Skyrim - Every way to screw Maven Black-Briar over


Every way to screw Maven Black-Briar over

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 04:12 AM PDT

Yes, you know Maven. You also want to put a daedric dagger of soul trap in her back, use her soul to enchant an iron dagger and throw that dagger into a lake, I know you do. Unfortunately, she is an essential NPC so she can't be killed, but a merciless killing isn't always the solution (at least without mods or console commands), there are other ways to attack the Black Briars.

Let's start with something light: the Black-Briar meadery. There are a couple ways to mess with the Black-Briar business. One is to locate a dunmer worker named Romlyn Dreth, who asks you to deliver stolen Black-Briar mead to an innkeeper. Deliver the goods, get some jewelry as payment and enjoy as much free mead as you can drink, because now Black-Briar mead bottles (among other things you can pick in the meadery) don't count as stolen.

Thats good, but we can do better. Next thing you'd want to do is joining the Thieves Guild. But wait, you may say, isn't the TG under Maven's influence? Shouldn't I ignore it completely? Well, you'll see that the damage you can do from the inside is worth it. After you do some errands for the Guild you'll be sent to Goldenglow Estate with the objective of burning some bee hives as a message but not too many, as Maven needs the honey. Naturally, you'll want to burn them ALL. You won't be paid, but the little gold you lose Maven will lose tenfold.

You may want to continue with the TG questline, restoring the Guild's glory and power (therefore making it less dependent on the Black-Briars) but don't finish it yet so the ending gets even sweeter. While you're at it, consider not dealing with all the skeevers (and the madman) in the Honningbrew meadery and just go with some invisibility potions, and not settling a debt a guy named Vald has with Maven. There's also the other pillar of Maven's power, the Dark Brotherhood. Just kill them all.

And now it's time to go personal. Find a guy named Louis Letrush in the Bee and the Barb in Riften. He'll ask you to go close a deal with Sibbi Black-Briar, Maven's son. The deal being, stealing a horse from Maven and delivering it to Louis. You should tell Maven about the plan (what?) so it feels even better when you keep the horse for yourself. Make sure to kill every Black-Briar mercenary and take everything in the house not bolted down while you're at it. After that go back to Sibbi and search for his ex-gf (who he wants to kill). She's in Ivarstead, working at the inn, but you'll tell Sibbi she went to Morrowind. Also talk to Ingun Black-Briar and deliver some ingredients. After you did all of this, KILL BOTH OF THEM.

Don't forget your duty to the world as Dragonborn. Learn some neat words of power, kill some thalmor and get to the point in the main quest where you preside a peace council between the Legion and the Stormcloaks. Make sure the Imperials get Riften in the deal so Maven is made Jarl. That way you'll be able to exile her when you capture Riften for the Stormcloaks.

And now the Grand Finale. Maven has serious business problems, she has lost her personal assassins, two of her children, her horse and her newly acquired throne to you, but still she'll be present at your coronation as the new Master of a Thieves Guild that no longer needs her. Congratulations, you just destroyed Maven Black-Briar without killing her.

Maybe you could test all those master thief abilities stealing everything you can find in her house in Riften. And her pocket. And her remaining son's pocket. And Maul's too. There's no limit to pettiness when it comes to screwing the Black-Briars over.

submitted by /u/RagnarokHunter
[link] [comments]

Just noticed this wall in Windhelm near the graveyard has a bunch of Nordic names in the stones on it, presumably a monument of sorts. The amount of little details in this game still surprises me.

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 02:43 PM PDT

Holy shit

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 03:15 PM PDT

I drew my Argonian!

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 07:50 PM PDT

TIL if you go in the Black-Briar house in Riften, you can find a master lock door with behind it a black sacrament that Maven performed. Also, there is a letter written by Maven to Astrid, saying she is dissapointed to see Astrid be unable to make a simple kill (or something like that)

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 05:36 AM PDT

MOD THIS!!! MOD THE $%@# OUT OF IT! I DOUBLE-DARE YOU.....

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 05:26 AM PDT

My kids make me a birthday cake today!

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 04:55 PM PDT

Farkas > Vilkas

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 04:01 AM PDT

Found this hidden, unmarked camp. Seems like 2 campers had a romantic night before disappearing.

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 08:12 PM PDT

Excerpt from a diary found on a Stormcloak soldier's corpse.

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 05:28 PM PDT

The diary was found on his body far from Fort Amol, a sabertooth tiger laid dead nearby, the soldier's sword jammed in it's chest.

"When we heard the Dragonborn was coming to Fort Amol in the name of the Imperial Army a couple of my fellow soldiers laughed nervously. It had to be scare tactic from the Imperials. After all, it was the Dragonborn himself who had garnered a truce between Tullius and Ulfric with the Greybeard's presiding. Now that he had defeated Alduin, had he chosen a side in the civil war?

We waited until dawn, restlessly, our spies had told us the attack was coming. Then he appeared. Riding on a steed of black. Alone. He trotted towards us as if he had all the time in the world. He was a dark elf, older, greying, and yet he had a foreboding aura. His red eyes said he had been alive a long time. And he had seen many men die. He wore chitin like his people, a red circlet, a cape of the Urshilaku ashlanders, and carried a flaming katana in hand. The men on the ramparts pulled their bows from their back's and began to nock arrows.

Then he Shouted. And all doubts of who he could be were erased. Suddenly a large, fierce red dragon flew above the fort, flames spewing forth from his mouth. Men on fire. Screaming. Panic. Fear. The smell of burnt flesh. The god's forsaken man had a dragon at his bidding.

Yet somehow it got worse. He shouted again and suddenly flaming balls of rock began falling from the sky. It was as if the end of the world was happening after all, the world eater be damned. I watched as a man next to me got skewered by a falling star, his body slamming into the ground with a loud crack as the bones in his body broke instantly. His dead eyes looking at me. It seemed to me they said, run.

So I ran. I began running as fast as I could. I looked back once and saw the Dragonborn somehow leap onto the ramparts. In a split second he sent two men's head's flying from their bodies before they could even drop their bows and switch to their swords. Their lifeless corpses tumbled to the ground below. As the sky fell, and the dragon roared, flames shot forth from the Dragonborn's other hand, adding to the pyromania. The screams of men had now become a chorus. Fear had gripped our souls. I saw others begun to flee as well.

I ran for hours. Until my legs gave out on me. I laid against a rock breathing heavily when the beast came. It was my punishment for fleeing like a coward. I had been judged. The sabertooth tiger bit me several times. I finally got my sword in it's chest and it died. Now I lay here, bleeding out, and dying too. I don't have long.

If this diary is ever recovered I'm sorry for being a coward, a deserter, but by my life I had never thought that sort of carnage possible. One man had walked into Fort Amol and taken it as if stealing a sweet roll from a baby. He commanded legendary beasts, magic unlike any ever heard of, and wielded his blade as if it were born in his hand. He was truly a demon.

The Stormcloaks are doomed. Nothing on Nirn can stop this man. Nothing. We are doomed.

Tell my mother I love her. Don't tell her I died outside the battlefield, please, that is my final wish as my last breath draws near."

submitted by /u/fridgefucker12
[link] [comments]

My Favorite Screenshot

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 11:00 PM PDT

Saw this and I couldn't stop laughing

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 10:48 PM PDT

By Jode, it's Masser!

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 07:11 AM PDT

All those years hauling Riverwood's lumber, my boy Faendal is one swole Bosmer

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 08:05 PM PDT

Night sky skyrim painting - acrylics on canvas

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 08:49 AM PDT

Yes I must Mercer, because you need to open the fuckin door!

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 07:22 PM PDT

Frost found a friend.

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 10:47 PM PDT

First time player any tips or suggestions?

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 04:33 AM PDT

So I'm about to play Skyrim for the very first time and I'm going into this completely blind, I know nothing about the game except for the popular bug or mod vids you see now and then and that I'll be wearing a Ram helmet.

I would love some tips or suggestions that will make my experience the best one possible and maybe what to avoid so I don't create undue frustration for myself. My friend got me the game as a gift for my switch so I have all the DLC and can play on the go for maximum addiction levels.

Over the years I've seen peoples experiences and love for the game and I can't wait to jump in and have my own and see what its all about.

submitted by /u/serpi5
[link] [comments]

I was sent on a quest to reclaim a stolen family heirloom... The fact that i fought my way through half a dousin reavers to get a smut fanfic is really what keeps me going, man.

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 12:47 PM PDT

Am I the only one who actually really likes the combat in Skyrim, even compared to modern games?

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 08:45 AM PDT

Before anything else, I'm not saying the combat looks or feels perfect by any means, I'm just saying that I think people tend to over exaggerate how boring and clunky swordplay in Skyrim is. I personally found that swinging your weapons at enemies felt impactful, despite enemies not always reacting to your blows. The inclusion of kill animations and heavily improved combat animations really help the combat feel really satisfying, at least for me.

Obviously since Skyrim, there has been tons of new games that have had more weighty and smoother combat mechanics but honestly, Skyrim's combat really doesn't seem that bad compared to other games. I wouldn't say the combat purely consists of "swinging your sword until thing dies" like tons of people say, since there are other options to keep the fighting fresh, like magic, bows and arrows, as well as blocking which admittedly isn't as effective as it was in Oblivion. Speaking of Oblivion it's almost staggering how much of an improvement Skyrim's combat was compared to Oblivion, considering almost every weapon in Oblivion essentially functioned in the exact same manner.

submitted by /u/PraiseTheS0up
[link] [comments]

6.5 Years, 3 Platforms, Countless Escapes from Helgen Later...

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 09:14 AM PDT

So i just found out what happened to my daughter not coming home after a in-game YEAR!

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 03:21 PM PDT

So i just found out where my Lucia have been the past in-game YEAR!!!

Thought she bugged out as she was no longer at home at all anymore even after almost or around a in-game year after she was allowed to get a pet fox, and after googling around, people said bandits could have kidnapped her, but no notes, so someone said that Lucia tends to get "stuck" in Carlotta Valentia's house here in Whiterun, so i went to her house, trying to wait for her door to unlock, it was locked 24/7! So when i crouched, then unlocked the door, the second the normal game screens shows as i am about to go inside, my Lucia walked out that same second! So that means that bitch Carlotta kept my kid hostage for almost a ingame YEAR!

Oh, Carlotta... you're gonna get the punishment of a lifetime!

submitted by /u/Silithas
[link] [comments]

Please help me fix this, im terrible with modding and idk how i messed up

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 01:06 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.