Civilization - Rise And Fall Bug Report Megathread


Rise And Fall Bug Report Megathread

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 04:31 AM PST

Hey Everyone! I hope all is well and all are enjoying the fun, exciting mechanics that Rise and Fall have to offer. But with new mechanics and changes to the game come some interesting and unique bugs. Please note that I've added a couple other categories.

 

Please note that this is just a megathread to help bring exposure to the r/civ community. Always report these bugs to the 2k support site. I do try my best to report them as well, and I do recommend that everyone reports these bugs to 2k as well. A couple quick yes or no questions, "New bug to this patch/expansion:" and "Playing with Rise and Fall", will help differentiate between new problems and problems pertaining to just the base game or to the expansion.

To report these bugs to 2K, they will often require additionals files/folders from that game. Please make sure that you have a copy of your saves, preferably a copy of all the autosaves where this bug occurs. Saves can likely be found here:

~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves

Also if you are reporting a multiplayer bug with them, they do tend to ask for the host's autosave as well as the logs folder which can likely be found here:

~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs

────────

When reporting a bug, please accompany the report with a screenshot, video or gif. This helps identify the problem and bring credibility to your report. Also, please keep the top comments to bugs only.

────────

Format when reporting a Bug: When reporting a bug, please provide as much information as you can about your computer.

  • Type of Bug: Client Bug, In Game Bug etc.

  • New bug to this patch/expansion: Yes or No

  • Game Type: Singleplayer, Multiplay, Scenario, All.

  • Playing with Rise and Fall: Yes or No

  • Mods used: did you use any mods? If so, which mods?

  • Description: Describe what was the bug that occurred.

  • Video / Screenshot: Insert screenshot (F12 in-game) or Video of the bug occurring.

  • Reproduction rate: If you try to recreate the bug how successful are you in causing it to occur? (1/10 : Occurs once every 10 tries, 5/10 : Occurs 5 times out of 10, 10/10 : Happens every single time)

  • Steps to reproduce: Provide the steps necessary if someone else had to reproduce the bug.

  • Expected result: What should have been the result when you follow the steps mentioned above.

  • Observed result: What was the result you obtained when you followed the steps mentioned above.

  • System specs: Processor, Video card, Ram, HDD/SSD, everything you can provide, even drivers, and which DX version (11 or 12)

────────

Example Bug:

  • Type of Bug: In Game Bug

  • New bug to this XP/Patch: No

  • Game Type: All

  • Playing with Rise and Fall: No

  • Description: Nubia - chopping bonus resources on a hill and then putting a mine on it that hill always gives +2 gold for that mine.

  • Insert Video / Screenshot of the incident

  • Reproduction rate: 10/10 (happened 10 out of 10 times)

  • Steps to reproduce:

Play as Nubia
1. Chop a bonus resource on a hill

  1. Chop forest or Jungle if also on hill

  2. Build a mine on that hill

  3. Observe the result.

  • Expected result: The mine should be a standard mine without the added gold.

  • Observed result: Always grants +2 gold yields on that mine

  • Mods used: none

  • System Specs: Intel i5 Processor, Windows 7, Nvidia Graphics card (insert model number), DX12, etc.

────────

Please use the suggested format as shown below.

────────

  • Type of Bug:
  • New to this XP/Patch:
  • Game Type:
  • Playing with Rise and Fall:
  • Description:
  • Video / Screenshot:
  • Reproduction rate:
  • Steps to reproduce:
  • Expected result:
  • Observed result:
  • Mods Used:
  • System specs:

Copy paste the above code and fill in your details.

────────

As always, if you have any suggestions or comments on how to improve this thread, please reply to my comment below.

submitted by /u/CPL_Yoshi
[link] [comments]

/r/Civ Weekly Questions Thread - February 12, 2018

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 02:07 AM PST

Greetings r/Civ.

Welcome to the Weekly Questions thread. Got any questions you've been keeping in your chest? Need some advice from more seasoned players? Conversely, do you have in-game knowledge that might help your peers out? Then come and post in this thread. Don't be afraid to ask. Post it here no matter how silly sounding it gets.

To help avoid confusion, please state for which game you are playing.

In addition to the above, we have a few other ground rules to keep in mind when posting in this thread:

  • Be polite as much as possible. Don't be rude or vulgar to anyone.
  • Keep your questions related to the Civilization series.
  • The thread should not be used to organize multiplayer games or groups.

Finally, if you wish to read the previous Weekly Questions threads, you can now view them here.


You think you might have to ask questions later? Join us at Discord.


Vote for the next Civ of the Week. Civ of the Week will resume in March.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

You know when Korea is OP when taking flight in MACH 2 "Biplanes"

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 06:40 AM PST

Had a gorgeous tile for Mont St. Michel

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 11:25 AM PST

Iceland is done! May Ingólfur enhance your Rise and Fall experience!

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 02:07 PM PST

Ally warmongering penalty is out of control

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 12:03 PM PST

I entered a joint war with my military ally (egypt) and after taking 2 cities in the war I checked my relationship with egypt and noticed I had -42 warmongering. That doesnt seem right. I shouldnt recieve warmongering from a military ally in a joint war.

submitted by /u/Disorderly428
[link] [comments]

Free states should turn into city states if no one takes them into their empire.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:31 AM PST

I had a game where I had the option to take a free state that had rebelled into my empire and decided to let them stay independent and see what it does.

Unfortunately it just kept spamming units into my territory and I decided to take it out. I think this is a missed opportunity to possibly turn them into procedural generated city states and add more dynamic to the game.

It could take suzerain bonuses from a city state not present in the game and give it to them, or if none are available have a generic bonus "city state gives ____ luxury".

I like it because it forces a decision on the player, do they take another city into their empire and become more powerful? or risk it and try to attain the bonus from creating them and have to compete with other players for their ability through envoys?

submitted by /u/Barthalamuke
[link] [comments]

When your favorite writer released a new novel and you must have it

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 11:35 AM PST

"Free Cities" feel incomplete

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 05:20 AM PST

I will preface this with saying that I like the city flipping mechanic, I think it works really well. However there is a problem if you don't use it as "intended."

I had an enemy city flip to me that was in a shit location so I rejected it instead of keeping it. I expected it to turn into some sort of city state, but instead it just sits there like some sort of perpetual barbarian camp. The units are always aggressive, and there is no way to make peace or trade with them. It also looks like it doesn't produce workers or anything to improve the city. The units also seems to level up like barbs do, so they could seriously mess with someone behind in tech. The only saving grace is the units won't pillage anything, unlike barbs, so that they aren't that annoying to trade routes.

I haven't tried conquering it because I didn't want the warmonger penalty for burning it to the ground, maybe I should try that next to see if there is a warmonger penalty.

submitted by /u/Se7en_speed
[link] [comments]

Fun Ancient Era Emergency

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 03:31 PM PST

I'm playing as Mapuche, in the ancient era and have Russia as an early neighbour. I build my second city, and what do you know Russia declares war and eventually takes it. I hold out hope that when the classical era begins Russia enters a golden age and I can exact sweet sweet vengeance with the bonus combat strength.

Well, apparently the world was quite alarmed because an emergency was created to take back my second city from Russia. I of course accept (and am the only one to do so) now armed with +3 combat strength and extra movement in Russia's outrageously large territory. Then classical era kicks in, and Russia enters a golden age, and I now have a sweet +13 combat strength against them. I use this to take back my city, get 2000 gold (in the beginning of the classical era no less!) buy as many military units as I can, and sweep over Russia's cities.

Unfortunately the combination of Russia's golden age, and my dark age, made keeping control of my newly conquered Russian cities virtually impossible and I spent the rest of the classical era fighting off a combination of Russia, free city fighters, and eventually a surprise war from Norway. When America decided to declare war on me as well (on their same continent) I knew I couldn't go much further. Still an awesome and thoroughly entertaining defeat.

Love Rise and Fall!

submitted by /u/clever_clover77
[link] [comments]

I would prefer not to be interrupted by random leaders

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 09:48 AM PST

Leaders on the other side of the world often say things to me like 'How can you be ok with so much debt piling up?' when I'm making tons of gold.

Or they will say my coasts are easy to raid when I literally have no coasts.

I understand the concept of 'getting it out there' that certain leaders like certain things - can't they be put somewhere else? I'm busy doing something and the entire screen changes (slowly) to a leader whose opinion I really don't care about, most of the time.

Unless I'm being declared war on or perhaps denounced, I don't really need to have the person interrupt my gameplay.

Is it just me that finds this .. not worth it?

submitted by /u/Innundator
[link] [comments]

The president of my University is quoted in Civilization VI!

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 01:58 PM PST

The Kilwa Kisiwani goes really well with a harbor

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 02:02 PM PST

Target city flipped to an independent city one turn after accepting the emergency. Easiest 14,000 gold ever.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 10:12 AM PST

Anyone else snap refuse Civs wanting works of art?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 10:41 AM PST

As if I'm going to accept 30 turns of Dye for a work of art that generates tourism for the rest of the game?

And they keep asking!

submitted by /u/Innundator
[link] [comments]

I LOVE LOYALTY

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 03:28 AM PST

I managed to take 4 almost 7 of nubias cites and she is just there telling me i have lovely city planning

submitted by /u/Bionic_Ferir
[link] [comments]

Noticed this typo when defeating Scotland

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 02:09 PM PST

Future tech: Can't it research itself?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 01:22 PM PST

All I have left to research is 'future tech' - and it asks me every 5 turns what I'd like to research.

......

submitted by /u/Innundator
[link] [comments]

Just hit 200 hours in 6 thanks to the expansion... I'm not addicted I swear

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 04:58 PM PST

Civ VI Historical Religions Rise & Fall Update (Part 1)

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 05:55 AM PST

A Korean take on Petra (Yes with Ruhr)

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:22 AM PST

Just got Civ 6...

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 07:32 AM PST

I made a point of immortalizing all the great people

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 10:14 PM PST

I did it! First win! I was aiming for a Science Victory but I'll take a Culture Victory!

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:40 AM PST

Thought of a new mechanic and found it interesting, wonder what's your opinion on it.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 06:03 PM PST

First of all my I'd like to warn that my english is a bit poor and that can make this a bit painful to read, but here it goes:

I was thinking about the fact that really high grow but very low production cities are awful at creating units, as the only way to do so involves having high production, gold, or in some cases faith. While in real life a Nation with very high population could create large amounts of soldiers, even if poorly trained.

What if we have the option to turn citizens into military units? At first this might sound a bad idea for several reasons. But further thought lead me to this concept:

You can trade 1 citizen for a melee unit instantly.

This unit is weaker than the correspondent era melee unit but can be created AND moved on the same turn, allowing for the creation of multiple units in the same turn.

This units wouldn't be available on the earlier turns, unlocked by either a civic or any similar mechanic.

Creating this units would weaken your cites, specially if creating masses. this by itself would be a balancing mechanism,

But when would you want to do this?

Lets say you have very tall cities but with low production, you get DOW'ed and have too few units to defend yourself . This units albeit weak can protect your land, together with your existing forces, like a militia, but would hurt you a lot for loosing pop, (which would still be better than loosing the city) so you have to really consider if its worth doing it.

On the offense you could use this to strengthen your forces and strengthen the odds of conquering new land/ defeating your opponents but would defensively backfire if you are not successful.

I found this to be a really interesting idea and wanted hear other people opinion on it.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/theXfolder
[link] [comments]

PSA: Early barb-Caravels will raze your coastal cities. archers wont save you.

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 08:23 PM PST

[civ6]

researching catapults when suddenly a barbarian camp spawned on a northern coastal tile. ok np:

I will send an archer & a warrior to clear out the encampment.

when I arrive I notice behind the encampment there is a barbarian caravel. I think:

damn. a civ must have b-lined caravels.. sigh. np I'll deal with it later. at least its not a quad so it can't attack my units.

I clear the encampment. now this caravel has no base. so you know what it will do next right? yep, suicide. this thing surfs right up to my city, pillages a resource, and begins smashing into it.

I immediately realize.. this city is done in 5 turns. panic mode engaged. I attack with the garrison archer. barely touch it. two turns later and I have two archer firing at this ship. one with a level 2 promotion for ships. still not enough damage.. ship ends razing city on turn 5 of the attack like I predicted. with 5hp left. on that same turn I finished researching catapults.

my strongest melee unit was the swordsmen. because my Knight was coming out in 6 turns.

tl;dr

if you settle on the coast, please, make sure you're not behind in sea tech. or be ready with catapults because those melee ships are not a joke anymore :'(

submitted by /u/Barbhorsemen
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.