Morphling HotD build for 7.01 | Learn Dota 2

Concept of Defending a Ward

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 02:01 PM PST

This question would only probably be helpful for thoe 4k and 5k above who are intending to get better to play as a team.
While watching TrueSight ep 3, in one of their analysis of their games, they said "We could have defended this ward". I have never heard of anything like this before. I don't watch a lot of full professional matches so I might have missed a moment where analysts pointed this out.
But the phrase caught me off guard because I spend a lot of time researching and thinking about the strategic aspect of Dota and not once have I heard "Defending a ward" until True Sight. I do not know much about how one can defend a ward, and would like to hear someone elaborate the phrase. Obviously, with defending also means "attacking" a ward, which some might interpret as simply dewarding, but in higher caliber games I am sure it means a bigger movement than that, especially in competitive/team scenario.
Please, 6k dieties of r/learndota2, giff me knowledge.
submitted by /u/TheTenth10
[link] [comments]

Why is Arteezy buying Helm of Dominator on Juggernaut everygame?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 06:26 PM PST

Am i missing something?

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 12:38 AM PST

Hello all, Firstly i hope this is the right place to post this.
I've recently got into Dota 2 and i'm loving it, but when i watch pro's stream or tournaments etc i see much more than i do when i'm in the game. I tried to capture this with the follow GIF : https://gyazo.com/340fa818275e05b262ce1ac6be444309 I don't even see the red dotted line that comes with x marks the spot.
When i watch steams i also see range indicators for towers and neutral spawn boxes that don't appear even when i press alt, instead i get a green/red haze around towers and nothing in the jungle.
I've tried validating the game cache on steam and playing around with the video settings but nothing seems to help?
Here is also a picture of my settings for anyone interested : https://gyazo.com/7c738a0a6bf46cbc657fa33d71af93ec
submitted by /u/H4RLZB3RG
[link] [comments]

LoL player looking to finally learn and play Dota.

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 09:18 AM PST

Due to the weird way Riot has been addressing issues, and then reverting those "fixes" because they do an obvious shitty job, a 6 year League player looking for something new to get my toxic claws- I mean hands into. I've played 30+ solo bot matches to find a character/niche that fits my playstyle, and learn the mechanics/map. So far Shadow Friend, Super Harambe, and 4chan Commander :) have been the three that I find that fit my overall playstyle that I'm transitioning from League. So my question is, how are the lanes played? I understand the concept of the Hard/Easy lanes with the two sides, but what are the lane metas? Do the duo lanes get a support, or do they just contest for CS and kills?
Another, is there a specific meta? A mixture of Nukers, Carries and tanks? Or is it just everyone hits random and hope the comp works?
Could someone explain the item system to me as well? I understand the three types of shops, but there are three stats (Strength, Agility, and Intelligence) that I don't seem to understand. I see streamers build things like Echo Saber on Shadow Friend- Sure, I can see the double AA every 6 seconds being really nice, but why waste item slot for Strength/Intel stats on an Agility character?
One final thing that I can think of, is there way to map the Deny creep button on my normal right click? I feel that it's kind of difficult to hit a button and then click, considering everything else is on Smart/Quick casting. Over the years on League, my click and mouse movement speed has honed itself, and would feel much more comfortable with it being in the same button as everything else. It sorta just throws me off, and interrupts what I'm currently doing.
Any other tips or tricks that you can throw my way, I would really appreciate. I'll keep conversations going down in the chat, so if you see a question down there that no one else has answered yet, feel free to lend a hand. I'm willing to learn/try anything at this point.
submitted by /u/FeignLife
[link] [comments]

Question about the new techies

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 12:00 AM PST

I've seen like 3 high mmr matches with techies right now, and all of them maxed their proximity mines and blast off, and didn't even put a level into their stasis trap, my question is why are people not maxing stasis trap first. Proximity mines are so useless without them, anyone can just right click them down as soon as they see them, stasis trap paired with remote mines are also so awesome, because the radius of stasis mine is 400 and remote mine is 425 IIRC It's understandable that ranged heroes rooted with stasis can still destroy the proximity mines, but still root helps set up proximity mines up so well for melee heroes.
submitted by /u/Neeldore
[link] [comments]

What's the right way to use Necro's new W?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 12:14 PM PST

Kinda seems like it's a built in ghost scepter? Do you pop it and use the Q for the added healing? I feel like I haven't been able to use this skill appropriately so far. Thanks.
submitted by /u/PDXbuds
[link] [comments]

How do I roam around as Treant?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 01:02 PM PST

I used to love Treant. And I mean, now I like him even more, but I feel like I'm struggling with him. I'm so tempted to stay in the trees for as long as possible, walking through the jungle and being undetected, that when I TP to try to gank a different lane, I'm always left wondering "How do I move it from point A to point B without being seen?"
This is easy enough to do later in the game with a blink dagger, but when you don't have one, it's honestly difficult. It's either that or I'm so bad I can't see the obvious solution. Help?
submitted by /u/-methane-
[link] [comments]

How is sumail so aggressive with storm?

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 01:47 AM PST

I've always thought of storm as a late game carry who needs items. But when I watch sumail he's going for pickoffs as soon as he gets level 6, even though he has almost no mana. He also seems to jungle a lot . Can anyone explain how he does this? Does it just take time to know your limits or am I just underestimating the hero early game?
submitted by /u/Imhereforgames
[link] [comments]

is it necessary to deny when there are no enemy hero around ?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 07:21 PM PST

I've seen pros do it. is there a benefit since there are no other enemy hero to get the xp
submitted by /u/intermaniax1
[link] [comments]

Sniper with Aghanim?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 05:28 PM PST

Is it legit? First of all, it gives almost no damage to normal attacks and just(?) provide lil bit stats and tankiness, and upgrades to ultimates.
I have to say that the aghanim upgrade is kind of amazing and cool, but the effect only start getting real after rapiers YOLO. Is it good for pos 2 sniper(with no alchemist)?
submitted by /u/TedJA
[link] [comments]

First Invoker Game/How could We have Won?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 08:40 PM PST

Dotabuff Link: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2867355856
Opendota: https://www.opendota.com/matches/2867355856
So after a few bot games as Invoker I decided to take him for a test run in a real game. Scoreboard-wise I did pretty well, but as you can see we still lost. I went QW because of what I had seen on reddit/youtube about the double forge spirits being confined to the talent tree.
My Slardar kept spamming "moar spells" in the chat and as soon as I revealed it was my first time playing the hero he flamed me more. I didn't want to call his bluff and ask if he had ever actually played the hero (it's sub 2k, so it's pretty likely). I didn't take what he said too seriously although I obviously have a lot to learn in terms of invoking efficiency, spell choices, keeping track of cooldowns, etc.
If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it. And if someone could take the time to actually skim the replay that would be amazing.
submitted by /u/metallizard107
[link] [comments]
why does doomed or silenced void can still time lock( bash ) a target ?
Posted: 24 Dec 2016 12:12 AM PST

Morphling HotD build for 7.01.

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 12:11 AM PST

Morphling already have a good build from 6.88 which works quite well for 7.00. But new HotD is quite good and kind of too good to pass up. So, I am theorycrafting this new build.
1xtango, circlet, 4xiron branch, salve in back pack -> wand -> brown boots -> headress -> HotD -> void stone -> linken -> travels.
My reasoning behind this build that HotD provide good sustain and stats. It provides you attack speed equivalent to treads so you can skip treads for a faster linken. You start with good regen in form of 5 effective tangoes as you can eat 1 branch and a salve. You use your 2 iron branch and circlet for magic wand and your another iron branch for your headress.
We skip aquila which save us 985 gold as we really don't want to delay our bigger items like linken. As we are going to miss the mana regen from aquilla, we get void stone before ring of regen. Since we already have sweet 8 hp regen from HotD, we can safely go for void stone. We can add a rain drop which is again good mana regen and its synergy is quite good with morphling.
What this do is provide a smoother transition to your bigger items. Morphling is a hero which imo likes stats a lot. So when you are proceeding for your first 2100 ulti orb (for linken) you get a good stats item in form of HotD which allows you to push faster, sustain for farm. And you can a good handy creep for scouting while you are pushing or a wolf aura for more damage.
So, whats your view on this?
submitted by /u/anmol4alll
[link] [comments]

Is there a reason to buy drums on anyone?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 05:22 PM PST

I started playing dota like a couple months ago maybe and drums before I was in Dota used to be essential on a lot of heroes but these days does anyone buy it?
If so, who does, when, and why?
submitted by /u/ZeZapasta
[link] [comments]

Please tell me solo MMR and party MMR calibrate separately

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 10:46 AM PST

otherwise I have a feeling I'm as screwed as a Drow on prom night. A Drow who went to prom with Riki.
Here's what happened: I have been purposely avoiding ranked because I know I've still got a lot to learn, and I'd rather not calibrate super low and have to grind all the way through 1k. Then last night I got invited to a party with a friend and three other random people we'd played unranked against a few days ago. It was about 2 in the morning and everyone had been drinking, so it didn't even cross my mind they might be playing ranked until I saw the different pregame screen. We are all probably about 1.5k and got matched against a 5-stack that looked to average about 2k-2.5k and was not drunk.
Needless to say, the game was a total shitshow. Our team immediately banned Axe (who I'd been considering as an offlane pick) and let the enemy first-pick Monkey King. My friend first-picked Techies as a troll pick, which he had never played before, and the rest of our lineup was Mirana (me), Io, Tiny, and PA.
I ended up in the offlane with Techies, who was in lane trying to lasthit, against an enemy Monkey King-Viper combo, so you can guess how that went (spoiler: we got our shit ruined in about 0.5 seconds). As for the other lanes, somehow I tied our mid with 25 CS, Io spent the first 10 minutes roaming the jungle between safelane and mid and had a grand total of 1 deny and 1 camp stacked, and solo safelane PA had 18 CS and died twice. I finished 1/5/5, the game was over in about 30 minutes, and pretty much everything about it was terrible.
So despite my friend saying to relax because party MMR doesn't matter, I was horrified to see THAT show up in my profile as my first calibration match. Please tell me that party calibrates separately, otherwise I am afraid I'm going to end up at like 400 MMR and playing ranked will just be miserable for the next 6 months.
In any case, my understanding is that your ranked and unranked MMR separate permanently as soon as you play ranked the first time, so no matter what I do, I'm probably sitting on a triple-digit score starting now.
tl;dr version - got drunk, accidentally ended up in a ranked match, woke up with a sore ass wondering what I'd done.
submitted by /u/l33t_p3n1s
[link] [comments]

HotD TB?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 10:50 PM PST

Think it would be an interesting item on TB. Gives stats, attack speed which goes to illusions, can dominate an alpha wolf for massive meta damage, and illusions now carry a really strong HP regen and AS aura. If DL didn't exist, it would seem like a no-brainer. That fact that DL is still so good on him makes HotD hard to justify though.
submitted by /u/strobefight
[link] [comments]

What medium do you learn best from - video or text?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 02:01 PM PST

I'd really appreciate it if you could either write a comment below or take the strawpoll: http://www.strawpoll.me/11944456
Thanks
submitted by /u/jamesfrogfish
[link] [comments]
Roast my losses?
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 10:34 PM PST

https://www.dotabuff.com/players/106434320
I don't really know what I'm doing wrong. All I know is that usually I am a reason we lose.
Thanks.
submitted by /u/RagingAcid
[link] [comments]

Want to get back into Dota 2 after a few years hiatus. Whats a good resource for current builds?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 11:54 AM PST

Blade mail on ember spirit?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 10:17 PM PST

There seems to be a lot of people picking blade mail on ember since 7.00. In 6.88 it wasn't even a top 20 item pick according to dotabuff:
https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/ember-spirit/items?date=patch_6.88f
And when it was purchased it had a 48% win rate. However, since 7.00 it's moved to a top 10 pick:
https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/ember-spirit/items?date=patch_7.01
And it has a 55% win rate.
Trying to figure out why.
He seems like a bizarre blademail carrier, typically as ember you don't want to be taking hits. Thoughts?
submitted by /u/Staerke
[link] [comments]

QoP this patch?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 09:44 PM PST

How do you play qop this patch? I've been seeing a lot of QoPs going more of a right-click build instead of the old caster intensive orchid-scythe-dagon build. They're going for some Maels and some BMs and though I have won a game with it, I don't really understand it. Hope you can shed some light for me thanks.
submitted by /u/xMatteyoLITA
[link] [comments]

what do I do against this?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 09:39 PM PST

Earlier I was playing lifestealer, and the entire enemy team bought blademail. I was completely fucked because every time I went to hit somebody they would activate blademail and make me attack someone else. It would be like a full 10 seconds each fight of them being able to focus me down and kill me before I could do anything. It used to be bkb, but with blademail going through bkb, it doesn't seem possible to do anything against this.
On top of that, their viper got an aghs and an octarine core. He would only use his ultimate on me, and because of the cooldowm on it, He pretty much had it up all the time. I'm not sure what I could have done against this team at all. Thanks in advance.
submitted by /u/FlazzleDazzle
[link] [comments]

Why am I seeing Ember Spirits build Veil/Blademail in 3.5k?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 09:35 PM PST

I've been away from dota for about a month and for the last few days I've seen 5/5 Ember Spirits these are my 3.5k games, not 8k mmr games, but I assume they're trying to imitate them) build these items. Did something happen to him? His spells all look the same so I can't understand it.
submitted by /u/ViologY
[link] [comments]
How do you view your attributes (STR, AGI, INT) in the new HUD?
Posted: 23 Dec 2016 09:28 PM PST

Items to get for Earth Spirit?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 05:26 PM PST

Been playing a lot of ES recently and usually have been getting Mana Boots > Urn > Euls
After that idk what to get; what are some good suggestions or other builds?
submitted by /u/Sirope
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.