True Dota 2 - What makes a hero a good position 'x' ?


What makes a hero a good position 'x' ?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 10:43 AM PDT

I am familiar with the positions context when it comes to priority in gold and xp, but in specific, what does make a hero be a good position 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5? I follow most of the pro scene and I found, as an example, Vengeful Spirit be played in so many different roles or positions, and I don't understand what makes it so versatile when it comes to that.

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/CherryIII
[link] [comments]

Why does Fly (EG) like to play in "The Fly spot"?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 02:10 PM PDT

Context : https://imgur.com/a/BHn7Ei4 . The white area is where they sit and the red dots are where the wards that they place are. Every team that had Fly used that spot (Eg in ti8 and OG when they won Kiev major against VP). Does anyone know whats the point?

submitted by /u/interfecris
[link] [comments]

Is there a way to make Veno wards prioritize heroes when they spawn?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 11:23 AM PDT

I realize their auto attack works like towers (units attacking get priority, ie the creep wave usually takes the cake), but I've played enough Veno to finally be fed up with manually selecting them. Anyone have some suggestions?

I usually just hit ctrl + click to select all then hit my target. Not only is this annoying but sometimes just hard to do in clustered fights. Any tips? Thanks all.

submitted by /u/mastodon_tusk
[link] [comments]

Can anyone explain why the phase boot turn rate buff is now applied melee heroes only?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 08:17 AM PDT

What range hero abused this to cause the change?

Thanks

submitted by /u/wordswordswordsword
[link] [comments]

Why did they nerf Scythe?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 12:01 AM PDT

Pretty much everything on 7.19b is understandable and is an answer to the current game meta. The only patchnote I can't get behind is the Scythe nerf: Hex manacost increased from 100 to 250. Most of heroes who buy Scythe can afford spending 150 more mana (especially considering the stats the Scythe itself provides) except for Tinker. 150 more mana every time you rearm is critical and will strongly affect the hero. Maybe Tinker should now go for Bloodstone or Kaya? Or just live with this and accept the nerf. I think skipping Scythe is not an option since it is too good for Tinker

submitted by /u/n0n1ck_n0sk1ll
[link] [comments]

Hi! I've released my 4th Divine Storm Spirit replay analysis -- The First 15 Minutes:

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 03:08 PM PDT

I'm a 5k Storm Spirit main, floating up and down in the top 100 Storm ranks.

This is my 4th video on advanced Storm Spirit playstyle and decision-making. I also hope to make these kind of videos into a full thing if I get enough viewership and interest.

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddjqq2u22mo

If it's not too much and you like the content, could you subscribe and spread the word around? Would mean a lot to me. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Captain_Iceblock
[link] [comments]

Invoker combos

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 01:58 PM PDT

So.. I've played like 900 games of Invoker with a 52+ winrate. It's nothing stellar but it used to be a good hero for me.

I have tried playing him in 7.0+ patches but everything seems to have changed. I'd like some tips, some help.

Also, what are his early level combos that can be used effectively to dominate lane? What items to start with, what to make etc.

I play at 200 ping.

submitted by /u/ASKnASK
[link] [comments]

how do you close the distance between a range enemy and you, a melee hero without being harassed?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:25 AM PDT

For example you are a mid ember versus an invoker. How do you close the distance between you and voker without being punished hard? or you want to close the gap b/w you to harass/trade?

submitted by /u/benboga08
[link] [comments]

With the slower move speed from phase boots, should windgingers still rush phase boots?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 01:52 AM PDT

What do I do mid-late game as a mid laner?

Posted: 01 Sep 2018 09:00 PM PDT

I only have 200 hours in dota, play mid, and while I'm pretty good at my heroes mechanically, I have a terrible transition out of the laning phase. I go from being 4 levels ahead of everyone and fed to eventually being behind the enemy supports in some cases. How should i be farming + How should I be positioning? Idk

It hurts how my teams have a 20 kill lead but we lose anyway... every single game.

submitted by /u/Bottlecap766
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.