True Dota 2 - When 7.00 dropped, lots of people were freaking out negatively about talents. It's time admit the based frog was, as always, right


When 7.00 dropped, lots of people were freaking out negatively about talents. It's time admit the based frog was, as always, right

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 11:27 AM PDT

When 7.00 came out, lots of people were saying "we HOTS now" and saying Icefrog had messed up. Now, in retrospect, it is completely clear that talents improved the balance, depth and fun of the game. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/astronomy8thlight
[link] [comments]

Why do pros go +Health over +Damage talents on position one heroes?

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 09:31 AM PDT

I've been watching DAC and in almost all the games I've seen carry players opt for +Health over +Damage on heroes like Lifestealer and Juggernaut. What are the arguments for and against this decision?

submitted by /u/enduredonuts
[link] [comments]

Explain the "Skip Crystal Nova" build on crystal maiden to me.

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 01:01 PM PDT

CM's getting picked a lot at DAC and the one consistent thing I've been seeing out of the pro builds is at least one point in all skills by level 5. After that I can see reasons to skill her many different ways (aura if lots of allies benefit, frost bite for a long duration root) but I just don't see any reason to skip crystal nova entirely. The majority of the time I max it first, as I feel it has the best scaling of all her skills and keeping the mana cost of frostbite low is good for securing farm.

But when I have CM allies the majority of the time they skip nova entirely and focus on maxing frostbite and aura. According to Dotabuff it's the second most popular build, and it's by far the most common build I see in pubs. I've even seen some 5k+ streams where the CM went this build.

Even if you need the extra 1.5s of root time to keep a QoP/Mirana/Slark/AM from escaping, I see absolutely no reason to skip Nova until level 10/11. Is this just a case of anything can work because it's pub dota?

submitted by /u/Grumpy_Puppy
[link] [comments]

Why is Vlad's considered core on abaddon?

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 04:37 AM PDT

It's not too expensive and it offers a little bit of everything--armor, mana/hp Regen, life steal, and damage. These things are certainly good for abaddon but they're also good for a lot of other heroes. Moreover, there isn't a clear synergy with any of his skills.

So why's this item core on him? Makes sense for lycan for example, who has summons.

submitted by /u/ak1247
[link] [comments]

Lets talk about Clinkz, is he coming back ?

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 10:59 AM PDT

ive seen some clinkz in high level games from 6k and above and he seems to do alrigth even in the highest bracket

i feel like he is really underrated and since 5 man push was nerfed we may even see him a bit more

submitted by /u/Manaoscola
[link] [comments]

Why isn't Mask of Madness core of corest on razor?

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 08:20 AM PDT

So razor has a damage buff.
Naturally attack speed lets him multiply the damage buff with more attacks.
The damage buff is situational in being close to your attacker, so you need to be fast enough to stay close to your opponent.
Razor also has an ult, that deals damage if your close enough to your enemy.

Mask of madness gives you some lifesteal(compounding his general tankiness from passive)
Huge attack speed to keep hitting during link
Movespeed to orb walk as stay in range of his prey.

  • At the cost of razor being silenced for 8seconds - which is fine because all of his skills are >14second cooldown. Nuke, link, ult, and then madness any time in the next 6 seconds and you'll not waste a cooldown.

On the http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Razor gamepedia wiki it's not even listed as a sometimes item. What am i missing?

Edit: It reduces armor by 5, I entirely forgot about that. I still think it's worth(not that i have interest in boring to death via playing razor) but that is an incredibly fair oversight of mine. Without items at level 10(assuming you take the agi) you will have net 6.5 armor before items, so it doesn't take you below 0 but close to.

submitted by /u/punriffer5
[link] [comments]

Solar Crest appreciation thread

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 01:12 PM PDT

Can we talk about this AWESOME item? I mean it only costs 2625 gold and it gives +75% Mana regeneration +12 Armor +25% Evasion. You can transfer whoever you want, works both deffensively and offensively (grants evasion for targeted allies, applies blind to enemies), 7sec cooldown, its great for supports and carrys and every hero lmost lol. It even works on Roshan for full benefits. It's made of super cheap components. I really love getting this item every match.. too cost-efficient.

I've seen great succees from this item even from a crystal maiden to a wraith king lmao. Supports should try this item more often (haven't tried but would do wonders with witch doctor and dp ults)

submitted by /u/Inxxi
[link] [comments]

How to deal with KotL + Jug as a solo offlaner

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 12:17 PM PDT

How do you guys deal with kotl + jug? It's such a gimmicky lane and it just absolutely sucks to offlane against.. particularly when you have a jungler/roaming support so you're primarily solo.

At what point do you just say 'fuck it' and leave lane?

After around level 3 or so, it seems impossible to contest any farm at all without losing all your mana to the first leak, and then dying to the next.

submitted by /u/r0b0c0d
[link] [comments]

What are some of the best offlaners this patch and in which situations should i pick them ?

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 06:57 AM PDT

trying to spam some offlane heroes now, some advice about good heroes to spam and when to pick/avoid them would be really helpful

also tips on when they get their power spikes and what to do when they do get it

submitted by /u/reapr56
[link] [comments]

Questions about mid position

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 09:01 AM PDT

Hi. Recently i have started playing mid more often. I watch a lot of streamers who play mid, but i still feel like i dont know everything i should. So if there is some 5k+ mmr experienced mid player who would be willing to answer on my questions or give me some more advices, i would really appreciate that. So few questions: when is it good to start pushing lane instead of denying your creeps and trying to keep creeps as close to your tower as it can? i know that when you go for the rune its good to push your lane, but is there some other indicator? when should i go farm jungle? i know it depends on hero, but for example, when i get ganked 2 times and i simply cant handle lane without being killed, should i just push lane and go farm jungle and return to lane whenever i have creeps under my tower? or in which scenarios should i go just farm jungle? is it that gamechanging to try to kill my mid opponent? or is it enough if i just get farm and dont get killed? in above mentioned scenario when my mid lane isnt going very good, is it better to go farm jungle or go gank other lanes? (i know this kinda depends on hero, but maybe some advices as far as ganking other lanes in laning stage is concerned)

Those are questions that i could think of right now. Feel free to add any own advices. Thank you very much in advance.

submitted by /u/DJPEPO
[link] [comments]

How do i get farm as a support?

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 04:13 AM PDT

I always run out of gold to spend for wards and even worse when i die, but then, I cant farm the lanes (either my carries are farming it or its obviously a death zone) or the jungle (always empty since carries need it). What do I do?

submitted by /u/DemKnightTDK
[link] [comments]

I am sceptical about choosing Tusk's XP talent. Give me reasons not to be!

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 06:06 AM PDT

So I am watching DAC. Both Jerax and Faith_Bian is choosing xp talent over dmg on lvl 10. I trust they have a good reason, but could this be a pro scene vs pub scene difference?

My opinion is that Tusk needs to be strongest early/early midgame, and adding around 125dmg to ult is significant. He doesn't need the extra levels imo. Depending on how you play, it will just end up feeding more xp to the enemies! As an initiating and sacrificial support, you don't want more levels than u need.

What are your thoughts?

submitted by /u/mhorned
[link] [comments]

Why is Earth Spirit never picked by Liquid ?

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 01:45 PM PDT

It is the most played hero in DAC right now with 71% winrate. Kuro knows exactly how to draft around an Earthspirit, all 4 of their players except GH- know how to play alongside an Earthspirit ( Jerax/Cr1t). Liquid used to be the team that would pick it almost every game if it is not banned, suddenly they do not value it anymore even if it is back in the meta...

GH- has a 58% winrate on that hero. They seem to like role swapping, even miracle-/matu could play the hero.

submitted by /u/ace-s
[link] [comments]

Best heroes to learn in 7.0?

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 01:22 PM PDT

I haven't played DotA in about 6 months, and I'm looking to get back into it but haven't kept up much with the new meta. I want to learn some more heroes now that the new patch is out. Recommendations?

submitted by /u/anotheroxygenthief
[link] [comments]

Drafting against Higher MMR Opponents

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 10:29 PM PDT

Here's a link to the post: https://captainsmode.wordpress.com/2017/03/28/winter-minors-w6-higher-mmr-opponents/

I'm actually having a lot of success drafting Zeus support lately, particularly alongside Crystal Maiden.

As for Monkey King it didn't work great for us but I could see it being really strong in a minus-armor strat, probably featuring core Visage as well - the pros clearly like the hero, I think we need to practice it more (across all my teams).

submitted by /u/mjjdota
[link] [comments]

Lycan in 7.04

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 04:16 PM PDT

Personally starting to feel like this hero is an underrated gem (I'm jinxing it, I know), his got win rate recently increased across all brackets, he has efficient farming capability, and has fairly versatile/flexible item builds after vlads. So what could be keeping this hero from becoming common-pick material?

I'd assume it has something to do with his lack of a hard disable unless basher or abby blade is bought, but what else could I be missing?

submitted by /u/PingusDerf
[link] [comments]

hi guys what do u think about urn of shadows on PA?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 10:19 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.