DayZ - Status Report - 7 February 2017


Status Report - 7 February 2017

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 11:09 AM PST

They're Evolving!

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 06:29 PM PST

TIL: The Spear is an absolutely amazing melee weapon that I never see anyone use!

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 02:25 AM PST

For as long as I've been playing the game, I've been sticking to firearms to dispatch the numerous PvE threats in the game.

However, I think I remembered reading something about the aiming being a bit better for melee combat in the last couple of updates so I thought I'd try it out.

I'd never made a Spear before yesterday (That thing is huuuuuge!!!) and decided to use that to be my primary weapon.

I was so impressed with the efficiency that the weapon gave me that I've now found my go-to weapon until I have something with a silencer on it.

With the amount of people I still see running about with axes and the like as melee weapons, I don't think many people have actually used this marvelous weapon.

If you haven't I highly recommend it.

Quick steps to craft:

  • Search for a Stone
  • Craft Stone Knife
  • Cut Long Branch off a large tree
  • Kill a Chicken
  • Skin and Quarter with your Stone Knife
  • Attach bones from carcass to the branch
submitted by /u/Riptos007
[link] [comments]

So i finally found it after 180+ hours. Now i just need the ammo and a mag.

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 08:20 AM PST

When a dual gets interrupted - With FT & Rene

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 03:21 AM PST

[DISCUSSION] Let's talk about base building.

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 08:50 AM PST

Let's talk about base building, and building in general. What are your guys' ideas, and what would you like to see? I personally would love the idea of barricading cars, or taking a bus and converting it into a mobile home somehow.

submitted by /u/Sobelek11
[link] [comments]

Would you like to see bullet impect when you are shoot? [video example]

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 04:08 AM PST

Berezino roofing Ltd.

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 07:31 AM PST

This is something pretty different for me, but I think it's turning out great. My last video was just a funny clip but it blew up with over 5k views and about 30 subs, so I want to follow that up with something great. Hope you like it!

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 04:46 AM PST

Weird thing i found when i was bored.

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 12:53 AM PST

http://imgur.com/a/wWRNs

Not sure if this has been pointed out before, i'm sure it has, but i found it while messing around with a camera ontop a smokestack. Not exactly sure what it is but it seems to look like santa?

submitted by /u/Dunderachiever
[link] [comments]

Stable servers are down for scheduled maintenance.

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 10:56 PM PST

Stable servers are down for scheduled maintenance from 07:00 GMT.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Helicopter crashsites not spawning guns is a bug or a feature?

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 07:47 AM PST

Resting Above Staroye

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 05:45 PM PST

Returning player needs upgrade

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 01:06 AM PST

Hi fellas, Ive been looking at the board and recon its time to activate the game again. I'll probably have about 1500AU in about 6 months to spare. Would that be enough to get a rig good enough or Dayz? If building is the best option would you please list what I would need, and explain like I was a 6 year old because I am clueless when it comes to this stuff... Cheers !!!

submitted by /u/Tomatoes4sale
[link] [comments]

Longest your character has stayed alive ?

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 05:54 AM PST

Just wondered, whats the longest you guys have kept a character alive for, preferably long wolfing. Measure it in game hours?

submitted by /u/Tc_Cartel
[link] [comments]

Bambi hunting.

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 05:51 AM PST

What exactly is the point of killing new players that are absolutely no threat at all to you?

submitted by /u/xperimentalj
[link] [comments]

Dayz - The Ghillie Of Stary

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 05:47 AM PST

A small reading mistake made sure this happend

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 05:27 AM PST

Returning Player/Streamer

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 05:25 AM PST

Guys,

I just want to make a short text post about returning to DayZ. I first discovered Dayz Standalone a long, long time ago. When i first started playing i played nights on end, but the game grew tiresome with the bugs and the constant problems.

However having returned in the last few days i have honestly never had as much fun in a game in a long time, the rush and adrenaline buzz of even bumping into a player when im a freshie is yet to be found in any other game (i have 1000hrs on rust no comparison.)

I just want all the hardcore guys to realise this game is going 100% in the right direction for a survival game ! At the end of the day thats what it is survival ! I am honestly so happy to see this game has come this far and i'm looking forward to branching into alot of content creations etc on this !

submitted by /u/Tc_Cartel
[link] [comments]

Should i buy it

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 04:23 AM PST

I was thinking about buying this game for a while now,but then i saw the reviews on steam.I wanted to get an opinion from reddit as well.Any comments would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/Xsawcod
[link] [comments]

Do players still go to Zelenogorsk?

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 03:55 AM PST

The Bolata, Komo, Pavlovo, Zelenogorsk, and Myshkino loot run was my favorite and guaranteed gear every time. But now that western spawns are taken away I've been mostly hanging out up north. Do people still go to the players I listed above? I ask purely for the reason of my boredom with my current loot run, the lack of gear before NWAF, and pvp.

submitted by /u/WeWantEazy
[link] [comments]

Recording dark with Shadowplay (Any fix?)

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 11:34 PM PST

Now before I get the "Alt-tab" method which did work for me on .60 I want to mention that I've been attempting to use it on .61 and its not working. I'm honestly not sure if it has anything to do with the new version .61 or maybe due to the GeForce update, but if anyone knows a fix please share thanks C:

submitted by /u/Cevap
[link] [comments]

Dayz Dev.: Exp/Unstable Branch is now running 0.61.137680.

Posted: 07 Feb 2017 08:37 AM PST

Raaaaaaa!! (frustration inside)

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 01:49 AM PST

New challenge : try to "hunt" some wolves, with 2 friends of mine.. Opitmistic goal : handcraft leather stuff... So the journey begin as well as ever, because we intercept 2 very well geared survivors.

Then we try to find the wolves, in the forest, near Chernaya.. We prepare our plan, i was heading in the forest, one of my friend 30m behind, and the third in the spot we decided for our retreat :)

I was sure we heard them before they can attack..... Oupsy..

I just heard a grunt and he, they were there, just there...!! My friend had just the time to go back to the safe house, but i knew i was too short... I run and try to lead the pack near the safe house with my friends to kill them.. But one jump at my head and i fell unconscious.. My friends killed the leaders and the rest of the pack disapeared.. Some annoying zombies were there too of course..

I was still unconscious and i pray for my life and my friends!

"Save me, save me, pleaaaaaase!!"

They bandage Force feed me CPR (...) and oh god is alive, my friends tell me i'm on my feet! You're moving!

Still incouonscious on my screen, i move my mouse and use some movement on my keyboard, it was working..!!!

So, just a little bug, but i'm alive!! So happy i was when a decide to relog, sure i will be back with my friends to skin some of the wolves....

But some of us know already the next part....

IT'S GONE!!!! IT'S TOTALLY GONE..!!!!

Wiped.. Respawn freshy smelly... raging, quiting, no more playing 'till...........

Enjoy the hardlife of being dayzed

GL Survivors!

(And sorry for my english)

submitted by /u/Ralpow
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.