Guild Wars 2 - a round of musical chairs gone wrong


a round of musical chairs gone wrong

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 08:03 AM PST

When you're heading to class and you remember there's an exam today

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 10:38 AM PST

These guys take afk farming/botting into another level.

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 04:15 PM PST

GW2 TacO: Stability Update

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 12:51 PM PST

Hi!

Last week I rushed out a release that had a couple smaller bugs in it, especially with the new trail feature. It was also lacking somewhat in the trail editing area. This update should fix it.

Changelog:

  • The marker editor's set default category submenu will now close properly
  • Some issues related to TacO crashing on close should now be fixed (maybe not all of them, keep the crash logs coming)
  • Fixed a bug where the wvw poll threads would still be working during TacO shutdown
  • Fixed a bug where the keyboard and mouse hooks would still be active during TacO shutdown
  • Fixed a bug in the maptimer.xml
  • Trails didn't keep track of where they were loaded from and so they kept being accumulated in the poidata.xml if loaded from an external marker pack
  • Added a -forcenewinstance command line option to optionally disable the previously added new functionality where TacO would only launch once (this is mostly a debug option)
  • Placing a marker next to an already existing marker will now place the marker regardless of distance if the types of the two markers don't match (request by Tekkit)
  • Added import trail option for editing purposes (request by Tekkit)
  • Trails can now be broken (Pausing a trail now has two ways of resuming, the original way and by creating a new trail section, corresponding key bind has also been added) (request by Tekkit)
  • The fadeout bubble around the player for trails can now be toggled on or off (request by Tekkit)
  • Updated the documentation with several previously undocumented marker attributes
submitted by /u/BoyC
[link] [comments]

Getting burnt out again, do you guys?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 05:50 PM PST

What usually happens when I play gw2 is; solid playing for a couple months, making progress on legendaries, Daily Fracs etc. And because this community is so nice and wholesome for the most part (PvE), whenever a more elitist/toxic player crosses my path I notice it wayyy more than if I was playing a more generally confrontational game. Was mis-traited for my daily fracs on reset and got so much hate for low dps on just a daily frac, not even a CM. it was fine... things like that occasional fractal kid and the attitude towards me when I try and heal/support a Zerg in WvW, which is not to follow, make me want a solo/single player game. Happens every few months and I'll revert to just Tuesday raids and nothing else, while playing the witcher or w/e.

My question is do you guys have this? Or if not how do you brush off these people? I think the great community has made me soft.

submitted by /u/Ayziv
[link] [comments]

Why the GW2 Necromancer is Thematically so cool (to me)

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 09:03 AM PST

So I've been mulling over this in my head for awhile now, and I finally realized why the necromancer captures my interest so much. The necromancer is generally considered to be a very selfish class and is often used because of its super aggressive condi, but it's support and debilitating power are probably the coolest part of the class thematically. From the plague signet soaking up condi from teammates, the "poison cloud" blocking projectiles to the "blood is power" and "corrupt boon" the whole idea of I'm gonna drink a little bit of the koolade to keep my friends alive and empower them is so cool. The way the class works really paints the picture that the necromancer really is dabbling with powers they shouldn't be messing with and if they aren't careful they could kill themselves or worse their team. I know it's not a new idea or anything like that (anime, comics, and other games have always used this concept of the tragic hero using dark powers they know will eventually claim them) but it's the reason this class just seems so interesting to me. What do you think of this? Do other classes call to you thematically? (Last food for thought, the reason the staff one "mark of blood" heals is because it splatters the blood of foes onto allies healing them like in bloodborne, that's kinda cool)

submitted by /u/Bearalin
[link] [comments]

Patch 06/02 [Keks] Power Holosmith | Sword/X | No Kits | DPS Benchmark | No Meta build

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 06:03 AM PST

Benchmark: https://youtu.be/XJuRtDvJWZA

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsanUICVIjFJD2UBcJjl8CDMBFAqK9Txr4Xc8KMiKRA-jhRBABmpEkS1fA4BAc1+jyvHOBA4pHYeQAwEAWVpqqqkCIilRA-e

I will share my Updated Sword/Shield Power Holo Build.

Sword/Pistol is 1k higher dps then Sword/Shield.

If you dont need Pinpoint Distribution you can Trait Thermal Vision for 5% more Personal DPS, you lose ~ 2k dps with Pinpoint.

No changes for the Rotation or Skills, only if you use Pistol you can use Pistol 4 on CD after Holoforge.

Edit: if you have questions you can ask me in game: Xashija.7913

submitted by /u/XashijaShino
[link] [comments]

Thank you to whoever removed the npc's from beside the orrian pearl home instance node in Kryta.

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 11:49 AM PST

I mean, I'm sure they were lovely characters, but I didn't to talk to them every time I tried to harvest it, forgot they were there and pressed F. It was incredibly annoying - so thanks for changing it.

submitted by /u/MashMash2525
[link] [comments]

[SC] Trio Twilight Arbor Forward [5:56]

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 08:05 AM PST

Looking to understand the 'roles' of each class in WvW/PvP as well as general tactics

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 07:48 AM PST

I recently bought into the game and therefore have a free level 80 boost. I've been using it to try different characters in the silverwastes, in addition to reading various guides, in order to understand how each class functions. However, this is not a great method, as many 'classes' reportedly change radically with elite professions. I'm therefore hoping the community can provide some detailed info on the professions, or point me to great sources (I feel I've exhausted my options with Google with my own inquiries).

What is the nature of each class, and each elite profession in terms of dps, control, peeling, buffing or cleansing, and setting up kills? Are some classes really good peelers? Are some great at setting up kills?

What types of tactics play out in WvW stem from such roles, if any exist?

For example, I noticed the thief can lay down spikes in a field. Is it ever used to bust an enemies retreat? Or is it a waste of time as there are enough cleanses within most groups that it nullifies such a tactic?

In general WvW, what is the tactical nature of most engagements? Baiting a few people into bad position to gib them? Laying down crowd control and focus firing? Or is it simply trying a combination of mostly ranged damage with conditions/boons, and wearing the other side down?

My experiences so far have made it appear that there isn't a lot of tactics to most groups and I'm not sure if this is a symptom of the game type or the abilities of the masses.

I've played WoW and DaoC as references, in case someone wants to use either as an analogy.

submitted by /u/Ecuni
[link] [comments]

Daily Gatherer Helper

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 10:00 AM PST

My friend made a website to help our guild mates find the "best" locations to complete the daily gathering quests, and I thought I would share it in case other people also find it useful:

www.thedaemonarmy.com

It's still lacks some locations, but it's slowly getting there.

Edit: The creator KidaSacheil is in the comments. Please feel free to direct comments/suggestions her way.

submitted by /u/Oceanias
[link] [comments]

Can we get any statement on The Binding of Ipos effects on Mesmer?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 07:39 PM PST

I made this legendary specifically for my Mesmer, with the changes to phantasms many of the effects are gone from the legendary. Can we get any statement on it?

submitted by /u/NOawayaccount18
[link] [comments]

I Archive Map Breaks and I Need Help With One.

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 04:50 PM PST

I don't want anyone sharing exploits in this post, however, If someone is able to get into the large black lion vauit room with the Asura gate, or has a toon parked in there from when you were able to go in there I would appreciate it. I would also pay so i could port in to you with tp to friend or mesmer port. Thanks!

The Purpose of saving it is that I save these places so other people can enjoy them and I also do some RP with these areas. More and more the ways in have become closed.

submitted by /u/Blueblunderer
[link] [comments]

Even Small Profit Matters :-) - Ley-Energy Matter Converter

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 09:14 AM PST

power scourge? pve

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 07:45 PM PST

is power scourge viable? read somewhere that power scourge did more dps than power reaper, is this still (or was it to begin with) true? and if so, what would the build for it be? I have a power reaper build right now and wanted to try our scourge but didn't really want to invest in making a new gear set for something I might not like

submitted by /u/-_-Tom-_-
[link] [comments]

[NA] Looking to pay gold to larger guild to help my 2 man guild complete our guild hall mission

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 07:44 PM PST

I am on North American servers and looking for a larger guild to help my two man guild complete our guild hall mission. Please send me your bid (gold fee) with in game contact details if interested.

submitted by /u/gufftank
[link] [comments]

Do you think "Recipe Selection" items should be Tradeable (not Account Bound), since all the recipes in them are already Tradeable?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 03:33 PM PST

What do the elite specializations actually specialize in?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 06:24 PM PST

Berserker is funky. Some conditions and some power.

Daredevil does different things as well branching into condition and power

Mirage looks like it's power but all the abilities inflict condis

Etc. Etc. What do you guys use your elite specs for? What do you think they are all intended for?

submitted by /u/Narganinja
[link] [comments]

Chimo Kizu.6752

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 06:16 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.