Minecraft - I made a wolf for a timelapse :D


I made a wolf for a timelapse :D

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 12:29 PM PST

Can't currently play Minecraft on my computer, but that won't stop me from designing my next small town.

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 03:00 AM PST

My girlfriend and I planted some wheat

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 07:20 AM PST

I made this house for my Armors and Tools :)

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 11:29 AM PST

This is a spawn I made in a flat world for a friend. It's supposed to be a meteor crater with new life.

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 03:36 PM PST

New diamond, gold and emerald block textures

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 07:53 AM PST

Testing Idea. Fantasy House Design Template. Is this template good to build other houses based off for a fantasy city?

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 03:29 PM PST

A peaceful mountain pond

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 02:50 PM PST

Diamond item texture update

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 07:11 AM PST

Unpopular opinion/rant: People complain about updates far, far too much

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 06:22 AM PST

While everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, over the years I've consistently seen large amounts of people have at least one major problem with just about every update that has ever come out, ever. It's begun to drive me slightly mad.

I mean, People hated shears, or the new bow combat, or the new melee combat, or how items were labelled with names for the first time back in Alpha, or that alchemy was being added, or how alchemy worked, or that enchanting was being added- or how it worked, or how beds could change the players spawn point, or villagers- or horses- or squids- or endermen- or silverfish- or wolves- or ocelots- or bats, or the new skeleton AI a while back, or the terracotta blocks, or the hunger mechanic and so on and so fourth.

They usually have the same old melodramatic "its ruining/ruined the game!" tied to it. You've hardly ever been able to bring up any recent or coming update without a hoard or people crawling out of the woodwork to tell you why Mojang supposedly "really screwed up this time", only for everyone to forget they were ever mad about anything a month or so later, showing how hollow the complaints actually were to begin with. It's gotten to the point I dread updates and completely avoid discussion on them purely because it'll mean more inevitable complaining, which of course never mention what they would like to see instead.

So here's my plea: before you grab your pitchforks and torches because Mojang had the audacity to add parrots or whatever- take a moment to consider if maybe what you're worked up about isn't that big of a deal, or maybe if it will just mix things up a little. Also, because someone will inevitably bring it up- if your complaint is that updates aren't as groundbreaking anymore, then consider that the game is really quite fleshed out at this stage, and there's not been any obligation on Mojang's part to continue updating the game since all the way back at release. Everything we've gotten since the Ender dragon has essentially been free stuff and borrowed time. I personally expected development to stop there, and I've been grateful and surprised of the continued development ever since.

To clarify- I'm not saying you're not allowed to criticize Mojang or anything, but I've noticed that unreasonable and overblown backlash has been normalized for some time. I'm not sure how it happened, but it's immensely saddening to see so much hate tossed at Mojang for so long for little to no reason on a regular basis over the years. The whole thing just strikes me as massively unreasonable. I dunno, just some food for thought from a long-time player I guess. Thanks for hearing me complain for a bit, feels good to have that off my chest.

submitted by /u/Xeredek
[link] [comments]

Satisfying rows of torches

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 02:05 PM PST

Custom Tree in the middle of a Inn, Castle Spoiler in background!

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 01:40 AM PST

A few screenshots of our city project we have been working on for ~ 7 months

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 06:04 PM PST

Man I love shaders

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 08:49 AM PST

Idea: Add new "carved" gem blocks with the fancy textures, so we can have both

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 02:39 PM PST

Simple solution for people who want to keep the previous Jappa textures and for people who like the flatter looking ones.

EDIT: Yes, I did crosspost to r/minecraftsuggestions

submitted by /u/TheRedstoneBlaze
[link] [comments]

What should I do with this gigantic "dock"?

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 02:18 PM PST

I wanted to share my Bee Lab!

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 05:35 PM PST

1st modern house in a long time

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 04:50 AM PST

Finished the outside of... err... something? I still need to decorate the inside.

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 10:27 AM PST

Zombie Chicken by mysticalpha

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 08:23 AM PST

Everyone used to complain that we needed more ambient mobs, and now that we have them everyone's complaining that they're useless. Isn't this contradictory?

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 07:53 AM PST

This is, of course, in regards to the conversations this week about recent "ambient" animal mobs (polar bears, llamas, and parrots) and how Jeb said they didn't have a huge desire to add penguins due to the backlash against these mobs. I found this really unfortunate since the community's desire for more ambient animals is probably in part what made these additions more regular in the first place.

Naturally, I can't say for sure if those who asked for more ambient mobs are of the same group that is now complaining about them, but I imagine there has to be some overlap, which is really just unfair. Mojang does a pretty good job about listening to the community and being completely contradictory in your opinion can only hurt the game.

Of course I'd be happy to hear opinions as to why these mobs were disappointing to those that wanted ambience. I'm personally also of that first group (the one who asked for more ambient mobs) and I'm very happy with the progress they've made in that department. Not every mob needs useful drops to contribute to the game in an important way.

submitted by /u/Mr_Simba
[link] [comments]

Now I know where I want my house.

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 02:48 PM PST

Did my Wolf Die?

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 02:04 PM PST

I got my first wolf last night, and he first thing I did was take him with me to a mine I discovered that was absolutely infested with skeletons. I had killed at least eight prior with no end in sight.

My wolf helped me with a couple more, then was hurt because terry badly. His tail was hanging down and he would whims we every so often.

I got him back to my base asap, and my base requires me to climb a long ladder down a tower that I had built as a shortcut up the mountain. No big deal because I thought my wolf would teleport down.

I got to the bottom and he wasn't there. I went back up and he wasn't there. I went back to where I had originally found him and he wasn't there.

I thought he might be was dead, so I avenged him by rearming, returning to the mine, and killing another several skeletons.

Could my wolf really have died on the way back to my base?

submitted by /u/Californiaguy1970
[link] [comments]

I saw SpiralDimentia's post about drawing his next small town, and I was inspired to make this little garden out of the fountain circle in his design.

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 07:15 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.