CS:GO - "Assassin's Creed his ass"


"Assassin's Creed his ass"

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 01:59 PM PST

Can't get any more slav than that

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 08:45 AM PST

VAC detected a virus on my PC that neither my AV nor Windows Defender detected

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 07:34 AM PST

Don't want to go into too much detail, but I think it is worth sharing with you. I was kicked out of a competitive MM match because some program was interfering with the VAC detection of CS:GO.

I am not a cheater and I was baffled. I was offered a link in which I was told to verify my game files and uninstall any software that may interfere with the game. I did just that and just in case, I let my anti virus program run an extra intensive scan. 1 1/2 hours later it told me, that some sort of trojan or malicious software slipped through the AV detection and contaminated my PC.

I just fixed this and I don't want to know in which trouble I could have come without detecting it. But,

THX VOLVO!

TL;DR: VAC is good, 3rd party free anti-virus-programs are bad.

Edit: Holy shambles, hello frontpage! Despite some of the allegations of visiting shady pr0nsites (it takes one to now one, you know) - thank you for your attention. Here are some answers to your questions:

  • I did not get VAC banned.

  • My AV is Avast. I keep it updated all the time and I have also a 1 week schedule for windows defender.

  • I clicked away the message from avast where the name of the corrupted file was shown. It's 'in the sandbox' now, but seeing the files in the sandbox is requiring a fee (only for the paid version of Avast).

  • I have occasionally used Microsoft Edge and haven't installed an AdBlocker there, because I use it so rarely, maybe I caught something there, who knows.

  • Yes, I use CCleaner, and on the steam-website is a note, that especially CCleaner can interfere with VAC.

In the end, I don't know what exactly caused the error, but either way - I probably would have detected the corrupted file days or a week after this happend and not in the very moment it started corrupting my system.


It is quite interesting to see the reactions to my post.

Okay, there are the obligatory shit comments, but it seems that computer safety is a very, very controversial topic in this community.

To make one last note from my side:

As long as 3rd party AVs are not malicious on their own, I will continue using them. I vow to browse the interwebs more carefully in the future, and you guys should do as well (not that I'm in the position to give you good advice).

I think VAC is a good thing to have. It's not perfect and way too many cheaters slip through the system. But like it's the case for any other VACcine out there: The hackers and viruses change their shape and update themselves. It's a constant arms race, in nature and in this beautiful game we all play and love.

Please continue keeping the comments as shit-free and constructive as they are and good night.

submitted by /u/rues0
[link] [comments]

TIL Danny Trejo has a Steam account with only CSGO on it

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 09:35 AM PST

Ropz pistol ace in FPL

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 10:22 AM PST

Pro Tip: You can shoot under the truck in Overpass

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 10:09 AM PST

yzn gets CSGO'd in his final match for the FPL qualifier.

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 03:20 PM PST

CS:GO'd out of mm

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 08:18 AM PST

Counter-Points Episode 28: Aizy was quite hot and young

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 03:41 PM PST

BOT Kevin DESTROYS s1mple

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 08:36 AM PST

I heard you guys like flicks

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 10:12 AM PST

How to hold B site on pistol

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 12:53 PM PST

De_Train smoke B house from Z-connector

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 12:10 PM PST

JW fak u (FPL version)

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 07:55 AM PST

JDM arrived to SK house to see TACO's clutch

Posted: 11 Feb 2017 09:03 PM PST

RUSH on his favorite Major memory: "It was definitely the olof boost at DreamHack Winter 2014. That was insane to watch, all the drama that came out of it and disputes."

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 08:42 AM PST

Ropz is now streaming with a camera behind him

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 04:12 PM PST

Finally got the 5 man cs LAN

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 01:50 PM PST

CS:GO - de_inferno 6 most important smokes

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 12:11 PM PST

Everybody loves VP

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 09:08 AM PST

Last bullet.

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 12:54 PM PST

Happy fully happy....in the old days

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 02:48 PM PST

Fast flying mid peek

Posted: 11 Feb 2017 06:22 PM PST

My school team placed third in an online tournament and we are invited to our first ever in June!! [Help Wanted]

Posted: 12 Feb 2017 04:27 AM PST

Edit: forgot to put LAN in title

Hey guys, so I started a school CSGO team with a few school friends and entered into a local inter-school comp in South Africa. We have all played the game for quite some time and are just general enthusiasts for the game and thought we might as well enter this comp. Turns out we did pretty well and came third out of 15 schools. We were notified by the organizer that we qualified for the National trials in a few months and this is were I would love some advice from those experienced players in this community.

We are all super duper excited for this and certainly did not expect this result. Our chemistry is awesome and our team play is quite fluid as we have all been friends for the better part of high school. However before we embark on our hours of strat practice and what not I was wondering if anyone here who has had experience with LANS could help us with some tips and tricks that they have learnt that maybe one could not find on youtube Adren tutorials. I know we are a tiny team and relative to the rest of the competitive scale this may seem silly but any advice would go a long way. Basically any thing that you know helped you and your team progress through challenges would be so greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Jamesvaughan711
[link] [comments]

steel prays to the fireball

Posted: 11 Feb 2017 09:46 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.