Civilization - Does anyone else find city attack button working TERRIBLY?


Does anyone else find city attack button working TERRIBLY?

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 05:36 AM PST

I don't know how it's called in english version, but that's what I'm talking about.

  1. It hides behind unit's symbols.

  2. It sometimes doesn't react, for no reason, when you click it.

  3. When you click it, it sometimes annoyingly recenters the screen.

  4. I feel like it's bugged and you can't pick the target instinctively - like in case of ranged unit - because it somehow breaks and takes you to another action. You have to aim with that red arrow and wait patiently.

submitted by /u/CIaptr4p
[link] [comments]

Oh, no you don't, Teddy.

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 05:43 AM PST

Better luck next time magazine

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 03:16 PM PST

I think India might be up to something.

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 01:11 AM PST

Civilization VI out on Linux

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 11:38 AM PST

BUY IT NOW

submitted by /u/Rocktone
[link] [comments]

Tech question please don't upvote. Game screen stays up after exiting game and i cant exit out of it.

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 02:53 PM PST

When i exit the game to desktop the game stay up, whether i was in the main menu or in a game itself. I cant click anywhere else on the screen but i can move the mouse around, its essentially frozen. I have 2 monitors so if something is running on the other monitor i can still access it and do things through that but in order to get the frozen game off my main monitor i have restart my laptop. Any ideas why this is happening?

Edit: Windows Defender has always been disabled and I don't know what an alt Z overlay through Nvidia Gforce experience is, Do i need to make an account just to turn it off? ive never activated the gforce experience.

Edit 2: I have to restart my laptop now, I thought i fixed the alt Z overlay but it appears i was wrong.

submitted by /u/phools
[link] [comments]

Civilization 6 opening at 15 volume.

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 12:55 PM PST

Steam Weekend Sale

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 01:15 PM PST

For what it's worth, I just got a Steam reminder that Civ 6 is on sale for $47.99. First time this low?

submitted by /u/Steplaw
[link] [comments]

Industrial District Placement Question

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 01:27 PM PST

Alright so I know that since the Winter Update, Factories' and Power Plants' (and their unique variants) bonuses no longer stack (No more overlapping bonuses that is), so the question is:

Is it still worthwhile to build industrial districts in cities even if they're already covered by a factory/power plant, provided you have an extra district slot?

And secondly, the same question but for Germany and its Hansa unique industrial district, plus its bonus district capacity. My guess is that for other civilizations its probably not nearly as worth it (Unless they need the extra production from the district and workshop), but for Germany it probably is (Due to even MORE production and a bonus district capacity).

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/Crustypeanut
[link] [comments]

You can build cities only 2 tiles away from one another if cliffs are included for some reason

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 01:52 PM PST

Just a lovely city of light

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 11:12 AM PST

Civ 6 prince game

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 06:55 PM PST

Good evening all, This game tried to make me fail with everything it could, when that didn't work it now made a save game file that will crash on the very turn I would take the final capital for victory. There were several conditions that occurred during the game to make me feel as though the deck was a bit stacked. 1. My spawn was surrounded by 3 barbarian encampments, just one south of me had by my counts 10 horseman!!! Then every turn was pumping out one more. 2. My cities despite being in deep green zones, we're growing one population every 40 turns or so. This despite the two cities having several wheat tiles improved. 3. By the time I had finally beaten back the horseman of the apocalypse, Rome had something like 6 or 7 cities. Mind you, this is 200 bc. 4. Rome kept automatically denouncing me for not having enough cities.

So that is the story, I came back and battled through to the end, and as I said on the final turn where I could take domination victory? Crashes every time. Drawesome!!!!

submitted by /u/Baalphire
[link] [comments]

Anyone else wish that BE had real historical leaders and not Sponsors?

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 10:03 AM PST

It recently occurred to me that my biggest gripe with BE is that I don't like the sponsors. I wish it had Lincoln, Nebuchadnezzar, Caesar, etc.

For example: In normal Civ, Lincoln is leading his people for thousands of years BC to AD. He is apparently immortal, so why not carry him into space?

I doubt it would make much difference to the game's mechanics, but it would be nice to have that immediate familiarity with a historical leader rather than some random corporate guy who is mad at me for co-existing with the planet.

In fact, it would be great if someone made a mod that replaced the BE sponsors with their historical analogs. Just my 2 cents.

submitted by /u/AlchemicRez
[link] [comments]

"What do you mean exactly, when you say surrounded?"

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 09:20 PM PST

Do you annihilate/conquer?

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 08:03 AM PST

When you play domination, do you totally annihilate/conquer other civs? (since everyone hates you due to warmongering anyway) or only the capital?

So far, I only capture the capital and the cities in between me and the capital. On this one occasion, someone (AI) was about to sneak in a religious victory, and I because the conquered nations only have few cities left, I could easily convert them.

However, besides that, I don't see much point in not conquering them, since they have wonders and resources and what not anyway.

civ6

submitted by /u/BeatriceBernardo
[link] [comments]

I'm getting the "Dan Quayle" ranking every time despite sub turn 200 wins on Emperor. Scoring system is backward as hell.

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 01:59 PM PST

  • As it is, the scoring system encourages you to drag the game out and get ahead of the AI by a superfluous margin before actually winning. It's basically like:
  • "Okay, so what you're gonna want to do is get to the point where you've completely wrecked the other civilizations, then just take some time to retire and live the good life for 50-100 turns... build some wonders, stunt all over the AI with your tank armies, research some techs, creep on Jadwiga... do whatever the hell you want, just don't let anyone hassle you about that last city or spaceship part, because you'll get around to when you get around to it."
submitted by /u/Dominyck
[link] [comments]

Yo Dawg, I heard you like fishing boats [Civ V]

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 09:22 AM PST

So I heard you like canal cities...

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 07:53 PM PST

(Civ6) Stopping the AI from murdering CSs

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 07:52 PM PST

So, I'm playing my first game on Emperor, also my first game with AI+, and the AI Civs are conquering the city states faster than I can meet them. I know the basics of modding, though more in the make a new civ/new unit way. Is there anything I can edit or change to make the AI not want to do this, either in AI+ or in the base game?

submitted by /u/olordrin
[link] [comments]

Look at this very lucky Saladin starting location I was able to take advantage of. Mountains ftw.

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 07:52 PM PST

How to disable settlers in Civilization V?

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 01:46 PM PST

I'm making a Rome Total War style scenario and I want there to be a set amount of cites cities, but I don't know how. Will I need to mod?

submitted by /u/ModKate
[link] [comments]

Maybe you got the AI wrong?

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 07:47 AM PST

What I see constantly on this Reddit is post about how you did nothing wrong and AI still doesn't like you. But I think it's perfectly normal thing. I mean why would it? If you haven't done anything to please them you are nothing but competition. You take land and resources. And those reasons that the AI gives are while being annoying are somewhat reasonable. You have luxuryries that I don't have - well I better conquer your lands. You are becoming friends with those things I'm about to make part of my empire? Some denouncing is in place. You live on another continent? I'm not going to be friends with some peasants. You are extending your empire thru conquer? You are potential threat. And looking at history it's mostly fair. Countries never been friends just by being good neighbors - they could work together for something beneficial for them both but in most cases that's it.

submitted by /u/ligoeris
[link] [comments]

Simple Diplomacy Idea

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 04:26 AM PST

So civ 6 AI is garbage mainly because you get denounced every other turn for 'atrocities' committed hundreds of years ago. I think a good fix for this would be that after the AI denounces you for something the modifier for what they denounced you for should start to decay. At first slowly and then faster. For example if Ghandi denounces me for my warmongering the negative penalty for my warmongering should start to decay with him. Hopefully that would stop endless denouncing spam and allow you to play agressive early and peaceful later.

submitted by /u/toxicantsole
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.