World of Warcraft - Tanking Tuesday - Your Weekly Tanking Thread


Tanking Tuesday - Your Weekly Tanking Thread

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 03:05 AM PDT

Welcome to Tanking Tuesday, your weekly thread for everything related to standing in front of mobs and saying "HIT ME" and taking it like a champ. There is class specific advice below, but you can also post general questions that you have pertaining to tanking of any kind.


New to WoW? Start here! | PvP with us! | Guide to Pet Battles | Other guides | FAQ

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Had no idea Pepe had such long legs

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 10:45 AM PDT

just an ordinary day in custom groups

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 08:41 AM PDT

The new weekly "Mark of the Sentinax" quest is the most frustrating grind I've ever done.

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 02:13 AM PDT

This week's "progression" towards the ToS questline is the "Mark of the Sentinax", offering the absolutely fun and interesting task to gather 100 marks from mobs under the Sentinax.

What is not said, is that only empowered or boss mobs drop marks, at a staggeringly low droprate. And all other problems that surround the Sentinax are coming through. Tagging makes this grind maddening, especially if like me you went in (at first) solo. There are dozens upon dozens of groups in the area all instant tagging everything on site, witch makes it impossible to get a single mob for waves at a time. Even when I finally caved and started a group, people would rush every portal and we'd get maybe 10-15% of mobs every wave, rewarding maybe 1 mark every 5 minutes.

Secondly, after people started noticing that only empowred portals offered marks, groups started hoarding beacons and we had people just waiting that somebody else opens a portal to empower or steal. The most fun is the droprate of beacons and empowering beacons, I think I only saw one in over two hours of grinding.

This tagging madness is the most frustrating thing I've ever done in wow, worse than farming resistance gear at the throne of the elements in BC. I can assure with confidence that Blizzard does not play it's own game because they'd have thrown their monitor over the balcony this quest is so fucking annoying.

And on top of all that, the rewards are so bad I wonder what the point of this is, after two hours I had 2000 shards, this is just adding insult to injury, what on earth is the fucking point to this except pissing me off for the whole day.

submitted by /u/Toriankel
[link] [comments]

There was "Diablo-like" image earlier so I started to take few of my own

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 08:59 AM PDT

Some stranger helped me with questions, i gave him a huge Thanks and got this in return.

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 07:47 AM PDT

If you want to Thank some one try to be different once in a while, try to make them feel much more appreciated then just saying thanks.

  Today it was this day, i asked a question in trade and got a replay from a total stranger. I sent him this in game mail:

 

Dear kind Stranger,  

For me, and those, whom have just entered the world of world of warcraft, in war with the legion, i have to thank you.  

Your help for me, and them have greater the knowledge of the almighty artifact power the strengther our weapen in order to defeat the legion.  

I will share my knowledge to newcome soldiers, together we are strong, together we are one power, a power needed to win this war......  

Once more i have to thank you, here is a small fee, thanks,

Then i got this Mail back after a few hours:

 

http://imgur.com/a/dVplH

 

Hail Friend.   I am grateful to hear my assistance has meant so much.   As we ever strive to become better people. Remember that helping others will ever be the path to greatness.  

When i, myself, entered this war, i too was welcomed with opened arms. I can see now that my own debt to the community has been fufilled. Today me, tomorrow you. I will ever strive to help others, as i hope you shall.

 

Please find attached a menagerie of my collections to aid your travels.

  Light be with you, friend.

submitted by /u/Davidjaa
[link] [comments]

Looking to coach new/less experienced players!

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 07:45 AM PDT

My name's Ricky. I'm 21 and a raider in a rank 100-ish guild. When I'm not raiding, I spend most of my time answering questions or putting effort into helping either newer players or those that simply have less experience than myself. Why? I like bringing a smile to people's faces. Fuck me, right?

I stream on a daily basis and I have a Discord where multiple players are sat assisting each other or just chatting and meeting new people for the sake of making friends.

I myself raid as a fury warrior (main, but also know arms) and ret (alt) and do mythic raiding on both. As such I can answer but more in-depth questions about those two classes.

That being said, however, I'm more than willing to help you find the information you seek on other classes.

So, if you're a new player or a less experienced one at that and you wish to have either a mentor or a friend that can help you figure out stuff, feel free to either leave a comment in this thread or add my btag if you're EU (RickyV#2681).

In addition: I run community raids on a near-weekly basis! This is basically a concept where we run the most relevant content each weekend with the members of our Discord server. We don't care too much about your gear and not at all about your raid experience, and we try to get people geared up and help them learn how to do the different mechanics and slowly build up their raid experience.

As part of the above we also help people analyze their logs, positives and negatives as players and we're happy to help everyone make an attempt at finding a guild that suits them.

Thanks for reading and have a good one!

submitted by /u/zethrick
[link] [comments]

[Community Suggestion] One Random Message of Kindness Each Day

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 07:50 AM PDT

This isn't a "our community is broken" post or whatever, but I had a great experience yesterday and wanted to share in the hopes that others could have similar experiences.

I don't know about many of you, but the random dungeon grind can, at times, feel more like a silent, solo slog than an experience with four other people. Similarly, BGs can feel equally quiet.

For the record, I don't think that's anything "new" about WoW... I remember similar grinds through Wrath and especially BC. But I think that silent / solo feeling is one of my least favorite types of in game experience.

Anyway, to the point. Last night, I was grinding some Legion dungeons (being carried, basically, by a straight up beast mode tank) and, after our first dungeon, I just sent out a simple msg in /instance: hey x, awesome tanking man, thanks for the carry

Or whatever, not exactly sure, but it was simple. 4/5 of that five man ended up running three more dungeons with him and all exchanging battle tags. The point is, I'm certain that wouldn't have happen if I would have just looted & scooted.

The real benefit though, was that during the course of those runs, our group started chatting more and joking around, etc.

After the initial run, I took a minute to message, randomly, the new player each time we started a five man. Nothing specific, just "hey man, nice awareness" if they avoided fire or "nice damage" if they were nuking. Each time I did that, without fail, I saw a positive response not only in dps / activity / etc, but also in how much the person communicated with the group.

Anyway, there are, at any given time, roughly 4,000 players on this sub. If each of us took 30 seconds once a day to compliment someone in a BG, instance, or out in the world, I think the player base would really benefit, but most importantly, our individual experiences in the game would be better.

I would love to hear your thoughts or similar experiences you've had!

TL;DR Take the time to send one random compliment to a player in game each day.

submitted by /u/earlierson
[link] [comments]

Asking for gear in Nighthold

Posted: 24 Apr 2017 04:19 PM PDT

2500x Nerthershards was Merely A Setback

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 12:37 AM PDT

Good luck farming 100x Mark of the Sentinax :D

submitted by /u/adriacraft
[link] [comments]

Hotfixes: April 24 - WoW

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 10:11 AM PDT

Goddess, Light my Path!

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 12:53 AM PDT

The newest version of the Elite AP mission makes it pretty much worthless

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 08:19 AM PDT

The last two times the command center was up, the Champion's Trophy was already of questionable usefulness. The big draw is that it is worth six to seven times as much as other AP rewards from missions, and the mission duration was only four to five times as long. However, while you could get the bonus token from the mission, once you included said bonus tokens with the others you could do it was fairly even if not worse. At that point, the bonus was that the resource cost was the same as any other mission--a boon for alts and fresh 110's not sitting on a stockpile of tens of thousands.

The newest version, though? It has nothing going for it. The duration is still a base two days. The AP is the same, but you can't get a bonus even if you get over 100%. And the cost is now a base 1000 resources. So long as you can somewhat reliably get the bonus tokens on normal missions--a success rate of about 50% will do it--doing four standard AP missions will be better, cost the same, and take less time.

In short, if you're using the mobile app to keep on top of your missions there doesn't seem to be any reason to take the Elite AP mission. It ties up followers too long--which can hamstring you on other missions--with no real benefit.

Quick edit: It's base three days now, which hurts it even more.

submitted by /u/Manae
[link] [comments]

Sleeping in WoW

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 02:47 AM PDT

Happy WotLK Time-Walking Week! Please enjoy my plushie tribute to Arthas, The (Chibi) Lich King!

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 09:49 AM PDT

[No Spoilers] Which Class campaign did you find the worst and best?

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 10:18 AM PDT

Another new mythic+ affix this week - Bursting. Don't forget to stock up on fighter chows again :)

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 11:17 AM PDT

QoL Addons?

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 06:30 AM PDT

What quality of life, unheard of addons you cannot live without? So exclude things like DBM, or well-known/used mods.

Example: New Openables. Give me a single button to open caches, artifact power tokens, rep bonuses, bags, and everything else that you need to right click to access stuff within.

submitted by /u/ZeeSalahuddin
[link] [comments]

Traveler Pepe Lands in the Blizzard Gear Store - WoW

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 10:43 AM PDT

Thanks for making volcanic an actually balanced affix

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 11:41 AM PDT

Maybe I just feel this way because as a resto druid I'm just happy to see any affix other than grievous but it honestly feels like volcanic is one of the most balanced.

Unless you're standing on water (and even then it's not so bad) you can clearly see where you need to stand and I've never had it bug out in any way so far.

Just felt like I had to recognize something for actually working well since I've spent so much time complaining about stuff that don't

PS: Felt good not getting a stroke every time I did a keystone this week... goddamn grievous

submitted by /u/Deathmeter
[link] [comments]

New WeakAuras Feature: Conditions

Posted: 24 Apr 2017 04:40 PM PDT

I wonder how many have maxxed 900lvl followers but don't have 900 on their character

Posted: 24 Apr 2017 08:15 PM PDT

Random showerthought :3

submitted by /u/psyEDk
[link] [comments]

Perfect timing from Mystic Birdhat

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 03:20 AM PDT

I give you: For the Horde.

Posted: 24 Apr 2017 09:06 PM PDT

When you're literally racing the clock

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 07:03 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.