Civilization - England's naval placement is.... interesting


England's naval placement is.... interesting

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 09:00 AM PDT

It's VERY difficult to completely dominate in Civ VI

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 08:43 AM PDT

After playing a considerable number of Civ VI games, I have to give the creators props. It's very difficult to just crush the AI at everything simultaneously. Even if the AI gets behind in some areas, I usually find they are even or ahead right up until the extended lategame. They still grab some wonders, and conpete for Great People that you're not going hard for. The game limits do a good job of requiring you to make choices and not just win in every area, even IF the AI is still too weak to really be a contender with a smart player holistically. GJ Firaxis.

submitted by /u/DragonHeretic
[link] [comments]

Civ 6 deity science victory on turn 263 - a wonder-full game

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 04:30 AM PDT

Where is the damn Mac update!?

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 10:33 AM PDT

Holy hell, its been long enough! Seriously, i get waiting a few weeks, but can we get the damn patch already? pissing me off.

submitted by /u/Jollygrand
[link] [comments]

Why Immortals are bad and how I would chance them

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 06:11 AM PDT

So I have been thinking about the immortal ever since Cyrus got dropped on us and I just can't get my head around them. I think they are bad, not just that I think they are very bad! Much worse than the swordsman which it replaces.

The Facts:

  • Immortal replaces the Swordsman.

  • Has 30 melee strength vs 36 of swordsman

  • Has 25 ranged strength same as an archer

  • Costs 100 production vs 90 of a swordsman or 50 of an archers

  • Like all UU doesn't require a strategic resource (iron).

  • Can't do melee attacks only ranged

So, the immortal is an twice more expansive archer that has some better melee defense. It can't even take a city if it has 0 health. In the beginning of the game I have slingers/archers and warriors. This means that once I hit the immortals I can't really upgrade my warriors or I won't be able to take a city unless I train another unit for it as well (which also means I have to research another unit).

Also I don't think they are a good archer replacement, crossbowmen are not that far from the immortals (iron working is a prerequisite for them) which have the same melee strength but go to a a whopping 40 range strength!

I don't like to complain without offering a solution though, therefor I have thought of 3 solutions!

1 - Increase the ranged strength of the immortal. This way it is a viable choice in between the archer and the crossbowmen. I would propose something like strength 30. This way they have a lot of firepower early in the game which compensates for the loss of a swordsmen to you.

2 - Allow the immortal to attack in melee as well. This way they still have the same use as a swordsmen (though a bit weaker) and have a cool upside that they can do ranged as well! To compensate for this you can drop the ranged strength to 20 or make their range 1.

3 - Remove the ranged ability but instead make them do a ranged strike at the enemy when they attack in melee. What I mean with this is that the immortal does a small ranged strike against an enemy he is about to engage in melee combat. This can be a weak strike (strength 15 or so) and gives the benefit that you damage your enemy before fighting him thus leading to you doing more damage and taking less.

With one of these changes I think that the immortal would become a lot more viable to play around with. Right now I feel like these cool warriors are being wasted on such a terrible unit!

Let me know which option you think is the best of the ones I proposed or tell me an alternative. If you have a way to actually use the immortal properly I am also all ears!

Sorry for this rant, I didn't get to record my weekly Civ podcast due to Easter and had to get this out there.

submitted by /u/Innocentius69
[link] [comments]

"Nature is relentless and unchangeable, and it is indifferent as to whether its hidden reasons and actions are understandable to man or not."

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 06:20 PM PDT

Post Patch/DLC Balance [META]

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 08:04 AM PDT

Just wondering what your guys current favorite strategies are for Diety/Immortal after the balance patches and DLC.

For awhile I was on the Barbarossa Hansa stack train, then moved onto early domination strategies (war carts, rushing archery w/ 3-4 slingers), and with the ocean tile buff Victoria has been major fun with Royal Dock + commercial hub spam.

submitted by /u/Kyleeee
[link] [comments]

My wish if the World Congress comes back

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 12:17 PM PDT

I think it would be a cool little detail if you had to choose a reason for banning a certain luxury. Rather than "just because", it could be for a humanitarian reason. Like you could propose to ban whales because of the harm it does to them. In reality you're probably just trying to get it banned to hurt other civilizations but that's realistic in a way. Using the government to push an agenda in guise of trying to help the world.

submitted by /u/Monopoly_Mac
[link] [comments]

Australian Outback Station Porn

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 08:35 AM PDT

I'm making a new New Zealand mod, does this sound OP? (CIV V)

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 09:52 AM PDT

New Zealand

Leader: James Cook

UA: Land of the Long White Cloud

Mountains in your territory provide +1 Culture and +1 Tourism. Receive +2 extra happiness from luxury Sea Resources.

UB: Rugby Stadium. Replaces Stadium. Provides +2 Happiness and +1 Tourism, as well as XP for units built in that city.

UA: Americas' Cup Yacht. Replaces Ironclad. Though weaker, it has better sight and speed, and can spread tourism to other civilizations as a Great Musician does.

submitted by /u/sparrowhawk815
[link] [comments]

Alright some advice would be good this late game civ v

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 07:09 PM PDT

At 2042 as Songhai, and my compition is against Russia is close losing by 4 game points for time victory. Any advice on how to win this in 8 turns

submitted by /u/nogungbu73072
[link] [comments]

That is some real dedication to pillaging, no half-ass knocking buildings down here.

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 12:52 PM PDT

Why can I not build Big Ben in this city?

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 11:54 AM PDT

What's a good "farming" civ?(Civ VI)

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 06:27 PM PDT

I'm still pretty new to the game and I'm looking for Civs that fit my playstyle. I like to play Civs that can just sit there and farm up (Something like India in Civ 5) where I don't have to be aggressive early and still be able to keep up mid to late game.

submitted by /u/Farlander2
[link] [comments]

I need some help planning my invasion of France. More screenshots in comments.

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 10:49 AM PDT

[HELP] Six turns from victory, the game is stuck. It won't let me select Future Tech because it is already completed. Any solution to this bug?

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 06:04 PM PDT

Managing massive empires in Civ 6

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 01:05 PM PDT

Long-time Civ player and lurker here...with the advent of VI and the passing of happiness, I see pictures of empires where you guys have 10, 20, sometimes more cities in your control. For me, after maybe 4 or 5 cities I have a really hard time finding the patience and probably skill to manage such a huge empire, 20+ cities seems unfathomable, and that's not thinking about all the clicking that must be involved.

Any tips and strategies for someone looking to improve? I'd like to play huge maps but the sheer amount of cities required to stay relevant holds me back. FWIW I can beat Civ V on Deity and so far VI on Emperor but only on maps where most players max out around a half-dozen cities.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/dangerliar
[link] [comments]

When to re-roll

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 04:50 PM PDT

When do you usually decide a game isn't working and quit?

I just started my first king difficulty game after winning the last two prince games easily. I rolled as Russia (random civ) so I decided to try for a culture / religion game.

Long story short I'm at turn 90 and just had rome roll in with legions a knight, two great generals, a bunch of archers, pikemen, and catapults. They took my forward city that was close to the city state they took over and I guess they didn't like it. I don't feel like I can come back from this considering how far ahead they are.

What would you do? Should I play my first king games more science and domination like?

submitted by /u/Dynamite_Noir
[link] [comments]

The Barbarian Fleet showed itself

Posted: 18 Apr 2017 08:48 PM PDT

Am i the only one who had run into this problem?

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 07:30 PM PDT

Recently ive been experiencing some problems with the game. I have no mods installed but when i start a match and get into the game no one spawns and the turns and years count up forever. Anyone got any idea how to fix this? This happened after re installing the game.

submitted by /u/bongo0070
[link] [comments]

CIV 6 - Can Scouts capture Settlers?

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 01:26 PM PDT

Currently in a hotseat game with some friends and considering a cheeky betrayal, but will only declare a surprise war if my Scout is able to Capture his unsuspecting Settler. Quick response please its almost my turn again...

submitted by /u/R0HAI
[link] [comments]

I have no religion but I am in fourth place to religious victory, ahead a civ with its own religion, why?

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 07:20 PM PDT

I couldn't get any great prophet, so I rule people of many different faiths, and then England wanted to conquer me so I conquered them, and they had a religion, and now I can buy religious units from London.

I started sending religious units to convert cities that followed Hinduism since Gandhi was getting close to a religious victory, I converted several cities and then when I checked if Gandhi was still in first place (he was) but then I saw that I was no longer in last place for religious victory.

Does that mean that by conquering England if I now spread the religion they made, I can achieve a religious victory?

submitted by /u/Frigorifico
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.