Guild Wars 2 - Foo fighters


Foo fighters

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 11:02 AM PDT

6 full dead laying in the center of a blighting tower in DS

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 07:30 PM PDT

So, in the middle of this drama with the promotion, I thought I'd share something fun EU server was up to last night.

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 05:11 PM PDT

On the promotion. (rant incoming)

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 05:51 PM PDT

Hi guys. Some of you guys might know me as the guy with all the codes. Before we start I'd like to say I only wanted one code. I didn't do anything to exploit the system. the system glitched and sent me 16 copies. But there's some things going on here that I think are problems.

To start I want to see what was good about the celebration. MMOs have gotten really lazy at doing events outside of the game to bring interest to the game. They don't even do midnight releases for Wow expansions anymore due to digital downloads. This really drives a wedge between your in real life friends and community and your gaming community. An event like this can be really cool. To go into the bubble tea shop and see three other people drinking The Guild Wars tea would be a cool social thing.

Now what went wrong. I honestly don't believe Kung Fu tea had any idea how the community was going to respond to this giveaway. I've been playing since slightly before the release of Heart of thorns and I had no idea how rare this outfit was until after I had already gotten it. There is no way for them to have known how much desire would be on that singular item. Arenanet holds a little bit of responsibility for knowing how sought-after that item would be. I don't think Kung Fu tea had any idea the amount of traffic that they were going to have to handle due to this promotion. I would not be surprised if they had never heard of Guild Wars before this promotion.

I believe both parties are responsible for the fact that this was not limited to 1 per device. This should of been a no brainer. But like I said I doubt kft knew this was gonna be this big.

And now the last issue. You. This is a 30 Day promotion. Its day 2. So many of you have said you've given up. Some of you have said you wish Kung Fu tea would go out of business. So many people already asking what the compensation will be. This is a free item. It is solely for cosmetics. Yes there are people with free accounts who the heroic version is the real draw, But some of you are mad you didn't get a virtual t-shirt. You're not owed anything. This isn't a pay-to-win item or even a quality of life item. It's a t-shirt. It's a t-shirt you can't even actually wear in real life. The Guild Wars Community is known for being friendly and the game is known for being non-competitive. I think the fact that you can loot the ore node that I just looted, has brought about a feeling of "well if they got one, I should get one too." this isn't true.

And my last point is directed to the people who have no idea what is going on. The Black Desert online community who has come here since their game recently went pay to win. I want to let you guys know this is not how this subreddit normally is. You caught us in a very childish state. This is a great game and you should definitely stay. You will not regret that decision.

I think we owe it to the community, the game, and the new players who are not yet feeling if they are part of the community to take a step back, realize you haven't been told you're not getting anything yet, and sit the hell down. We Are Better Than This.

As a final note I know this is very easy to say from someone who has 16 copies of the codes. But before I gotten those 16 copies and I was reading all of the other posts about how to get them, I didn't get mad, I kept trying. For hours. It hurts me to see this sub turn like this. As I said in my last post I will be doing a giveaway with some of the keys. I haven't figured out how I'm going to do it yet but I'm going to try to do it so that players who need the heroic Edition can get it and that players who want it for alt accounts to farm rewards do not. Because I want it to go to good use and I want it to be used the way that this community would do it as a whole. This is the best MMO in the world and this is the best MMO community in the world. Don't let one t-shirt change that.

Tldr wait to complain until October 1st or they tell us its done. Y'all got time. It's just a shirt.

submitted by /u/munchidk
[link] [comments]

Found something funny while doing world completion

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 05:48 PM PDT

Eir Stegalkin and Garm

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 04:50 PM PDT

[SC] 4man Deimos

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:51 AM PDT

Hello, we are here to present you [SC]'s new low man : 4 Man Deimos

This was quite a hard low man to do and we had to rethink our composition quite a bit :

● At first we went with somewhat of a more classic group composition with an Herald as our handkiter, a Warrior to be our DPS slot, a Druid as healer and a Chrono tank, but after some testing it was obvious that we had to few heals to handle the later phases and the DPS itself wan't that great leading us to have Saul's illusion pressuring us for way to long.

● After that we went with a Renegade as healer, while the heals were significantly better we still had troubles with Saul's illusions as the DPS itself wasn't to great, so after messing around we decided to have the Renegade being the healer and the alacrity source and having a tank Firebrand for quickness, better heals than Chronomancer and stronger DPS, that at the cost of quite some CC.

​​

The strategy for Green ports was a 2-3-3 as we needed to be fast during the first 50% of Saul's illusions, so we had our HandKiter being the tank during those moments and he had to to keep Saul alive until the rest of the team was back. Having the Herald being the tank during those times lead Deimos to get massive damage bonus that had to be compensated by strong heals.

The key to this was to effectively have Saul not standing in the middle of oil AoEs below 50% of Deimos' health so that we could stack on him to have our heals being dirrected to both him and us, to do that we had to sometimes pull Deimos quite faraway so that Saul was out of range and was forced to move out.

Goku (Warrior DPS) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceNRz6lT5Rg&

Tempys (Firebrand Tank) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TcVyy8htjU&

Muju (Herald Kiter) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPvxoMmEdu0

Breke (Renegade Healer) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-3qBZwhZo

[Snow Crows](https://snowcrows.com/)

Have fun

submitted by /u/GokuKr
[link] [comments]

Kung Fu tea promotion is banning accounts!

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 10:52 AM PDT

Kung Fu tea promotion is banning accounts!

My gw2 account just got banned!

I just created 2 characters on it the next day i tried to login and i get this message. I had no progress further then doing the first mission and joining a guild.

EDIT: Support ticket has been send.

https://i.redd.it/2bhknu3v5vj11.png

submitted by /u/Wisheh1990
[link] [comments]

PSA: Action Camera Mode

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 11:04 AM PDT

I had this a few days ago with some friends that started playing, they really hated the combat and didn't understand how i found it enjoyable they were about to quit but then I remembered.

I forgot all about Toggle Action Camera Mode in Options > Control Options > Camera> Toggle Action Camera. I have mine set to mouse wheel button, once they got this set up it really does change the pace of the game in terms of combat and movement.

I see we are getting more new people so, let's always spread the word about this! Because most of the time we forget we already have it bound and this one key bind helped a ton in my journey through GW2 because I also thought combat was ass without Action Camera lol

submitted by /u/ItsYohh
[link] [comments]

Stuff we used to have 6 years ago.

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:18 AM PDT

I managed to reconnect with online friends ( thanks to MHW :p) I lost when they quit GW2 and they were surprised that I'm still playing it. After small talks, I started to tell them what changed since then, mostly major skill change or fix. So I was wondering if you remember things we used to have, like nostalgia feeling.

Few things I remember :

  • Defiance used to be a charge, I was playing warrior using mace/shield to decrease it then then using F1 for long CC at the last one.

  • Thief daggers was single target, making them non meta for old school speedrun (1mesmer + 4 wars)

  • Infinite glitch with warrior gs 3 or axe 5, making some legendary aura shiny, as well as aura stacking

  • Quickness nerf from 100 to 50%

  • Old trait system. 0/0/6/6/2, never forget. Even Older 14/14/14/14/14 my bad !

  • Conditions were capped to 25, making them useless in PVE back then.

  • Commander Lyns for black lion key. (I still have 3000 recommendation :D)

  • Unindentified dye dropped from gathering plants.

  • Some trait were broken for a long time until they added ICD, (10min vigor easy on ele)

  • FGS walling hehe

  • 26s per dungeon run, with reparation not being free

  • Commander tag for 100G, buying book to acces expert and master trait at your profession trainer.

  • Bosses randomly spawning on a window timer, was fun to see someone posting in LA : Jormag spawn, go !

Anything to share so I can tell them tonight ? :p

submitted by /u/regilol
[link] [comments]

The Kitchen Commander is back with a Krytan dish!

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:35 PM PDT

finally got around to doing a jumping puzzle, what a feeling

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 02:45 PM PDT

With the permastealth thief getting popular again, this becomes relevant once more...

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:26 AM PDT

My character got stuck in a pose after levelling up on a mount. Thought I might as well make the most of it.

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 02:16 AM PDT

Joko is set to marry an Ogre and a Choya

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 03:41 PM PDT

I opened 525 magic warped bundles

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 07:36 AM PDT

I turned in 262500 Unbound Magic and 525g for 525 Magic Warped Bundles

Here are my results:

  • 350 t6 blood = 97.93g (27.98s per)
  • 230 t6 claws = 43.65g (18.97s per)
  • 240 t6 bones = 44.76g (18.65s per)
  • 260 t6 dust = 27.84g (10.70s per)
  • 260 t6 venom = 46.43g (17.85s per)
  • 260 t6 scales = 48.80g (18.76s per)
  • 180 t6 totems = 36.00g (20s per)
  • 220 t6 fangs = 42.81g (19.45s per)

  • 8 ebony orbs = 2.10g (26.25s per)

  • 10 black diamond = 2.75g (27.50s per)

  • 7 maguuma burls = 1.31g (18.71s per)

  • 12 moonstones = 2.30g (19.16s per)

  • 9 flax blossoms = 1.79g (19.88s per)

  • 7 maguuma lilly = 20.35g (2.9071g per)

  • 7 freshwater pearl = 43.25g (6.1785g per)

  • 20 gemstones = 33.10g (1.6550g per)

  • 60 glacier loadstones = 28.67g (47.78s per)

  • 34 onyx loadstones = 22.99g (67.61s per)

  • 24 charged loadstones = 36.91g (1.5379g per)

  • 18 molten loadstones = 11.77g (65.38s per)

  • 34 destroyer loadstones = 23.11g (67.97s per)

  • 26 crystal loadstones = 7.65g (29.42s per)

  • 30 evergreen loadstones = 14.92g (49.73s per)

  • 32 mordrem loadstones = 0.41g (1.28s per)

  • 230 karka shells = 24.72g (10.74s per)

  • 9 giants eyes = 1.64g (18.22s per)

  • 46 pile putri essence = 1.56g (3.39s per)

  • 115 ectos = 19.58g (17.02s per)

  • 240 toxic spores = 4.36g (1.81s per)

  • 28 clovers


total value:

693.46g before taxes (589.44g after taxes)

total profit:

168.46g profit (64.44g)

6.4 copper per UM (2.4 copper)

all values are SELL ORDERS


So, not a lot xD If you do the winterberry farm, you get maybe 60 berries in 5min if you are super fast, which would be 1500 UM, thats 18000 UM per hour which can be converted to 10.8g. Meh.

submitted by /u/Patron03041
[link] [comments]

Thought this would fit here

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 03:45 PM PDT

[Short Parody] Those Darn Neighbors...

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 08:36 AM PDT

Cosplaying as rengar xd

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 03:01 AM PDT

hi bdo immigrant here

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 06:12 AM PDT

hi, i accidentally fucked my brain and i can't play slow classes. i play very mobile classes in bdo. what class do you guys suggest i should take up? i just need something that can move around a lot, idc about difficulty.

i also have the 80 boost if that helps

submitted by /u/blueaf
[link] [comments]

So I finally got my codes. All 32 of em.....

Posted: 01 Sep 2018 11:51 PM PDT

Map completion tips?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 05:25 PM PDT

Are there any good guilds to join while working on map completion? Or any general tips for doing it?

submitted by /u/TrustMeImAGirl
[link] [comments]

Pet GF Weaver - 34,237

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 04:04 AM PDT

Do you suggest this game for a former WoW player?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 11:23 AM PDT

Played WoW tll Warlords of Draenor release and I used to love it. I actually love MMORPGs and am looking to get back on the horse again. Do you recommend this game? I have read reviews praising the gameplay, graphics etc and I am actually sold on this game. I know this is not the most unbiased place to ask this question but do you recommend this game and if yes why?

Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/unknownharris
[link] [comments]

Will we get a third generation of legendary weapons?

Posted: 02 Sep 2018 04:58 AM PDT

New legendary weapons have become synonymous with living world releases and as there are not many left of the second generation do you think Anet will make a 3rd generation?

submitted by /u/Raxzor
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.