Guild Wars 2 - shoutout to Metrica map chat for finding events today! |
- shoutout to Metrica map chat for finding events today!
- Open World PvP: Murdering an innocent bystander in Lion's Arch
- When will we see Magdaer?
- This is one of the best communications pieces ANet has ever done.
- ArenaNet,I would literally kill for an Unlimited Transmutation Charge Stone (or something similar)
- [Discussion] The GW2 Loot Piñata Mentality, its Consequences and our Own (Partial) Responsibility
- New Samarog CM bug
- I want my characters not to change positions in the login screen all the time
- WoodenPotatoes - The Frost-Gunner Necro | The Absurdly Broken Open World Build
- Guild Wars 2 on Twitter: Rytlock's Critter Rampage
- If Adventures were meant to be replayable content then why their rewards are... bad?
- [QoL] Consume/salvage all for s3 map currency
- March 29 Patch (bugfixes)
- So we built a SAB world in our guild hall [fate] (9:37)
- [SaB] Super Adventure Box! World 1 Tribulation Mode / Hard Mode / Walkthroughs / Guide
- Classical, Crystal, Exalted Gliders on sale
- Revenant BETA Weapons
- Box of fun in Lion's Arch, we got this piece of art, if i had money, i would comission it
- Elemental Sword should be available on the gem store as well as a rare drop from BLC, just like Braham's Wolfblood Outfit during A Crack in the Ice
- I just skipped a heartbreaking moment in the story and regretted it
- Question- Can thieves still permastealth, post the trap changes?
- With all the sales that Anet has put put over time...why not put gems on sale?
- Competitive GW2?
| shoutout to Metrica map chat for finding events today! Posted: 29 Mar 2017 06:22 AM PDT
| ||
| Open World PvP: Murdering an innocent bystander in Lion's Arch Posted: 29 Mar 2017 01:36 PM PDT I had a bit of fun (and many failures!) trying to kill people in Lion's Arch today, here are the results: https://youtu.be/wUqMeuBBJBQ Plague Signet on Necromancers periodically sucks conditions from people around you onto yourself. On top of that, a necromancer can inflict onto themselves conditions with corruption skills. Hilarity ensues. This was done all in good fun, enjoy! :) [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 29 Mar 2017 02:19 PM PDT Now that Eir is dead, and Braham is off doing his own thing against Jormag, it feels as though Magdaer has kinda fallen off the plot... We originally helped Eir retrieve Magdaer in the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon, so she could reforge it for Logan to use, because Rytlock has Sohothin. Now she's dead, and since she was the last person to have it, we're going to need to reintroduce it into the game somehow, since it seems obvious Braham doesn't have it and now Logan's Pact Marshal so he's starting to take a back seat role... I mean, I also don't mind if it gets Caladbolg'd and we end up with it as an Ascended weapon after a journey. Please don't forget Magdaer :( [link] [comments] | ||
| This is one of the best communications pieces ANet has ever done. Posted: 29 Mar 2017 03:49 PM PDT "Festivities will begin on March 30 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC -7) and are scheduled to end April 19 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC -7)." Seriously, this is amazing. Not only have they told us the date when SAB will end, but they are also giving TIMES. No more waiting around on patch day for the patch to hit, then having to download. Instead, we have already (apparently) downloaded the necessary content and are just waiting for the clock to tick down to play it. Now admittedly, I'm sure there is a chance that something might happen and it might not work exactly as intended, but this tells me that they are taking seriously the feedback that's been given in the past about improving communication. [link] [comments] | ||
| ArenaNet,I would literally kill for an Unlimited Transmutation Charge Stone (or something similar) Posted: 29 Mar 2017 10:18 AM PDT I am a person who frequently changes their armor. I run out of charges pretty quickly. (like the title says) I would literally kill someone for an unlimited transmutation charge stone. Usually I don't submit posts like these (i am a dumb person to give any submissions to be honest) but hopefully ArenaNet changes the transmutation system. edit : The NPC thing was just a silly idea,It wouldn't be in ANet's interests however I still think unlimited stone in GEM STORE or in BLC chests (._.) would work I would like to hear the sub's thoughts about this. [link] [comments] | ||
| [Discussion] The GW2 Loot Piñata Mentality, its Consequences and our Own (Partial) Responsibility Posted: 29 Mar 2017 05:45 AM PDT ReadMe.txt: The following is an extensive text on a pretty unpopular opinion. I don't own a blog or a website so I figured I should just type it out here. If you don't want to waste your time on it, I suggest that you just click away now since I don't intend on adding a TL;DR. If you are open for discussion however, have a good read and feel free to drop a comment with your own opinion on this since I'm interested to see why others would agree/disagree or what they have to add to this. The GW2 Loot Piñata Mentality "Two blues and a green!", "Bags within bags within bags", "Salvage wars 2". I believe every person who has played Guild Wars 2 for a decent amount of time understands that I'm talking about the way loot is presented to and treated by the players. I don't have to explain that it can be quite the struggle sometimes, so I'd rather address the issue here. Currently, GW2 offers a massive amount of ways to obtain loot. You can get actual items, tokens, currency and other loot from killing mobs, participating in map metas, gathering, crafting, buying them from a vendor or from the trading post, you name it. So far a very traditional way to obtain loot in MMORPGs. Here's the problem: the way that we, the players, need to use that loot to convert it into the goals or the ends that we actually aim to use it for, is stupendously unoptimized and incredibly inconsistent. While it is true that there are features in the game that help us a lot (mobile material deposit, salvage-o-matics, shared inventory slots, expansion slots for bags and bank tabs, portable NPC's like vendors and trading post merchants, etc.), they are in my eyes a solution to a self-inflicted problem that could be avoided. It cannot be avoided easily but there is a lot of room for improvement, especially if you keep in mind that the previously mentioned solutions are looked upon as 'Quality of Life'-features by now and are also priced for that 'luxurious' purpose. Some of these luxuries spike up to very high amounts of gems/gold but the pricing is not the issue for me personally. The issue is the concept of having to invest resources in means that find a way around the struggle that loot can bring, instead of actually digging to the root of the problem and trying to come up with a permanent fix. Since I lack the technical know-how to offer a solution that Arenanet would actually be able to implement in the game, I felt like I could at least contribute in getting the ball rolling by analysing the situation and sparking a discussion about it. If you think that it is not an issue that Arenanet should take care of in the long term, or if you think it's not an issue at all then feel free to disagree. I, however, believe that there are multiple negative consequences that come with this loot system and some of those have caused results that Arenanet can't really go back on anymore unless they make something significant happen. The Consequences First of all, and it honestly goes without saying, I would have a hard time believing that there is a single person out there who does like to spend all those seconds, minutes, or if you are a master hoarder, hours on clicking through endless amounts bags, chests, unnecessary confirmation windows, just to end up with the loot. That loot actually isn't what you plan on using in most cases, so you need to either spend the currency you got and repeat the entire process again or salvage the items you get for the raw materials. A few examples: Level 80 areas like The Silverwastes drop green bags of gear. Which level 80 character is going to enter the zone with inferior gear to the one inside the bags? Not a single one. So it's all going to be salvaged for materials, and the more you play, the more time you will have to waste on this. The same green bags can also be found in raids, which is hilarious if you think about it. Since there is no 'Quality of Life'-feature that allows you to select what level of gear you get out of the bags, players had to make clever use of another mechanic to get specific materials, another example of how impractical the loot system can be: In order to get those lower tier materials like cotton and linen, one has to either play a low level character regularly and end up at 80 anyways or make a new low level character, stack up the green bags and go on a 'bag opening spree' on that specific character. That's a very poor use of a character slot right there. The same logic goes for silver doubloons and every other lower level material that is almost unavailable to level 80 characters. Secondly, this next point talks about something completely different and may tap a bit too much in my personal gameplay experiences. I'm pretty sure all can agree that Guild Wars 2 is an MMORPG. The MMO part is undisputable, the RPG part, however, is suffering from this loot system in my opinion. With this amount of essentially 'useless' loot, if you don't convert the loot in other things, it almost looks like the early stages of Diablo 3, where you had the same overflow of 'convertibles' (items that have no 'real' use for most players apart from converting them into something more useful). But in a dungeon crawler like Diablo, it is actually acceptable since the game genre is mostly designed around having the best gear ever, nevertheless, Blizzard introduced a huge 'loot 2.0' patch a long time after release that made the game more fun to play without significantly increasing the drop rates or rewards. All they did was render the drops more relevant to the character you were playing and they also dramatically reduced the amount of 'convertible' drops. Back to Guild Wars 2, gear grind is not really a thing here, it's more about the style and the looks of the gear, because characters are themed, it's a story that they get upon character creation, hence RPG. Of course you can max out to an ascended set with infusions, but the impact on your gameplay will not be as significant as in other games, because GW2 has a lot more to offer that isn't centred around having the best gear possible. Looking at this from a guild leader's perspective, I still see a lot of people, in general, not only in my guild, that do focus on that specific aspect of grinding through content that in truth they wish was different. They are free to do whatever they want, but it pains me that in a game called GUILD Wars 2, people are artificially incentivized to spend more time working on personal progression and dealing with these roadblocks mostly caused by the loot system, instead of having the time and the liberty to enjoy content for guilds for example. That guild content, a selling point for this game, has not seen any significant update since expansion release and before that not for at least a year and a half. To add to that, the current content for guilds is repetitive, full of bugs (the actual challenge of challenge missions is finding what bug triggers an event, or for races, what bug actually grants players their reward) and totally unrewarding. I'm not asking for an increase in reward quantity, I'm asking for the quality fix that we deserve since we are the players, the community that makes this game worth playing. I know other guild leaders that deserve a medal for the amount of effort that they put into keeping the game interesting by doing all kinds of events that require multiple days of preparation, but most of their members just don't join because there's no real reward for it apart from the fun, which sadly is just not enough for a lot of people, or because they have to spend their limited time on farming bags, chests and other tedious grinds to keep funding the progress towards their goals. I strongly believe that a loot system overhaul could help people enjoy the RPG part in MMORPG more. And for guildless or solo players, the same overhaul could free up a lot of time for you that you could spend on other activities in the game. Our Own (Partial) Responsibility This is all easier said than done and you can't just blame Arenanet for making an overly complex loot system. Maybe in an alternate universe, mobs drop the actual raw materials already so you don't have to salvage them, or bags directly give high level players the materials they need instead of 'convertibles'. These alternatives were probably discussed by the developer team during the making of the game and they probably had a very good reason to not go with them, so don't blame them for not thinking of the ultimate solution to our problems. In fact, I believe that we haven't really been helping them with thinking of alternatives. I've played since release and I've been an active member of online communities, I've lead a large guild for over a year and I have lurked a long time on this subreddit as well. Most of the community complaints are always about things being not rewarding enough. Quite frankly, if they improve the quantity of items or currency we receive, in the end not much will change. Quantity increase leads to rebalancing, and if Arenanet would listen to all the people crying out for more loot, we would just see another huge inflation on the economy. If we stop asking for more loot, and instead we shift our focus to asking for a better experience, without poorly designed rng-based mechanics and the endless stream of bugs and other issues that comes with it, maybe then we can enjoy the game more as a whole. Think of it as Arenanet making the journey towards your goals easier in a way that it's more enjoyable to do and not in a way that you just have to do less of the same grind. If I recall correctly, that is the philosophy the game was built on. They stuck to their promises when they didn't raise the level cap at HoT launch for example, there wasn't going to be a pointless gear grind. They made the mastery system, gave it a rich backstory and a set of cool features instead of just elevating a number. It's this very philosophy that we should take with us in the game and in our requests and wishes for the future. The developers are providing us with an enormous and magnificent setting, it's our responsibility to turn it into something awesome by doing the things we have been doing for the past four and a half years. Even though we can't do everything we want in the game, we can give valuable feedback and constructive criticism and keep showing interest in the gem that is Guild Wars 2, which helps out Arenanet, but also ourselves in the long run. Thanks for reading and let's hope for another four and a half years of Tyrian goodness! [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 29 Mar 2017 12:46 PM PDT The spears in CM mode don't get pulled in after 12 spawns but 24 instead. Doesn't happen always but it does sometimes [link] [comments] | ||
| I want my characters not to change positions in the login screen all the time Posted: 29 Mar 2017 06:45 AM PDT As the title says. I dont like that the chars change positions all the time. I want to give them a fixed spot. [link] [comments] | ||
| WoodenPotatoes - The Frost-Gunner Necro | The Absurdly Broken Open World Build Posted: 29 Mar 2017 12:55 AM PDT
| ||
| Guild Wars 2 on Twitter: Rytlock's Critter Rampage Posted: 29 Mar 2017 11:22 AM PDT
| ||
| If Adventures were meant to be replayable content then why their rewards are... bad? Posted: 29 Mar 2017 01:06 AM PDT So, first time in a long time I jumped back into Maguuma to finish all map collections and I decided to check if I can still get gold in drone race. Well, I could and I was like "cool, let's see how many Ley Line Crystals I get"... The answer was 10, the amount you can drop from a mob or two (depending on luck) with Nuhoch Hunting Mastery. While some may say that I took one of simplier Adventures (and this is correct) there are many hard and many atrocious ones and all of them will reward you just 10 tokens for completion (and 30 silver if you consider the rare). It really seems lackluster in terms of map currencies. My question is: why are things this way? I mean, sure, you get Mastery Point for clearing the Adventure first time, but what I am talking about is replayability. There are leaderboards, but most of people do not bother with them after getting gold and most people do not even bother with gold once they hit the point where they basically swim in unspent Maguuma Mastery Points and I believe that rewards (on the side of map currencies) are the main issue. Why should you even bother with getting good at adventure if all you get from jumping from silver to gold is 5 tokens. Why would you even bother with getting silver in the first place in many cases? Nobody can doubt that adventures are meaningless once you get all Maguuma Masteries and it's clear there is just no enough insentive at this moment for the state of them to change. Why can't token rewards be for example Bronze: 10 ; Silver: 15 ; Gold: 20 (45 total). Instead of current state B: 2 ; S: 3 ; G: 5 (10 total). Wy can't people be rewarded for getting good at something they dedicated time to? Pretty cool idea of Adventures has (in long term) turned dead due to the lack of rewards and insentive despite the fact it was meant to be something people would go to again and again in order to have fun and compete with others. [link] [comments] | ||
| [QoL] Consume/salvage all for s3 map currency Posted: 29 Mar 2017 10:20 AM PDT As the title says, I have a lot of the wood/bloodstone etc. In my inventory, but it's a pain to salvage it one by one, even more so because of the confirmation window each time. I also found it strange that bloodstone and wood you have to salvage, but winterberries you consume. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 29 Mar 2017 04:41 PM PDT
| ||
| So we built a SAB world in our guild hall [fate] (9:37) Posted: 29 Mar 2017 01:50 PM PDT My SO and I run a 2-man guild [fate], and we have been working on this Super Adventure Box-style guild hall since the reintroduction of the festival last year and have been dumping our gold into obtaining lots and lots of decorations. We routinely break down our creations, so we wanted to showcase our jumping adventure before the SAB festival on Thursday. There's lots more to our guild hall besides what's shown in the video, including many hidden frogs that are waiting to be found.
We hope this inspires everybody to deck out their guild halls with decorations, especially the new SAB ones. Enjoy this decoration extravaganza!
Special thanks to Cordelia and Jennybabe for holiday decoration donations as well as Aurorae for advice on recording/uploading. [link] [comments] | ||
| [SaB] Super Adventure Box! World 1 Tribulation Mode / Hard Mode / Walkthroughs / Guide Posted: 29 Mar 2017 04:27 PM PDT World 1 Zone 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OixEQ3Lpwh8 World 1 Zone 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAChxE1GDyw World 1 Zone 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RjkaUQtHBk [link] [comments] | ||
| Classical, Crystal, Exalted Gliders on sale Posted: 29 Mar 2017 09:05 AM PDT
[link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 10:54 PM PDT Any word on Revenant BETA weapons/Mistwarden weapons- the last 3 posts about them are 9 months + old and was wondering if they were found(hope they weren't lost!). https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4m91y8/mistward_weapons_set/ https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ri10y/where_is_the_revenant_weapon_skins_that_were_in/ https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ublvh/revenant_beta_weapons/ They looked amazing and fit Mistwarden armor perfectly and its a shame they're not in the game yet. [link] [comments] | ||
| Box of fun in Lion's Arch, we got this piece of art, if i had money, i would comission it Posted: 29 Mar 2017 12:27 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 08:17 PM PDT Sure, Candelabra Staff wasn't available on the gem store either and being one of the few people who actually really liked that skin(and didn't get it) that was pretty disappointing. However, the Elemental Sword is a different story entirely. We have been getting GW1 skins over time as gem store skins, which I think most people are pretty okay with - I know I am at least, I'm totally fine with buying a nostalgic cool skin which in turn helps support the game I love. But when the only way to obtain said skin is through a lucky roll on the BLC loot table, that's just not cool. Personally I purchased the same amount of keys with gems I would have payed for a skin(bought 800 gems and converted for another 100 to get 10 keys in total). I also had another 10 keys saved up from farming story steps etc. so I opened 20 chests and didn't get the skin. I wasn't expecting to get it from 20 chests, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing. Why not have the Elemental Sword skin for sale directly on the gem store AND have it as a rare drop from Black Lion Chests? They did the same with Braham's Wolfblood Outfit during A Crack in the Ice. A few other alternatives: Make the skin non-bound so it can be sold on the trading post. Make the skin a rare account-bound drop from BLC and also for sale for 2-3 BL Claim Tickets. At least you would get progression from opening chests in the form of scraps and tickets, meaning even if you didn't get the lucky drop, you can still get it eventually. [link] [comments] | ||
| I just skipped a heartbreaking moment in the story and regretted it Posted: 29 Mar 2017 09:28 AM PDT Spoilers alert Warmaster Forgal Kernsson just sacrificed his life for me :/ Backstory : in Battle of the claw , we were fighting through the mobs and warning the commanders then This huge dragon just jumped in and broke the wall ! , we retreat of course and go to the cutscene . Forgal goes on about his family being murdered by the dragon then I said "no more man I gotcha we will duo this dragon" and I skipped the conversation for the dragon fight . Little did I know , he went in and closed the gates so I can go the ship and be rescued . I still hear his name called out , proud of his legacy and refusing to kneel . WHY DID I SKIP THAT . Honestly though , story is very well done . I am a beginner and 100% enjoy the story more than anything [link] [comments] | ||
| Question- Can thieves still permastealth, post the trap changes? Posted: 29 Mar 2017 12:43 PM PDT Enquiring minds would like to know. If it's remotely possible, what do they give up to do so? Thinking about trying that spec solo on a raid boss..... [link] [comments] | ||
| With all the sales that Anet has put put over time...why not put gems on sale? Posted: 29 Mar 2017 07:31 PM PDT As the title says, we've seen Anet pushing out sales of all sorts, cutting off prizes on various gem store items. We've also seen the game and the expansion pack on sale too. Something I do believe would definitely help sales like the current one would be to make an actual gem sale. Cut the prices off one or a few of the gem bundle options we have available. I can't even count the amount of times a new gem store item releases and I end up debating whether or not it's worth spending 10 dollars to get a full 800 bundle for something that isn't worth half of that. Having gem sales every now and then would bring a fresh twist. What do you guys think? [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 29 Mar 2017 09:15 AM PDT I loved watching all the competitive GW2 leagues, but nothing has been around for the past 8 months. Just coming back from overseas, and was hoping that there would be something new to catch up on. Are they dead? Are they on a hiatus? Someone who knows more than me, please educate me! [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from /r/GuildWars2: News and "Discussion". To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment