DayZ - The life and death of Alistair, a Side Chat story


The life and death of Alistair, a Side Chat story

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 09:42 PM PDT

Dean Hall hour long podcast interview on features, community & lessons learned

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 04:45 AM PDT

[Benny Hill intensifies]

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 09:06 AM PDT

RIP WOBO Community Server

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 04:19 PM PDT

Time has come where the WOBO community server is shutting down due to multiple reasons. Those of which are not for me to say. Just a heads up that the server it shutting down shortly and will be missed by the community.

As one of the long standing admins on the server I was lucky enough to take part in some amazing events which included but are not limited to;

V3s Riddle Race

Psychotic scientist assassination/witch hunt

Prison Island Hostage extraction

Defend the king - Melee and bows only (Skalisty Island)

RIP WOBO Server

What is dead may never die

submitted by /u/Oxocube3
[link] [comments]

Catching the infected in a Kiosk trap (2'35)

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 12:45 AM PDT

Stable servers are down for scheduled maintenance.

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 11:56 PM PDT

Stable servers are down for scheduled maintenance from 07:00 GMT.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

My thoughts on the state of DayZ

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 07:51 AM PDT

Don't worry, it's positive.

According to Steam, I have played DayZ standalone for 324 hours, and most of that time spent playing I found enjoyable. I haven't played for a while, simply due to being more interested in other games, but I am still eagerly awaiting the time when this game is finished and fully playable as intended. I will admit that I think the development of the game is going painfully slow, however, I can safely say I have got my money's worth out of the game already, so anything beyond what I've experienced to date is a bonus in my eyes.

This probably isn't a controversial opinion to subscribers of this subreddit, but it's one that I think needs saying. I definitely don't regret paying for this game, and I genuinely believe it will be finished one day, with the potential of being top of its class.

submitted by /u/Lupo_Azzurro
[link] [comments]

The Dayz Spotlight on Silo

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 10:43 PM PDT

Hi all, I will be interviewing Silo next after Fubarbundy in my series, so if you have any questions you would like asked, please submit them here. I would also ask that you read other questions submitted by others and vote on them as well as the m,ost popular videos are the ones that will be asked. He has said he is fine with anything being asked, so have at it people!!

submitted by /u/Boydy73
[link] [comments]

Surviving Recluse

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 09:02 AM PDT

I am broadcasting on all Reddit and Facebook frequencies. To all loners out there, you are not alone! Avoid going out at daylight if at all possible! Many reports of Bandit activity along the coast and major cities. Survivors who have washed up on beaches, head inland!

Stay safe out there...


Anyone else play a recluse style of hiding inland, and absolutely terrified of cities and players?

Too many bad experiences...

submitted by /u/Garshock
[link] [comments]

Restrain yourself

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 06:59 PM PDT

Its always risky trying to restrain someone while holding them up.. you should have the ability to throw the unlucky survivor a pair of handcuffs or tape / rope and make them restrain themselves. Obviously handcuffs would be ideal but would work for other items too. Burlap sack on head etc.. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/BrutoN82
[link] [comments]

Trying to join a specific server, I get this screen that stays for over 20 minutes. Any other server I get into just fine.

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 02:49 PM PDT

Be careful when trying to get whitelisted on servers

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 02:49 PM PDT

I tried to make another post about this, but my account was too new and I didn't want to do it on my main account. I'm probably going to be banned because the mods said that post was witch hunting, but I'm just trying to share my experience with a community I like.

I'm going to try and avoid whatever the mods deem witch hunting and just say this: Long story short my experience applying to get whitelisted on Day z colony was a bad one. I was demeaned immediately by the server admin, accused of being a liar and deceptive and then banned from all of the servers for doing some modding on Halo 1 back in the day( I was in middle school). You're required to give the server your facebook profile, your steam profile and your twitter profile for an interview and I want to just say that before you do think about it for a while because I honestly regret it. Not just because I am banned, but because now someone has a lot of my personal information. I did some short research and found another person with a similar experience and I just think it is right for people to know to be careful.

submitted by /u/POOPKID23
[link] [comments]

Spawn with talkie

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 01:59 AM PDT

I think walkietalkies should no longer have a range and be able to contact anyone on the map on the same channel, except that we should spawn with a talkie and a rag and half a battery in it instead of a flare

submitted by /u/jorn818
[link] [comments]

Penetration of jail walls?

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 06:11 PM PDT

So I was hiding in the jail at Vybor base when I heard someone outside with a silencer killing some z's. I was upstairs (prone) when somehow he started hitting me (and ultimately killing me). This was on a private hive server (not sure if that means anything) but was just wondering if you can shoot through walls?

Nevermind how he knew exactly where I was..

submitted by /u/Cynikill
[link] [comments]

Is it too late?

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 10:55 AM PDT

Firstly, this isn't some rant about how the developers are some terrible people who scammed us out of money. They obviously have reasons for the game taking as long as it has been to be developed, but it WILL come out sometime and when it does it will more than likely be a very enjoyable game. My question is, as what point is it too late for DayZ to regain it's relevancy? It's assumed that when the game reaches beta, or when it's fully released, that players will come back and that it will be popular once more, but at what point do you think it's too late? Like I said, I don't blame the devs, but when does "This is taking too long" turn into "It's too late".

submitted by /u/squi11ium
[link] [comments]

I'm sorry, I panicked. I hope you survived.

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 01:57 PM PDT

To the man in red in that north eastern town with the docks.

I was in that military tent just having a scrounge and you ran in full speed. I didn't think, I just unloaded my mag ( a full auto p something that I found in a police station ) and you went down. I performed cpr and then applied a bandage. You got up! But then you ran away and the bandage fell off. I don't blame you. I hope you managed to heal yourself.

I didn't mean it but what else could I have done?

I'm still new to this.

submitted by /u/ChipFromTheShow
[link] [comments]

Any plans to increase the map size to add in more forests?

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 09:09 PM PDT

So I'm wondering if we're getting some wilderness in the pipeline eventually? A lot of the forest area many of us reclusive survivors use to set up survival camps has been shrunk down with the addition of new small towns and villages. It seems that the area in which we want to build our little campsite has been shrinking. Just wondering if we can expect some more wilderness in the future, if even planned for further down the road.

submitted by /u/Bheda
[link] [comments]

Had some fun with the Ghillie suit! First time using it!

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 02:54 PM PDT

Im Looking for Game file .59

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 08:30 PM PDT

Does anyone have. or know where I can find an old version (0.59.) of the DayZ game? Before they Incorporated the new rendering system.

submitted by /u/d3rk99
[link] [comments]

When do you imagine "Day Zero" was in the DayZ Universe?

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 04:31 PM PDT

Was having a conversation with some people about this topic and thought I'd ask here.

I had originally thought Day Zero was in 2012 sometime (when mod was released) but due to some sleuthing in game (thanks u/Enduar) there is a calendar that might allude to a December 7th, 2010 outbreak..

Still, others say it starts closer to when Standalone was released, or sometime before it that year (Summer 2013 maybe?)

When do you think Day Zero was, and what makes you think so?

submitted by /u/A_Jewish_Banker
[link] [comments]

DayZ - "The Journey... begins." (3 min. short film - RP)

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 07:43 PM PDT

What was that? (DayZ .61)

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 10:23 PM PDT

not sure what this is, can someone help me??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGFEsLXMzxo

submitted by /u/KustomRob
[link] [comments]

How long do vehicles stay around before they reset?

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 02:40 PM PDT

Stutters in 64 exec vs 32

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 02:33 PM PDT

I can't quite figure it out but the game seems to run much smoother in 32 vs 64. I can lots of stuttering in town when using the 64 client. Anyone else experience this. Running a i7 4970k with 970gtx

submitted by /u/Jon_Don_Juan
[link] [comments]

What's with the zombies

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 05:28 PM PDT

While passing through Svergino I heard a car coming my way so I took cover, Was a truck heading east to Novodmitrovsk but the crazy sight was about 20 zombies chasing it.

submitted by /u/shenaniganfluff
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.