World of Warcraft - Join us in The WoW Discord!


Join us in The WoW Discord!

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 06:36 AM PST

If you haven't already, please join us in The WoW Discord.

It's a place to hang out and chat with people about WoW and other general interests.

You can pick a class once you join simply by typing !rogue. Obviously, you'll pick rogue because roguemasterrace but if you would like to pick a suboptimal class, you can simply type !classname or even !help to figure things out.

There are several thousand people already in there, but it's not really overwhelming.

The WoW Discord also houses links to as many other WoW-related discords as we know about, so if you're looking for The Rogue Discord, you can type !tag class-discords and find it in the list that comes up.

submitted by /u/aphoenix
[link] [comments]

Murloc Monday - ask your questions here!

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 02:05 AM PST

Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle! RwlRwlRwlRwl!
That's murloc for "Welcome to Murloc Mondays - where people can ask any type of question about WoW without getting Strangles by a Death Knight.
Questions can range from whats new in Legion, what class is OP, and how many Demons will it take to down Thrall?
Questions can come from brand new players, players returning, or veteran players who never got a chance to ask the right question.


New to WoW? Start here! | PvP with us! | Guide to Pet Battles | Other guides | FAQ

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Follow Up to Guild Photo for Guild Mate who is Passing Away.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 03:12 AM PST

Premade Groups translation guide

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 08:17 AM PST

Redeemed ~10 million gold in tokens

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 09:49 AM PST

Definitive proof that healer DPS can make a difference.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 09:23 AM PST

Fuck This Guy

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 10:38 AM PST

My friend wood craved me a mini Ashbringer!

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 12:02 PM PST

my guildie sent me this urgent warning in the mail

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 01:43 PM PST

Kil'Jaeden travelling at warp speed.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 06:18 AM PST

From Scratch retires from hardcore raiding

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 12:57 PM PST

Blizzard - Please stop making the first or second boss in a LFR wing the objective of a weekly cache mission

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 10:22 AM PST

There's a problem with mass-quitting in LFR right now because people are being incentivized to only kill one or two bosses. Players pick up their weekly Emerald Nightmare or Nighthold cache quest that requires them to kill a boss in that raid instance. I appreciate that even if you're a mythic or heroic raider you can run your weekly cache missions in LFR, it makes life a lot easier. I appreciate that the Devs tried to add some flavor and variety to the quests by mixing up which bosses need to be killed, but the end result right now is a huge mess for people running LFR. 75% of the people in a given LFR instance are bailing after the quest objective boss.

As an example, the EN cache quest this week (for me at least) was to kill Il'gynoth. IllyG is the 2nd boss in the Darkbough wing of LFR Emerald Nightmare. I queued up three times today before I got a fresh run. The first two times I waited the 10-20min for the queue to top, then joined a group that was already past the first two bosses and just getting to the third, Elerethe. The first time I killed Elerethe for the AP and the completion gold. The second time I quit and re-queued later for the same reason most people do. Finally on the 3rd attempt I got a fresh run. I didn't quit after IllyG, but I really wanted to along with the other 2/3's to 3/4's of the group who did bail. And as we're making our way to do trash for Elerethe, in comes a whole new fresh group of players, many of them complaining about a stale run.

I thought we fixed this same issue of mass quitting in Warlords by requiring dungeon quests for the Inn to not only pick up a certain item, but kill the last boss of the dungeon. It's a quick fix. I still queue up for LFR for the AP and to work on my weak auras and try out new talents and gear.

submitted by /u/Beave1
[link] [comments]

When you've got no curve and you're desperate.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 01:06 PM PST

MMO-Champion is looking for writers and capture artists to join our team.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 12:45 PM PST

Hello, all! I'm Brianna - I help out with content for various Curse sites. Right now, we have a handful of open positions at MMO-Champion for capture artists and guide creators. Please take a look at the important info below, and feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions.

  • These are remote, contract positions
  • You must be at least 18 years of age (no exceptions)
  • You'll be compensated per assignment
  • Assignment availability based on patch cycle

For questions or additional information, please email writers@curse.com.

Content Writer
Enjoy writing guides and informational posts about World of Warcraft content? We're looking for writers to create boss guides, event guides, and even guides for pet battles. You'll need writing samples to apply. PTR experience is a plus, and a high level of written English is required.

Apply here: http://bit.ly/2jItqRa

Capture Artist
Love to record yourself playing World of Warcraft? Capture in-game events, new spell animations, and more for MMO-Champion. To apply, we're requesting that you capture a bit of in-game footage for us; see the application for more info.

Apply here: http://bit.ly/2kpFW8s

submitted by /u/CrsBrianna
[link] [comments]

Why doesn't Sargeras just walk to Azeroth?

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 10:19 AM PST

Because he fel

submitted by /u/ejbente
[link] [comments]

Mana Pool | Resto Druid Weak Aura Suite

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 06:46 AM PST

Asked my friend how his M Guarm run was going. He seemed to cut it pretty close.

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 09:12 PM PST

From a new player...

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 08:13 AM PST

In January I decided to pick up WoW for the first time. It has been a game I've been meaning to play for ages now but I was terrified I would be lost/forgotten about as a new player in a fairly aged game..I was wrong.

Today I finished my first raid and joined a guild. The music, quests and lore are stunning and I've spent time at work reading up on the background to the horde and why everything is set as it is. A lot of people give it hate for not being the "vanilla" WoW that they remember but from a fresh pair of eyes this game is stunning and enchanting, maybe in a few years time I'll look back and be part of the "it's changed" crew, but right now I'm in awe. So, from a new player who is perhaps too late to join the tea party but who is nonetheless enjoying the hospitality, thank you blizzard.

submitted by /u/TreadingBoards
[link] [comments]

Boomie talents in Heroic Nighthold

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 10:45 AM PST

Gul'dan playing unfair.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 11:26 AM PST

New Player, Thought I'd Share My Positive & Incredibly Fun Experience So Far!

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 04:13 AM PST

I was one of those people who always used to say "I don't understand WoW at all" or "It's not my cup of tea" (Sorry, British phrase..). The thing is, I never tried to understand it. I've had friends ask me if I would ever play it and tried to convince me a lot, but I never went for it. Instead I spent the last several years buying AAA titles and being let down more often than not.

So, that all changed last Friday. I'm not quite sure how we got onto the topic of WoW, we was playing another game and IIRC they were talking about D&D.. I had no idea what they were going on about, D&D seems so confusing to me. Anyway, that led to them talking about how they used to play it, then started talking about getting back into it.

For a long time I've been trying to find a game with tons of progression, lots to do, loads of depth. So I gave in. Downloaded the free trial. While my friends discussed something about taking a Troll Mage and Troll Monk (I'm just sat there like WTF does this all mean?!), I'm sat there downloading the game. It finishes. I click play.

..... Wow. My first hour I was just going round with my two friends completing quests in a world I didn't understand (Yet), but I loved it. I felt so overwhelmed but in a good way, I love that feeling of there being so much 'stuff' that it just overwhelms you and you don't know where to start.

Anyway, I initially started out as a Troll Hunter. Not really feeling the Troll race and becoming bored pretty quickly of being a Hunter after 10 levels (I did see a lot of posts about it being very simple), I rolled. Picked a Blood Elf Rogue.

Not having the support of my two friends who were now an island away, I launched myself solo into a world full of creatures and beasts with weird names and enemies out to kill me on sight. I fully embraced the fact that this game was going to take a while to learn about, I just got on with it. I see all these posts about maximising this and maxing out that.. I decided to just ignore it, make my own mistakes, learn from it, and enjoy the world around me.

Over 100 quests in 2 days later.. I'm LOVING this game. Why the hell did I not start earlier?! The best part is I have reunited with my cousin, who me and him used to play old school Runescape hour after hour, day after day in the good ol' days. His played WoW for over a decade, so now we get to relive our old ass kicking ways.

And yesterday I hopped aboard a zeppelin and made my way to Orgrimmar to be with my horde brothers. Upon arriving my two friends were standing there to welcome me, and were about 10 levels behind me. They joked I needed to take a break. It was at that point I released WoW has captured me. Bought Legion, subbed, here for the long run.

Just thought I'd share my experience as I see a few posts about it being tough as a new player or people giving in.

submitted by /u/therdodoubleg
[link] [comments]

Was setting up SimCraft and found this, funny but sad

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 08:45 PM PST

I am tracking the "Love is in the Air" drops of 50 characters per day. Here is the spreadsheet, updated live.

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 06:05 AM PST

I've been after the Big Love Rocket since it was introduced (minus one year of hiatus). Typically, I have around 3-6 characters at max level for the event. This year the level requirement was dropped to 16, so I decided to go all out. I wanted to keep track of the drops, so I made a thing.

Click here for the spreadsheet!

Tabs at the bottom separate gold/love tokens/other drops. Green cells indicate kills that granted a level. Totals and averages are only available for gold and token drops at the moment.

Note: The only gold I have been counting comes from the heart-shaped box; i.e. I am not counting gold rewarded from the kill itself or from queue completion. This is mostly because I didn't do it for the first day and I wanted to remain consistent.

If those extra sources of gold are important to anyone, all characters have received 4-6g per boss kill regardless of level. The queue completion reward scales with level. The lowest characters have received around 18s while max level characters received around 33g.

As for drops themselves, I have decided to spare myself a bit of sanity and have lumped all perfumes/colognes together rather than list them by name.

submitted by /u/whereitsbeautiful
[link] [comments]

I spent around 40k gold on cloaks for this joke

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 11:10 AM PST

So the monk class quest turns the grappling hook into a bazooka

Posted: 13 Feb 2017 08:58 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.