Hearthstone - Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion


Newbie Tuesdays Weekly Discussion

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 04:11 PM PST

Hello members of the /r/hearthstone community,

This is part of a series of weekly threads aimed at both new and old players from the community. It is designed so that everybody may ask any and all questions regarding the game's mechanics, decks, strategies and more.

Please keep it clean and try to add more than just a one or two word response. As the goal of this post is to increase the community's knowledge, the thought process matters as much as the answer! There is also a Theorycrafting Thursday weekly post, for those who wish to discuss some of the more intricate aspects of the game.

Sticky Threads and Guides - Great resources for new players!

Note: I am a bot. Questions or feedback regarding this thread? Message the moderators.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Mass Dispel got nerfed

Posted: 03 Jan 2018 06:23 AM PST

How I realised that getting more cards wasn't going to make me enjoy the game more.

Posted: 03 Jan 2018 01:18 AM PST

Today I was prepared to buy 60 KnC packs, the first time outside of a preorder that I was going to buy packs. I wanted to play Cubelock and, since I'm missing most of the epics and legendaries required for the deck, I figured it was a good idea. On average I was about to get 3 legendaries and 12 epics. What a deal! But still, I was hesitant to pay.

You see, here in Mexico packs are actually cheaper. Don't know why, but 60 packs cost 900 pesos, which is around 50 bucks. But even with this "discount" I felt that 900 pesos was too much, I mean it's almost all of my savings. But I play Hearthstone everyday and I want to be competitive, so surely it's a good investment right? I couldn't make up my mind, so I decided to take the day to think about it.

So I started browsing Reddit and stumbled upon the post about Dane's stream, in which he buys packs to gather enough gold to get a legendary, but still can't afford one. That really was an eye opener, I mean I had considered the possibility of not opening one or two of the cards that I wanted, but I thought that I would be getting enough dust from duplicates to craft them. The thought of spending almost all of my savings and still not getting what I wanted to play was not something I was willing to do.

I was disappointed, since I really wanted to play Cubelock. But when I opened Hearthstone I had an interesting realisation. I have quite a sizeable collection and if I wanted I could play Aggro and Murloc Pally, Tempo Mage, Tempo Rogue, Midrange Hunter, Dragon and Raza Priest and some (probably outdated) wild decks. The thing is I didn't want to play any of those decks, even when they're all Tier 1 and 2. When I crafted them I was pretty excited, but I wasn't really feeling them anymore. I realised that the same thing would probably had happened to Cubelock. If I couldn't enjoy the game and reach legend with all of the (quite competitive) decks that I already have, then buying more decks wasn't a good idea.

I mean I love Hearthstone. I love watching Trump and Dog and Savjz. And I enjoy playing and winning and the flavour of the game. But it's clear to me that the competitive aspect of this game isn't something I'm enjoying. Maybe my love for Hearthstone is like my love for basketball; love watching it and playing it from time to time is fun, but I wouldn't pay to play it and I'm probably not going to be the next Michael Jordan anyways.

Tl;dr: Hearthstone doesn't offer any insurance that by paying I would get what I wanted. And even if it did, I wouldn't have enjoyed the game more, since my approach to Hearthstone is probably flawed.

Sorry if this was too rambly or too long, but I think this is something a lot of people here might relate to.

submitted by /u/ElCharmann
[link] [comments]

Just hit me that Y'Shaarj is now the most played old god.

Posted: 03 Jan 2018 01:41 AM PST

Would have never believed this if somebody told me this at Old Gods release.

submitted by /u/TheToastGhostEUW
[link] [comments]

Toast unshackles exodia

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 03:16 PM PST

When your stupid deck actually does something funny

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 07:00 PM PST

When playing against druid you can tell if they have a spellstone in hand.

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 08:30 PM PST

If an opposing druid has a spellstone in hand and uses their hero power, the animation of the teeth will play twice. I don't think this should be a thing and is possibly a bug that should be fixed.

submitted by /u/Jamendithas92
[link] [comments]

This is the winner(DannyDonuts)'s decklists of Control's Wild Invitational Finals

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 09:08 PM PST

This Week's Tavern Brawl is "'Servant of Yogg-Saron' Tryouts" (January 3, 2018)

Posted: 03 Jan 2018 09:02 AM PST

Description: Help Yogg-Saron find a servant! Your deck is full of wannabes who cast a random spell at a random target when played.

Reward: Classic Pack.

submitted by /u/BillTheImpaler
[link] [comments]

You're the General Manager of a class in Hearthstone. What trades do you propose?

Posted: 03 Jan 2018 02:49 AM PST

Multi-class trades, trying to strengthen your class the most, two-for-ones... it's all possible, but it's got to be a deal another class would accept.

What cards do you trade for? How much do you give up for them?

submitted by /u/cazaron
[link] [comments]

I had your minions that cost more than 5 cost 5 most fun ive ever had in Hearthstone.

Posted: 03 Jan 2018 06:31 AM PST

Trust nobody, not even yourself

Posted: 03 Jan 2018 02:52 AM PST

DisguisedTwin speaks the truth

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 03:40 PM PST

Hearthstone is a game of pure skill.

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 11:55 PM PST

Savjz - No No No No No No

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 02:45 PM PST

Ranked Rework Status

Posted: 03 Jan 2018 08:07 AM PST

https://imgur.com/a/BkezI

The most recent discussion I've heard from official sources regarding Ranked rework is the June Dev Q&A with Mike and Ben: https://youtu.be/IK518BRlnW4 . Starts at 42:10, /u/bbrode at 44:00 "We're hoping later this year to have some significant changes to the ranked experience."

Now, not trying to box yall into a corner with a "YOU GAVE US A TIMELINE HRRRRG", but I am curious: how's it coming along? This is the last the community has heard about it, six months ago.

submitted by /u/Soleniae
[link] [comments]

Shadowcaster still makes a 20/20 Darkness

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 12:07 PM PST

On Loot Boxes and Morality - A discussion on randomized microtransactions, card packs, and their effects

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 05:21 PM PST

IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED (Millhouse into Azari)

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 01:59 PM PST

When Rod of Roasting is actually a viable strategy.

Posted: 03 Jan 2018 07:17 AM PST

Blizzard: "Just save your money and remain F2P"

Posted: 03 Jan 2018 08:07 AM PST

How to instantly lose with warrior against Ixlid.

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 10:50 PM PST

Tavern brawl in a nutshell

Posted: 03 Jan 2018 09:45 AM PST

Where are the «Best of» awards?

Posted: 03 Jan 2018 04:42 AM PST

I don't mean to be a pain and aggressively ask for something that's coming (and this is the 2nd year in a row I'm asking), but it seems like this sub is a bit slow with getting the awards going.

It's a great opportunity to take a look back at the best (and worst) this sub has produced the last year, and I personally find it to be the most enjoyable 'event', so to speak.

So... mods plz?

submitted by /u/Captain_Priceless
[link] [comments]

Toast calls on the expert for some help

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 06:12 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.