DayZ - Status Report - 7 February 2017


Status Report - 7 February 2017

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 11:09 AM PST

Am I the only one who doesn't try despawning other players' camps?

Posted: 16 Feb 2017 02:31 AM PST

Personally, I enjoy messing with them, taking a couple cool things, putting some useless things back in. I have no interest in making people rage.

If notes still worked, I'd leave a few friendly ones, perhaps suggest better locations or extend a hand.

submitted by /u/JackCleaver
[link] [comments]

GMN - Spear play [1st person]

Posted: 16 Feb 2017 06:07 AM PST

What is the State of DayZ Early Access in .61? Well...

Posted: 16 Feb 2017 07:22 AM PST

Careful with DayZ Colony. Asking for privacy changes and giving up personal data to get whitelisted.

Posted: 16 Feb 2017 06:35 AM PST

TLDR: Be careful with DayZ Colony. They have some shady thing going on and are requiring you to hand over private info and FB to be whitelisted there.

So, yesterday I tried to get whitelisted in DayZ Colony (http://www.dayzcolony.com, they have 3 servers in US).

I checked the info, etc, everything was ok. Was kind of surprised when saw that they required to add their "administrator" to your facebook contacts, but just took that for a unique player identification process.

Filled their form, created a forum account (forum is inactive as hell btw), and added their guy to FB.

After a day or so, their admin accepted the invite, and told me they added me to their FB group (secret), and that to complete the whitelisting I had to open my friends list so they can check if I don´t have banned users as contacts.....

So there I just got alert. I told him that I could let him check the contacts for a couple of minutes, but that then I´ll close the list again. At which he replied that if I wanted to be part of the server I would have to have the list open at all times, for "security" reasons and to fight hackers (doubt it had something to do with that since their forum is full of hacking reports).

I explained to him that I can´t risk my real life privacy for a game, he said that "sorry, things are like that". So I just told him that our brief encounter will just end there. The guy answered that he still could see my contacts in the wall and proceeded to block me.

So be careful guys. I don´t know if they´re legit, but it seems to me that there´s a potential shady info gathering thing going on there for reselling purposes. I don´t think that this kind of requirements to get whitelisted are ethical or even legal.

submitted by /u/eXWoLL
[link] [comments]

SELECTIVE FIRE - Will it ever be like in Arma?

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 02:49 PM PST

My goal with this post is to shed some light on this topic, and to hopefully get some questions asked on why this hasn't been added yet.

I am a guy who often uses semi auto, since it's accurate, but I also use a huge variety of different guns that also are fully automatic and has the ability to go semi, but tends to stay fully automatic in firefights because I simply do not trust the firemode button.

At the moment the selective fire in DayZ Standalone is not very trustworthy, and the only way to really figure out if you're on semi or full is by shooting.

So, here's the big question: Will there ever be a SOLID selective fire button, like in Arma, that actually tells you for certain what mode your weapon is set to?

submitted by /u/Wargasm011
[link] [comments]

DayZ screen off center, please help

Posted: 16 Feb 2017 06:37 AM PST

http://imgur.com/b0BA8yV

so this happends once i alt tab out to fix the recording. I've deleted documents file, reinstalled os recently aswell. Deleted AppData folder too. Nothing worked. Any ideas fellas?

submitted by /u/bokeeN_
[link] [comments]

Tent Bases Worth it?

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 11:16 PM PST

So I geared up a character with an ak74u and a lot of ammo and a winny. I then decided to make a trek to get some netting to make a ghillie. Then I read up on tents and how you can store items in them so i went out on a search and i happened to find one at NWAF. I ended up pitching it in the woods north of NWAF around the big castle. I started storing excess loot I was getting for future lives, I ended up having multiple hunting backpacks a shit ton of ak ammo, a winny with ammo + a shit ton more. Logged on today (the very next day) and my tent was gone. Seems all the tests on the server got erased as a strangers tent that i had found before was also gone. So my question is, what's the purpose? Why are they even in the game if your going to work hard to get them and get loot just to have it disappear in a day? Are they worth it or did i just get unlucky?

submitted by /u/ChillsTV
[link] [comments]

My love/hate with public severs...

Posted: 16 Feb 2017 07:45 AM PST

The Tales of a Zombie whisperer

Posted: 16 Feb 2017 01:44 AM PST

https://plays.tv/video/58a4a3367424c7dcc7/wtf

This guy used a Zombie as bait/cover and proceeded to shoot my head clean off. He ran down stairs and had the zombie block the main entrance of PD, so he could peek and kill my friend as he was entering the building with the zombie as cover.

Haven't seen anything like it before

submitted by /u/bigtastie
[link] [comments]

1pp PvP Skirmish Compilation - Locations NWAF, Boar Village, Forests of Novy Sobor, VMC fields. [10:52]

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 01:09 PM PST

Third-Party Voice Chat

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 08:17 PM PST

I'd like to point out that the purpose of this post is not to debate 'the best way to play the game.' Rather, I'm looking to explore and discuss the possibilities if players must use in game VOIP to communicate.

  • How would player behavior change (tactically and socially)?
  • What methods would squads develop if instant communication was no longer an asset?
  • What items would be useful for communication and in what ways? (Let's assume that the player can render everything he can see on his screen for this one.)

I'd love to hear someones take on the subject that has experience with squad play. Please add any questions you can think of to the comments to keep the discussion alive.

submitted by /u/RoflSStime
[link] [comments]

Rise in Hackers lately?

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 03:49 PM PST

I ran into a hacker last night before the servers went down for maintenance. Today I logged in to pvp in berenzino and died to hackers.

What's going on? Anyone noticing a problem with hackers again?

This game is getting worse everyday.

submitted by /u/trying2fix
[link] [comments]

JERONIMO - making friends in DayZ

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 12:02 PM PST

Is there a way to quickly switch between builds yet?

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 09:07 PM PST

I've been playing this fool game on and off since it migrated from Arma3, but took a break for about a year recently, and simply want to know like above, if there's a way to switch between the two.

I enjoy playing the Experimental by myself, My roomy and I play stable, and switching twice or more a day is..... tedious.

submitted by /u/KitsuneMike
[link] [comments]

Aiming down sights and upstairs is retardedly bugged. You just cant aim.

Posted: 16 Feb 2017 05:56 AM PST

fix it daybreak.

submitted by /u/deepz9
[link] [comments]

DayZ Standalone - SO MUCH LAG!

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 10:22 PM PST

Can I run dayZ on my netbook?

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 06:01 PM PST

Would dayZ be playable on my old alienware m11x r3?

submitted by /u/math_debates
[link] [comments]

Bushman strikes again

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 08:12 PM PST

Best settings

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 08:58 PM PST

What are the best graphics settings for Dayz.

submitted by /u/sector169
[link] [comments]

Sound disappears.

Posted: 15 Feb 2017 01:22 PM PST

My sound disappears after 30 -ish seconds after joining a game. I have to tab out and in to get the sound back again. But after tab in the sound goes away again.

Anyone with same problem?

submitted by /u/iKon9
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.