The ambient sounds in the game, whoa. 7 Days To Die


The ambient sounds in the game, whoa.

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 09:29 PM PDT

Are there any point to them? Do they indicate something? Or are they just ambient? Because either way it's fucking terrifying moving anywhere in an abandoned building.

submitted by /u/Psychatix
[link] [comments]

Ran out of ideas, so I blew up Dishong Tower with 3000 gas barrels in Survival. Took ages, and the physics couldn't handle it... Welcome to Dishong Crater!

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 05:24 AM PDT

Decided to reconnect the broken bridge, hasn’t collapsed yet

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 11:21 PM PDT

The Gothenburg Gaming Survey

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 02:01 PM PDT

Dear r/7daystodie,

My name is Theo Toresson and I am a student of Science in Psychology at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden - currently writing my master's thesis. The survey aims to gain understanding of the different aspects of gaming that affects psychological well-being. The moderators of your subreddit have been kind enough to help me with some exposure for my survey. The survey will take about 10 minutes to complete. I hope that as many of you (from the 7 days to die-community) as possible want to help me by doing this survey, because in order to make something out of this I hope to get data from a broad variety of gamers. That means that even if you have a different game that you currently play more, I am interested in you anyway. Also, you should feel free to post this survey anywhere there might be gamers - to friends or on forums, twitch, twitter facebook etc. So if you have a few minutes to spare in between games, use it for this survey - it's for (actual) science. Thank you for your time!

LINK TO SURVEY: https://samgu.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2rvhBqqSVrTycC1

All the best, Theo Toresson, Master of Science in Psychology at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ:

I have received a few questions and comments on the survey. I can't change anything in the survey due to the fact that it would corrupt the data. Please refer to the FAQ below should any confusion occur during or after the survey.

I live in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Hong Kong, Faroe Islands or United Kingdom – where is my country?

The list is lacking a few countries. You can choose any country on the list as long as you make sure to specify the correct country in the very last question of the survey. If you live in England, Scotland or Wales, please select Great Britain.

What kind of device is Nintendo Switch? And what if I play my most played game on both console and computer?

Choose the way you play the game the most. Switch can count as either portable device or console, answer according to your most frequent type of usage.

You ask for streaming, but what about Youtube and other sites for non-streaming video content related to gaming?

Use the "other"-alternative on the question about gaming related activities and fill in your preferred alternative in the corresponding box. Youtube and similar content is however not counted as "streaming" in the other questions of the survey.

Some genres are unrepresented, for example fighting games, what can I do?

Use the "other"-alternative and fill in your favorite genre in the corresponding box if it's missing.

You ask for money spent on games each week, but I only buy one game each month, is my spending 0?

No. Calculate your weekly expenditure by dividing your monthly by four, for example.

How can you know that my mental and physical health is related in any way to my gaming?

I can't. Your hand injury might be because of an accident you had yesterday. You should still fill in the box, because even if I can't see the underlying causes of your health (as an individual), I can analyze it on a group level and look for patterns among thousands of replies. If there is no connection between a particular way of gaming and a particular mental or physical state, I won't find any connection. There is no need to worry that you're messing up the data! So try to be as honest as possible in the survey, even if you know that your state is not related to your gaming.

The questions in the end seem focused on the negative side of gaming. What is your motive?

I am a gamer myself, and have been for all my life. I have had several amazing experiences with games, and also a few bad ones. Gaming has many positive effects, there is research to support that. For a minority of people, gaming can have negative effects (just like alcohol, work, sex, candy, exercise, therapy, TV, horseback riding or really anything that can be enjoyable). This particular study is done to explore correlations between different kinds of gaming, social and mental health problems (I myself work as a therapist, therefore my focus). Neither I (the author) nor the institution is biased towards gaming in general in an either positive or negative way.

Will I get to see the results?

Yes. The thesis will be in Swedish, but I will post a summary of the results in all subreddits that have been participating in the study, most likely sometime in June 2018.

What is your favorite game?

No one has actually asked me this, but for the record it's Super Smash Bros. Melee!

I have more questions!

Feel free to send an email to gustoreth@student.gu.se and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

submitted by /u/FiddleOnTheRoof
[link] [comments]

When you may have went overboard trying to get on the other side of a door

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 05:18 PM PDT

Does anyone have a up to date map of Navezgane for xbox?

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 04:16 PM PDT

I found out where hordes & screamers spawn

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 04:54 AM PDT

Inspired by a video by Capp00 I dug into the game's actual code on a quest to find out where hordes and screamers spawn relative to the player.

Now there are some theories, some reasonable, some a bit ridiculous, as to where they spawn, a very common one being that they spawn in the direction you look or the exactly opposite direction.

TL;DR: Hordes/Blood moon hordes/screamers spawn in a random location inside a circle around the player(s), with a minimum range and maximum range in which they can spawn. For now it seems like all of the spawning takes into consideration where your bedroll is. The ranges seem to be hardcoded and not dependent on the difficulty nor anything else, which is weird. The number of zombies and which zombies exactly spawn is a topic for a different day!

Now to the meat of it, for the people that care: Most of the game's code in situated in the Assembly-CSharp.dll inside the ...\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\ folder, in good Unity Engine manner in C#. Inside this dll we can find first find two interesting classes: * .AIScoutHordeSpawner * .AIWanderingHordeSpawner

These two public classes both have a method called RandomPos, which picks the investigate-position for the horde/screamer (the position they walk towards). I first thought that it picked the location of the spawning, but it doesn't.

Instead, there is "World.GetRandomSpawnPositionMinMaxToPosition". Now this one, this one is a hell of a lot more interesting. You can find the whole code of the method here.

The method itself chooses the spawn position for the horde/screamer roughly like this:

Vector2 a = Random.insideUnitCircle * (float)(_maxRange - _minRange); 

the Vector2 and Random are classes within UnityEngine then takes "a" and does this number:

a += a * ((float)_minRange / a.magnitude); 

which means it takes a and adds to it itself times the minimum range (which i will get into shortly) devided by the magnitude. This seems to ensure that they don't spawn within the minimum range (which makes sense).

then:

_position = _targetPos + new Vector3(a.x, 0f, a.y); 

_position is the "out Vector3 _position" argument, which is the transform that is to be changed in order to spawn something there Now, it just takes the target position and adds the newly found vector to it (resulting in the world-coordinate position of the horde/screamer spawn.

After that it just figures out where on the Y axis of the vector3 the ground is (because in unity Y is the "height") and offsets the position accordingly.

but now it gets really interesting:

Let's look at AIDirectorBloodMoonParty, which is what controls the blood moon horde: In YZ (a method in the AIDirectorBloodMoonParty class), the previously discussed method is called. And oh boy: the minRange and maxRange are hardcoded:

if (!P_0.GetRandomSpawnPositionMinMaxToPosition(P_2 + P_3, 30, 40, true, out Vector3 transformPos, false)) 

that is the snippet that concerns us; and as you can see, the values 30 and 40 are hardcoded as min and max for range! also, the first argument, which is the target position, consists of the player position (P_2) and a "P_3" which I have yet to understand (will edit if I find out). the fourth argument is also quite interesting; it's a bool which is labeled "_bConsiderBedrolls", which is true in this case, because bloodmoon hordes consider where your bed is in some way (if you want to find out how that works, look at the paste of World.GetRandomSpawnPositionMinMaxToPosition or look into the dll yourself :)

Let's now look at the AIHordeSpawner, which spawns a wandering horde (?): It uses a minimum range of 55 and a maximum range of 70 in the day and a minimum of 30 and maximum of 40 in the night. I am going to assume that this is used for both screamers and wandering hordes, based on what I can see here. the update method containing this: AIHordeSpawner.Update

That's it for now, I hope that it helped! Please correct me if you see anything that's wrong :)

IMPORTANT NOTE: We do not yet know what exactly the ranges are. It would be wonderful if someone could test what these units are; are they full block sizes or coordinates or something else?

EDIT: If you want to continue this work yourself and you think you know enough C#, grab yourself ILSpy or a similar free software and with it open the the Assembly-CSharp.dll inside the ...\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\ folder!

submitted by /u/LeeHide
[link] [comments]

What do we do?

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 01:02 PM PDT

My friend and I started playing after about a 6 month break and we don't remember what to do. Its standard rules on a random world and we have found the main road and a motel to bunker in. Are we supposed to build a base, get weapons, or scavenge for things like food and water?

submitted by /u/brightsword525
[link] [comments]

Journey to Settlement quest bug! (Xbox)

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 01:28 PM PDT

Something is wrong with the quest to find a trader for me. I've found the correct trader (based on the ! on the map), gone in the base, walked up to the counter, and even conducted some business. Yet still the mission shows an X in the upper corner and I haven't recieved credit for it. The only reason this is a big deal to me is those 5 skill points that I can't get. This is a group world and we are a few game weeks in, won't be starting over for this.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any known fixes? I'm just out of luck huh?

submitted by /u/eciggy
[link] [comments]

Multiplayer fuck up!!! whyyyy, whyyy, whyyy

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 03:48 AM PDT

me and a friend were doing a 1v1 one, who gets the most points up to day 28. we were 11 days in...he loads it up today and guess what. i join, and its wiped all my gear. it put me back to level 1. its bullshit. 11 fucking hours of my life just fucking gone. its not the first time either. i love this game but im not sure i can moivate myself to play multiplayer when you know there is a good chance of this happening.

submitted by /u/stevenix1978
[link] [comments]

Odd glitch I had trying to make a sand mine in a lake. I would get an error message every time I picked up a wood frame. Blew up some gas barrels over the glitchy area and it fixed itself. Anyone had this happen? [WOTW]

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 11:04 AM PDT

Free game keys

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 01:01 PM PDT

I was watching the video today of fates motel and all the free keys were gone by the time I was able to type them in. If anybody has a free key I can get from them that would be amazing. I have been playing on PS4 for about 4 months but obviously the PC version looks way cooler. If anybody is looking to hook someone up who can't really afford to buy the game I'm the guy lol. Of course this may draw some hate but oh well. Had to give it a try.

submitted by /u/jayjayflo
[link] [comments]

Been a long while, is hiding an option again?

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 06:38 AM PDT

Hey all, it's been ages since I've played but 7d2d is still like my 3rd highest played game on steam. I remember in the very beginning you could hide and avoid night zombies and hordes, and then they introduced the "heat map" where forges and stuff alerted zombies, and then they made some zombies that no matter where you were in the world, they would bee line it to you and call the swarm. That was always sort of a pain as I loved the tension of hiding in a room in the 2nd floor while hearing things shuffling outside. This was also long before books and skills and stuff but I've been watching the development and I think I want to jump back in. But how is the stealth/hiding aspect? Any change? Can you hide from swarms or will they always find you so you have to fight them? Thanks!

submitted by /u/xwillybabyx
[link] [comments]

62.475.000 millions sold (only in PC)

Posted: 27 Mar 2018 05:17 AM PDT

Steam says that The Fun Pimps earned more than 62 million dollars selling the game for PC. It is a huge amount of money regardless of sales for consoles and the money raised on Kickstarter. Where is the money? the game in its current state after 5 years of development justifies an investment of 60 million dollars?

submitted by /u/celespsycho
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.