Guild Wars 2 - When I play my Revenant in WvW...


When I play my Revenant in WvW...

Posted: 14 May 2017 11:22 AM PDT

Wholesome wvw experience

Posted: 14 May 2017 12:39 PM PDT

Background: This is the third week SBI has been against BG. SBI can barely play in Tier 2 and is currently in Tier 1. JQ and BG are the Top NA wvw servers and have way more player coverage.

So I just logged in to play wvw and seen that we were getting hammered. JQ had our keep in eternal battlegrounds for an hour and would not let us take it. So as a BG zerg came to attack the keep I '/cheer'ed for them. They got the walls down and snaked JQ out of the keep. They proceeded to take down the gate in-front of our spawn and '/wave'd us in.

This is the highlight for me after playing wvw for a year and following my server through the ups and downs. Just wanted to share the story with others. :)

submitted by /u/StrikerM
[link] [comments]

Walk In Wardrobe Idea

Posted: 14 May 2017 08:55 AM PDT

This idea might have been suggested before but I like the idea of having a walk in wardrobe to preview gear properly. It could be a home instance thing or perhaps an asuran simulation like in Taimi's game.

You'd be able to preview armor/weapons like you can from the bank but you'd be able to actually wear the gear and move around. If it was an asuran simulation it'd be cool to have some extra options, like being able to change the lighting or have some targets appear to attack, showing off the gear effects better.

It'd be cool to preview the extra legendary weapon effects like the stone arm from Eureka. Being able to preview a main hand weapon as well as an offhand weapon together would be a nice touch too.

I'm not a game dev though so I dunno how easy it would be to implement this into the game.

submitted by /u/Drakon49
[link] [comments]

Legendary light chest armor + legendary shield = R.I.P all Chronomancers

Posted: 14 May 2017 06:56 AM PDT

Titel says it all. I really hope they will fix this when they start to address the Backpack positions.

Picture (The one on the right is normal armor)

submitted by /u/Tranquillity_
[link] [comments]

It's weird you get nothing extra for killing both legendary wyverns in one meta in Draconis Mons

Posted: 14 May 2017 06:30 PM PDT

If you kill both legendary wyverns simultaneously at the end of the Draconis Mons meta event, you get the same chest you would as if you only killed one. You get no extra event, no extra pop-up reward, no extra chest — nothing.

You could essentially just do one of the wyverns, completely ignore the other one, and you would end up with the same reward.

Anyone else find this odd? It almost seems like the full reward is just bugged, because I find it hard to believe that there is literally no extra reward in place.

submitted by /u/germanlopez
[link] [comments]

Highly Requested Features: Expansion 2

Posted: 14 May 2017 06:30 AM PDT

Look, I know we got a ton of leaks and that most people here are phased by it, but we only got major things leaked. The smaller, often more satisfying pieces of content weren't discussed at all! This leads me to believe that ArenaNet is cheeky enough to work on other amazing stuff that we've been asking for years now!

I'd love to see what things you expect to see in the next expansion as something that is critical for your long term enjoyment! Here are my requests, and I will add other people's requests as well:

  • Racial skills are fun! Racial specialisations so that they can be viable in combat
  • More festivals, such as the Queen's Gauntlet
  • Build templates
  • Player housing
  • Player farming (leather, cloth, berries, wood, etc... )
  • Additional heals and elite skills for every class to complete every type of skill
  • An in-game DPS meter outside of the training area
  • A bestiary, giving background information of all monsters we encounter and fight
  • A lore book, containing all pieces and bits of lore we gathered so far
  • A more detailed transition in-game of season 1 to season 2
  • "Open all" and "Consume all" option on certain items
  • New dungeons, set place in the world of the new expansion
  • Repeatable content that is not gated behind dailies
  • More /emote Quality of Life
  • Dye-able weapons!
  • Class-specific key binding
  • Costume slots (different skins for the current set you're wearing)
  • Right-click bouncing screen chests to receive rewards
  • Fishing class and crafting recipes
  • 500 Jewel crafting and 500 Cooking
  • A "goddamn keyring"
  • Returning districts (choosing the available map servers from a handy list, rendering LFG taxi's obsolete)
  • Automated PvP tournaments
  • PvP end-of-season rewards
  • Large, instanced open world PvE maps aimed at the more serious player!
  • Rework to sigils and runes
  • Rework the story journal to be replayable and better formatted and build a daily reward system for doing specific instances.
  • Gemstore updates, such as: Better UI, rebalancing useless items, etc...
  • An overhaul to gathering tools, so that effects can be generalised. This opens a new category of rewards (unbound magic, sprockets, etc... )
  • AURA SLOTS!!!
  • Tonic wardrobe
  • Town clothes into outfits
  • Reconnection - Offering a spot on the map automatically incase you reconnect (on a timer).
  • An overhaul to the Revenant profession, such as better underwater gameplay
  • Underwater gameplay general overhaul
  • Legendary trinkets!
  • More in-game earnable gliders (and spoiler)
  • WvW legendary earnable gear, especially a backpiece and preferably armor.
  • WvW exclusive rewards
  • Dogs! For your home instance
  • Future elite specs to be equal to current elite specs.
  • /rock, /paper and /scissor emote
  • New Guild missions!
  • MORE ARMOUR SETS DARN IT!!
  • Tengu as a playable race
  • Frequent Giant respawns on a future map (for the achievement purposes)
  • Removal of the EU/NA community gap
  • Underwater weapons used above water
  • Race changing kit (with a possible rework of the story)
  • Mounts!
  • More customisation on selling (like all blue, all sigils, etc... )
  • Queues for full maps
  • Achievement panel rework
  • A new major city
  • Unlocking past living story chapters when buying the highest version of the next Xpac
  • More rewards for guild commendations
  • Additional dailies and rebalancing current ones
  • Monthly achievements
  • More commander tag colours and possible symbols that cost more (so you stand out again)
  • Tool belt skills for racial skills on the Engineer

Let's see what you really want to see next!

Edit: Look, I get it. It's very cool to downvote everything related to the next expansion, but reply at least what you'd like to see before being a debby downer!

submitted by /u/Lexiconicom
[link] [comments]

In remembrance of those we've lost...

Posted: 14 May 2017 10:23 AM PDT

Is this a good time to jump into the game?

Posted: 14 May 2017 03:23 PM PDT

I have been going through many mmorpgs lately, and what mostly throws me off is that a lot of them have a really low player base and the world seems empty. Will I have that kind of problem in here or is the player base at a healthy level?

Another thing about mmorpgs is that I always tend to find skill builds online to avoid wasting skill points on a skill that ends up being useless. How much importance should I give to skill building in this game?

submitted by /u/Rinegar
[link] [comments]

Ascended Waterbreather can't stat change but does show Antology as compatible in forge - intentional or bug?

Posted: 14 May 2017 11:24 AM PDT

http://imgur.com/a/EEyY5

Hey all, I have been changing my Ranger's gear around from Berserker's to Viper's to get going on my Condition Ranger build, but when I got to my Waterbreather ( yeah yeah, I knooooooow it's kinda useless, but still want to get it anyway ), I hit a snag. I figured I'd change it via the Mystic Forge as I did with all my other armor, but the forge would not accept it. If I put in my breather first, it would still show the Anthology of Heroes and Ecto as compatible, but not the insignia - if I put the insignia in first it would still show the Anthology and Ecto as compatible, but not the breather. Is this intended? A bug? A development oversight? If it is intentional, why is this not communicated properly in the game? Is farming Winterberries for the Bitterfrost breather the only way to get a Viper's Breather?

submitted by /u/DeTiemen
[link] [comments]

[TIL] The Elixir isn't required to get bitter cold area POI in Bitterfrost Frontier to finish map completion :)

Posted: 14 May 2017 02:42 PM PDT

RaidHeroes. "Benchmark" Update

Posted: 14 May 2017 03:43 AM PDT

It's been a long time since last update, but I hope you'll like it. This release is more expansion-like because it's focused on facing new areas of game and brings a lot of core tech to assist new and previous features.

I will try to explain briefly all the changes in this update.

Golem Benchmark Mode

I'm introducing the new type of reports: benchmark mode. Its designed to assist theorycrafters and build makers, guild leaders as auxilary report for screenshot/video on golem and players itself when practicing their rotations. It is automatically enabled for golem npc's.

EXAMPLE

Changelog:

  • Adjusted start of encounter for golem npc.
  • Simplified layout for solo player.
  • Simplified rotation view with skill casts, interrupts, weapon swaps and delays.
  • Config parameter to hide weapon 1 skill in simplified rotation.
  • Detailed rotation view with time, casts, buffs, physical hits, condi application and dps, dps10, dps30 values.

Core Changes

Prominent change in core features are skill icons everywhere when it's possible. It uses chached data from GW2 API skills and traits endpoints to search icons by name or ID. Its capable to use German, French or Spanish skill names if corresponding language hins is present in logs.

Another big change is introducing config file. This feature gives opportunity to add features that are not suitable for all or specifig for given user or guild. Format of config is JSON. There are plenty documentation and validators in the web, so users will not struggle when dealing with it.

Along with config file there is optional 2nd command line argument that is applied for single invocation of programm. Its designed to help writing automation scripts. Use same JSON as in config file and don't forget to escape some symbols.

Changelog:

  • Skill icons resolving with GW2 client language support
  • Better tooltip design for all items
  • Config file support
  • Better support for non-ascii file names
  • Additional command line argument for config
  • Config file overwrites default config, command line argument overwrites config file.
  • Specify only params that are not the same as default

Dump of default params:

{ "report": { "ignore_death": false, "mechanics_compressed": true, "gen_10dps": false, "get_30dps": false, "rotation_simple": true, "rotation_detailed": false, "rotation_detailed_dn": [] }, "render": { "rotation_weap1": true, "mechanics_hidden": false, "stats": { "boss_phys": true, "boss_condi": true, "full_phys": true, "full_condi": true, "wasted": true, "failed": true, "crits": true, "seaweed": true, "scholar": true, "inc_dmg": false } }, "output_dir": "." } 

Rotation visualization in regualr encounters

Detailed Rotation is really heavy for report size. Use it carefully because it can generate 200-300MB .html file that will rape your browser. I strongly recommend to use "rotation_detailed_dn" to specify Display Names of players that need detailed rotation representation. Example:"rotation_detailed_dn": ["Abcd.1234", "efgH.9853"].

Encounters

A lot of new data is presented. Big update for boon uptime and output metrics to better assist 5-man content and performance of support roles. Some metrics got additional info in on-hover tooltips so use your mouse alot ;) Some features (like ignore_death) affect numbers in stats so they are mentioned in footer of report (near raid_heroes version and ther stuff). Use config file to hide or show some elements of report.

Changelog:

  • Boss HP graph
  • Added new profession-specific enhancements for buff uptime tracking:
    • Banner of Tactics
    • Storm Spirit
    • Stone Spirit
    • Naturalistic Resonance
    • Assassin's Presence
    • Rite of great Dwarf
    • Soothing Mist
    • Strength in Numbers
    • Vampiric Aura
  • Buffs with 0% are not visible
  • Boon uptime is added to Player Summary -> Stats -> Support
    • Shows buff average application to self, group members, off-group members and whole squad
    • All boons, Alacrity and GotL are tracked
    • Actual not overbuffed values in rows (shows real contribution)
    • Overbuffed values in on-hover tooltip (to check build/rotation output)
  • DPS and % stats have additional info in on-hover tooltips
  • PoV Badge in Stats table
  • Incoming damage column in Stats (enabled by config)
  • Minions don't affect Crit, Flank, Glance, Seawwd and Scholar stats
  • Config param to enable 10s DPS and 30s DPS graphs
  • Config param to make mechanics on graphs hidden by default
  • Config param to ignore death time for stats
  • Some mechanics are 'compressed' so they now show only 1 marker per hit (i.e. Matthias Tornado)
  • Phase detection for some FotM encounters:
    • Bloomhunger
    • MAMA (CM)
    • Siax (CM)
    • Ensolyss (CM)
  • Success detection for Mursaat Overseer and Xera
  • Phases for Deimos (experimental)
  • Config param to hide some columns in Stats table
    • Boss physical DPS
    • Boss condi DPS
    • Full physical DPS
    • Full condi DPS
    • Wasted
    • Failed
    • Crits
    • Scholar uptime
    • Seaweed uptime
    • Incoming damage
  • GW2 build version in footer (if available)

And, of course, a lot bugs are fixed :)

So, next stop is online version. I can't tell anything for now, but I'll do my best to make it great. As always, I try to surprise my users and rise the bar for gw2 parsers. This time I was not alone. I want to send HUGE THANKS to /u/deltaconnected for implementing my requests in arcdps and group of [qT] members for beta testing this update.

If you have suggestions or bug reports contact me here, on reddit, or find me in game. You can find all the links at raidheroes.tk.

submitted by /u/maxlepeh
[link] [comments]

Ready for Raids: finished my favourite character!

Posted: 14 May 2017 03:18 PM PDT

Here you can see my greatest triumph! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkW6Oln2nwM

submitted by /u/Ecco1924
[link] [comments]

PSA: Hidden garden grows now Fire Orchid Blossoms, too

Posted: 14 May 2017 03:02 AM PDT

http://imgur.com/a/qezC6 Not sure if it works for People, that doesn't have done the Kudzu collection, too

Edit: It works for everyone, for every character on every spot where you planted the seed. Happy Farming!

Edit2: Another instance gives a refresh. I just farmed the same spot for the third time with the same character. I got a megaserver map close message

submitted by /u/42Char
[link] [comments]

[Suggestion] Let people change which monitor the game displays on while in borderless windowed/fullscreen modes.

Posted: 14 May 2017 01:42 PM PDT

I don't think there's a way to do it outside of changing which monitor is your primary one within your OS, then borderless/fullscreen just default to that window. Maybe there's launch arguments to change it, but most games where you can change the monitor it's displayed on let you change it within the graphic/video settings, rather than having to relaunch the game if it were a launch argument.

Within Windows 10, you can shift a window to other screen by pressing Win+Shift+Arrow key, but if you try that on gw2 in borderless windowed, it just forces it back to the primary monitor.

submitted by /u/AlliedKhajiit
[link] [comments]

[TIL] that hovering over the date of your tp listings pops a tooltip with the exact time stamp

Posted: 13 May 2017 11:07 PM PDT

Can two of the exact same maps have the same IP address, at the same time?

Posted: 14 May 2017 03:30 PM PDT

I logged into game today, and decided to do the TD meta. Logged into the map, and checked my ip - it was 64.25.38.197:0

I went to LFG, and their was squads advertising with the ip of 197. I joined a small squad of 5, but hesitated, and didn't change because I thought it might a be troll or something. So I dropped and joined a larger squad of 20 or so, also advertising 197, ported over (because the map I was on was dead) and checked ip - it was 64.25.38.197:0

I thought each map got a separate number?

submitted by /u/MashMash2525
[link] [comments]

Progression of content

Posted: 14 May 2017 07:31 PM PDT

ok so i have full exotics now and i have all my specializations done, what should i be doing in progression next? i know ascended gear but im not 100% about the best way to do that. also a list of stuff would be nice, thanks.

submitted by /u/hyrenfreak
[link] [comments]

How to (almost) reproduce the Sylvari Medium Legendary Bra on Human and Norn

Posted: 14 May 2017 03:15 AM PDT

Apparently the part of the Perfected Envoy Jerkin that gets hidden on female Sylvari is just a texture on a character's skin and thus overwritten by the bark texture of a Sylvari.

Yesterday I saw a human female character with legendary medium armor and every infusion effect except for the Phospholuminiscent Infusion (even though that one might have been included since the Winter's Heart Infusion may overwrite it) and the chest was barely visible.

So I did some testing and came up with these screenshots (Sorry for the lack of colour synergy, but I had to move the chestpiece from my Sylvari Engineer to my Norn Ranger).

As the texture is still visible and just very pale/dyed green, brighter dyes in dye slot 1 do a better job. Now, the Celestial Dye isn't perfect for my character, and depending on a Character's skin colour it may vary (also, there are two shades of the same dye on the chestpiece making it slightly visible all the time) and obviously it still hides the Norn's tattoos.

tl;dr: Use a Winter's Heart or Phospholuminiscent Infusion and dye slot 1 of the medium chestpiece white to (almost) have a Legendary Bra on Human Female or Norn Female.

submitted by /u/Rymayc
[link] [comments]

Where is a good place to Log Out to reduce first Log In load times?

Posted: 14 May 2017 06:59 PM PDT

The games load times are usually unreasonably long especially when you log in for the first time. So I usually log out outside of a major city to reduce log in times, but does anyone know of a good zone to log out at that doesn't take relatively long time to load in?

submitted by /u/RebirthQuestions
[link] [comments]

Help with choosing a WvW tier

Posted: 14 May 2017 07:38 PM PDT

Returning to the game after 3 years and I'd like people's opinion on the "most balanced" tier of WvW. Am I saying that right? I'd like to join a world where the WvW is relatively even across all three fighting worlds if that's even possible.

submitted by /u/sauceDinho
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.