RimWorld Wardrobe Malfunction (Ms-Paint Rimworld Season 3 : Episode 2)


Wardrobe Malfunction (Ms-Paint Rimworld Season 3 : Episode 2)

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 07:52 PM PST

It was just a prank, bro

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 08:53 AM PST

Look guys, this game is pretty fun and all but I think it's time we addressed the elephant in the room.

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 02:41 PM PST

The Second Day of Rimmas (Rimworld Comics' Holiday Special)

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 06:20 AM PST

Has anyone seen the new girl Diana recently?

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 09:17 AM PST

I Failed at Creating a Mod, then got 73 People to Subscribe to a Mod that Literally Just Crashes Rimworld

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 05:16 PM PST

Colonist just got hit by a meteorite, thanks Randy

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 04:40 PM PST

Have a permanently bedridden colonist, are there any outs for him or is he kibble?

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 08:17 PM PST

Infestation solution. Encase them in steel and cook them out.

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 09:37 AM PST

Are bedrolls used during travel?

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 06:48 PM PST

If I load up bedrolls for my caravan will my pawns get a bonus during their rest period, or do they only work in maps once they are deployed?

submitted by /u/XelNigma
[link] [comments]

So I noticed the 'psychiatric patient' description...

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 12:39 PM PST

https://i.imgur.com/CzFW6Gf.png

... and as someone who's been in a mental institution shortish term I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting them to be more violent or something along those lines, but instead their life and professional skills are a bit worse and they missed out on some of the opportunities other adults in rimworld had.

I headcannon the incapable of violence/social/care and increased break risk from 'too smart' as ptsd and related social problems from the 1850s style psychiatric 'care'.

Her childhood as a noble means she can't do 'dumb labor' and she has no useful skills since her only interest is animal care (there are barely any animals since it's an ice sheet), possibly making her a candidate as most useless character. But given how people react in this game when their bedrooms get dirty, someone who has nothing better to do than clean and haul has actually pretty useful and she's even married one of the existing colonists.

I know this is a small thing, but I don't think I've ever seen a video game portray psychiatric patients as something other than creepy or dangerous and it meant a lot to me to see it being treated in a more understanding way.

submitted by /u/Em_Talks_About_Media
[link] [comments]

Can colonists bite?

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 05:21 PM PST

One of my colonists got into fight with another colonist after insulting their disfigurement (missing arm from a grizzly manhunter pack).

I noticed after they were all healed up that the aggressor had the permanent injury: Nose - Bitten Off, as well as two missing fingers. This colonist had not been involved in the majority of fights due to being the only colonist with the Brawler trait.

Am I to understand that the woman missing an arm got so pissed that the other colonist was talking shit about her amputation that she went into a full Tyson-esque rage and bit off the aggressor's nose and two of her fingers?

Edit: I just noticed another colonist made a piece of art to commemorate the fight. What a legacy.

submitted by /u/Crackgnome
[link] [comments]

Bought this 10 days ago, 93 hours in...

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 12:30 AM PST

First, I hope this isn't breaking any rules, I just wanted to share.

Well... thanks Steam for logging my hours of shame. 93 hours over 10 days. That's almost 10 hours a day. I don't even know how I managed that. I've definitely been getting less sleep.

This game is fantastic. I haven't had a game suck me in like this in a long time. I managed to get all my colonists out into space (except the dead ones). The end game portion is a little drawn out with not much happening outside of waiting. But still, fantastic, amazing, well put together game and I couldn't be happier with my colossal waste of time. This game is simply one of the most amazing builders ever made. Thank you Tynan!

So what now? Those 93 hours were one round, one base, one set of colonists into space. I don't think a single round of a game has ever taken up this much time. What do I do now? Is there mod lists that add different objectives? A different challenge? I don't want to just build again, now knowing the good strategies before hand. How do you change the game up in a cohesive manner instead of just dumping a bunch of random mods. Or should I retire RimWorld knowing it was one of the greats?

submitted by /u/KingradKong
[link] [comments]

My whole colony collapsed

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 07:06 PM PST

Both malaria and the plague struck my colony at the same time. 4 got infected with malaria, 3 got infected with the plague. When these diseases struck, I only had a doctor level 3 and herbal medicine. 1 upvote = 1 prayer for this dead colony

submitted by /u/HueittY
[link] [comments]

Why do my colonists hate their bedrooms?!

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 10:41 PM PST

Noob Issue: Getting Steel?

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 09:06 PM PST

So I generally go off and on playing Rimworld and recently got back into it again. I've googled this a bit too, but can't really find any big solutions. How do you guys get so much steel? I've seen pictures and such that seem to be filled with it, but I am constantly running out. I've mined through all on the map, I have a smelter melting down slag, and I've been trying to do the deep drilling. I try to trade for it every chance I get when people come around, but I still struggle to have enough for everything I'm doing.

submitted by /u/7ark
[link] [comments]

Sometimes Raids Go Wrong

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 09:33 AM PST

Hi guys!

I'm happy to report that Sometimes Raids Go Wrong is now officially released.

This is a mod which, as the title suggests, creates occasional setbacks for raiders who wish to assault your colony. When a raid is sent, the storyteller rolls a d20 and then looks up the list of things that can go wrong with that raid. Additionally, Randy loves it when things go wrong, so he rolls an extra d20 and takes the lowest result.

Here's the list:

  • The Deadly Years - a disease causes the raiders to age rapidly.
  • Manhunters - a pack of manhunters ambush the raiders.
  • Malfunctioning drop pods - instead of landing in their drop pods, the raiders crash at high speed suffering injuries.
  • Rocks fall, you die - a number of meteorites fall from the sky, potentially landing on raiders who aren't looking up.
  • Wasted - the raiders were having a party when the order came in to raid your colony, so when they arrive they're hammered or blacked out.
  • On fire and chased by mechs - the raiders were being pursued by mechanoids, and some of them got caught in the blast from an inferno cannon.
  • A rainy day - the raiders get out of their drop pods, their weapons are a bit screwed up, and the weather has taken a turn for the worse.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who tried out the test versions of the mod, and for all the encouragement along the way. I hope you enjoy the mod. :)

Full changelog:

  • Raiders can be attacked by a variety of manhunters depending on your current biome, not just wargs.
  • New thing that can go wrong. Meteorite swarm falls randomly near the raiders.
  • New thing that can go wrong. Raiders enter the map on fire and are pursued by a mixture of scyther and centipede mechaoids.
  • New thing that can go wrong. Raiders that arrive via drop pods can be intoxicated.
  • New thing that can go wrong. Raiders that arrive via drop pods can suffer weapon damage and the weather changes to foggy rain.
  • Raiders no longer age instantly but get a rapid ageing disease which can be slowed by medicine.
  • The rapid ageing disease causes Alzheimer's to onset and progress mcuh faster than normal.
  • The rapid ageing disease can cause all the chronic conditions that normal ageing can.
  • The stages of the rapid ageing disease (minor, major, extreme) have thoughts to go with them.
  • Known issue: Rapid ageing doesn't cause hair to turn grey.
  • Mod settings. Alter the minimum and maximum possible rolls of the dice. Default 1 to 20, rolls of 1 to 4 actually do something. You can set the minimum and maximum to the same value to test a particular thing that goes wrong.
  • Added a new quest item: youth serum.

Downloads

Direct download

Steam Workshop

submitted by /u/burneplasmafire
[link] [comments]

All I want for Christmas is a remote-controlled door.

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 10:15 AM PST

I think one of the biggest things missing from vanilla is a switch that can be wired to open or close doors. It would be pretty great to keep a kill box open until a manhunter pack comes through, and being able to close the door quickly without risking a pawn.

submitted by /u/enigmical
[link] [comments]

Do fat people provide more meat?

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 01:21 AM PST

My colony is starving and I have a choice between two people to butcher and eat. I know for a fact that fat people in real life provide more meat, but I can't find any up-do-date answers whether it's true in the game as well.

submitted by /u/Squirrelthing
[link] [comments]

Getting colonists

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 10:40 PM PST

Just got the game, and I'm three hours in and only have 4 colonists. Is this normal?

submitted by /u/nottylerquinlan
[link] [comments]

I don't think that's how you're supposed to headbutt...

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 07:19 PM PST

How do you tell your colonists to relax?

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 01:38 AM PST

Sometimes when I assign large mining projects, some of my colonists will spend too much time mining, and get into a bad mood since it's cold/dark/dirty where they mine.

How do I tell these colonists to temporarily go relax/take a walk/play games...etc (without messing with their overall work priorities/schedule)

submitted by /u/oxeimon
[link] [comments]

MOD REQUEST - Droid Colonists

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 12:38 AM PST

So, I'm watching a Youtuber who I am a patreon for play a Star Wars themed Rimworld playthrough, and I thought it'd be fun to have Astromech and other types of droids be construct-able colonists that sleep in charging bays and get their "sustenance" from those bays when they sleep.

Like, Astromechs can be really skilled at construction, and you can have the protocol droids who can recruit prisoners, and also clean up.

If a modder could make this, I would be so happy.

submitted by /u/DarthVenger
[link] [comments]

I made a fake news articles for a Reddit post

Posted: 15 Dec 2017 12:32 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.