Pokémon GO - Thinker Thursday - An Idea Megathread [Meta]


Thinker Thursday - An Idea Megathread [Meta]

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 04:06 PM PST

Good morning /r/PokemonGO,

This megathread is for all you thinkers out there who have ideas for Pokemon GO, even the small ones.

Idea posts are still permitted on the subreddit every day of the week, but now you can post those smaller ideas that didn't really justify a full post!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

80 New Johto Pokemon, New Catch Mechanics, Expanded Wardrobe, and New Evolutions Coming This Week.

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 04:27 AM PST

Pokémon storage upgrades cost 50% less in wake of new update!

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 07:31 PM PST

How many people who said "Dead Game" will be out looking for Pokémon this weekend? ��

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 12:52 PM PST

Pokemon Go has never gone anywhere for me. I've played every day since launch and haven't really gotten tired of it. However there a lot of people who stopped playing it after the first month. Personally I don't mind there being less people in my regular PoGo nest but I know a lot of you miss the original days. Packed streets, Lures at every stop, stampedes for rare Pokémon! My question is do you thing Gen 2 will be enough to bring all of them back?

submitted by /u/PoGo_Mason
[link] [comments]

My 4 y/o during the starter event. She is lv 24, currently holds 3 gyms, & cried when she saw the Gen 2 announcement.

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 07:18 AM PST

[meta] Can we please skip screenshotweekend this week?

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 06:42 AM PST

Can we PLEASE skip the screenshotposts this weekend? Yes, I know you caught something new, but no, I don't need to see it!! This weekend we can do soooo much exploring, find out whether or not there are any regionals, what pokémon are rare, are biomes affected, which pokémon spawn by day, which by night, what pokemon hatch from what eggs and so on.

But i just know instead this whole subreddit will be flooded by 100's of posts like "Look at my new Murkrow hur durr".

submitted by /u/Spargel7
[link] [comments]

Speculatory Gen 2 Rarity Chart (Revised)

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 04:48 PM PST

Copyright fail

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 04:33 AM PST

The new UI During Pokemon Encounters!!!!

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 04:33 AM PST

Is anyone else nowhere near finished Gen 1?

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 09:12 AM PST

Im so hyped for Gen II but I feel like I'm the only one who still plays everyday but has heaps to find!! I'm currently sitting at 118, almost got enough candies to evolve my Wartortle and Ivysaur, as for aerodactyl, dragonite and Lapras I've never even seen them on my radar! I do now have a healthy supply of porygon and chansey however...

submitted by /u/Pleasesendmepokemons
[link] [comments]

I Really Hope Niantic Avoids Region Exclusives for Gen II

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 07:52 AM PST

It was an interesting idea that they introduced when the game was released, but the last thing I want is for them to step on my dreams of catching them all for a second time.

submitted by /u/IceDragonAether
[link] [comments]

Niantic should give everyone a Gen 2 starter pack

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 05:02 AM PST

With the release of gen 2 I feel people are gonna hit the item/Pokémon limit pretty quickly so I think it would be a good idea for Niantic to give everyone a little boost pack containing:

  • 100 Pokémon storage upgrade
  • 100 item storage upgrade
  • 20 nanab berries
  • 20 pinap berries

This will make the transition a lot smoother for most players who are already at the limits

submitted by /u/Chrislawrance
[link] [comments]

Speculatory Gen 2 Rarity Chart

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 10:17 AM PST

New Avatar Customization screenshots!

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 09:44 AM PST

This sub went from "Niantic ain't doing shit" to "OMG BASED NIANTIC!"

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 06:17 AM PST

It's kind of funny. I've been watching the threads for quite some time. A majority of them have pretty much been "TL;DR: Niantic fucked up and now that they have money, they aren't doing crap."

But here we are. New pokemon are being released. There's new UI, new avatar items, and new ways for evolution in general. I guess they really were doing nothing.

Also I feel like this is how Niantic is looking at those users who said they weren't doing anything.

submitted by /u/zslayer89
[link] [comments]

[NEWS] All AR games banned from China - PokemonGo included

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 11:51 AM PST

[Discussion] The thing I'm most excited for from gen 2 is re-experiencing my first days of playing Pokémon Go!

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 06:57 AM PST

I can remember when I just got the app. Professor willow was saying a bunch of irrelevant stuff to me so I kept tapping the screen to just play the game. I saw all the three starters, and picked bulbasaur because it was my favorite. Caught that then saw my first Pokémon outside of starters! A zubat! I was freaking out. I still have a picture, it look really weird and I was playing around with Pokémon Go. I then found a golbat at my house. I was freaking out also! I went down a few houses and found my first eevee.

Wooooow this is bringing back so many memories just thinking about the beginning of Pokémon Go. I can't wait to re-experience that feeling of catching my first Pokémon. I also can't wait to have a reason to go outside now, because once I finished the dex, Pokémon Go got boring for me. If this is our valentines gift for niantic, then I love them as if I didn't already. I hope you all are as hyped as I am and get to re-experience the fun of catching your first Pidgey, now hoot hoot. Tell me what you think!

submitted by /u/Cflame987
[link] [comments]

After walking 75km with my Togepi I was able to evolve one.

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 04:07 PM PST

Complete APK tear down done by TSR.[News]

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 01:13 PM PST

[Discussion] No Chansey in Hell

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 11:43 AM PST

With the Valentine's event coming to a close, here's a place we can all share our loss. Not of girlfriends or boyfriends, but of Chansey. That lovable oval bastard has alluded me all week. Anyone else suffer?

submitted by /u/red157
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] I hope Niantic let's us expand our pokemon storage to 1500 or 2000 when the 80+ Gen-2 are released (also hope Eeveelutions have a nickname trick again). How much would you like to expand your storage to?

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 10:54 AM PST

I have 985 pokemon stored atm, and not many I can get rid of. I've been hoarding every good IV Eevee-to-Porygon since October last year hoping for a Gen-2 release.

submitted by /u/ScotHibb
[link] [comments]

Pokémon GO APK Teardown [0.57.2]

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 10:59 AM PST

Saw this at our local Hotspot for pokemon today. Made me laugh :)

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 09:09 PM PST

Reflection of the Valentines Day event now that's it's over..

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 03:57 PM PST

I thought it was poorly handled and was not executed to its full potential. Unlike the Halloween and Christmas events, the most desired Pokemon (Chansey) was near impossible to find in my state, and for those who did find one, it did not have a consistent spawn pattern.

Compare this to other players in different areas, who were seeing Chanseys like Pidgeys and Rats. While some people are concerned about the Blissey meta, remember that a large chunk of areas do not have this problem because we were not swimming in Chanseys.

For Halloween and Christmas, the special Pokemon were accessible regardless of where you lived. Sure, final evolved starters or Gengars did not spawn like Rats, but they still spawned without being restricted to certain biomes or specific locations. They were equally common to everyone, whereas for this event, the distribution of Chanseys was skewed heavily.

While everyone is excited for Gen 2, don't forget how this event did not meet its potential for many players. I spent hours and hours each day driving to different cities in my state and walking around searching, but couldn't find any Chanseys. Lures or incenses didn't help either.

I was able to make use of the double candy and half egg distance perks from this event, but missed out on the biggest part. Chansey was advertised in the event poster, but many of us didn't even encounter 1 during the event.

I hope the future events aren't as location-dependent as this Valentines Event was, and I hope the special spawns are more equally distributed across all regions like the starters and Halloween Pokemkn were.

This event left a really bad taste in my mouth, and I'm sure many other feel the same way. For PoGo's sake, I hope they realize their mistake in the execution of this event and make the future events better for everyone.

Now, back to the Gen 2 hype...

submitted by /u/yamitcg
[link] [comments]

New update bringing Berry selection button to the capture screen (screenshot from update announcement).

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 04:17 AM PST

[Official Trailer] The World of Pokémon GO has Expanded!

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 05:15 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.