farming right?
- Returning player
| Strategy Discussion - The Jungle Posted: 18 Jun 2017 01:31 AM PDT Regardless of whether your team has a dedicated jungler or not, those neutral camps offer a valuable (and tempting) source of additional farm to those who can make use of them. However, when and how to jungle can be a divisive issue - from players insisting on running an inefficient jungler at the expense of weak lanes to a carry constantly returning to farm the jungle instead of pushing after a successful teamfight, it's not hard to find an example of people using the jungle poorly. Here's some questions to aid discussion:
Helpful links: Last week's discussion - Mid Lane [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 06:24 PM PDT in game 5 of BTS grandfinal MP built blademail on medusa and one of the casters mentioned this was EE's build. he said that he used to get midas before blademail but now gets it after. I've never heard of this build before and was wondering if anyone knows about it [link] [comments] |
| PSA: Enemy team all late carry? Punish them, don't jungle. Posted: 18 Jun 2017 01:25 AM PDT I just had a game, I feel so angry right now. Enemy picked LC, WR, Weaver, TA, Troll. We have Sniper(me), PA, Medusa, Clock, Lion. Medusa flamed the enemies at the start for their all carry team, yet surprise surprise, Medusa jungled for like 30mins, effectively killing our win condition to end early. I was all-chatting in the end cause this medusa blamed PA for not having farm that she said, resulted to our demise. this became a little rant, but I feel this warranted. Im so sorry. [link] [comments] |
| The State Of The Game & Why I'm Leaving The Modteam Posted: 18 Jun 2017 07:26 PM PDT Hey all of r/Learndota2, This post may be a little weird for all the newer players or new members of the subreddit, but I expect at least a fair share of old regulars will understand where I'm coming from with what I'm about to explain in this post. I've played Dota since ever, as a lot of people here and friends of mine have, I always felt motivated to train and learn, and then teach about the game, because I saw Dota as this very patrician game that fulfilled the competitive need of the most hardcore and hour investing archetype of players out there; and, to put it simply, the game has gone through a series of changes that have very much, in my eyes, taken away from that essence. This wasn't overnight; I've seen Valve try new things on the Dota 2 platform since the successes of Ti4 and Ti5; things that included all kinds of new ideas, like Dota 2 Reborn for example at one point, and then came Battle Passes, The Majors, etcetera; a ton of stuff, plus 7.00 and all those big changes. It may sound counter-intuitive to many, but I feel like these changes take away from what Dota is supposed to be. I don't know how to explain it, but I guess I just kind of held the Dota 2 brand as a videogame to a higher standard, a standard that you wouldn't fuck with, a game constructed in such a way that you don't "try new things with". I'm a purist, there's no way around it, but I never expected to have to abandon a game I was so invested in for that. Dota, today, is filled to the brim of things that I can't recognize as the game taking itself seriously at that. Co Op campaigns, gambling your ELO, choosing your heroes to complete personal challenges in exchange of untradeable cosmetics, etc. This isn't something new by the way, even back before Dota Reborn we had the Chinese New year stuff with the New Year Beast and all that stupid bullshit that I feel is Valve plain and simply failing to respecting their game, or straight out not understanding what that game's positioning is supposed to be versus the rest of Mobas out there. Even the new cosmetics, which feels like nitpicking, but proves my point to an extent, are becoming more and more unlike-of-Dota, if that makes sense. I would've never bet on Valve to put a companion cube wisp in their game, and that's a huge stretch. To summarize, I am feeling powerless before the game changing itself into losing it's identity; for a game that became my main daily activity other than real life responsibilities, to be changed without regard makes me feel a little insulted. You know how you can never quit Dota cause leaving for a few days gives you the craves and you just gotta go for a game after that break? I had that for many many years, and I lost it about the time 7.00 came out (not that it's a bad update, you read the post), and it never came back. I don't ever "feel like playing a game of Dota", and I certainly don't feel like writing a guide on anything about the game; it's not me burning out, the changes just pushed me away from it. That's why I am leaving the moderation team. Now, for all the new players: I believe Dota is at a new dawn of sorts for you guys, it's not the game I signed up to play, but it's a very different but I suppose still very fun video game, and you should not be discouraged by a grumpy purist's view. If you wanna ride a manta ray as your batrider mount, and level up your talents as you complete quests and play the Siltbreaker campaign, that's fine. I guess the game is morphing for a new generation of players, the "overwatch" generation of casual players; and misfit competitive gaming-meatheads like myself are fit to find a new way to pass time. -TheDrGoo TL;DR: Dota 2 has become too corporate for my taste. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 07:16 PM PDT So i've been wondering why is it that people playing tank heroes always bought the same items almost every game such as vanguard and dagger etc. Is there any items that is rarely used by players but is suitable for tankers? [link] [comments] |
| Why does Underlord have such a good win rate? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 05:09 AM PDT I think he's win rate in pubs at the moment is 58%, which is insane. I don't really understand what he has that makes him like this? Pros obviously don't see him as that good despite his winrate. Any ideas? [link] [comments] |
| Your last item in Siltbreaker should be Eul's Scepter Posted: 18 Jun 2017 07:51 AM PDT tl;dr avoiding the shockwaves / tornadoes is more important than adding a little more damage, so grab a Eul's If everything has gone well during your game, then by the time you get to Rhyzik, you should be 5 or 6-slotted already. Although there are a few more items (Moonshard, Dagon 5, etc.) that would be nice to have, chances are that you already have enough damage to kill Rhyzik in a reasonable amount of time. The major obstacle to you completing the boss is, instead, dying. Part of avoiding that is simply learning attack patterns and hero roles, and you should read this guide for that information instead. Otherwise, the single largest cause of death (in my observation) is getting caught out by the shockwaves and tornadoes that Rhyzik sends out. You obviously can learn to dodge these, but there are also lots of reasons why they might get you anyway:
It's possible to avoid all these issues just by being good, but do you really want to risk ending the last hour's mission on a failure because you overestimated your ability to dodge attack patterns? Sounds dumb to me, so instead just buy a Eul's as a safety measure. Every time the hazards start, swap it into your backpack and continue dodging them as normal. If you get into trouble, you now have a 'panic button' for a few seconds of invulnerability while you plan your next move (or simply wait out the end of the phase). Either way, swap it back out and your major item will come off cooldown in time to still contribute to the next phase. Unless you're attempting a speedrun, I just don't think a few extra Dagon recipes / a completed Moonshard / etc. are nearly as valuable as being able to virtually guarantee you survive two of Rhyzik's attack phases even if you make positioning errors. Grab a Eul's. [link] [comments] |
| What are your favorite matches or who are your favorite pros to study? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 12:10 PM PDT Bonus points for links, obviously. I am a big "watch and learn" type of guy, but I want to watch and learn from people who know what they're doing. Who are your favorite pros to watch? Do you have any particular pro matches that you recommend for their unique teamfights, their strategic innovation, or simply their entertainment value? Post 'em if you got 'em! [link] [comments] |
| Welp I'm out of sub-1k finally, tips? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 05:30 PM PDT Finally made it out of below 1k mmr. Any tips? I feel like my farming isn't as efficient as it needs to be, so anything on that would be appreciated. Also pretty much anything else I suppose :P I usually will find myself playing safe/off/mid carry. I'd love to support but as I've seen many and many times again, support efforts are usually overlooked and not efficiently used in low mmrs to the point it's not all that worth playing support. Maybe give some opinions on whether or not to. My Dotabuff: Darth Scrub Screenshot: Screenshot [link] [comments] |
| Is there anything I could have done that would've led my team to a victory? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 05:08 PM PDT https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3258708149 (I was the Ember Spirit) I felt like I as an individual did well, but also I don't know what I really could have done to further help my team. I'd really appreciate if somebody could watch the replay for me and critique my choices. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 04:45 PM PDT I really want to watch some Arteezy games to learn farm patterns etc but I can't find his smurf account. Is there any websites where I can view his replays etc? Any replies very appreciated [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 06:40 AM PDT So, what do you think, mana boots, treads or phase? I'm inclined to go to arcanes because of them restoring mana to your creeps, means you can spam the spells more, like the satyrs purple ball thing but on dotabuff treads and phase are much more popular. https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/enchantress/guides [link] [comments] |
| How do you lane against sniper mid as a QOP Posted: 17 Jun 2017 11:52 PM PDT I just played probably the most frustrating match of my life. I picked QOP into sniper because I thought the gap closing and nukes would be nice against him. However, he just spammed shrapnel mid and auto attack me and I was bullied out of lane. I tried to blink + dagger + scream on top of him whenever there aren't enemy creeps nearby and he'll get low but he'll bring out more regen or shrine. I was really behind in lane and couldn't even farm under my tower. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 01:49 PM PDT I've lost my past 10 games in a row, I don't even gamble my chips anymore cause I know I won't win lol. I just want to get really good with one hero so I stop losing. Who is good in the meta right now and fairly easy to master? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 01:45 PM PDT Just swapped to role 5 and really trying to get a high MMR by the end of the summer, so I need all the help I can get. If anyone is willing to watch my replay and let me know on you think I can improve on it would be greatly appreciated. https://www.opendota.com/matches/3258699108 Maka-Warlock That's the replay, I think I could work on my itemization along with other things, but let me know what you guys think. Thanks so much In advance. [link] [comments] |
| What is a good carry hero that works well early game but can also scale into late? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 11:21 AM PDT I play with some friends and noticed we struggle a lot mid game (15-25min range), what carry can I play that could help me during that period but also scale well into the 40+min if needed? [link] [comments] |
| Does anyone have recent Invoker QW replays for me to relearn? Or even WE if it's any viable. Posted: 18 Jun 2017 10:58 AM PDT Or maybe know any streamer who plays it well? It's been a long time I don't play dota, and now that I'm back I'm finding Invoker a little weaker (I've always hated QE), and I don't know why. Hoping to relearn it watching people playing. [link] [comments] |
| The relevance of the net worth? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 02:45 AM PDT I'm curious about my recent match where both sf and potm farm for 3.2/10 of the match time. Both have around the same net worth. Yet in terms of items I believe sf has way better/more items than me. I have two questions here :
[link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 07:39 AM PDT So lately in int ranked ive been getting a heap of games 500-1000 mmr below my skill level ( im roughly 2700-2900 in non-int ranked). I feel like every game i have to go mid and carry the team or itll be a straight forward loss every game. Ive lost 400 mmr last week or 2 mostly from lower games like these. Any recommendatins of what to do in these sort of games? I usually like to play heroes that are mobile and magic dmg, so i suppose tower hitting isnt usually a strong point of my game. Maybe I should just play sven or somethign and carry them by straight outfarming them massively. Any tips appreciated :) [link] [comments] |
| Trying to learn Puck. Help me with contextual skill and item builds? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 07:26 AM PDT I've been practicing Puck a lot lately and really like the hero mechanically. I'd like to get better and know how to build depending on the line-up. Normally, I start with a null, build boots, then a wand, then blink. Afterward, I finish treads then go to Eul's. However, I'm not sure when/if I should maybe get a veil. I also don't know what to build after the Eul's... usually I get aghs, but I see a lot of pros go for Dagon. I'm also not sure how to prioritize skill build. I usually focus on maxing orb and silence--but are more points in phase shift more valuable than either of those? How do you build the hero and make these decisions? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 05:29 AM PDT I would really like some advice on what combination of hotkeys I should use in order to best micro as an Arc Warden. [link] [comments] |
| Ranked vs Unranked matchmaking and other differences Posted: 18 Jun 2017 04:59 AM PDT Quick question: does Ranked matchmaking tend to be better than Unranked? (Party in both cases as I'll be in a 2-stack.) I ask because recently it feels like I've been seeing some pretty unfair matchmaking one way or the other in Unranked, and I'm debating playing Ranked with my stack partner to see if it's better. Would you advise that? Are there other issues we should be taking into account? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 10:36 AM PDT As Phantom Assassin, I go to each camp and kill the creeps there. As simple as it sounds, is this the right way to farm? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 03:28 AM PDT Hello, I am a returning player, played on and off during my 'break', and i just took a look at my recent games and realized I'm currently on a 21 game losing streak (lol). I wasn't good to begin with, but i had a win rate of about 51% previously. Due to my losing streak, I think it has fallen to about 49%. How can I get back into shape? [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Learndota2. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment