Halo - HWC Pro AMA: SnakeBite


HWC Pro AMA: SnakeBite

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 10:31 AM PDT

Continuing our string of AMAs in the leadup to the Halo World Championship this weekend, we thought it would be great if the sub could get to better know one of the pros who's aiming to win it all this weekend: Paul "SnakeBite" Duarte. For those who are not familiar with SnakeBite:

Professional Halo player. Two-time reigning world champion as part of CLG/OpTic/TOX.

SnakeBite's Social Media:

The AMA will start Thursday, April 12 at 12pm ET/9am PT.

This thread serves as an announcement and is not the AMA. Have your questions prepared for when the AMA goes live.

Be sure to watch SnakeBite and TOX during the Halo World Championship this weekend in Seattle, WA! For more information check out our HWC 2018 info thread.

Thanks guys!

submitted by /u/eminemcrony
[link] [comments]

Greatest sword kill of all time?

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 04:41 PM PDT

Did anyone else ever make "Teleruns" on Halo 3?

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 07:34 AM PDT

Started playing Halo 2 on PC and I noticed this humorous little egg

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 04:17 PM PDT

Back together

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 08:33 AM PDT

So i decided to get my first tattoo, the ODST insignia

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 05:21 PM PDT

[OC] Two Sides of the Same Coin (Red VS Blue)

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 01:21 PM PDT

How does that make you feeeeel?

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 12:52 PM PDT

A monument to all our sins

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 12:30 PM PDT

Halo 5 takes up 100 GB, I hope 343 can optimize Halo 6 to take up less

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 03:49 PM PDT

Yesterday I got on Xbox with my buddy and he got a new game that he had to install and it was roughly 65 GB. He had a full hard drive so he needed to clear some space up, and our conversation went something like this:

Friend: "Okay I need to clear up 65 GB for this game, I can delete NHL 18 and Rainbow Six Siege which will free up around 75, or Fortnite and GTA 5 which will be 70, what should I do"

Me: "Don't delete either of Rainbow Six or NHL, I want to play them later, get rid of Fortnite and GTA"

Friend: "I don't know I might want to play Fortnite still, I don't mind getting rid of GTA though. Actually I can just delete Halo 5, that thing is like 100 GB, then I should have an extra 35 GB in case I want to get another smaller game later"

This got me thinking. I'm guessing the average Xbox One owner probably isn't using some huge external hard drive, and a large portion are probably just using the standard 500 GB one, which after the OS and everything only gives around 400 GB for you to actually use. Halo 5 takes up 25% of that. How many players don't play Halo 5 anymore simply because they decided to delete it to make room for another game? I looked on this subreddit and this topic has been brought up in the past, and the general consensus was that this was due to uncompressed files which helps take the load off the CPU. I guess my question is, with better optimization, is it possible to compress the files and lower the total amount of storage Halo 6 might take up?

submitted by /u/Ujjy
[link] [comments]

HaloWC 2018 Finals: Leave Your Legacy

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 11:51 AM PDT

Let’s get serious here real quick

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 07:42 PM PDT

The halo 3 trailers "Believe" are still purely amazing. I just rewatched them, because why not and I still get goosebumps all over. No matter how the game plays out the trailer for any Halo game is just simply amazing.

submitted by /u/JumanJoker
[link] [comments]

My epic “from the grave” kill (Sorry for filming the screen, this was before we had any screen recorders)

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 01:44 PM PDT

My favorite narrative in all of Halo

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 10:36 PM PDT

I'd be willing to concede on every spartan ability in the game except thruster and in Halo 6

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 03:03 PM PDT

Sprint is fine with me whether it stays or goes, and with it would go spartan charge (which was a solution for sprint double melee) and slide. Clamber can stay or go, either way will be fine. Ground pound is fun as hell and a nice punish for grav lift chasers, so I would be sad to see it go. The only thing that is a must have for me in Halo 6 is the thruster pack

inb4 "thrusters are ripped from cod"

thrusters are an evolution of evade which was in reach in 2010. they are as classic as the Reach art style itself

submitted by /u/xHoodedMaster
[link] [comments]

Halo Championship Series - HaloWC 2018 Finals Preview

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 11:48 AM PDT

Halo 3: ODST firefight is some of the most fun I've had with the series in a long time

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 04:42 PM PDT

I just popped in ODST for the first time in a few years, and playing firefight Lost Platoon is some of the most fun I've had with the series in a long time. The variety of enemies, vehicles, and weapons just works so well on a bigger map, and I really hope that Halo 6 goes back to having a dedicated firefight mode.

submitted by /u/xxcrazzydudexxx
[link] [comments]

Still no X Enchancement for Reach, what are you doing Microsoft?

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 10:01 AM PDT

Some more games including Red Dead Redemption and.....sonic got 4K upgrades on the One X today yet Halo Reach which sold 10 million copies has not. What the hell Microsoft get it together

submitted by /u/Furcious
[link] [comments]

The Warthog variant we really want to see in Halo 6

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 06:13 PM PDT

Walmart Chief

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 08:45 PM PDT

Anyone know if you can still get memeories of reach gear in halo 5?

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 04:41 PM PDT

I missed the event and still want the armor.

submitted by /u/Radium-Red
[link] [comments]

I would love to see the game that Halo 3 ODST should have been.

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 11:14 AM PDT

I want to preface this by saying I liked Halo 3 ODST. I appreciated it on a pretty deep level since it was a love letter to Pathways into Darkness, a game no one else knows exists. But while it was a fine game, it was not anything like what it was built up to be, and I found that disappointing. It was treated as if it would be some radically different experience to the Halo we knew. It was presented that with this game, you would be playing as a grunt— well, the UNSC kind... but ultimately, the game may as well have been a story about a Spartan who is not quite as badass as the Master Chief.

The speculation on what it would be was made me a little bit disappointed despite being ultimately satisfied with the game. A classic Ghost Recon-style game where you have to work hard to take down enemies that normally you could just smack to death. You'd want heavy weapons to deal with even a single elite or brute, and if you were going up against hunters, hell, anything less than a tank would be suicide. The Covenant wouldn't really be throwing their best at you the way they would with Spartans, so Zealots and spec ops Elites wouldn't be such a common encounter.

The changes in ODST did nothing to distance you from feeling the Spartan experience of prior Halo titles. Here's a list:

•You can't dual wield doesn't really count since even now there are only two Halo games where you can dual wield.

•You need health packs to restore HP also the case in Halo CE and Halo Reach.

•Your endurance isn't quite as high

•Your punches are wimpier

•Your POV is a little lower

•Weapons require a small amount of recoil management

•You move slightly slower and jump slightly lower

•Your shields are not referred to as "shields"

•You can now carry heavy weapons that are meant to be stationary faster than a Spartan in a powered suit can (obviously unintentional, but I still find it hilarious).

A game set during the Insurrection that leads to you fighting the Covenant later on would be uncharted territory for this series, and I think would be a great use of this premise. I do not imagine the Flood would be very fun to fight in these circumstances, though...

The shift of an Insurrection threat being blown out of the water by the Covenant could even mirror the introduction of the Flood in Halo CE, where everything starts out with conventional fighting but becomes something nobody was prepared for, but now I'm getting too in-depth with my own ideas.

submitted by /u/fennec_lover
[link] [comments]

Shower thought I had about Halo: CE and Halo 2

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 03:05 AM PDT

So I was in the shower earlier today and I was thinking about how big of a graphical difference Halo: CE and Halo 2 are, even though they're on the same hardware. Why is this? Is it just because Halo 2 had a bigger budget/team? Chief (obviously, Mark VI) and Johnson look drastically different between the two games. Same goes for the marines and covenant.

submitted by /u/discovery5555
[link] [comments]

Mcc

Posted: 11 Apr 2018 11:55 PM PDT

Anyone excited for the mcc update?

submitted by /u/joe12324
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.