The Legend of Zelda - BoTW Daily Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - April 26, 2017


BoTW Daily Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - April 26, 2017

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 06:10 AM PDT

The new queue has many questions being asked so here's a daily megathread to help your question not get lost. You're more than welcome to continue to make threads with questions. Please try and help users by answering their questions!

Questions could have spoilers in them! BEWARE ALL THOSE WHO ENTER! Minor spoilers will be below about weapons, bosses, locations, etc. But someone might ask a question regarding a moment that has happened you have not experienced. So please know what you're entering.

Tips and Tricks Megathread

Want tips and tricks? Read all the tips and tricks provided by you, the users. Or submit your own.

Spoiler policy

>> Read the spoiler policy here. <<

TL;DR: Major locations/temples and major character names will be allowed in titles with the release of the game. Titles still must be vague and cannot divulge storylines. Boss names, dungeon weapons, plot points are not allowed in titles.

Titles must begin with [SPOILERS] when discussing the game or they will be removed.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Tips and Tricks Megathread ROUND THREE! Post guides/resources or any other tips and tricks you learned throughout your adventures in Breath of the Wild

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 08:46 AM PDT

It's been a while since we did the first two and you may have even better tips now that you've got much further in the game.

Read the first tip thread here and read the second tip thread here to see if your tip is already submitted!

We will put this thread in the sidebar after a day along with the first two. This thread will have minor spoilers which include everything from items, objects, weapons, mobs, recipes, etc. If any of this is spoilers to you, LEAVE NOW.

submitted by /u/WoozleWuzzle
[link] [comments]

"A good photo of a Lynel is to die for." Literally.

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 04:51 AM PDT

[BOTW] First live Guardian experiences can be the worst. (Original Comic)

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 05:57 PM PDT

A handful of Link outfits with weapons I've put together for y'all

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 11:18 PM PDT

Did anybody else get major Avatar: The Last Airbender vibes when Zelda was "sealed" for a 100 years?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 07:06 AM PDT

She didn't age at all. I feel like, just like the Avatar state, her Triforce/Goddess Hylia (don't know which one she's referring to) powers kept her in a dormant state.

submitted by /u/stenskinskia
[link] [comments]

Zelda is so beautiful when she smiles

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 05:21 PM PDT

If Zelda took place in a Pokemon universe, this is what our heroes would be.

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 03:31 AM PDT

I made a replica of Majora's Mask

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 06:36 AM PDT

I love taking screenshots in the enemy's perspective.

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 05:31 AM PDT

Which Impa style do you prefer? Badass Ninja/Warrior Impa or Old Lady/Nurse Maid Impa?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 07:31 AM PDT

Badass Ninja/Warrior Impa has only been seen in Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, and Hyrule Warriors. Pretty much every other time, it has been an old lady acting as a nurse maid or advice giver.

I prefer the Sheikah warrior stylization and was pretty disappointed when I found out they went the old lady route for Breath of the Wild. I was also disappointed that the Sheikah village wasn't warrior/ninja styled, but I guess the Yiga clan filled that niche.

What are your guy's thoughts?

submitted by /u/stenskinskia
[link] [comments]

Just found a subreddit for BOTW location-based scavenger hunts

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 08:56 AM PDT

Is it confirmed that the Hyrule Royal family is maternal based, as in the kings marry into the family?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 07:59 AM PDT

In Breath of the Wild, Zelda talks about how her grandmother and mother heard voices from the sacred realm. This would mean that Hylia's blood is carried maternally from mother to daughter throughout history. So does this confirm that the Kings marry into the royal bloodline? The Kings would take the role of governing Hyrule while the women, the Queens and Princesses, would focus on their spirituality. So Kings like Rhoam Bosphoramus from Breath of the Wild and Daphnes Nohansen from Wind Waker don't actually have goddess blood in them?

submitted by /u/stenskinskia
[link] [comments]

A bunch of Zelda swords throughout time

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 03:54 AM PDT

Yahaha!

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 02:51 PM PDT

[BOTW] [SPOILERS] Managed to get my horse in a really really cool place.

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 07:43 PM PDT

Two quick questions:

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 09:33 AM PDT

Okay I've befriended several dogs. What is supposed to happen now?? Secondly, is there an easier way to beat Taluses? I was able to hide behind a rock and throw bombs at him for twenty minutes, but that was laboriously boring. Should I be jumping in its back to hit the rock pimple back there or something?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Volfie
[link] [comments]

Looking for Nexus 6P phone cases.

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 08:56 AM PDT

I recently bought a Nexus 6P and am looking for a Breath of the Wild themed phone case. Anyone have a quality site I might find this?

submitted by /u/phenomgooba
[link] [comments]

What if the latest Zelda was the first Zelda

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 03:18 AM PDT

[BOTW] Maze shrines - tips without spoiling?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 03:07 AM PDT

Was running around for an hour last night trying to solve one of the maze shrines. Very non-pragmatic approach where I was just running through corridors I thought I hadn't been in before. Found a lot of goodies but didn't complete it before I felt I had to put it away for a proper shut-eye.

At one point I started dropping apples to just mark where I've been, but they seem to despawn, or something? I never ran into them again at least.

Anyway, anyone got any tips for these without spoiling any of the solutions?

submitted by /u/looak
[link] [comments]

What Zelda game should I revisit after I finish Breath of the Wild?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 06:36 AM PDT

I'm getting to the point where I only have a few Shrines left, a few Koroks left, and I am just upgrading my armor... and then all that is left is Ganon. I know that I am going to have some Zelda withdrawals afterward.... which game should I replay after I finish? What's your favorite? I OWN: OoT, MM, TP, LA, OoS, OoA and WW. But since I have a 3DS and a Wii U, I have access to most other games via Virtual Console.

submitted by /u/kristalina07
[link] [comments]

[BOTW] So did Zelda have....

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 06:06 PM PDT

All three pieces of the triforce in BotW? During the final memory and cutscene you see her hand light up with all three pieces of the triforce, and not just her usual triforce of wisdom. This would mean shes pretty much the Zelda with the most power in the series.

submitted by /u/SenselessB
[link] [comments]

With 20 Heart Wolf Cheat gone, anyone know how to put a .bin file on Wolf Amiibo or put a save on Wii U?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 09:49 AM PDT

I just received my amiibo to learn that the 20 heart trick was patched. Looking into my Twilight Princess save to discover that I accidentally deleted it because it was on a usb. I now lost all interest to place BOTW cause I can't get the 20 wolf link. I'm probably being a baby but I want to know if there is a way around it through either amiibo or getting a finished game save for the Wii u. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/Robmomanjaro
[link] [comments]

Final Thoughts: A Beautiful Promise Never Quite Fulfilled

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 09:53 AM PDT

120 shrines, ~200 Korok seeds, 4 Divine Beasts, Ganon destroyed,

For the first quarter of the playing time, I was in awe of the game. The map is obviously enormous, the art is obviously beautiful, there are obviously many places to go. In many ways, the game is obviously outstanding. The learning curve is impressive. You start out weak and easily decimated and collect gear and get better at fighting and power up with shrines and such. I like that the enemies don't change, you do. It makes collecting and exploring matter inherently to the game.

But.

The awe and expectations I felt early in the game were never quite reached. The first time I saw a dragon in the distance--it was a feeling. "Holy shit." I wondered what town is it ravaging? What story line is going to require me to fight that dragon, or ride that dragon, or do anything except shoot it with arrows so that I can pick up its scale... But that's all it ended up being. Climbing to the top of mountain tops to lift up a rock to get a Korok seed began to feel as deep a gameplay mechanic as Candy Crush. Yes the view was spectacular from up there, but it was spectacular anyway, what about gameplay?

In the end, the game's environment--rightfully lauded as jaw droppingly incredible--isn't filled with enough things to do, and doesn't have enough narrative within it.

Is getting 55 rushrooms really a fun sidequest? Can you call it a sidequest? I can sell rushrooms to anyone (a great feature! This game has an economy--rupees are worth something, at last! I liked that), is the fact that I have to sell this one person more, for a bit more money really a sidequest?

How about: the character that makes armor that lets you sustain the cold has been kidnapped. You have to break him out of prison. Better yet, the army that took him the town for cold gear, so the people are freeing because their cold gear maker is gone. They're living on peppers, but running out of them (they'll pay you more for peppers, in fact--economics and all that). You can decide to help the town out and go rescue the man (Rito, whatever) who makes the cold gear.

It's totally optional. You can continue to eat peppers and beat the game, OR you can help the town out, and get cold gear, and have the satisfaction of having done something. This does a few things. It gives a side quest with a meaningful reward. It adds narrative in a game that sorely lacks it. It shows the consequences and stakes of Ganon's presence--another thing sorely lacking. And who knows what sort of gameplay comes about in the side quest. Is it a Yiga like stealth mission? Does it become a horse chase, where you have to ride after the man on horseback across Hyrule? (That sounds pretty epic. How was there not a horse chase?!) I don't know, I spent two minutes coming up with this, but I think it's a pretty good idea. There should have been dozens of these.

You might say, some of the shrines gave you armor, so they were like a sidequest. But I just... don't agree. There were some great shrine puzzles (though, frankly, a lot of disappointment there, too), but the aesthetic constancy of the shrines and the fact that they don't progress the story much keeps me from counting them as 'side quests.' Yes you don't have to do them all, but unless you're doing a low-heart run, shrines are obviously a required part of the main game. I don't mind the shrine mechanic--mostly--I just don't think they justify the lack of meaningful sidequests in the overworld. How have we not had sidequests on par with Majora's Mask in 20 years?

Related, the dungeon gameplay was sorely lacking. The similarity of environment/goal/mechanics/bosses was a real heartbreak. Again, the promise was left unfulfilled. The series's most epic overworld should have had the series's best dungeons--not the worst. The Goron Mines in Twilight Princess, the temples in Ocarina, even Skyward Sword had some incredible dungeons--they felt big and grand and epic. The Divine Beasts were fun--as subdungeons.

And while it was a neat idea to let us go anywhere pretty much immediately, I do think it would have been fun to have some progression, to get some new items or unlock some new ability that might open up new areas--or, at least, give us something new to do or try.

I'm rambling, so I'll sum up the rest: -Severe lack of narrative/stakes/danger. The desire for non-linearity has some serious drawbacks here. There can still be a linear narrative in a very open world. -Holy hell that final fight with Ganon. Especially the 'shoot the circles of light from the horse' bit. That seemed incomplete. -If we're not going to do proper dungeons, a few more places like Hyrule Castle would have added some needed variety to the overworld. -the bad shrines--oof. -cooking could have had a little more depth. Combining of ingredients could have mattered more in interesting ways. (this is a very minor qualm).

I say this not to say I don't like the game. I adore it. But it's a very fine line, and I worry that with all the lavish praise it is getting Nintendo will ignore--and, because it's Nintendo, actually highlight--some pretty glaring flaws in the next game. They threw out a lot of what needed to go in the old games (but not everything; I'm looking at you fetch quests)--but also some of what made them great. I think they ought to bring some of that back.

I have hopes for some great DLC.

edit: One big reason I want to point out the lacking side-quests is because it has plagued the series for a while now. This game, great as it is, should have been the one to fix it. I've no doubt Nintendo will read this post and make my suggested changes.

submitted by /u/reebee7
[link] [comments]

[BotW] I brought a friend to Hyrule Castle and they showed up in the final battle cutscene

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 10:23 AM PDT

[BoTW] [SPOILERS] Boss underground view

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 06:24 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.