Fallout - At the start of Fallout 4, the raiders attacking Preston should have been Gunners, introducing you to two factions immediately.


At the start of Fallout 4, the raiders attacking Preston should have been Gunners, introducing you to two factions immediately.

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 03:53 AM PST

The Minutemen already have a history with the Gunners, so it makes perfect sense. These guys could have been sent to find the last minuteman and kill him. If you could join the Gunners, it would still work, as by killing those attacking Preston, the other Gunners are impressed with your skills and offer you a chance to use them as a mercenary. What do you think?

submitted by /u/LighthousePilgrim
[link] [comments]

If Paladin Danse's armor can withstand the ArcJet engine test-firing, there is no reason power armor should be damaged by a molotov cocktail.

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 12:15 PM PST

I know it's a matter balance between lore and gameplay, but I still feel like the Mars rocket sequence is a bit much. If the armor can resist a sustained rocket blast, there is no way molotovs, lasers, or flamers should damage it.

submitted by /u/TRHess
[link] [comments]

Shout-out to my most hated guy in all all the Fallouts.

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 10:46 AM PST

You, random raider with a nuke launcher in an elevated hallway near Corvega. You've caused me more deaths and more lost progress then the entire rest of your little band of misfits combined. I'm pretty sure I've died to you on my survival play throughs more then I ever died to the Master in Fallout 1, or even Frank in Fallout 2 with his random chamber of sentry guns.

submitted by /u/lurkeroutthere
[link] [comments]

(SPOILERS) Can we take a minute to think about Father Elijah?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 01:58 PM PST

Okay, he was a very bad person. He killed many, many people. But his history is so complex. At once he was a Brotherhood elder, and he gained the popularity of people outside the Brotherhood, gaining them many new recruits. He escaped from the Big MT, hacked Doctor 0, and escaped by ramming trains into tunnel entrances. He then makes his way to the Sierra Madre (also known as a "Dead City") and he survives until the Courier comes along and kills him (either by trapping him in a vault or in combat). And he does all of this while having migraines because of his mentat addiction, arthritis, and being rather old. Oh no, I just realized I just praised a murderer.

submitted by /u/waluigi609
[link] [comments]

Best place to build a concentration camp in Fallout 4?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:00 AM PST

I need a place to build one. Sanctuary, Spectacle Island, Starlight Drive-In, Sunshine Co-Op and Vault 88 is taken. Anywhere else?

submitted by /u/TheLegend3637
[link] [comments]

About the recent controversy surrounding microtransactions...

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 12:39 PM PST

I hadn't seen a post about it here on the fallout subreddit, but I thought it'd be interesting to discuss. I've never been a big fan of EA games or COD so I haven't bought those games in a long time.

I love the fallout franchise and I'm a pretty staunch supporter of Bethesda, but if a new TES or FO game had a significant amount of microtransactions or pay2win aspect, I probably would have a similar reaction to the Battlefront fans.

I know this is highly unlikely for various reasons: console commands, modding, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be a realistic way of implementing multiplayer without turning it into any other FPS. I'm just curious to know what people on this subreddit think if Fallout were ever to go in that direction?

TLDR - thoughts on microtransactions/pay2win and how it would affect fallout.

submitted by /u/TheRealBDR
[link] [comments]

Curie and her self-identity issues. Spoiler question for Curie's personal mission

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 07:09 AM PST

SPOILERS

So you go to Doctor Amari and get Curie a new body instead of a Mrs. Handy one. What happens to her old body? Broken down for parts? Turned into a laser turret for Goodneighbor? I hope it's the last one.

submitted by /u/Lots42
[link] [comments]

TIL...(helpful hint)

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 03:44 PM PST

In Fallout 4 when you destroy a Protectron's hands it initates a self-destruct sequence! It starts walking a lot quicker to try and kill you with the blast but you should be able to outrun it. Not sure if it works on Assaultrons or Sentry Bots.

submitted by /u/EffortlessCool
[link] [comments]

How to steal anything without getting caught in Fallout 4.

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:09 PM PST

This is for all you thieves out there in the Commonwealth. All you need to do is look at the item you want to steal, hold A so you can drag the item, then just walk to a place where no one can see you, and steal it. I've pulled quite a bit of loot using this.

submitted by /u/Qaletaqa_
[link] [comments]

First time in Boston, and I am amazed by the intricate details.

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:04 PM PST

I have been in America for almost a decade, and always stayed in the west and south. This thanks giving week, finally got the chance to head over to the East Coast, right then and there booked myself a ticket to Boston.

Every day there has been me finding and comparing places from fo4, and I can't help but be amazed by some of the little details that were in the game that reflects the Boston we know, pretty well.

I went to Diamond City, joined the Railroad, took care of the Institute at M... I mean CIT. Planning on betraying the synth lovers at Bunker Hill tomorrow, and end my trip by taking care of the Gunners down at Quincy.

Edit: broken engrish

submitted by /u/f0ba
[link] [comments]

Mods for fallout 4 on the xbox

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 01:16 PM PST

What are some good mods to get on the Xbox bois/girls??? And why?

submitted by /u/satanlolz
[link] [comments]

Fallout New Vegas Bug?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 02:07 PM PST

Hi all

Playing New Vegas tonight trying to do a Legion play through, I've just killed Mr House and my quest is to return to Caesar and tell him. I haven't killed any legion soldiers and my status with them is neutral, yet when I return there, the legion soldiers are all hostile and attack me? I've tried dismissing followers and taking all armour etc off but nothing seems to stop it?

submitted by /u/Yaldinho
[link] [comments]

[Steam version, Win 10] The radio music doesn't work in New Vegas. Have you ever had this problem and did you get it fixed?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:10 PM PST

The talking bits on the radio works just fine, but when it comes time for music there's nothing but silence and the audio graphic which indicates that there should be music playing on my PIP Boy.

When I was playing Fallout 3 I couldn't even get the game to work so I had to use the Tale of Two Wastelands mod. The game worked fine except for the music problem. The mod is now uninstalled and the download is fresh and all files are validated.

I just don't understand what the problem is and it's frustrating me to no end. I've tried countless solutions and nothing has worked. Consider all the obvious solutions to this problem to have been attempted. Have YOU had this exact problem with the game? Do YOU have a solution that YOU know works?

submitted by /u/DannyFilming
[link] [comments]

Myrna must have >10 Perception.

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 02:37 AM PST

Power Armor needs a “Fear perk”

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:03 PM PST

Across all the recent Fallout games (3+) I have found power armor to make me less effective. Combat armor is my go to, as it lets you be stealthy, and take hits.

I really wish Power Armor incited more fear in people. Especially in Fallout 4 where you kind of step into a mini-Titan. I have walls of this stuff I NEVER get in. I think showing up to a raider camp where they all have pipe pistols, they should just want to run. Especially when I jump off the roof and impact kill your friend.

I know this is a problem in most RPG's like "is that the guy who defeat World Shattering Threat, better attack him with out butter knife.", but for some reason the power armor really stands out to me.

submitted by /u/GamerDad08
[link] [comments]

I want to introduce my little brother

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 10:04 AM PST

What's the most "appropriate" game? He always asks me what that game I'm always playing is, and I want to introduce him. However, I don't want him to freak out by some of the material, (The legion crucifying people, for example). Oh and the iOS game doesn't really count as he's playing it already. He's old enough to get mature themes, but I don't want to overwhelm him with them.

submitted by /u/PKshark
[link] [comments]

Can you run into Preston’s impersonator with Preston as a companion?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 01:44 PM PST

Fo4 Using too much memory?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 10:51 AM PST

Can Fo4 possibly be using too much memory with these specs? (Full specs provided by Steam) Norton constantly closes it automatically because it says it's "Using too much memory and could cause your computer to lose files"

Computer Information:

Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Model: GE62 2QF Form Factor: Laptop No Touch Input Detected Processor Information: CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz CPU Family: 0x6 CPU Model: 0x47 CPU Stepping: 0x1 CPU Type: 0x0 Speed: 2694 Mhz 8 logical processors 4 physical processors HyperThreading: Supported FCMOV: Supported SSE2: Supported SSE3: Supported SSSE3: Supported SSE4a: Unsupported SSE41: Supported SSE42: Supported AES: Supported AVX: Supported CMPXCHG16B: Supported LAHF/SAHF: Supported PrefetchW: Supported Operating System Version: Windows 10 (64 bit) NTFS: Supported Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0 Video Card: Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5600 Driver Version: 20.19.15.4531 DirectX Driver Version: 22.21.13.8205 Driver Date: 9 29 2016 OpenGL Version: 4.5 Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M VendorID: 0x10de DeviceID: 0x13d8 Revision: 0xa1 Number of Monitors: 1 Number of Logical Video Cards: 1 No SLI or Crossfire Detected Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Primary Display Size: 13.58" x 7.64" (15.55" diag) 34.5cm x 19.4cm (39.5cm diag) Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x Primary VRAM: 1024 MB Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x Sound card: Audio device: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti Memory: RAM: 16299 Mb Miscellaneous: UI Language: English Media Type: DVD Total Hard Disk Space Available: 1055531 Mb Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 933810 Mb OS Install Date: Jan 01 1970 Game Controller: None detected VR Headset: None detected 

I Play on 1920x1080 with a 6:9 ration on Ultra video quality, if more info is needed please ask for it.

submitted by /u/Dvalin_Ras93
[link] [comments]

Again, a quick update in my OWB Run.

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 08:48 AM PST

Why is the biological research center so damn suave? Sounds like he's about to drop some dope-ass soul track at any moment.

And muggy, for him coffee mugs are like cocaine, apparently.

And also, following advice of another comment, I do use pure melee weaponry against the lobotomites, they're indeed, bullet sponge, and even wearing the T51 I get a lot of damage because of the brush gun.

And also they were visitors before the courier, they were 3, Why I do have the feeling that Elijah reprogrammed 8? And the other one was Ulysses?

Again, thanks!.

(And God damn the sonic blaster does help a darn lot when able to unlock force fields)

Another update:

Turns out the toaster wants to rule the world, and the light switches are petty.

submitted by /u/I_Am_Ed_Edd_n_Eddy
[link] [comments]

Todd turned me into a monster.

Posted: 19 Nov 2017 06:10 PM PST

I sentenced twelve dwellers to a certain death in Fallout Shelter today. They didn't do anything wrong, they were just level 1 guys with low skills. I didn't want to do it but I had built a living quarters room in an inconvenient spot and I wanted to remove it. But, I couldn't remove it because I had too many dwellers. I sent them out to explore with no weapons, no stimpaks, and no radaway. I knew they wouldn't make it long and when they die, I will just coldly press "Remove". The worst part is... I named a dweller that looked like me after myself and used him to get all the women in the vault pregnant. So, they were my own sons that I sent out never to return. All for the sake of some vault room rearranging.

submitted by /u/coryandtrevorforever
[link] [comments]

Ghoul idea for next fallout game

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 09:07 AM PST

So in the next fallout game I'd love it if there was an option in the prologue to not go in a vault but survive and become a ghoul. You would skip two hundred years and the game shows you survive the fallout and live as a ghoul until around the time the vaults are opened. The institute or whatever captures you and you lose whatever items you have and you narrowly escape with your life. The map will have alot more ghouls in it and some settlements are populated by ghouls others by humans. (Most of) the humans at this point hate ghouls and want them hunted and killed and your character ends up becoming the 'Martin Luther King Jr' for ghouls. Meanwhile the main antagonist is a vault survivor that is new to the fallout world and he/she is disgusted by ghouls and leads a movement to kill them. However if you had chosen to go in the vault then the antagonist is a ghoul that wants to kill all the humans because of the way ghouls have been mistreated by humans. There would be four main factions with your character having access to two of them one faction would have it's sole focus to rid the world of ghouls/humans the other two factions would want there to be a sort of peace between both races. Now here's a few human/ghoul differences: If you choose to play as a ghoul obviously you would not be affected by radiation or any sort of radiation related materials. However because you are a ghoul you have a slightly lower base health than a human because of the skinny build and rotting skin also everything is far more expensive because ghouls aren't accepted as members of society unless you visit a ghoul trader in a ghoul settlement but the ghoul settlements in general have less supplies because of the difference in numbers. If you play as a human you have the disadvantage of radiation all the time and you are an outsider to the way of life.

I very much doubt I'm the first to have this idea but I love it because it kind of an official way to play the game twice. But what do you guys all think?

submitted by /u/The_Lizards_Are_Real
[link] [comments]

Anyone else getting the Fallout 4 texture bug?

Posted: 19 Nov 2017 10:52 PM PST

I'm trying to do another playthrough of Fallout 4. I was having a lot of fun doing it but then the texture glitch that a lot of people on Bethedsa community forums have been talking about got me.

It's a bug that is apparently hitting Xbox One users. Makes all metalic surfaces, water, and eyes get a lot of game break color/rainbow effects. Its pretty bad and hard to ignore to the point of putting the game down. It persists with and without mods.

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about it. I can't find any info on Bethesda looking into the problem.

submitted by /u/WaffaSnaffa
[link] [comments]

Went to Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention over the weekend, won best prop while there.

Posted: 19 Nov 2017 09:48 PM PST

Does Power Armor Take Fall Damage?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:30 PM PST

I know the player doesn't but will my armor take damage jumping off the prydwen?

submitted by /u/supremebrady
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.