Fallout - Three-Dog in my politics class


Three-Dog in my politics class

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 07:47 AM PST

Just another day in Politics when the teacher put on a video on Gideon V Wainwright narrated by none other than 3-Dog!

Was half-expecting him to start talking about that kid from vault 101 lol.

submitted by /u/yasko63
[link] [comments]

Bottle Caps Where There Shouldn’t Be

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 09:35 AM PST

This is a very oddly specific complaint, but does it bother anyone else when you find bottlecaps in places that obviously haven't been accessed since pre-war?

Like you unlock a jail cell and loot the skeleton and he's carrying a handful of bottlecaps. Why would anyone who was in jail when the bombs fell have been carrying bottlecaps? If I'm not mistaken they only started to be used post-war.

Perhaps a better example is when you come across a bunker or shelter that hasn't been touched since the bombs fell and you find bottle caps in a safe inside, why?

Some might say I'm being a nitpicky little twat and I'd have to agree but it does take me out of the immersion a bit when this happens. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/montyxander
[link] [comments]

TIL of the Concord Civic Access. The spot that the deathclaw pops out of near the Museum of Freedom actually leads to an underground sewer.

Posted: 28 Feb 2018 06:28 PM PST

If you go to Concord as Codsworth suggests you find Preston, you get the power armour and you mow down a death claw. If you come back later and go down that little tunnel you come acorss the Concord Civic Access. There's not too much inside, a couple of mole rats and radroaches and one mirelurk. There's some minor loot and a fusion core.

I've put nearly 400 hours into Fallout 4 and I never bothered to explore down that hole the Deathclaw pops out of.

submitted by /u/forgetfulcoder
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4: Ultimate Challenge Run

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 08:44 AM PST

The inspiration for this challenge run comes from ManyATrueNerd's "Level 1 Nuka World Survival" series on YouTube. While what he did was fairly audacious, I figured an even more brutal experience (and potentially a more epic success) was attainable. So I set myself up to tackle Fallout 4 with these arbitrary and draconian rules:

  1. Survival difficulty. Obviously.

  2. Your character is traumatized by seeing his/her spouse murdered whilst trapped in a glorified fridge. Consequently claustrophobic, your character can never enter power armor. Ever.

  3. This run is perma-death. YOLO. You die once, you start over from Vault 111.

  4. Your objective is to complete the entirety of Nuka World's "Grand Tour" quest, i.e. clearing out all five parks. You can prepare yourself for Nuka World however you wish; however, you must still be LEVEL ONE before arriving at the Nuka World Transit Center. (If the location discovery XP at the Transit Center pushes you over into Level 2, that's acceptable).

This means that you will be running the Gauntlet between levels 3 and 6 with no power armor and one life to your name. And if you survive that, it only gets harder...

...but I'm convinced it's possible. Although, maybe extremely improbable. My last run, I had cleared out Safari Adventure and gone on to Dry Rock Gulch when a Cave Cricket jumped out of the bushes and murdered me.

Anyone else mad enough to give this a try?

submitted by /u/FauxGoat
[link] [comments]

TIL that you can actually reach and talk to Stockholm, the guard on top of Megaton's gate.

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 01:07 PM PST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAoy60EnvV4 And the fact that he acknowledges that you got up there made my day lol

submitted by /u/Darklurker13
[link] [comments]

Am I the only one who wants to know why kids were in school when the bombs dropped.

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 10:18 AM PST

In every Fallout with some sort of abandoned high school, there are always remains of kids. Problem is, bombs dropped on an early Saturday morning. I find it hard to believe that teens are getting up at 9:00AM. I should know, I'm one myself.

submitted by /u/Satanic-Banana
[link] [comments]

What is the lowest level I should to the Oil Rig on?

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 06:35 AM PST

I am currently level 16 and have just cleared out the cargo hold and installed the parts on the PMV Valdez. I could not do most of the San Fransisco quests because I left Lenny in a random encounter with the Vertibird Plans in his inventory. I have also bought a M72 Gauss rifle, 200 2mm EC and a mega power fist to prepare for Frank Horrigan. My companions are K-9 and Marcus.

Should I set sail yet?

Edit: Oops, I made a mistake in the title.

submitted by /u/RealPresidentRump
[link] [comments]

The Brotherhood’s Paper Vertibirds

Posted: 28 Feb 2018 05:24 PM PST

Air superiority is a wonderful thing, as Danse, Kells and Maxson love to remind us, but the Vertibirds the Brotherhood are using are just terrible! Either the Enclave kept their worst choppers in reserve or the BOS is building them out of paper mache and Flex Tape - by any means, they're a liability to be sure.

Teagan even points out at the end of the game that anyone with an RPG can down a Vertibird in one good hit. In FO3, the Brotherhood had to develop a weapon SPECIFICALLY to destroy Enclave Vertibirds and neutralise their advantage. Nowadays, any pack of Raiders with Pipe Rifles can drop a chopper.

Don't get me wrong; manufacturing your own blimps and helicopters in the post-apocalyptic is damn impressive, but the Brotherhood could stand to learn a couple of things from the Gun Runners in terms of quality control. The gyrocopters in Mad Max were better constructed.

submitted by /u/xPLASMAx21
[link] [comments]

Fallout-esque game? With a twist

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 04:03 PM PST

So, Im 90% sure im ripping this off of a movie but no one I talk to can recall it and I cant find it online and Im going to be honest, I HAVE NOT thought really anything out, just came up with a general idea. I have some experience with modding and might make a new world space with some quests (although the creatures might be difficult....) and thats a MAYBE.

So, a post apcolyptic world that wasnt destroyed by bombs or meteors. Instead...

A giant flood.

Imagine, youre sitting on the skyscraper of a buidling, looking out over the city, where there are no streets, as they are 50 feet under water in the highest places, ruins of once great cities, completely taken over by the depths of the ocean and its inhabitants. The only way to get around is by air or by water.

But the water is highly dangerous as with this water, the deepest depth creatures have come to the surface (referencing theories about deep, deep sea creatures and more primal creatures that went extinct actually being alive way down there cough megalodon cough)

I just figured something with the general idea of post-apocolypse flooded civilization and ocean creatures would be something to pique the interest of those who like fallout.

submitted by /u/TranceYT
[link] [comments]

What's the point of the vault experiments?

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 12:53 PM PST

Some of them were dark but had a beneficial outcome, like 81, but some of them were just stupid, like vault Gary. From a meta perspective I understand Bethesda just wanted put interesting things in their game but 'in-game' what was the point?

Was Vault-tec run by a bunch of sadistic idiots? Is there a central Vault-tec bunker which was connected to all other vaults and aggregated the information, potentially creating the guide book to a perfect civilization? Meaning the point of most vaults was for them to fail so that humanity knows what to expect in worst case scenarios?

I'd like to believe it's the 'learn by example' idea and somewhere there's a Utopian vault of perfect humans waiting to retake the Earth.

submitted by /u/FlippantSandwhich
[link] [comments]

Character customization and Father [Spoilers F4]

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 06:53 AM PST

I was struck by reading someone else's account of meeting Father and not believing that he was the SS's son. And then they continued playing with that distrust affecting their decisions.
Others shot him in anger when he shut off the Shaun synth.
Meanwhile, I customized my character quite a bit. That meant that the second he opened the door I knew who he was, and as I went on I found it really weird seeing my character's face staring back at me. It really brought it home right through to the end game.

It's the first time that customizing my character's appearance has ever really affected the way I play. Did anyone else customise their character enough to have this effect?

submitted by /u/niko4ever
[link] [comments]

Creation Club: New creations are out now!

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 11:12 AM PST

It reads: "NEW CREATIONS: Who's a GOOD BOY?! Creation Club adds TWO new pups. Find the Boxer and Golden Retriever now available."

New Items:

Pip boy Nuka Cola: Free (LIMITED TIME ONLY)

Golden Retriever: 200 (obtained through quest, adopted for your settlements, kinda bad)

Boxer: 200 (same applies)

Graphics T-shirt pack: 100 (sunset sarsaparilla shirt included)

Armor Paint job bundles: 225 and 300

OVERALL: Really disappointed, awful line up for this month and the pets system are just a liability. Literally could just spawn in some creatures into a settlement.

submitted by /u/HarraReeves_
[link] [comments]

Just a recommendation for a Raider playthrough (Fallout 4)

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 04:13 PM PST

Okay, here's the rundown for the requirements for a Raider play through: *Nuka World DLC *Avoiding Sanctuary and Concord altogether *Trying to find the best gear you can before starting the main story and going to Nuka World Here (from what I've personally done) is what to do in the play through: 1. Choosing which faction you side with will change the way you should RP as a Raider 2. Head to Nuka World with at least a decent set of gear 3. Choose the two Raider gangs you want to keep before starting the dlc 4. Give only your chosen 2 gangs the properties in Nuka World 5. Try to fully upgrade the Handmade Rifle ASAP for a high damage Raider weapon and if you want, add a melee weapon to run with 6. Give the Commonwealth settlements to the gangs you chose 7. Eliminate the third unassociated gang 8. Be an overall asshole during the main story 9. Eliminate all factions (yes even the Minutemen if you can) 10. Role play as much as you can through dialogue and actions done 11. ALWAYS have Gage as your companion (Cait works too I guess) 12. Beat the ever living shit out of everyone you see and have fun!

This is what I did in my Raider play through and it felt really rewarding to be a Raider. It made me understand how it was to be one and it's just an overall fun play through to go through. I felt like this was the truest way to be a raider imo. I hope you enjoy this play through as much as I did experimenting with it.

Edit: Try to make your character look as dirty and beat up as you can and I recommend putting "Overboss" before your name when you create your character to make it more immersive as well as making a name that is an actual word that ends with "-er" afterwards like "Overboss Colter" or that one Raider asshole that tries to claim your gang's territory, "Sinner". Just play around with the Raider idea as you play through.

submitted by /u/paingelfake
[link] [comments]

1853hrs in and I’ve only just found that the Mining Helmet lights work

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 01:29 PM PST

This is a no mod playthrough so completely vanilla. Is this a new feature with the recent update or has the Mining Helmet lights worked since launch?

I've completely been oblivious to this but while exploring the Dunwich Borers I had to use an alternative light source other than my Pip-Boy.

submitted by /u/MilesNinetyThree
[link] [comments]

The DeathClaw and captivity.

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 12:37 AM PST

I captured a deathclaw for my arena cause its fun watching it Rip my settlers to bits, it got even funner when my Settlement got invaded by 3 friggin deathclaws I had literally no settlers left by the time i wasted them. It was a full on Bloodfest..... heads, arms and legs all over the place.

submitted by /u/XTRAPOWAA
[link] [comments]

In Fallout NV, where are great spots for a player to steal some Service Rifles. I can’t be seen though, since I’m currently idolized by the NCR.

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 04:32 AM PST

Heartache By The Numbers

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 04:30 PM PST

I'm sitting a Texas western style BBQ place at the bar and what should come on...

submitted by /u/ReverandT
[link] [comments]

Would my computer be able to run Fallout: New Vegas?

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 09:40 AM PST

I know this is probably a stupid/bad question to post (at least here), but I was wondering about my laptop's chances of running New Vegas without crashing a lot. It's an HP Notebook and the seemingly (to me) important technical deets I could find on it are:

Edition: Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel Core i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.89 usuable) System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor There's nothing about a graphics card or anything but I feel like that's not surpising with a laptop from Costco.

Thanks so much for any help/insights, also sorry if this is a horrid place to post this or anything.

submitted by /u/youngsponge
[link] [comments]

I have a hoarding problem and I need help [PS4]

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 07:45 AM PST

Lately, I've installed a cheat mod, and I've been using an infinite carry weight ring. It's become more of a curse than a blessing, since I've had to hold off from grabbing more scrap because I already have 83k and I have more apparel than I know what to do with. I don't want to start a new game, but I want to go back to the way things were. I don't mind the scrap and such, but it's just not fun to me, not having to worry about carry weight or ammo. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/azarerm
[link] [comments]

New Creation club dogs?

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 02:24 PM PST

Anyone else find it weird that pure bred boxers and golden retrievers have survived a nuclear war for 200 years unscathed or without any radiation burns or something? Don't want to be knit picky but this bothered me a bit

submitted by /u/paco926
[link] [comments]

My Humble Prop Collection

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 04:43 PM PST

Spent a while making and painting a random group of odds and ends from the fallout universe into a reality.

https://imgur.com/gallery/L2OBI Feedback on them would be great! Thanks!

submitted by /u/RicoRodriguez-
[link] [comments]

Is there was a new spinoff like New Vegas... What location should it be and what factions should be on it?

Posted: 01 Mar 2018 12:31 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.