Overwatch - Weekly Trash Talk Thread - January 22, 2018


Weekly Trash Talk Thread - January 22, 2018

Posted: 21 Jan 2018 09:07 PM PST

HERE YOU CAN GET RID OF ALL YOUR ANGER AND HATE.

CAPS ON AND LET IT ALL OUT.

JUST GET YOUR THIRD LUCIO PLAYER ICON DUPLICATE? GETTING PERMANENTLY KILLED BY THE MOST OP CHARACTER IN THE GAME? THERE'S TOO MUCH JUSTICE THAT RAINS FROM ABOVE? THIS IS THE RIGHT THREAD!

PLEASE STILL BE CIVIL, AT LEAST A LITTLE!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Today's reveal: D.Va Legendary Skin!

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 10:00 AM PST

Symmetra is one of the funniest characters to play

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 08:10 AM PST

4 new highlight intros revealed in the blog post!

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 10:33 AM PST

Welcome to Ecopoint Brazil!

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 02:51 AM PST

hey guys! just wanted to share this project i created a couple of months ago and finally is out

I wanted to make something that brought people together for a good cause and I took the ingame lore of ecopoint and started to do a reforesting of deforested zones

here are some pictures of the event https://imgur.com/a/BJ8HF

hope you guys enjoy it and help me spread the word this was just the first one

We gave medals for "TOP DIGGER" TOP PLANTER" and "Most Dirty" ahahahah

Blizzard forum https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760907244?page=1#post-10

submitted by /u/Ravnuslock
[link] [comments]

Save your coins for Year of the Dog!

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 05:48 AM PST

Sorry if this doesn't need to be said but I just wanted to remind people/point out that the skins and other new items that are dropping tomorrow are permanent additions to the regular lootboxes. That means you will be able to get them in any lootbox you get from tomorrow onwards.

Obviously do what you want ultimately but it might be a good idea to save your coins for the next event to make sure you can get some of the skins you want from that before the event ends. If it turns out you hate all of the Lunar New Year skins you'll still be able to use your coins then to get the other new skins.

Edit: Nevermind I'm buying the D.Va skin. It has a tail.

submitted by /u/Isord
[link] [comments]

Can we take a moment to discuss how the #1 player on PS4 right now is a Sym only player named BESTSYMMETRA?

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 11:10 AM PST

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/XXe0s

How does this even happen?

submitted by /u/heyenikin
[link] [comments]

I was just saying hello...

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 06:31 AM PST

When someone instalocks Hanzo and you give them a chance

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 09:34 AM PST

Sometimes I wonder why I’m ranked gold when I’m level 500+, but then I remember. I’m a “Moiron”

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 06:07 AM PST

I did this totally on purpose

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 11:45 AM PST

I saw the new Bastion highlight intro and just had to make this reference

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 01:45 PM PST

How the New Cat D.Va skin looks in-game!

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 10:31 AM PST

Here Is what D.Va's amazing new skin looks like in-game!
You can view the rest of the revealed items here

submitted by /u/SevereCuddleAddict
[link] [comments]

Yes, your non-Mercy solo healer knows you would have a better chance of winning with Mercy...

Posted: 21 Jan 2018 07:30 PM PST

...but that's not enough to make me switch to her again.

There are so many times when my team is losing and I know I could probably save it by switching from Lucio or Zen. You don't have to tell us. We know.

But at this point I'd rather lose.

I apologize, but at this point you couldn't pay me to play Mercy anymore, I'm sick to death of it. If you really want a Mercy to win you're free to switch to her. You don't want to, but neither do I. The fact that I chose a healer doesn't make "being Mercy" my responsibility.

[edit] Wow, my first gold. Thanks, dude/dudette.

I guess I touched a nerve. This is more karma than I'd accumulated in all my years redditing. Healer mains, unite!

submitted by /u/fn0000rd
[link] [comments]

Nanoboost Widow Meta

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 08:58 AM PST

Legendary Zarya speed shield

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 03:21 PM PST

My best boop so far (x-post from /r/luciomains)

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 03:35 PM PST

Please Papa Jeff, Give DoomFist the Techno Viking dance emote

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 07:46 AM PST

For those unaware, the Techno Viking was a huge meme from the year 2007 that shows a bare-chested man dancing with a group of people at the fuckparade of 2000.

There are some similarities between TechnoViking and Doomfist that make it ideal for the task like his attire, his physicality, his powerful presence. That would be so awesome!

But what do you guys think?

submitted by /u/santarrosa
[link] [comments]

Could we change the hero portraits for the new OWL skins?

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 06:58 AM PST

This isn't super important, but it would be nice if the hero portrait in the bottom left was the same as the skin that you are using, like it does for the regular skins. It would just be a great Quality of Life change.

submitted by /u/Airsickbachus
[link] [comments]

How To Protect Your Mercy

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 05:23 AM PST

Let's all thank those who pick Mercy despite not wanting to.

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 12:46 AM PST

I've seen/commented on two posts so far where people have talked about how they, as a healer, are expected by teammates to lock Mercy while the rest of the team picks terrible characters and leaves them to solo heal. Mad respect to those who just want to win and are willing to pick the character they have come to loathe to do so.

In your next few games if you play with someone obviously pressured into picking Mercy please consider doing one of these two things: 1. Thank them, 2. switching to heals as well so that they more of an opportunity to pick a different healer. This is the comp for now; Let's be considerate and have fun!

submitted by /u/scroggs2
[link] [comments]

Massive Roadhog guide: Hero history in the various meta, hook combo, playstyles, hero pairings, tips, and more

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 10:00 AM PST

Just a cool below the surface interaction between voice actors...

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 06:30 AM PST

Probably the most unrecognised voice actor in the game, is the voice behind Hal-Fred Glitchbot; the arrogant director who shouts at people from within the payload on Hollywood. He is voiced by Travis Willingham.

Then you get Jesse McCree, who is voiced by Matthew Mercer, who when selected on Hollywood and gets close to the Payload will get called out by Hal-Fred for his name and cowboy get up. It goes:

"Jesse McCree? What a terrible name for a cowboy."

What really makes this entertaining is when you find out that Travis and Matthew are close friends in real life, who have being playing DnD together for a few years now, which is streamed every Thursday under the name of Critical Role. You see, Matthew runs the game as Dungeon Master, and is mighty good at it.

There's more levels than what it seems though. Travis Willingham plays a character who's name is, Grog. The most plain silly and stupid name I have ever heard of.

Now relate that back, in how the tables have turned and Travis can forever call Matthew's character name terrible. It always makes me smile a little whenever I hear it.

submitted by /u/KaylasDream
[link] [comments]

Black Cat Thorbjorn by Wuzi

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 04:02 PM PST

The new D.va skin only brings more fuel to my conspiracy theory

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 11:08 AM PST

After launch, D.va has been kidnapped and replaced by various toys, becoming the victim of an ungodly alliance between Blizzard and Mattel in the goal of promoting both video games and a famous doll.

I know it's sounds crazy, and I promise you I took my pills today, but when you know where to look, it is obvious that the signs were here for the start.

submitted by /u/McManus26
[link] [comments]

“Our Healers suck at healing”

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 06:50 AM PST

Because we are dead.

I'm a low to mid plat flex player that ends up filling as a healer. This season my most played hero is Mercy because team mates would rather insta lock 3-4 DPS. Honestly, if you're a great DPS I really don't mind, as long as that Tracer, Genji, Winston or Sombra are dealt with.

In 4 of my comp matches yesterday, even when we were lucky enough to have two healers, we got to hear: "Can I get one fucking heal?" "Where are our healers?" "You guys suck at healing." Along with a spam of the "I need healing" voice line.

I want to heal you, I really do. I want to Rez you when I play Mercy. I want to win, but I also want to stay alive.

When I ask for help staying alive or call out "Genji is on our back line." "Sombra is on our Ana behind you Winston." "McCree, Tracer is on me to your right." I get met with: "Why didn't you tell us they were on you?"

Overwatch is a team based game. We need to work as a team. Go Widow and Hanzo and Sym on attack. Go attack Torb or single tank with 4 dps. I will heal you all, as long as you protect your healer.

Edit: This post isn't a "healer can do no wrong" thread or an attack on people playing tanks and DPS. Just venting a bit of frustration from the last few days of comp and giving a friendly reminder.

submitted by /u/GoonBae
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.